1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

[quote name='suko_32']Looks like the rematch with me and Joe is on :twisted:[/QUOTE]

It was all part of the plan. *cynical laugh*

Honestly speaking, though, that's what the Division Championships are there for. I implemented it into the season so that people may redeem/prove who's really the best in that division with a rematch.

No one has spoken up yet regarding Best-of-3 or Best-of-5 format for these matches. :nottalking:

[quote name='evergoo']It was all part of the plan. *cynical laugh*

Honestly speaking, though, that's what the Division Championships are there for. I implemented it into the season so that people may redeem/prove who's really the best in that division with a rematch.

No one has spoken up yet regarding Best-of-3 or Best-of-5 format for these matches. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

I'd say best of five, to reduce any chance of fluky wins.

Good job on the trophies Marc :applause:

By the way, Buttle and I had our match and posted about it on Tuesday:

[quote name='Daisydog']
Daisydog @Buttle
@ Smashville, Daisydog (Link) d. Buttle (Ike), 2
@ Final Destination, Daisydog (Link) d. Buttle(Marth), 3
Winner: Daisydog

Thanks for the games Buttle :D
I had a feeling you were away at the start of that one. Thanks for restarting. You played well, but I made it a point to keep attacking to rack up damage in a hurry. I wasn't gonna take any chances. Thanks for the compliment (though I really don't think I'm that good) I hope we get to play again soon. Good luck with the rest of your matches.

86420 is the devil!
[/quote]

Sorry about the recording issues Joe & zitanix. I was halfway distracted because someone came to my door while I was trying to start the recording.

I'll hopefully get the matches up by Monday or Tuesday.

Results, Results, Results!

1) @ Smashville Foo228 (G&W) d. Mr. Beef (Lucario), 1
2) @ FD Mr. Beef (DK) d. Foo228 (Zelda), 2
3) @ FD Mr. Beef (DK) d. Foo228 (G&W), 2

Those 2's were almost 1's...almost...and I almost had him in that zelda match (in the beginning) but his consistency is too good!

Great games hero! You played a lot smarter and better than usual. I might have been a lil' more difficult b/c I improved my grab game. Thanks for training with me afterwards.

evergoo @ hero101

@ Yoshi's Island: Snake (evergoo) d. Falco (hero101), 3
@ Pictochat: R.O.B. (evergoo) d. Pit (hero101), 1
@ Final Desitnation: R.O.B. (evergoo) d. Pikachu (hero101), 2

Even though I didn't achieve my goal, I still averaged 2 stocks. :p

Edit: Foo, Mr. Beef won CAG's very 1st tourney. That's pretty impressive of you beating him once. At the same time, he might still be adjusting to lag.

[quote name='evergoo']Great games hero! You played a lot smarter and better than usual. I might have been a lil' more difficult b/c I improved my grab game. Thanks for training with me afterwards.

evergoo @ hero101

@ Yoshi's Island: Snake (evergoo) d. Falco (hero101), 3
@ Pictochat: R.O.B. (evergoo) d. Pit (hero101), 1
@ Final Desitnation: R.O.B. (evergoo) d. Pikachu (hero101), 2

Even though I didn't achieve my goal, I still averaged 2 stocks. :p

Edit: Foo, Mr. Beef won CAG's very 1st tourney. That's pretty impressive of you beating him once. At the same time, he might still be adjusting to lag.[/QUOTE]

I really couldn't smash you with falco. Anyway I didn't warm before fighting you goo. Snake vs falco seems a little unfair on my side. Pit vs Rob was way too close, you didn't allow me to smash you foward A on the last stock. I need to train with foo's pikachu.

[quote name='hero101']I really couldn't smash you with falco. Anyway I didn't warm before fighting you goo. Snake vs falco seems a little unfair on my side. Pit vs Rob was way too close, you didn't allow me to smash you foward A on the last stock. I need to train with foo's pikachu.[/QUOTE]

You prolly should have warmed up. I always do before a real match.

Also, I don't like playing on Pictochat. It's like playing against my Snake b/c there are always dangerous things going on.

Edit: After infinity minus 1 attempts, we were finally able to connect.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evergoo']You prolly should have warmed up. I always do before a real match.

