1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

i registered some you guys' numbers
lurking is a hobby of mine
so it was probably me with that random add
either way im highly interested

Quick question: are we incorporating wildcard advancement into this season, or are the numbers going to work out so that's unnecessary? I should have probably PM'd this, but, meh. :)

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']If the NHL can handle 30 teams, I'm sure you can too. :)

Maybe start with the extra six, then mix the matches up enough so that they don't spend the whole season playing each other?[/QUOTE]

Sigh. I'm finally done re-adjusting the schedules for 30 teams where each player has a match against everyone in their division once while the other 4 games are non-division. Lemme just say that it was a pain in the :booty:. Stupid schedule generators weren't outputting what I wanted - including 4 home and 4 away games - so I had to manually input it. Gahh!!!

[quote name='JoeB1233']Quick question: are we incorporating wildcard advancement into this season, or are the numbers going to work out so that's unnecessary? I should have probably PM'd this, but, meh. :)[/QUOTE]

Only 6 move on to the tournament. #1 and #2 receive byes due to their mad skillz. The format is the same as the NFL playoffs, except we have only 1 conference and not 2.

Well, if the spot is available, count me in. I played some games with a friend down south, and they went pretty smooth.

[quote name='evergoo']Sigh. I'm finally done re-adjusting the schedules for 30 teams where each player has a match against everyone in their division once while the other 4 games are non-division. Lemme just say that it was a pain in the :booty:. Stupid schedule generators weren't outputting what I wanted - including 4 home and 4 away games - so I had to manually input it. Gahh!!!

:applause:
thnx buddy thanks for hooking it up

I don't know how you all feel, but I'm excited about regularly scheduled smash'ing :)

Thank you Marc, for bringing us leetness :)

Of course, dyeknom, Marc is the uber-pimp. He will always bring us awesomeness.

Such as the defeat of both Kado and Beef. Yes - I'm still impressed.

[quote name='suko_32']How many spots are left?[/QUOTE]

Exactly two. Please join :pray:. You'll see why when you figure out which division you are in :evil:.

EDIT: Yes, Joe. I am uber not b/c I am co-hosting this season but b/c I defeated two of the best in a handicap match. Oh yeah :cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll join. I haven't been playing this game at all, but this will give me a reason to play it occasionally again.

Edit: Yeah goo, I know the reason lol.

Kinda sucks I missed out on this, but I just now noticed the PM. I haven't played in about a month anyway, so I probably wouldn't be much of a factor. If someone has to drop out though, I wouldn't mind being on a wait list if you're going to get one going, goo.

[quote name='Arikado']Kinda sucks I missed out on this, but I just now noticed the PM. I haven't played in about a month anyway, so I probably wouldn't be much of a factor. If someone has to drop out though, I wouldn't mind being on a wait list if you're going to get one going, goo.[/QUOTE]

Nice to see you come back. I was gone for a month, too, and my skills didn't diminish much. I'm sure you can pick it back up within a day or two. Seriously.

Well, I'm replacing you for JohnnyFoxDarko since he never technically signed up. Dallow, please tell him I'm sorry. If someone does dropout, I'll let him know.

And guess what? You're in the same division as Mr. Beef. Brings back memories from the first tournament, doesn't it?

[quote name='evergoo']Nice to see you come back. I was gone for a month, too, and my skills didn't diminish much. I'm sure you can pick it back up within a day or two. Seriously.

Well, I'm replacing you for JohnnyFoxDarko since he never technically signed up. Dallow, please tell him I'm sorry. If someone does dropout, I'll let him know.

And guess what? You're in the same division as Mr. Beef. Brings back memories from the first tournament, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's like riding a bike. Main thing I'm concerned about is readjusting to the lag, since the last week or so that I played was only local.

Thanks for the spot. I remember I tossed out an idea like this a while back when Brawl was still all I played. Nice to see it happen!

Losing that match against the eventual champion Beef sucked back in that first tourney, but it was a close nail-biter. Hopefully I can extract some revenge here. :twisted:

For emphasis:

[quote name='evergoo']One of the coolest things about college football is seeing the preseason rankings...but we don't have any at the moment! That is why, it is up to you to decide who the Top 15 are on CAG! The hosts have decided not to rank everyone because that would take forever and not all of us have played one another. Besides, who doesn't like seeing an upset?

