1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

Let me assure you, I was doing my best with Yoshi. I had a feeling suko would start with Dedede, and past history shows that my dittos with him don't go well. Dedede's great and all, but lately I can't perform his chain throw online, something I'd need against a fellow Dedede.

And hero, you'd be proud to know I only had one mistake-related death against suko's G&W. :)

@ Pokemon Stadium 2: Rig (Kirby) d. Gothic Walrus (Kirby), 2
@ Bridge of Eldin: Rig (Kirby) d. Gothic Walrus (Samus), 3

[quote name='JoeB1233']Let me assure you, I was doing my best with Yoshi. I had a feeling suko would start with Dedede, and past history shows that my dittos with him don't go well. Dedede's great and all, but lately I can't perform his chain throw online, something I'd need against a fellow Dedede.

And hero, you'd be proud to know I only had one mistake-related death against suko's G&W. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was afraid you'd go Yoshi cause my past history says D3 vs. Yoshi has not been great for me. I also remember winning slightly more in our ditto D3 matches and thought you'd might go with someone else. I had the hardest time trying to score a hit as D3.

You did a good job as Yoshi though and I forsee playing you again in our Division Match championship most likely!

Also, Your Ness beat my Marth but not my Falcon? That's just weird.

oh baby rankings dont matter baby! way to prove em wrong suko, along with my many bouts of course haha :) but seriously like sports announcers say, "that's why we play the game"

no im not sure i wanna play you haha

[quote name='The Chop Suey']oh baby rankings dont matter baby! way to prove em wrong suko, along with my many bouts of course haha :) but seriously like sports announcers say, "that's why we play the game"

no im not sure i wanna play you haha[/quote]

Hehe! He was just getting me back for the time I took him out of the first tournament! :lol:

[quote name='JoeB1233'] Dedede's great and all, but lately I can't perform his chain throw online, something I'd need against a fellow Dedede.[/quote]

Is that since you played DMK in person? I noticed my timing got shot from playing local games back in the team tournament, and I imagine the same might've happened to you with Dedede's chaingrab.

Also, I have to try my best against Hero101. Be prepared Hero101. You're going down.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Hehe! He was just getting me back for the time I took him out of the first tournament! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I remember that :)

My timing is way off now, too. Playing locally with some of the best players in the area has thrown off my online game.

P.S.: Joe's Mad Goo sucks! SHOW US YOUR MOVES 4 lyfe!

[quote name='zitanix']Is that since you played DMK in person? I noticed my timing got shot from playing local games back in the team tournament, and I imagine the same might've happened to you with Dedede's chaingrab.

Also, I have to try my best against Hero101. Be prepared Hero101. You're going down.[/quote]

Not just DMK, but others as well. I'm trying to become active in the Wichita Brawl scene, and in the past few week or so I've been playing more offline Brawl than I've ever done. I guess my timing is a bit thrown, although playing with suko tonight, I was able to chain throw his Wolf pretty consistently. *shrugs* I'm not sure.

Also, announcement: those of you who've played either TimPV3 or FallMoon, your record will be affected (as well as your standing in the Delinquency Report). So, don't be surprised if a win/loss is stricken from your record.

One more thing: this is helpful to me, but not necessary. If you guys could include who was home when reporting the matches, that would be great. It's not a huge hassle anyway, but I have to look it up whereas you guys would know who was home/away instantly. Thanks!

PS - In case you couldn't tell, I'm working on the record right now. I'll have it out in the next hour or two(hopefully).

wjhard and I have postponed our match for tonight. We'll hopefully get it done sometime this weekend. zerowing and I should be playing shortly.

I was home team.

@ Final Destination, Arikado (Mr. Game & Watch) d. zerowing (Wolf), 2
@ Lylat Cruise, Arikado (Mr. Game & Watch) d. zerowing (Snake), 2

Good games zerowing. I think you're an underrated player, personally. Bad luck on the first stock in the first game. Always a pleasure playing you. Good luck the rest of the season!

