1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

OP updated. Please read Smash Headlines for the latest scoop!

Edit: Pardon the advertising but if anyone is interested in 2000 Wii Points for $15, please PM me. If you buy more than one 2000 Points card, I will knock off a dollar for each additional. I have 3 available and wanted to offer it to you guys before I put it on the CAG Trading section, since you all are so good to me. :D

haha so i havent visited here in a while since my getting raped by kado.... whats going on guys? the final four seem to be about right all of em are great players...my hats off to kado though watch for his chain grab!!!!!!

haha gl guys

[quote name='evergoo']OP updated. Please read Smash Headlines for the latest scoop!

Edit: Pardon the advertising but if anyone is interested in 2000 Wii Points for $15, please PM me. If you buy more than one 2000 Points card, I will knock off a dollar for each additional. I have 3 available and wanted to offer it to you guys before I put it on the CAG Trading section, since you all are so good to me. :D[/QUOTE]

I think you should pay me $15 and give me the cards... :nottalking:

Ahem... Sorry for the delay in Maigoyume's videos but I've had a very busy weekend and start of the week so far (much more than expected) so I'm not sure when I'll have time to process and upload the videos. I'll get to them soon hopefully.

Results from Maigoyume @ Suko_32

5 stock matches

@ Lylat Cruise, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Suko_32 (ROB), 2
@ Final Destination, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Suko_32 (Falco), 2
@ Battlefield, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Suko_32 (Pit), 3
@ Final Destination, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Suko_32 (Zelda), 1
@ Pokemon Stadium (melee), Maigoyume (Pikachu) d. Suko_32 (Marth), 4

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Maigo will win. Suko fell asleep I think.

Edit #1: I think Frank's skill in tetris will reach godlike lvls while his brawling skills keep dropping like my mutual funds.

We have cooler stages than you guys. :cool:

@ Battlefield
@ Norfair
@ Brinstar
@ Corneria
@ Yoshi's Island (Melee)

Get your popcorn ready because we're the main event. ;)

I think Goo is going to win 2 games, lose 2 games and throw up on the 5th game. :lol:

Edit # 1: Hero is mostly right with his predictions. Vomit must have flowed out Marc's mouth and onto the his wii remote.

[quote name='hero101']I think Goo is going to win 2 games, lose 2 games and throw up on the 5th game. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol. I still haven't eaten dinner yet so that might be a possibility (or not :p).

Freakin' AWESOME games Arikado. I'm sure Daisydog enjoyed watching them.

Many of those matches were nail biters and we both had to be very careful on our approach. Spacing was vital in those final stocks.

We're not gonna post results, except Game 6, until Daisydog uploads them. But here are some clues to satiate your hunger:

Game 1 @ Battlefield: Lady luck.
Game 2 @ Norfair: Rape.
Game 3 @ Brinstar: God.
Game 4 @ Corneria: Cautious.
Game 5 @ Yoshi's Island (Melee): Chain.
Game 6 @ Delfino Island (Bananas): evergoo (Diddy) d. Arikado (Wario), 2

Bananas + More Bananas = Potassium Overdose. :D
The match was 9:43 to be exact and as many of you guys know, you can only gobble (Wario) and dodge so many bananas before you eat the slippery floor. It was a pretty casual and regular match so there's not much to say. Oh yeah, it wasn't recorded 'cuz Daisydog left.

Wow, Goo you showed kado your bananas. Too bad suko didn't get to see them. He must feel left out. :roll: Poor Suko.

Edit #1: I really want to see that lucky match. And that Chain grabbed must be observed by yours truly.

Videos are being uploaded right now.
[quote name='evergoo']

Game 1 @ Battlefield: Lady luck.
Game 2 @ Norfair: Rape.
Game 3 @ Brinstar: God.
Game 4 @ Corneria: Cautious.
Game 5 @ Yoshi's Island (Melee): Chain.
Game 6 @ Delfino Island (Bananas): evergoo (Diddy) d. Arikado (Wario), 2

Bananas + More Bananas = Potassium Overdose. :D
The match was 9:43 to be exact and as many of you guys know, you can only gobble (Wario) and dodge so many bananas before you eat the slippery floor. It was a pretty casual and regular match so there's not much to say. Oh yeah, it wasn't recorded 'cuz Daisydog left.[/quote]
Nobody told me there was a game six :bomb: I didn't even have it in my schedule of stages...