Before you begin ranking individuals, we highly advise you to play against the other folks within our league (don't forget to register all Brawl Codes). It'll definitely give you a good sense of who deserves what ranking. Go ahead, we encourage you to make lists and bring forth discussions in this thread. The deadline for submitting your preseason Smash Poll is Saturday 11:59 pm PST. Please PM BlueLobstah your submission and remember that you are only allowed to submit one per week. [/quote]

I have cleaned out my inbox in preparation for the influx of poll rankings. Remember:

Only rank who you consider to be the top 15 players.

Deadline is Saturday, August 2nd @ 11:59 pm PST

I will do my best to compile and release the results by Sunday afternoon, or Monday morning.

Just registered everyone's code from the op aside from Ingwe.
For some reason, he's got my fc listed.

Anyways, I'll be on tonight for some "pre-season" ranking matches. Whoever is interested pm a time.

Also for emphasis:

[quote name='evergoo']At the end of every match, please don't forget to post game results. That means, who won Games 1, 2, and 3.[/quote]

Post the results of your sets in this topic!

Since I'm handling this aspect of the statistics, I'm going to stress that I need everyone to follow this rule. Guys, if everyone does this correctly, we'll have a huge amount of really neat data at the end of the season. And who doesn't want that?

So here's the format you'll need to follow:

@ [Stage], [Winner's Name] ([Winner's Character]) d. [Loser's Name] ([Loser's Character]),
[Remaining Lives of Winner]

Obviously, anything within brackets is something you'll need to replace with actual data from the matches. You'll need to report in this format for every match within the set. So you'll have at least two lines. Here's an example of a full week's battle report:

@ Final Destination, Mad D (Diddy Kong) d. JoeB1233 (Wolf), 1
@ Battlefield, JoeB1233 (Fox) d. Mad D (Donkey Kong), 1
@ Smashville, Mad D (Kirby) d. JoeB1233 (King Dedede), 3

Darn Mad D, three stocking my King! :nottalking:

I know this may seem like a lot of information to remember, so, seriously, you may want to have a pad of paper and a writing utensil nearby to write down stuff in between matches. If we can get everyone's cooperation on this, we can get a lot of neat data like Number of Kills, Times Killed, Kill Differential, Match Win Percentage, etc. :applause: All you guys need to do is post this data. Thanks guys!

[quote name='suko_32']I have to play JoeB, Goo, and Mad D. lol.[/quote]

Joe's Mad Goo!!!

BlueLobstah: dyeknm, Arikado, @ChibiJosh, @Rig, @Ingwe, buttle, Gothic Walrus, Lurk

Looks like I have an interesting first half of the season, although I'll be very thrilled to see how the second half turns out since I haven't played any of them.

I am slightly disappointed that I don't get to play JoeB. Hopefully, I'll make it to the post-season play! In the meantime, I get the exciting advantage of recording all the matches. Does anyone else plan on doing so? It would be pretty neat if we could get weekly highlights of good games.

OK, I've registered everyone that I didn't already have (which was only about 12). Now if anyone wants to play they just have to add me. I'm excited/terrified to play FallMoon. I don't think I've played her before. But I've heard things, scary things :cry:
[quote name='dyeknom']Daisy, did you see week 8? :) It may take 8 weeks, but we soo get to play again ^_^[/quote]
I fully expect our match to be explosive! And I get to pick the stage :cool:
By the way Evergoo, you spelled his name wrong. There's an O towards the end.

Thanks to everyone for reminding me about corrections. Seriously, please tell me or else I won't know!

Don't forget to excuse me, too, because I did most of this editing during zombie hours.

I'm soooo relieved that I'm almost done with schedules. Boy, was that a pain! Now I can move on to the fun stuff by focusing on the Smash Headlines.

I know for sure I'll make mention of the following matches in Week 1: evergoo vs. zitanix, dyeknm vs. BlueLobstah, and Daisydog vs. FallMoon (Battle of the Smash Chicks).

