1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

[quote name='evergoo']Play this guy. His name is JAMEZ and he's a weapons master. He enjoys being cheap, DVDs, and aspires to be Doogie Howser. ;)[/quote]

He's already Doogie Howser but with a way smaller body. :p

Third place match just took place.

@ Battlefield, Arikado (Mr. Game & Watch) d. suko_32 (Marth), 2
@ Smashville, Arikado (Mr. Game & Watch) d. suko_32 (ROB), 1
@ Battlefield, suko_32 (Metaknight) d. Arikado (Metaknight), 2
@ Norfair, Arikado (Mr. Game & Watch) d. suko_32 (Metaknight), 2

...and for fun:
@ Delfino Plaza, suko_32 (Captain Falcon) d. Arikado (Wario), 2 (yes, he beat my Wario with his Falcon, shut up)

Game 6 - Pokemans Battle:
@ Pokemon Stadium 2, suko_32 (Lucario) d. Arikado (Captain Falcon), 2

We decided to do a five stock Pokeballs set on high game six. There were at least twenty Gardevoirs thrown out, and two Kyogres. Plus, I seem to have a knack for running into fully charged Lucario aura spheres. :lol: Good games as always Suko.

P.S.: Joe's Mad Goo still sucks.

Yeah, definitely some good games. I just couldn't handle your new and improved G&W. I ate a lot of those oil panics. Congrats on getting 3rd!

P.S. Marth fails me yet again

[quote name='Arikado']

P.S.: Joe's Mad Goo still sucks.[/quote]

Rude! To punish you, I'm going to come to OH SNAP! and not tell you who I am if we ever meet. I'll just act as if I'm some random scrub from Kansas. :lol:

Mad D and I have really only been available on weekends but Daisydog cannot record on the weekends, so I think Mad D and I will just Brawl and skip the videos sadly. What do you think Mad D?

[quote name='zerowing']Mad D and I have really only been available on weekends but Daisydog cannot record on the weekends, so I think Mad D and I will just Brawl and skip the videos sadly. What do you think Mad D?[/QUOTE]

Would have been fun to get at least the item match recorded. This Sat I have birthday dinner to get to so we'll see how it goes (Thurs/Fri late night or Sunday), but yes I guess we'll have to skip the recording.

GGs maigo and thanks for recording Blue.

The results are in but we won't tell you who won. Make sure to check back within the next few days to see the videos of the championship matchup. Blue will upload them...one match per day...to make you all suffer! :rofl:

Edit: Blue won...at uploading the most videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spring Bowl: Zerowing (rank 11) vs Mad D (rank 12) all @ Smashville

(Mad D) Metaknight d (Zerowing) Wolf (1 stock left)

(Mad D) Metaknight d (Zerowing) Snake (1 stock left)

(Mad D) Metaknight d (Zerowing) ToonLink (3 stock left)

(Mad D) Zelda d (Zerowing) CaptFalcn (2 stock left)

(Zerowing) Ganon d (Mad D) Link (1 stock left, don't you know Ganon is suppose to lose against Link :lol:)

Spring Bowl Match
(Mad D) Kirby d (Zerowing) Fox (1 stock left)

I wish we could have recorded the last match it had me cracking up. Zero, tell me you were trying hard to get a spring sky kill too :lol: Good games Zero, I'm just glad we finally got this done with. I was scared to death the first two matches when it came down to one stock.

Spring Bowl: Zerowing (rank 11) vs Mad D (rank 12) all @ Smashville

(Mad D) Metaknight d (Zerowing) Wolf (1 stock left)

(Mad D) Metaknight d (Zerowing) Snake (1 stock left)

(Mad D) Metaknight d (Zerowing) ToonLink (3 stock left)

(Mad D) Zelda d (Zerowing) CaptFalcn (2 stock left)

(Zerowing) Ganon d (Mad D) Link (1 stock left, don't you know Ganon is suppose to lose against Link :lol:)

Spring Bowl Match
(Mad D) Kirby d (Zerowing) Fox (1 stock left)

I wish we could have recorded the last match it had me cracking up. Zero, tell me you were trying hard to get a spring sky kill too :lol: Good games Zero, I'm just glad we finally got this done with. I was scared to death the first two matches when it came down to one stock.

[quote name='evergoo']Edit: Blue won...at uploading the most videos.[/QUOTE]

Do I get a trophy? :applause:

Here's a sneak preview of the matches, match 6 w/ items on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aodRESNwvE&fmt=18

Unfortunately due to technical difficulties the themed item "bumpers" just refused to show up no matter what, so we had to resort to all items on. Additionally, the video quality seems lower than normal in this one but I'm not sure what happened. Oh well.

lol yeah the last match was great, I thought you had a sky KO a couple times and I tried to reflect springs but I guess my timing was off and only reflected one out of a million, I haven't Brawled in what seems like ages so I felt rusty going into this, and picking random characters after the first match didn't help matters. But I had fun so its cool.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Doesn't seem like there's much fanfare over the championship matches, so maybe we should just keep it a secret? :cool:[/QUOTE]

Lol. People are watching...they're just a bunch of lurkers though. ;)

[quote name='evergoo']Lol. People are watching...they're just a bunch of lurkers though. ;)[/quote]
Wow, a comeback victory. I was saying lose Marc. Darn, your parrying skills are so refined. :roll: It balances out with Maigo's evading skills and super patience.

W00t! JMG FTW! Nice job on being the Champion, Marc! Good games guys; you two seem pretty well-matched. The only problem I had with that last match - Maigo, with that Up-Tilt of Snake's, why did you try to come at him from above that first stock? Not criticizing, just commiserating with you.

