1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']It's up to "Da Goo" if he wants to. Personally, I don't mind recording my horrendous loss, so whatever.[/quote]Fixed. ;)

[quote name='Arikado']Still no word from wjhard. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Arikado. Sent you a PM. Just to reiterate it though, I'm a few miles south of Cincinnati, OH and we got hit with 70+ mph winds yesterday afternoon from an off shoot pressure system of Ike. 650k+ homes were without power from 2 p.m. EST Sunday (mine included) and that number shrunk to about 550k without any power today. Luckily, my power coop just turned our power on, so if it sustains (and it should) we can play tonight or tomorrow night.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']So, since I'm out of the division championship, is there any real reason for me to bother playing this week (and making up last week)?[/QUOTE]

You should still play your games since it would not be fair to your opponents who are eager to play Smash competitively. Imagine how someone might feel if he/she wins games by forfeit when he/she would prefer to earn their win.

To Mr. Beef and Lucario: :rofl:
Blue is the man you wanna PM regarding video recording. I only have a camcorder. :lol:

wjhard63 was the home team.

@ Smashville, Arikado (Captain Falcon) d. wjhard63 (Marth), 3
@ Battlefield, Arikado (Captain Falcon) d. wjhard63 (Samus), 2

...and just for fun:
@ Yoshi's Island, Arikado (Ganondorf) d. wjhard63 (Samus), 2

Good games wjhard63, and thanks for sticking around for the games afterwards. Good luck the rest of the season!

[quote name='Arikado']wjhard63 was the home team.

@ Smashville, Arikado (Captain Falcon) d. wjhard63 (Marth), 3
@ Battlefield, Arikado (Captain Falcon) d. wjhard63 (Samus), 2

...and just for fun:
@ Yoshi's Island, Arikado (Ganondorf) d. wjhard63 (Samus), 2

Good games wjhard63, and thanks for sticking around for the games afterwards. Good luck the rest of the season![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the games, Arikado. You were one of the best I've played at Smash so far - good luck in the finals!

My desktop died. It might be a power supply issue. I'm working on restoring my laptop that also died like 6 month ago. I'm going to try to get them both repaired. Sorry ZNX, I was so emotional at that time, if I fought you during that time then I would definitely lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
TONIGHT! My time shall come! Maigo, do you have AIM/MSN by chance? If so, please PM it to me so we can make things easier in terms of contact. I should be ready around 7 PM (PST), so get your diapers ready so you can ruin them as I ruin you!

macho-man-randy-savage.JPG

OHHH YEEEEAH!!!

[quote name='hero101']My desktop died. It might be a power supply issue. I'm working on restoring my laptop that also died like 6 month ago. I'm going to try to get them both repaired. Sorry ZNX, I was so emotional at that time, if I fought you during that time then I would definitely lose.[/quote]

Think you can get it running tonight? Today is the last day we have to actually play, according to Evergoo.

Yep definitely tonight. I'm going to use phoenix down on my laptop and will be online hopefully. I d/led new drivers and stuff. MY desktop still in a coffin though. :roll: Check on the wii around 8pm - 9:10.

[quote name='dastly75']Hmm...my record says I'm 0-4 even though I've won 2 games out of the 6 official season games I've played so far...[/quote]

Yup. That's because 1) I erroneously removed a win from your record because I had assumed all wins/losses involving either TimPV3 or FallMoon were to be revoked and 2) the Smash Record up is only up-to-date through Week 5. So, come next update, things should be correct. Let me know if this is not the case! :)

Which brings me to my next point: I'm pretty busy this week, so I may not be able to bring the records up-to-date through week 6 until this Thursday evening, at the latest. I'm sorry if this inconveniences anyone, especially with regards to ballot casting.

:D

[quote name='JoeB1233']Yup. That's because 1) I erroneously removed a win from your record because I had assumed all wins/losses involving either TimPV3 or FallMoon were to be revoked [/quote]

I don't remember any specific mention of this. If this is the way it goes, it's a major shafting to the people who played by the rules.

Alright, I think hero and I may FINALLY get our match underway. If anyone wants to warm me up before then, I'm online.

Results: @Smashville, zitanix (DK) d. Hero (Falco), 2
@Final Destination, zitanix (DK) d. Heo (Pit), 1

I can definitely see how Evergoo has influenced your playstyle. =P I'd play more, but I've got some things to do. Sorry!