Ahem:
[quote name='evergoo']
Once again, here are all 5 stages:
Game 1: Battlefield
Game 2: Norfair
Game 3: Brinstar
Game 4: Corneria
Game 5: Yoshi's Island (Melee)
[/quote]
:nottalking:

[quote name='Daisydog']Nobody told me there was a game six :bomb: I didn't even have it in my schedule of stages...[/quote]

Marc is shy.

Game 1: That C4 kill on my last stock made my want to throw my controller across the room. :lol: Had it actually blown up whenever you triggered it instead of going off on the time limit, I probably would have been able to shield it.

Game 2: Heh... I picked Norfair for obvious reasons. G&W is too good with those platforms.

Game 3: That spongy crap on the left side may have saved you from eating a 9. :lol: It's ridiculous how fast a few explosions can wrack up damage. Snake's utilt is way too good.

Game 4: Killed myself getting that bucket, which I thought was going to put me out of the match. Managed to come back and hit you with said bucket, but you didn't die. So, a near-9 miss, a bucket that doesn't kill, and getting utilted again right as the key is about to land on your head... just not my night. :lol: In retrospect, I should have used Falco on Corneria, but the buckets were just too tempting. My mistake.

Game 5: Nice job coming back and making a match out of it. I thought I had a 3-stock in the works.

I thought you were going full ROB, which is why I picked G&W and two stages with platforms since ROB is so vulnerable from below, especially with G&W's fishbowl. It's been a while since I've played you, so I didn't know what to expect out of your Snake. I think things could have been different had I picked Falco on Corneria, or even on Battlefield, but eh, that's life. Good luck in the finals!

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for recording, Daisy!

Thanks for the uploads Daisydog. We aim'd each other for Game 6 b/c we totally forgot about it, too! :doh:

As Hero knows, I would have been more aggressive with Snake but following this approach would have me destroyed against a great G&W (Arikado) and MK (Dr. Mario Kart). G&W's bair + nair would've rocked me had it not been for those lifesaving grenades. I was also quite weary of uair b/c Snake has such a high recovery. That's why I abused airdodging and tried to avoid being directly above G&W.

Hero and I did some warmups before our real match and I thought that R.O.B. had the advantage over Snake on Norfair and YI. Too bad R.O.B. has a tough time against G&W. :whistle2:(

Overall though, I think Arikado would've beaten me had he chose Falco. He has better reflexes than me in Smash (FallMoon & DMK have the best). I was quite surprised to see him play G&W throughout our main set. Nevertheless, I knew he was gonna play one of his trios (Falco, G&W, MK).

[quote name='evergoo']Nevertheless, I knew he was gonna play one of his trios (Falco, G&W, MK).[/QUOTE]

MK? I don't use MK. :lol: I just use him occasionally for the hell of it. I use Wario and Falcon more than I use that broken little bastard. :lol:

Not being more aggressive is one thing, but you werent aggressive in many places you shouldve been. There were many situations where you two were standing next to each other (with his back to you!) for one reason or another (maybe he had rolled into you or something), and instead of having your way with him, you pull a grenade a roll away.

Definitely shouldve gone Falco. And turn the timer on.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Not being more aggressive is one thing, but you werent aggressive in many places you shouldve been. There were many situations where you two were standing next to each other (with his back to you!) for one reason or another (maybe he had rolled into you or something), and instead of having your way with him, you pull a grenade a roll away.

Definitely shouldve gone Falco. And turn the timer on.[/QUOTE]

Rolling into him with my back facing him is usually just a result of adjusting to the lag/delay. This was the first time I've played online in a while. There's no way in hell that I WANT to roll towards Snake.