New Smash Records!

05535ceaaf12b8f5d370f55b8fa428254f95763.png

And the Week 5 Delinquency Report. :lol: Here are those people who have not played all five of his or her matches. Do note that because we have two new competitors, a lot of people have been added to the report.

Foo228 (4 matches played) - delay of game against eliter1
eliter1 (4 matches played) - delay of game against Foo228
JohnnyFoxDarko (4 matches played) - Mr. Beef catch-up
dastly75 (4 matches played) - Mr. Beef catch-up
evergoo (4 matches played) - Mr. Beef catch-up
wjhard63 (4 matches played) - Mr. Beef catch-up
Daisydog (4 matches played) - KhaosX catch-up
zitanix (4 matches played) - JoeB1233 used bye
ChibiJosh (4 matches played) - KhaosX catch-up
foltzie (4 matches played) - KhaosX catch-up
JoeB1233 (4 matches played) - bye used against zitanix
zerowing (4 matches played) - bye used against buttle
buttle (3 matches played) - zerowing used bye, bye used against KhaosX

And the supreme delinquents:

KhaosX (0 matches played) - You need to play: @Daisydog, @foltzie, buttle, @ChibiJosh, Mr. Beef

Mr. Beef (0 matches played) - You need to play: @dastly75, evergoo, wjhard63, JohnnyFoxDarko, @KhaosX

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I still need to vote? :roll: (no more fullmoon I see). ZNX, I think I need to postpone our fight to sunday. I think to do total rocky style training for our bout. Yep, that is right.
Edit: voted... Not for myself tho :( I know I'm undervaluing my ability but I rather that then overvalue my abilities. I don't want be too cocky.

[quote name='hero101']
Edit: voted... Not for myself tho :([/quote]

...honestly? hero, you're definitely undervaluing your ability.

Uh, Joe. Four things:

1. There is no scene in Kansas. It's in the middle of nowhere.
Lol, just kidding about the first sentence but serious on the second.

2. We're not re-doing matches that have already taken place or been forfeited. That's just too much backlog for the new competitors and it's not fair to previous winners. Besides, both players are still in the picture for a #1 spot in their division. I was hoping that you would incorporate all the previous records except for maybe the Kill and Rounds section. That can be wiped clean if you want.

3. No byes are being altered because they have more than enough time to complete them. If we follow the schedule as if they're not new, KhaosX and Mr. Beef only have 1 game this week (Week 6) and need to make up their Week 5 game (against each other) some time before next Sunday, Sept. 21.

4. I prolly should have PM'd you guys the messages I sent them. Sorry for the confusion! :wall:

Edit: BTW, you Little Macs make me so proud. :mrgreen: We're all winners and no one has 0 or 1 win. Let's continue the butt-kicking. :booty: And hero, I finally ranked you on my Smash Polls. Don't let me down Padawan!

The polls are in the works, and Marc and I are discussing the results.

Just a heads up as well, due to the Mr. Beef being introduced at such a late time, any votes for Fallmoon were removed so some polls only have 14 votes. Mr. Beef was included but his actual ranking will probably change next week.

Marc, I understand. I didn't alter any byes, and I'll edit the delinquency report to not include 'Mr. Beef catch-up' and stuff.

buttle and I just finished our games. Good games buttle!