Also, I don't like playing on Pictochat. It's like playing against my Snake b/c there are always dangerous things going on.[/QUOTE]

Did you get to fight stell yet? I still think that he has a crab in his pants instead of a lobster.

Does having your only wavebird/cube controller break count as an out of control circumstance :lol: probably not? I might have to use my bye this week if my replacement controller doesn't ship out in time. I'd prefer to do my last match and bowl game with a controller I know how to use, that's all.

I got Rig as a witness if I need a ''doctors note" :lol: It broke during some matches with him. The receiver just dies out and it acts similar to when your batteries die and you're stuck going in one direction (can't be my batteries they are brand new). The C-stick has been acting up for weeks now, getting stuck in the up smash position and then not working at all.

If your really busy Ingwe and you want to get your match done with I could learn to use the classic controller some more.

Just your weekly friendly reminder.

Smash poll ballots for Week 7 are due on Wednesday, September 24th @ 11:59 PDT. Please be sure to cast your ballots on time this week. Thanks!

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Just your weekly friendly reminder.

Smash poll ballots for Week 7 are due on Wednesday, September 24th @ 11:59 PDT. Please be sure to cast your ballots on time this week. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Vote Foltzie for the Sandbag Bowl!

Mad D,

You're most likely gonna have to use your bye. If it takes more than a week to ship, you won't receive any forfeits. Just try to get your match done as soon as possible. Anyways, I hope you got your order placed.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Sorry about the recording issues Joe & zitanix. I was halfway distracted because someone came to my door while I was trying to start the recording.

I'll hopefully get the matches up by Monday or Tuesday.[/quote]

That's okay! Thanks for doing it - I look forward to seeing them! :)

[quote name='hero101']I need to train with foo's pikachu.[/quote]

I'll be on later tonight. (10ish est)

As for previews this week...you sorta forgot the big one, evergoo.

Arikado, aka the undefeated, vs. Foo228, aka the unranked, in what is sure to be an epic.

For the megabowl!

im not panicing or anything but .........

blue did ju get my pm?

and just to get off topic:

HEROES TONIGHT!!

[quote name='Lurk']
and just to get off topic:

HEROES TONIGHT!![/quote]

YES! :applause: I'm going to be updating Smash Records while watching this! It's, like, two amazing things combined into one!

And, yes, the updated Smash Records will be released later tonight!

Yes I did, sorry, I'm just extremely busy the beginning portion of the week. We'll play our match this week, I just need things to settle down first.

[quote name='JoeB1233']YES! :applause: I'm going to be updating Smash Records while watching this! It's, like, two amazing things combined into one!

And, yes, the updated Smash Records will be released later tonight![/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06TBhGrzyN4

@ Smashville, Rig (Kirby) d. buttle (Pit), 3
@ Final Destination, Rig (Kirby) d. buttle (Pikachu), 3
@ Corneria, Rig (Jigglypuff) d. buttle (Captain Falcon), 2

Haha! That's pretty funny, Blue! ;)

Well, here we go. I've got a lot of things to cover in this post, so let's get started:

Updated Smash Records (Week 7):
d2115eacbad6f581cf77e74786d44d3603bae2a.png

Legend: W=Wins; L=Losses; Win%=Win Percentage; RW=Rounds Won; RL=Rounds Lost; RW%=Round Win Percentage; STRK=Streak; GB=Games Behind*; KS=Kills Scored; KA=Kills Against; KDIFF=Kill Differential; Home%=Percentage of Home Games Won; Away%=Percentage of Away Games Won; Div%=Percentage of Division Games Won

*Games Behind Formula = (([Wins of Division First Place Competitor]-[Wins of Competitor in Question])+([Losses of Competitor in Question]-[Losses of Division First Place Competitor]))/2 -- See Wikipedia article for more information.

