1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

[quote name='AmigoOne']Wow, thats some amazing planning, time and effort you put into this guys. TY.[/QUOTE]

You better. Just kidding.

Seriously, creating those schedules was a b****. The idea of Polls came into my head while I was walking home from Target. Blue and I shared lots of PMs on how to create the weighted formula so that people with hard schedules won't get screwed and those with easy ones don't get over-ranked. And the Records, well that was easy b/c most of categories were already established from the last tourney by mwah, of course.

EDIT: What's your Smash name, AmigoOne. Is it "Amigo"? You're the last person I need for Brawl Codes.

[quote name='hero101']I want to see the fullmoon vs. daisy match. :roll:

I wonder when I'm fighting Suko...[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I'll be busy next Monday through Wednesday. Other than that, I'm ready to play. We can even start earlier if you want and just not post the results until later.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have added all as well
Mad D you still arent registered on my end
i verified my numbers for you
they`re correct

cough

i will also be opening a room a 7pm est.
season rules
anyone interested, be there i guess

Ok, I am going to add everyone to my Friends List early tomorrow. I sent my Wii in for repair and I might have to Brawl on my brother's Wii, I will let you guys know tomorrow.

I'll be adding everyone either today or tomorrow. Before that, though, I need to reinstall Photoshop and Excel on my PC so I can work on statistics and pictures. AND I have to submit my Power Rankings (EDIT: Done!). And put those into a spreadsheet so I can make notes for appropriate adjustment. (EDIT: I didn't do that, but I put my list into a blog so I can receive feedback. Check it out!)

:)

Just a reminder for those of you who have not sent a ranking. The deadline is tomorrow at midnight PDT!

So far, I have only received rankings from: Daisydog, evergoo, Arikado, zitanix, Rig, and suko_32. If you have not submitted your rankings please do it soon, as the polls will close after midnight PDT on Saturday! I know it would be hard to expect everyone to turn in a poll, but if at least 20 people do it, it will help to balance out any extremes in the poll.

Also of note, yes, you can rank yourself. If your rank is really worthy of your placing other people will be likely to place you around the same area so don't be modest and not include yourself in your own rankings if you feel that you deserve such.

Don't rush me, Blue! Otherwise the ranking will go something like this: " ... 15) BlueLobstah :nottalking:"

Sorry about the back talk.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Don't rush me, Blue! Otherwise the ranking will go something like this: " ... 15) BlueLobstah :nottalking:"

Sorry about the back talk.[/QUOTE]

Just for that I'm going to place you below evergoo. Bwahaha~

Oh wait. *mumbles something about tampering with the results* ;)

"I feel that the difference between Rig and Mad D is very minimal"

No wonder why I hate playing Rig (well actually whenever me and Rig get in a game together we usually lag it up :lol:). I feel that Zit and Blue are similar too. Glad I made it to the second tier on your list. I'd cut and paste these rankings as mine but I'd put me as 10th just because it looks better ;).

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I know it would be hard to expect everyone to turn in a poll, but if at least 20 people do it, it will help to balance out any extremes in the poll.
[/quote]
I sure hope they do because I accidentally left three people off my list :lol:

[quote name='Daisydog']I sure hope they do because I accidentally left three people off my list :lol:[/QUOTE]

Daisy, if you want to resubmit your rankings you have until Saturday to do so if you feel that you're not happy with it.

[quote name='evergoo']Hey Joe,

You and I reversed our votes for one another. Lucky that Blue came along and set the score straight :p[/QUOTE]

I figure you deserved the higher vote since I feel that your abilities with an array of characters is much stronger than Joe's, although your Rob vs. his D3 are pretty evenly matched IMHO.

Lately, I've been working with more characters, although I haven't been pursuing them as seriously as I did with D3. I'll show you my moves some time, Blue! ;)

A great idea. If/when there's a season 2, I wouldn't mind getting a chance to play the best that CAG has to offer. Listen to some of you talk, though, makes me think I should get a little better first.