You guys did quite well! :)

[quote name='JoeB1233']
W00t! JMG FTW! Nice job on being the Champion, Marc! Good games guys; you two seem pretty well-matched. The only problem I had with that last match - Maigo, with that Up-Tilt of Snake's, why did you try to come at him from above that first stock? Not criticizing, just commiserating with you.

You guys did quite well! :)
[/quote]Oh trust me Joe, the last thing I wanted to do was be above OR beside snake.

Every member of Joe Mad Goo has dominated in one tournament at least. Is the next one Mad D's turn be champion? We shall see.

Edit #1: I think anyone that practices with me in brawl gains levels and super human reflexes. Super eye twitching also included as bonus.

[quote name='yukine']I swear this tournament was rigged just to inflate
Marc's ego.
:nottalking:[/QUOTE]

As crazy as it sounds, I sorta concur.

Well, the first ever CAG Brawl tournament was kinda made for the same reason. >.>

But we all ended up having fun anyways! Right, Marc and Joe? ;)

It's a solid rule: whoever takes helm of organizing a Smash event here on CAG always wins. (And like Beef says, fun is had by the coordinator
BECAUSE he wins
)

Congratulations to evergoo for both a) running a HUGELY successful Smash event and b) absolutely DOMINATING.

First off, THANK YOU ALL for committing to the season. It's amazing how we gathered 30 CAGs and played over 100 scheduled games throughout the season. :applause:

Secondly, special thanks go to my co-hosts, Blue and Joe, for doing all the meticulous data collection. Your Smash Polls and Smash Records kept many of us eager for the latest results.

I would also like to give personal shoutouts to the following individuals for their contributions:
BlueLobstah & Daisydog - Thanks for recording the exhilarating matchups for all of us to watch.
foltzie & eliter1 - Thank you for donating prizes to our 2nd and 3rd place finishers.
hero_101 - My Smash training buddy. Without you, I honestly wouldn't have made it this far. You're ability to pickup my tactics constantly forced me to adopt and learn new strategies.
zitanix & maigoyume - Thanks for kicking my butt earlier during the season. Both of you gave me a reality check and motivated me to get dramatically better at Smash.
Arikado - Props for being one hell of a competitor. You were the only one I feared consistently throughout the season and tourney. I still think you're better than me, though.
Joe's Mad Goo!!! - Thanks for being Full of Win!

Like many other Smash CAGs, I am now semi-retiring from playing Smash. Competitive Smash has made me sick and tired of playing this game and I need a long vacation from it. Besides, I need to focus on my backlog of games and pursue a new interwebz career in singing karaoke. Get ready for weekly videos!

For PS3 owners:
If you have Rock Band, Buzz, or Civilization Revolution, hit me up so that we can get some online multiplayer fiestas going on!

His ego isnt so inflated that he isn't taking one of the prizes? Hear Hear!

Wait, he did mention the prizes didn't he?

Marc is a demon I tell you. He breathe fire from his mouth. Why else is he up @ 4:32 CST? I wouldn't look at his eyes since lasers come out. Bananas might come out his butt.
Marc, serious you're good.
But you
Spam a lot :roll:.
GRRRRRRR!
Hmmmm
When is the next tournament?

[quote name='evergoo']
Arikado - Props for being one hell of a competitor. You were the only one I feared consistently throughout the season and tourney. I still think you're better than me, though.
[/QUOTE]

You've improved quite a bit since the last time I played you. If I ever play online again anytime soon, we'll have to try my Falco vs. your Snake, although I'd much rather play you in person. Who knows, maybe I'll travel out to California some day.

Thanks to everyone involved in running the season. Lots of fun, and it was run pretty damn smoothly for the most part.

eliter1, I'll get with you soon enough about my prize. I haven't followed any VC or WiiWare releases like, at all, so I have no idea what I want with my 600 points. :lol:

Nicely done Marc :applause: Congrats.

I'm still in awe over how much work went into this tournament! Thank you to everyone involved :bow:

(...ok back to transferring stuff onto my new computer :bouncy:)

[quote name='maigoyume']Thanks again for organizing everything Marc.

Now, what to get with my 800 wii points :lol: any suggestions guys?[/quote]

How about Super Metroid? :cool:

[quote name='maigoyume']Thanks again for organizing everything Marc.

Now, what to get with my 800 wii points :lol: any suggestions guys?[/QUOTE]

Secret of Mana, d'oh!

[quote name='hero101']How about Super Metroid? :cool:[/quote]

Already own it ;)

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Secret of Mana, d'oh![/quote]

Was thinking that, any other suggestions?

[quote name='hero101']World of Goo[/quote]

Good choice, but that costs 1500 Wii points

[quote name='maigoyume']Was thinking that, any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

There is no other game currently on the Virtual Console that can satisfy the very longing in your soul if you do not already own Secret of Mana. It will change your life.

[quote name='Arikado']
eliter1, I'll get with you soon enough about my prize. I haven't followed any VC or WiiWare releases like, at all, so I have no idea what I want with my 600 points. :lol:[/quote]

No problem, take your time since you cannot change your mind once you get the game.

[quote name='maigoyume']I dunno man, SMRPG looks mighty tempting.

Edit: Fine you win blue. Secret of mana it is.[/QUOTE]

I was mostly just teasing, but I actually do prefer Secret of Mana over SMRPG. I do think its the better game, but that's just my opinion.

bread's done
Back