160gb ps3 uncharted bundle $450 at Amazon. price cut?

More like they're trying to clear them out.. this bundle hasn't been produced for a while, there's a ton of backstock left in stores everywhere.

theres a $100 Price cut coming on 2 weeks

- Slim PS3 $199 like the 360 Aracde for $199 (no WiFi, small HDD)
- 80GB PS3 no games $299
- 160GB PS3 with 2 games $399

Basically the same Price points as the Xbox 360 matched up SKU for SKU.

[quote name='Master Ninja']theres a $100 Price cut coming on 2 weeks

- 80GB PS3 no games $299

Basically the same Price points as the Xbox 360 matched up SKU for SKU.[/QUOTE]

same master ninja from GAF?

[quote name='samisdumm']where did you get this info master ninja[/QUOTE]

Engadget dot com confirms this.

[quote name='Skoad']No they didn't. They said it's a rumor:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/04/sonys-playstation-3-slim-to-debut-august-18th-at-cologne-gamesc/

Even if what's above is true, in the article they say it's going to debut at the Cologne Gamescon on August 16th, the price drop and Slim aren't going to be here "in two weeks".[/QUOTE]

You're right, I shouldnt have said "confirms". I merely meant that the info was floating around, even if rumored, and that it wasnt just coming out of his as.s. Probably.

The article does however confirm that Sony has "hacked $50 off of its "160GB PlayStation 3 bundle" which (could) mean that price drops are right around the corner. And it says that the Slim will "debut" August 18th, as well as saying it will be introduced, so if it is true, and it does get debuted, ie released, it will be here in 2 weeks.

Maybe you mean here as in the US?

You you you mean I don't have to pay $500 for a 1 year old game, and a PS3 with no backwards compatability or a 160GB hdd (which I could buy cheaper and better)

Oh sweetness thankyou!!!

Give me a $299 PS3 NOW!

[quote name='riseup21']The article does however confirm that Sony has "hacked $50 off of its "160GB PlayStation 3 bundle" which (could) mean that price drops are right around the corner. And it says that the Slim will "debut" August 18th, as well as saying it will be introduced, so if it is true, and it does get debuted, ie released, it will be here in 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]
Of course the 160GB is $50 off, but that's not universal. Just Amazon. Every time Amazon has had the PS3 system discounted, someone has said "this means a price drop is right around the corner", even back in November.

The system will debut at the expo and conference on the 18th. Not at stores. If it was, we would have heard about it from people who are working at GameStop/Walmart/etc. Sony can't just sneak the systems into their warehouse.

But yeah, mostly here in the US. We probably won't see it for another couple months (pre-Holiday). I don't know, maybe we'll have the price drops by then. I hate speculating. Especially with Sony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever think it's just worthless to buy one of these things? My bro has one and barely uses it because he thinks the 360 plays better. I went ahead and just got a 360 Pro. Now I'm trying to get PS3.

[quote name='JSReaper212']Anyone ever think it's just worthless to buy one of these things? My bro has one and barely uses it because he thinks the 360 plays better. I went ahead and just got a 360 Pro. Now I'm trying to get PS3.[/QUOTE]
Why don't you get your brother's? And of course someone thinks it's worthless, that's why we have fanboys.

I feel the need to add something more substantial to this thread. This is better than Dell with the 15% after tax is applied. If you get tax with Amazon, well that sucks. If you live somewhere that doesn't get tax like Delaware, then well, it sucks to just live in Delaware and I guess you should get the best deal to make up for it (it really doesn't though).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Master Ninja']theres a $100 Price cut coming on 2 weeks

- 80GB PS3 no games $299

Basically the same Price points as the Xbox 360 matched up SKU for SKU.[/QUOTE]

You're crazy if you think the Slim is going to basically be a PS3 "Arcade"! Smaller components == cheaper production. The PS3 Slim is coming to replace all existing SKUs.

Actually, I've had some more time to think about it. You're not crazy if you believe that, you're a fucking moron.

Look for all SKUs to take a $100 price cut to clear them out of the channel upon release of the Slim (which will be priced at $299.99 and have basically the same features as the current 80GB), with the Killzone 2/MGS4 bundle being expanded to all existing SKUs to push them out faster. This includes the Uncharted bundle, which will be priced at $349.99 until it's gone.

Also, the announcement will come in August but the release of the Slim won't occur until September.

At least if you're going to pull shit out of your ass a) pull shit that makes sense, b) pull shit that COULD happen, and c) don't be a fucking moron.

I highly doubt we'll see a $199 PS3 right now. Not for at least a couple more years, if not more. I also don't think Sony would undercut the PSP Go.

The Uncharted bundle should not be used as fodder for predictiong an incoming price drop or slim since it's been $50 off for at least a month now at Amazon.

If Sony does have price cuts or slim soon, it will either be before or after Uncharted 2. They gotta ask themselves if they want to boost sales of that game with a price cut before and lose out on some profit on the hardware, or boost sales of the PS3 at the current price with the launch of that game. They should do it before since no exclusive, other than MGS4, has really pushed PS3 sales a lot.

They're discontinuing the PS3 in favor of the better selling PS2. BUY NOW OR YOU'LL NEVER GET ONE*.

*until the PS3 Slim comes out in 3 weeks, bundled with Halo 4.

I thought Halo 4 wasn't coming out until the Xbox 720 launched on Decmeber 24 this year.

bread's done
Back