And the preseason smash poll results are in! Here are the top 15 players according to CAG:
  1. JoeB1223 (5)
    [*]evergoo (1)
    [*]Mr. Beef (2)
    [*]maigoyume (1)
    [*]Arikado (2)
    [*]FallMoon (1)
    [*]suko_32
    [*]Mad D
    [*]BlueLobstah
    [*]zitanix
    [*]Daisydog
    [*]Rig
    [*]dyeknom
    [*]dallow
    [*]AmigoOne

JoeB and evergoo hold a commanding lead over everyone else while the remaining 4 beyond them are very close in votes. It appears that most CAGs hold JoeB in the highest regard with the most first place votes of any other player. 12/30 players sent in ballots ranking CAGs so given the amount of votes that were sent in, I think we have a fairly accurate ranking of players.

Do the parentheses after the name indicate how many times that person was voted for that position? Sorry, I'm just a little bit confused.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. I see that that number indicates how many times that person was voted for first place. Cool!

Why is David so much higher than me :nottalking: (kidding!)

Aww, people actually voted for me (they did right, that wasn't just my vote?...). I'm touched to be in 11th. And I expect my ranking to go even higher when I get 3 stocked in both week 1 and week 2 :cool:

How am I not last place, I've hardly played with you guys, if maybe just once or twice. :)

Oh well, time to put my Dr.MarioKart training skills to use and rank up.
Top 5 here I come!
I'll add everyone tonight.

I think we are, but I think we're going to incorporate a few extra items in there to make sure they don't pop up too frequently. I tested a few games with suko, and it didn't seem too overwhelming. How did you feel, suko?

To clarify, if we lose two games in a row... a third one still needs to be played, correct?

The smoke ball would be an awesome addition to go with smash balls :)

[quote name='JoeB1233']I think we are, but I think we're going to incorporate a few extra items in there to make sure they don't pop up too frequently. I tested a few games with suko, and it didn't seem too overwhelming. How did you feel, suko?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the extra items were fine. I still felt we had a good competitive match with them. The extra items were, Franklin Badge, food, smoke ball, and the lipstick I think.

[quote name='dyeknom']To clarify, if we lose two games in a row... a third one still needs to be played, correct?[/quote]

No, it's just best of 3.

[quote name='JoeB1233']I think we are, but I think we're going to incorporate a few extra items in there to make sure they don't pop up too frequently. I tested a few games with suko, and it didn't seem too overwhelming. How did you feel, suko?[/QUOTE]

We will be incorporating other items and I will reflect that in both OPs. The items will be the Smash Ball, Smoke Ball, Mr. Saturn (does very little damage), and food (very little heal; counters Mr. Saturn).

[quote name='dyeknom']To clarify, if we lose two games in a row... a third one still needs to be played, correct?[/quote]

Foo is right, best out of 3. You can still play more games if you want but we only care who wins the first two games. All stats afterwards will not be calculated into the Smash Records.

Alright, here we are. Guys, here are the Smash Records:

bae3591facfcbdb1d17dfcb58dcceffe6cbceae.png

Not surprisingly, there really isn't anything of interest yet. That will change as matches are completed. Here's the key:

Rank = Rank within Division
Player = Player Name
W = Overall Wins
L = Overall Losses
WIN % = Percentage of Total Matches Won
RW = Rounds Won
RL = Rounds Lost
RW% = Percentage of Rounds Won
STRK = Current Winning/Losing Streak
GB = Games (Sets) Behind the Division Leader
HOME = W/L Record of Home Games
AWAY = W/L Record of Away Games
DIV = W/L Record against those in the same Division

I'll also be keeping track of kills against/kills for/kill differential, but to keep the public record more organized I've omitted publishing them here. Goo, I'll be PM'ing this to you momentarily.

Joe, the Smash Records look fuckin' AWESOME!!1!1! Going to update the OP right now!

And this message is for everyone regarding Item Selection:

The additional items were chosen to minimize the frequency of the Smash Ball. Without these additional items games would often be decided by the Smash Ball, even with the Smash Ball set on low.

[quote name='Arikado']Smoke balls? I HATE smoke balls. :bomb:[/quote]

Then your going to hate our encounter the 8th week! :hot:

Cool little thing you wrote goo. Are you going to do that every week?

Edit: Geez, foltzie really has an impossible schedule.

[quote name='suko_32']Cool little thing you wrote goo. Are you going to do that every week?

Edit: Geez, foltzie really has an impossible schedule.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am. I'm also going to post recaps on the previous week's results. Hope you guys like it!

EDIT: Finally finished updating. Whew!

Just saw the sheet with the records, great job on that JoeB.

Even the title is something fancy that I don't know how to pull off...

bread's done
Back