And yeah, Falco would've definitely been the better choice against Snake (especially since I have experience playing d4ba's and Ice's often here in Dallas), but counterpicking isn't the same online since you have no idea who the other person is using until the round starts. Plus, stage selection worked differently than the usual strike/ban rule for this season/tournament, so counterpicking is completely different.

Damn Suko, we got to get you in shape for next time. Get into that pink jumpsuit and chase me around town while I ride my bike.

Nah, it wouldn't help. I couldn't adjust to the lag and got juggled into oblivion. Also couldn't play anything that resembles my normal playstyle. That said though, even if there was no lag I'd give Maigo a the edge in winning.

[quote name='hero101']Suko, What happened in the 3rd match?[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I kinda gave up near the end of the second match :cry:

Edit: Though I have no clue why Zelda did pretty well.
Edit2: Oh I know what happened, I got beat :p I think it was 3?

Zelda did well because my friend was doing commentary while I was playing and I couldn't stop laughing my head off

Thats the last time I have people over during a brawl match

Overall it could've gone either way, that lag was pretty atrocious.

Edit: oh yea thats right, I remember now

#4 vs #5. Hmm...

Did you two happen to get your match recorded and were you guys even aware of the 3-stock rules? :lol:

Regarding DMK's comments: It's very different watching vs playing a match. There were several mindgames going on that no one could really understand except the fighters. We both made mistakes but I think we did fairly well to do what was necessary to win. Also, playing online is a very different beast from playing locally. Lastly, time was not an issue in our match. It may seem long but all of the matches were 5 minutes or less.

Hmmm! so how do i go and join anything going on soon? And how do you guys deal with the laggy online play between different regions? Anyway I would like to join anything that come up soonest. I main marth and snake. Avaible anytime during during weekday after 5 pm pst except mon/tues. On weekend I can do any time before 3pm!
And I want to have more people to brawl with online so if you guys can please add me

[quote name='evergoo']#4 vs #5. Hmm...

Did you two happen to get your match recorded and were you guys even aware of the 3-stock rules? :lol:[/quote]Unfortunately our matches weren't recorded, it was too lag-tacular anyways.

That was my bad, I misread the rules :roll:

It looks like the third video isn't working. Nice videos blue anyways.

Edit #1: It looks it works now.

Nice games guys! You're both definitely deserving of a top spot, and it really came down to chance determining who won.

Now Marc, go get that Maigo guy. ;)

Also, why do these things always slow down in the final weeks?!

[quote name='JoeB1233']Nice games guys! You're both definitely deserving of a top spot, and it really came down to chance determining who won.

Also, why do these things always slow down in the final weeks?![/quote]

Wow Joe, you have been MIA for so long. What did you do beside picking up drinking?

[quote name='JoeB1233']Nice games guys! You're both definitely deserving of a top spot, and it really came down to chance determining who won.

Also, why do these things always slow down in the final weeks?![/QUOTE]

Less participation from viewers like you.
jk on the pbs plug but most people were here for the season and didnt last...thats my story

[quote name='Foo228']Less participation from viewers like you.
jk on the pbs plug but most people were here for the season and didnt last...thats my story
[/quote]

That's true. I'm guessing this is correct.

hero, I took a break from Smash - I thought you knew! Anyways, I'll probably jump back online soon. I miss the game!

I think I've added a good number of you all. I'm obviiously not in this tournament, but always interested in adding more smash friends. I play very frequently, almost every day. If you wanna add me and vice versa, PM me

[quote name='jamezuva']I think I've added a good number of you all. I'm obviiously not in this tournament, but always interested in adding more smash friends. I play very frequently, almost every day. If you wanna add me and vice versa, PM me[/QUOTE]

Play this guy. His name is JAMEZ and he's a weapons master. He enjoys being cheap, DVDs, and aspires to be Doogie Howser. ;)

[quote name='evergoo']Play this guy. His name is JAMEZ and he's a weapons master. He enjoys being cheap, DVDs, and aspires to be Doogie Howser. ;)[/quote]

Nina > Jamez oooooooooooooooooo :)

[quote name='jamezuva']Yes, I typically play with Nina...but she is in no way better than me.... :lol:[/quote]
We're see about that. We declare a pinky war.

bread's done
Back