Dastly, sorry if I was at all confusing - your win against TimPV3 will be reflected in the Smash Records by the next update. My initial assumption (that it would be removed) was incorrect - no games that have been played will be removed from the record. :)

I almost had you in round 2, ZNX. I wished I didn't go down. Thankfully, I dodged enough of your DK attacks to knock 2 stocks from you.
Edit: GGs ZNX.

nice match daisydog. sorry about the beginning of the first match. i thought i had enough time to read your last PM. you're certainly one of the better fighters i've played in this tourney.

i was unable to get anything going the whole time.

thanks for the match

Daisydog @Buttle
@ Smashville, Daisydog (Link) d. Buttle (Ike), 2
@ Final Destination, Daisydog (Link) d. Buttle(Marth), 3
Winner: Daisydog

Thanks for the games Buttle :D
I had a feeling you were away at the start of that one. Thanks for restarting. You played well, but I made it a point to keep attacking to rack up damage in a hurry. I wasn't gonna take any chances. Thanks for the compliment (though I really don't think I'm that good) I hope we get to play again soon. Good luck with the rest of your matches.

86420 is the devil!

So the co-hosts have decided that tied Division Records will be ranked in this order:

1. Previous match between the two (e.g. Arikado d. The Chop Suey so Arikado holds tiebreaker over The Chop Suey).
2. Higher rank (e.g. Arikado will be #1 even if he loses to dallow b/c he's ranked higher than dallow & The Chop Suey).

I will reflect these decisions in the OP.

Even if players are knocked out of the Division Championships, they should still play their best in order to get into a good Bowl game OR live up to their bargain of the full season concept. Likewise, division clinchers should also still try their best since it will affect their ranking in the Smash Bowl Championship Tournament (that is if they make it that far).

Results for Maigoyume vs Mr. Beef

The Aura Wars

@ Yoshi's Story, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Mr. Beef (Lucario), 1
@ Smashville, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Mr. Beef (Lucario), 1

And for fun

@ FD, Maigoyume (Lucario) D. Mr. Beef (Lucario), 1

I have to give him props, hes the best Lucario I've played against to date. All the matches were quite close and one mistake could've knocked me out.

Good luck in the rest of the tourney

:cold: Feel the Aura :cold:

[quote name='maigoyume']And for fun

@ FD, Maigoyume (Lucario) D. Mr. Beef (Lucario), 1[/QUOTE]

Oooohhh...

That's the zinger, "And for fun."

Now I can submit my Smash Polls.

I hope Mr. Beef can adjust to the lag and improve his game b/c I'd like to see them re-meet. I'm also sure Mr. Beef can find a counterpick since he's good with many characters like suko.

Grats, maigo. Wouldn't have wanted to lose to any other Lucario.

Adjusting to the lag is my main concern. Other than that, it's all gravy. I have my ideas for counter-picks, so next time, I'll be ready. Where does this put me in the season?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Adjusting to the lag is my main concern. Other than that, it's all gravy. I have my ideas for counter-picks, so next time, I'll be ready. Where does this put me in the season?[/QUOTE]

It's all updated in the OP.

You must win your all your other division games (2) and pray dastly75 doesn't win against wjhard63. Otherwise, you're out of the Division Championship.

You will still participate in a Smash Bowl but rankings will determine how good of a Bowl you get into.

Don't forget, deadline for voting is tonight. As of this post, only 5 ballots have been sent in and I'll only feel comfortable releasing it with a few more.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Don't forget, deadline for voting is tonight. As of this post, only 5 ballots have been sent in and I'll only feel comfortable releasing it with a few more.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty much positive you'll get more Smash Polls votes now. ;)

[quote name='evergoo']Even if players are knocked out of the Division Championships, they should still play their best in order to get into a good Bowl game OR live up to their bargain of the full season concept. Likewise, division clinchers should also still try their best since it will affect their ranking in the Smash Bowl Championship Tournament (that is if they make it that far).[/QUOTE]

Bah, its fun to play spoiler.

Me and eliter1 just had our match:
-Foo228 (pika) d. eliter1 (toon link), 2
-Foo228 (lucas) d. eliter1 (toon link), 2
-eliter1 (ike) d. Foo228 (falcon), 3

Make my falcon seem puny...

edit: Why am I not in contention for the #2 birth? I'm 3-3 baby!

[quote name='Foo228']Me and eliter1 just had our match:

Make my falcon seem puny...[/quote]

Should have done better I blame the lag there was in the first 4 or 5 matches. Good games nevertheless. Sorry to anyone I didn't let in the room afterwards, I am at my parent's house and if I let anyone else in a match the lag is to much to have a match

[quote name='Foo228']Me and eliter1 just had our match:

Make my falcon seem puny...

edit: Why am I not in contention for the #2 birth? I'm 3-3 baby![/QUOTE]

You lost to dastly75 and he's 2-1 in his division whereas you're 1-2. Even if you win your division game, he owns the tiebreaker over you. dastly75 doesn't have the tiebreaker over wjhard63 nor Mr. Beef since they haven't played against one another yet.