@ Smashville, Olimar (BlueLobstah), d. Kirby (buttle), 2
@ Battlefield, Toon Link (BlueLobstah), d. Kirby (buttle), 3
@ Yoshi's Island (Wii), Zero Suit Samus (BlueLobstah), d. Ike (buttle), 1

Good luck in the rest of the tournament!

nicely done blue. sorry about the stage selecting. i don't know what's wrong with me. i had to run back to the computer to see what you chose.

i felt like i finally had something going with ike, but i imagine by that you point you'd probably let up a little on me.

anyway, thanks for the match.

lol sorry JFD thats why i dont host. well after a ridiculous lag fest,

@ Distant Planet, The Chop Suey (snake) d. JFD (yoshi), 1
@ Final Destination, The Chop Suey (snake) d. JFD (Diddy), 1

too much lag, and i know distant planet is probably banned lol but me and jfd both piuck random and that came up lol

Sorry for the delay, but week 5 polls are in! Marc and I debated about which poll to release, but after some thought I decided not to implement strength of schedule into the polls. If the polls actually provided purpose (say for post season play) I would be likely to include strength of schedule, but in this instance I will omit them and keep the schedule strength seperate. 12 votes were sent in, so thanks to Arikado, BlueLobstah, Daisydog, evergoo, Gothic Walrus, hero101, JoeB1233, Lurk, maigoyume, suko_32, The Chop Suey, and zitanix for sending them in. Now on to the polls!

Week 5 CAG Poll & Rankings

Player (1st Place Votes) / Record / Previous Ranking

1. Arikado (4) (5-0) 1
  2. JoeB1223 (5) (4-0) 2
  3. maigoyume (1) (5-0) 4
  4. suko_32 (1) (4-0) 5
  5. evergoo (1) (4-1) 7
  6. zitanix (4-0) 6
  7. BlueLobstah (3-2) 9
  8. The Chop Suey (4-1) 11
  9. Daisydog (3-2) 10
  10. Mr. Beef ? NR
  11. Mad D (1-4) 8
  12. zerowing (2-1) 11
  13. dallow (3-2) 13
  14. Ingwe (3-2) 15
  15. dyeknom (2-3) 14

Others receiving votes:
Rig, hero101, eliter1, foltzie, AmigoOne, dastly75, Lurk, Gothic Walrus.

Dropped from rankings:
Fallmoon 3

Some interesting poll changes have occured due to Fallmoon dropping out. The top 3 spots are in a very close contest with Arikado, JoeB and maigoyume being very close in votes. Mad D finally drops 3 spots no longer holding the #8 title, and still remaining the highest ranked player with only 1 win. BlueLobstah and TheChopSuey both jump 2 spots with wins over difficult opponents. Ingwe jumps a spot still even while losing a very close game with BlueLobstah. Some difficult games are bound to take place this coming week, and maybe we'll see some upsets?

Schedule Strength

After deciding that strength of schedule will not effect the polls, here is the strength of schedule including all the games played up through week 5 currently. In the meantime, let me explain the format. Schedule strength is determined by the win/loss ratio of all of the opponents of the player not including any games with the player vs the opponent. A perfect schedule (all wins, no losses) will result in a score of one, while the opposite (all losses, no wins) will result in a score of zero.

Player / Score / (Win-Loss)

1. foltzie 0.6923 (18-8)
2. AmigoOne 0.6667 (22-11)
3. hero101 0.6667 (20-10)
4. JoeB1223 0.6452 (20-11)
5. zerowing 0.5758 (19-14)
6. dallow 0.5758 (19-14)
7. Mad D 0.5667 (17-13)
8. Ingwe 0.5625 (18-14)
9. yukine 0.5517 (16-13)
10. Arikado 0.5484 (17-14)
10. wjhard63 0.5484 (17-14)
10. suko_32 0.5484 (17-14)
13. evergoo 0.5357 (15-13)
13. dastly75 0.5357 (15-13)
15. zitanix 0.5294 (18-16)
16. The Chop Suey 0.5152 (17-16)
17. Lurk 0.5000 (15-15)
17. Gothic Walrus 0.5000 (15-15)
19. Foo228 0.4839 (15-16)
20. maigoyume 0.4667 (14-16)
21. ChibiJosh 0.4516 (14-17)
22. buttle 0.4483 (13-16)
23. eliter1 0.4286 (12-16)
24. TimPV3 0.4194 (13-18)
25. dyeknom 0.4000 (14-21)
26. Daisydog 0.3929 (11-17)
27. BlueLobstah 0.3750 (12-20)
28. JohnnyFoxDarko 0.3548 (11-20)
29. Mr. Beef 0.2813 (9-23)
30. Rig 0.2727 (9-24)

See you again next week for more exciting polls and results!