BTW, I already have my Top 7 (will need some tweaking) and a running list of others who are contenders for the other 8. It's so fun to rank. Woot woot!

EDIT: I'm up for the recording idea, Blue. If zitanix is up for it, we can show off our mad skillz. Too bad one of us is gonna have to drop in rankings within the first week :whistle2:(.

[quote name='Daisydog']I'm excited/terrified to play FallMoon. I don't think I've played her before. But I've heard things, scary things :cry:
[/quote]

Just make all four of your taunts calling her expletives. :D

I'm 100% serious. She's makes some mean taunts. Better have some prepared for her!

EDIT: I submitted my Top 15. Pretty difficult to decide. That, and it seems I may have only played about 15 of the 30 people in this season!

FallMoon and DaisyDog? You guys must hate me - that's just cruel, especially since they're both nondivision matches. :wall:

I don't know if I've played enough of you recently to generate decent rankings, so I'm probably not going to bother. If you guys need any help with the stats, though, let me know - I'm a wizard with Excel.

I need to practice since I'm not used to playing without items. Anyone have some training suggestions? :)

Ah god damn it... i missed out. This was exactly the type of tournament i suggested and wanted to participate in too...

ok so spent hour "writing" all the info
my wii is my only access to the internet at the moment
x_x
i think i injured my hand
might not be able to play

jkjk

[quote name='KhaosX']Ah god damn it... i missed out. This was exactly the type of tournament i suggested and wanted to participate in too...[/QUOTE]

KhaosX, you're #2 in line if someone decides to drop out. JohnnyFoxDarko is #1. We could have used your competitive spirit.

Lurk and Gothic Walrus: If JoeB1233 every needs any help, I'm sure he'll approach you guys first.

One more thing: I need someone with Photoshop skills to make us division champion trophies using the respective characters (e.g. Knuckle Joe, Lakitu, etc.) Refer to Joe's spoiler in his sig to see what I mean, but I want it to say the following:
First CAG
Smash Season
_____ Division
Champion​

We'll also need help with creating Bowl Trophies but we haven't thought of any Bowl names yet and don't know what trophies to use.

EDIT: Lurk, that's mean. Don't tease people like that :evil:

Bowl trophies? If you don't want do Mushroom, Flower, Star, etc. from Mario Kart, you can do Mushroom Kingdom, Dreamland, Hyrule, and other game world titles.

I want to be in the Metroid division next time. :(

[quote name='dyeknom']Sorry about that last one daisy, my nephew pushed the power button on a wii controller.[/quote]
I thought we disconnected pretty quickly on that one. Usually it's lag, lag, freeze for two minutes, then disconnect :lol:

[quote name='zitanix']Bowl trophies? If you don't want do Mushroom, Flower, Star, etc. from Mario Kart, you can do Mushroom Kingdom, Dreamland, Hyrule, and other game world titles.

I want to be in the Metroid division next time. :([/QUOTE]

I proposed 3 different division themes to Blue and Joe. It seemed like Assist Trophy divisions were the most popular.

Here were the other 2 division themes:
CAG lingo
YMMV Division
Shaq-Fu Division
CML Division
DotD Division
B2G1 Division
Price Match Division

Notorious Wii Terms
Waggle Division
Friend Code Division
System Update Division
Refrigerator Full Division
Shovelware Division
Casual Division

[quote name='evergoo']I proposed 3 different division themes to Blue and Joe. It seemed like Assist Trophy divisions were the most popular.

Here were the other 2 division themes:
CAG lingo
YMMV Division
Shaq-Fu Division
CML Division
DotD Division
B2G1 Division
Price Match Division

Notorious Wii Terms
Waggle Division
Friend Code Division
System Update Division
Refrigerator Full Division
Shovelware Division
Casual Division
[/QUOTE]

You made the right decision, although I'm a bit bummed I didn't end up with Resetti.

I need to figure out what characters I'm actually good with in this game. :shock:

:roll::roll:im ol 6pm to 10pm weeknights
weekends im all thumbs
est of course

my hand really does hurt though ;)

bread's done
Back