• Those of you who have clinched a division championship match berth: your names are colored orange.
  • For those of you who joined late in the season (Mr. Beef and KhaosX), the following stats are yours alone: Round Wins, Round Losses, Streak, Kills Scored, Kills Against, and Kill Differential.
  • To the same audience, the following stats are yours combined with the stats of he or she who you replaced (TimPV3 or FallMoon): Wins, Losses, Win Percentage, Home/Away Win %, Division Win %.
Delinquency Report

Yay! The return of the delinquency report! I'm going to change up the format a little bit (read: this is Goo's leftover copy pasta). Here are those matches that have gone unplayed as of yet:
  • buttle v. zerowing, Week 2
  • KhaosX v. buttle, Week 3
  • wjhard63 v. Mr. Beef, Week 3
  • dyeknom v. ChibiJosh, Week 6
  • Gothic Walrus v. BlueLobstah, Week 7
  • eliter1 v. KhaosX, Week 7
A small aside to evergoo, KhaosX, and buttle: Marc, in the Week 9 schedule you have it listed that KhaosX and foltzie have yet to play each other, but if you look at post #977, you'll see they posted results. However, a match I do not have is that of KhaosX and buttle. I searched the thread, but couldn't find anything in terms of results. Is that what you had meant to put? Could either KhaosX or buttle confirm this?

Competitors with the Top 10 Highest Kill Difference Average Per Game

Goo, I went ahead and made Excel compile this list for me, and here are the results. I omitted instances of forfeited games (where competitors received a win or loss, but experienced no change in kill differential), and took special care to ensure that Mr. Beef and KhaosX had correct values (based only on games they played). Here we go!

1. suko_32 (4.16667)
  2. Arikado (4.14286)
  3. maigoyume (3.71429)
  4. evergoo (3.57143)
  5. JoeB1233 (2.57143)
  6. zitanix (2.00000)
  7. Daisydog (1.71429)
  8. KhaosX (1.33333)
  9. Mr. Beef (1.00000) tie
  10. Rig (1.00000) tie
So, for those of you who are interested, these values would read as such: Per match, [competitor] increases his or her kill differential by an average of [value]. So, especially nice job to suko_32 and Arikado, who are killed around four times less than they kill per match. :applause:

Okay, well, that's it from me for now. Go out and get those Week 8 games done! :lol: :applause:

[quote name='Rig']@ Smashville, Rig (Kirby) d. buttle (Pit), 3
@ Final Destination, Rig (Kirby) d. buttle (Pikachu), 3
@ Corneria, Rig (Jigglypuff) d. buttle (Captain Falcon), 2[/quote]

Poor Pit. What did you do to Pit, Buttle? :roll:
Bad, bad buttle....

Maya in heroes is hot. She sure has nice assets. She is hotter than entire goo clan.

That blonde chick looks like veronica mars.

I haven't played Buttle yet. I figure we were suppost to play during bye week 9 or something. Regarding my week 7 match, im waiting for eliter1 to get a tv since he just moved into college.

[quote name='hero101']Poor Pit. What did you do to Pit, Buttle? :roll:
Bad, bad buttle....

Maya in heroes is hot. She sure has nice assets. She is hotter than entire goo clan.

That blonde chick looks like veronica mars.[/quote]

That blonde chick is Kristen Bell, and she was Veronica Mars.

..And she's waaaaaaaay hotter than Maya.

Nice job Joe! :applause:

Now here are my comments:

- I think you're right about KhaosX's games played. I made the corrections in the OP.

- There are some errors in your new Smash Records. Streak is not correct (e.g. suko's and mine's) and why is #4 Mad D below #5 foltzie? That's all I notice atm.

Edit: Hotter than Goo's clan?! I don't know...Joe has some pretty nice eyes. :lol:

[quote name='hero101']
Maya in heroes is hot. She sure has nice assets. She is hotter than entire goo clan.[/quote]

Wait - what? 'Goo clan'? As in Joe's Mad Goo? If so, that's a peculiar statement. Hell, if not, that's a peculiar statement.

[quote name='hero101']That blonde chick looks like veronica mars.[/quote]

Well, I don't detect any facetiousness, so I'm just going to say it: she is Veronica Mars. :D Actress Kristen Bell played Veronica Mars and is now playing Elle Bishop.

[quote name='zitanix']That blonde chick is Kristen Bell, and she was Veronica Mars.

..And she's waaaaaaaay hotter than Maya.[/quote]

I rather have them both. Why chose? :bomb:

[quote name='hero101']Poor Pit. What did you do to Pit, Buttle? :roll:
Bad, bad buttle....