Thanks Blue for the update. I was kinda expecting it this morning. :p

I've updated the Smash Polls section in the OP but haven't placed rankings besides players yet. I'll do that after work since I'm running a bit late.

1. @ F.D. khaos (pit) d lurk (toon link) 2
2. @ F.D. khaos (pit) d lurk (falco) 1
3. @ F.D. khaos (meta knight) d lurk (falco) 3

im seriously not losing on purpose i just suck
might as well staple a loss for the next three weeks

foltzie and yukine: you both can beat me all day so the title of sandbag is mine

wheres my trophy!?

[quote name='Lurk']1. @ F.D. khaos (pit) d lurk (toon link) 2
2. @ F.D. khaos (pit) d lurk (falco) 1
3. @ F.D. khaos (meta knight) d lurk (falco) 3

im seriously not losing on purpose i just suck
might as well staple a loss for the next three weeks[/QUOTE]

You shall not steal the title of Sandbag from me!

Thanks for the matches KhaosX

@ Port Town Aero Dive, KhaosX (Pit) d. Foltzie (Snake), 2
@ WarioWare, Inc., KhaosX (Pit) d. Foltzie (Snake), 1
@ PictoChat, KhaosX (Meta Knight) d. Foltzie (Snake), 2

[quote name='maigoyume']I'd remove hanenbow, the stage is more dangerous than the opponent.[/QUOTE]

i liked hanenbow ;)

[quote name='maigoyume']I'd remove hanenbow, the stage is more dangerous than the opponent.[/QUOTE]

Not dangerous for R.O.B. ;) In fact, nothing is.

Definitely for Ike, though.

Although our rules are definitely looser than most official tourney rules, we only removed stages that were sidescrollers or could seriously kill you. Ice Climbers, Mario Bros., and Spear Pillar (reverse controls) are just some examples.

eliter 1 @ Daisydog

@ Smashville, Daisydog (Link) d. eliter1 (Toon Link), 2
@ Yoshi's Island, Daisydog (Link) d. eliter1 (Toon Link), 2
Winner: Daisydog

I had fun. Thanks for the games eliter 1, and I hope you do well in the rest of the tournament :)

Good games daisydog. I was stunned with your Link reach, I never played anyone that was actually good with Link. His reach was not letting my attacks hit you. We should have some other matches sometime so i can practice against a good Link player.

Mad D Thanks for the matches.

@ Port Town Aero Dive, Mad D (Meta Knight) d. Foltzie (Snake), 2
@ WarioWare, Inc., Mad D (Meta Knight) d. Foltzie (Snake), 3
@ PictoChat, Mad D (Samus) d. Foltzie (Snake), 2

Mad D continues to surprise me.

He does great sometimes and bad other times. It's hard for me to find the right ranking for him.

Maybe Mad D gets better if you put more emotions in his fighting. I suppose there would be lots of grunting associated with the gameplay.

How did Samus beat snake? I can't comprehend it happening.

Edit: Goo should look forward to week # 8.

[quote name='hero101']Maybe Mad D gets better if you put more emotions in his fighting. I suppose there would be lots of grunting associated with the gameplay.

How did Samus beat snake? I can't comprehend it happening.

Edit: Goo should look forward to week # 8.[/QUOTE]

One of two options. I suck, or he is better at ZSS than one thinks.

In this case he was actually Zero Suit Samus for the bulk of the fight, but started off as Samus and dropped the armor for some projectiles.

Also, I have yet to jettison the Classic Controller, which is doing me no favors it would seem.

Did I mention I suck? Plus I'm stubbornly working with just one character that appears to come with many many quirks.

bread's done
Back