You can still get ranked, though. Getting ranked will guarantee you a Bowl game.

I don't like the sound of that. So the only matches that count are division matches? And wouldn't rankings be bias...meaning how could they determine a real selective roster for the "bowl"? Especially if everyone didn't play everyone else...

btw, places were:
-mario kart circuit
-green hill zone
-final destination

[quote name='Foo228']I don't like the sound of that. So the only matches that count are division matches? And wouldn't rankings be bias...meaning how could they determine a real selective roster for the "bowl"? Especially if everyone didn't play everyone else...[/QUOTE]

I'll answer your questions here:

Q: So only the matches that count are division matches?

A: This was already mentioned in the Season Rules section 8 weeks ago. If you are able to conquer your division by being #1 or #2, you deserve to go to the Division Championship. Secondly, the other matches do matter since one's win/loss record against particular opponents would help one get ranked and into at least a bowl game.

Q: Isn't there bias in rankings?

A: Somewhat, but most of the people that are voting are the same individuals who have been playing Smash on CAG since the very first tournament. Many of us have played numerous opponents and have a good sense of how well players stack. Furthermore, everyone was given a chance to vote every week. That means that the Top 15 were chosen by the CAG consensus, which is a much better system than going off win/loss record due to Schedule of Strength. The co-hosts don't mind revisiting the Schedule of Strength formula in case we believe any deserving CAG doesn't make the final rankings.

Last but not least, everyone should feel fortunate that we even have a season running! In the first tourney, you're out if you lose one game. In the second, it was a double-elimination process. Now everyone is given at least 8 games to play. That is more than enough time to make yourself noticed in competitive play.

I'm extending the deadline for polls to tonight.

Unless at least 8 polls total are received (25% of the players) the polls will not be released this week! There are only 6 polls as of this morning.

Sorry about the delay, Blue! My ballot has been submitted.

Also, expect an updated Smash Records by this afternoon! I'll post a delinquency report as well once I figure out how Mr. Beef and KhaosX are working, exactly. I'll have to speak to Goo about this. :)

[quote name='evergoo']Last but not least, everyone should feel fortunate that we even have a season running! In the first tourney, you're out if you lose one game. In the second, it was a double-elimination process. Now everyone is given at least 8 games to play. That is more than enough time to make yourself noticed in competitive play.[/quote]

Yes, thank you evergoo for doing the bulk of the work to get this thing going! This is most definitely the most demanding CAG Smash event we've had yet!

I just wish I would've had time when this thing first started. Coming in not only late, but with nohing but losses kinda makes one think, you know?

dyeknom vs lurk

1. @ battlefield, dyeknom (g&w) d lurk (pikachu) 2
2. @ battlefield, dykenom (g&w) d lurk (toon link) 2

----

3. @ smashville, dykenom (ike) d lurk (pit) 2

ggs MnkyD
sorry for the lack of effort
online brawl has been ruined for me
atleast i didnt just drop out

Sorry about that Yukine. I've been playing Rock Band 2 for a couple days now, and I haven't practiced Brawl at all. I was horrible with Yoshi. :[

1. @ Battlefield, JohnnyFoxDarko (Yoshi) d. Yukine (Ike) 1
2. @ Final Destination, JohnnyFoxDarko (Diddy Kong) d. Yukine (Kirby) 1

Dastly75@Wjhard
@Smashville Dastly75 (G&W) d. Wjhard (Samus) 3
@Yoshi's Island Dastly75 (G&W) d. Wjhard (ZSS) 2
@Battlefield Dastly75 (Jigglypuff) d. Wjhard (ZSS) 2

GGs Wjhard, sucks that you kinda accidentally killed yourself once or twice.

Results for The Chop Suey @ Maigoyume

@ Battlefield, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. The Chop Suey (Snake), 2
@ Yoshi's Island, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. The Chop Suey (Snake), 2

And for fun

@ FD, Maigoyume (Lucas) d. The Chop Suey (Snake), 2
@ Battlefield, Maigoyume (Ike) d. The Chop Suey (Snake), 2

Would've liked to play a couple more matches but you left the game. In any case well played. I was kinda nervous when I saw your snake since a certain evergoo here plays a pretty mean one.

I can't believe I didn't see you plant that C4 on the edge though :cry: you definitely deserved that KO.

haha thanks maigo, i dont think i did well at all the lag totally messed up my game i was seriously pissed but it was definitely fun wish we could play in person

bread's done
Back