That blonde chick looks like veronica mars.[/QUOTE]

it couldn't be that i wasn't doing it right. i'm going to just have to assume that that character is broken :cry:

[quote name='buttle']it couldn't be that i wasn't doing it right. i'm going to just have to assume that that character is broken :cry:[/quote]
Pit flies and pokes other characters around. I think you didn't pokes rig enough with your swords. At least, you should have flew around and scared him enough to do SD. Fly man.....fly...:roll: You should have shot him with pointy arrows as well.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Wait - what? 'Goo clan'? As in Joe's Mad Goo? If so, that's a peculiar statement. Hell, if not, that's a peculiar statement.[/quote]

Well it is your last name of your group. So you're the Goo Clan. Very very Gooweee.

Goo: suko's streak is at six because I chose not to include forfeits into streak. Also, errors may be due to the fact that I determine streak on order when games are reported, not by when they are scheduled to play. I chose to do this because byes would totally throw me out of whack. After Week 9 matches have been completed, I'll redo all streak statistics if you'd like me to do it by scheduled date.

As for your streak, that's my error. I'm certain you played your matches as scheduled, and only lost your first match. I'll be sure to update it. Thanks for catching that! ;)

EDIT: Regarding the supposed weird order between Mad D and foltzie: Goo, I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you should get your eyes checked, or just get some rest. :roll:
:lol: I fixed it. The image should have all the necessary corrections. Let me know if you catch anything else.

WTH?! LMAO.

Stay on topic folks! Go spread this discussion in the other Smash thread so that we can get one step closer to 1,000,000 posts.

Re: suko's streak: Ah...I see.

Edit: My eyes did not deceive me. There was a stealth edit, you non-ninja. I even have evidence in the OP under Smash Records. :nottalking:

[quote name='zitanix']Kristen Bell transcends thread topics.[/quote]
ZNX I agree with you. But I can't seem to watch season 3 of veronica mars. I'm scared man. :roll:

Edit: Correction: season #3

[quote name='hero101']ZNX I agree with you. But I can't seem to watch season of veronica mars. I'm scared man. :roll:[/quote]

Do it, she gets hotter with each passing year on that show. I remember watching that premier of season 1... and being like one of ten people who thought that show would rock, then it got cancelled (damn CW ratings). I'm glad to see more and more people enjoyed the show. ((I got my friends all hooked right after the season 2 dvd came out, gotta love the target 18.99 seasons of CW/Fox Shows)).

Guys, at least make connections between Kristen Bell and Smash!!!

For example, Kristen Bell (don't even know who she is) is SOOOOOO hot that she makes Mr. Game & Watch rings his bells!
:roll: I googled her. She doesn't even look all that hot.

Edit: I don't watch tv so I'm not 'hip' like you guys. BTW, I have a gf if that helps squash curiosities.
Edit2: Lurk, my gf is not even Asian!

Goo, I'm mad that you caught me, but happy that you complimented my eyes. Overall, I'm neutral, I suppose. :D

Also, regarding Heroes (Goo, I promise I'm done after this): HOLY CLIFFHANGER, BATMAN!!!

EDIT: Blue, a legend appears underneath the updates Smash Records for your convenience! You could thank me by - oh, I don't know - gifting me Megaman 9!

Ugh, I hate Kristen Bell. I find her really annoying, when they brought her onto the show I was pretty pissed. :lol:

fuck Veronica Mars, and no not literally.

[quote name='yukine']Ugh, I hate Kristen Bell. I find her really annoying, when they brought her onto the show I was pretty pissed. :lol:

fuck Veronica Mars, and no not literally.[/quote]

Bad Yukine...You don't like blondes... :roll: Oh well, more for hero. :lol:

[quote name='hero101']Bad Yukine...You don't like blondes... :roll: Oh well, more for hero. :lol:[/quote]

Well I like Hayden as an actress, it's just Kristen comes off as annoying to me.

So yeah, Smash is great.

Hey Poo-kine, you able to play our match tonight, say around 7 PM Pacific? I'd like to get this match over with as quick as possible this time around.

Heh, "Poo." I'm so witty!

bread's done
Back