1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

[quote name='KhaosX']@ Corneria, KhaosX(Pit) d. eliter1(Toon link), 2
@ Smashville, KhaosX(Pit) d. eliter1 (Toon link), 1[/QUOTE]

Congrats on clinching a berth in the Nintendog Division Championship. :applause:

I'm placing you at #2 in your division right now b/c I'm pretty sure you won't be ranked higher than Daisydog by the end of Week 8. Neither of you own a tiebreaker over the other b/c both of you never played one another.

[quote name='evergoo']Congrats on clinching a berth in the Nintendog Division Championship. :applause:

I'm placing you at #2 in your division right now b/c I'm pretty sure you won't be ranked higher than Daisydog by the end of Week 8. Neither of you own a tiebreaker over the other b/c both of you never played one another.[/quote]

Thats fine. She just creamed me in an unofficial match anyways :cry:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Hey Poo-kine, you able to play our match tonight, say around 7 PM Pacific? I'd like to get this match over with as quick as possible this time around.

Heh, "Poo." I'm so witty![/quote]

Sure, Mr. Queef.

But how about at 8:00 PM? I'll host, I believe I'm home so I'll pick Smashville, Battlefield, Smashville.

Edit: Well it's going to have to wait until tomorrow. You probably didn't see my message before you signed off. How about Weds at 5:00 PM Pacific?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueLobstah']Working on the video Joe/Zitanix, except its 12 minutes long.

Anyone know of a decent site other than Youtube that allows 10+ minute videos?[/quote]
Veoh? I believe they allow 20 minute videos.

Although I think it takes a little while for it to encode.

I'm trying to consolidate the number of videos I put on youtube. If its under 10 minutes, I'm fine but it's a little more of a hassle to split the videos up. Anyway, here's zitanix vs. JoeB1233's matches. Enjoy!

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1603843079fDQ9Ha

On another note.

Please send in your ballots by tonight
slackers
. I only have 4 ballots at this point. Remember, these last few weeks are crucial as ranked players receive bowl bids.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']
slackers
. I only have 4 ballots at this point. Remember, these last few weeks are crucial as ranked players receive bowl bids.
[/QUOTE]

Vote Foltzie for the Sandbag Bowl!

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I'm trying to consolidate the number of videos I put on youtube. If its under 10 minutes, I'm fine but it's a little more of a hassle to split the videos up. Anyway, here's zitanix vs. JoeB1233's matches. Enjoy!

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1603843079fDQ9Ha

On another note.

slackers
[/quote]

Thanks again for recording those matches, Blue. It took us, what, 3 weeks to schedule it? :)

As I said before, good games Joe. If I knew you were going to switch after the first match, I would've stayed Metaknight. When I saw it was DK vs Dedede, I knew I lost. :razz:

[quote name='maigoyume']Hey dallow, your pm box is full.

We won't be able to have our match if you don't empty it :bomb:[/quote]
:oops:
Space is made!

Mr. "Queef?" Psh, how original.
Dammit! Why didn't I think of that!?

In either case, are you free this Friday/Saturday? Those are my days off from work, and therefore my best chances of playing you, Yukine. PM me yo' AIM/MSN too, so we can hammer this shit out.

EDIT: Once this season is over, how are the chances of a teams season looking? After playing only like what, 2 games online, I think my passion for this whole thing may be coming back. Suko? Arikado? Would you guys be up for reuniting one more time?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Once this season is over, how are the chances of a teams season looking? After playing only like what, 2 games online, I think my passion for this whole thing may be coming back. Suko? Arikado? Would you guys be up for reuniting one more time?[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Teams will never happen again in competitive online play. It is ridiculous how much work needs to be done to gather 4 folks who have different time zones, different schedules, and different connection speeds. The championship match wasn't even really one since we had to do 1-on-1's to see who's team was better (Joe vs. FallMoon) and (evergoo vs. Rig). The first and only team match for the finals lasted over 10 minutes (if I recall) due to ridiculous lag.

Perhaps we can do 1-on-1 clan battles but definitely not team battles.

[quote name='evergoo']:rofl:

Teams will never happen again in competitive online play. It is ridiculous how much work needs to be done to gather 4 folks who have different time zones, different schedules, and different connection speeds. The championship match wasn't even really one since we had to do 1-on-1's to see who's team was better (Joe vs. FallMoon) and (evergoo vs. Rig). The first and only team match for the finals lasted over 10 minutes (if I recall) due to ridiculous lag.

Perhaps we can do 1-on-1 clan battles but definitely not team battles.[/QUOTE]

cuuuhlan battles!

Crew battles would be pretty sweet. I like how each Smash event changes format, and crew battles would be a novel and exciting way to go about the next event.

I voted, blue.
When do you want to fight, zerowing?

Edit: Nice matches, Joe & ZNX. You actually won one ZNX good going.

[quote name='dyeknom']I voted too. Yukine is my #1.[/quote]
Why did you put yukine on the shitlist? :bomb:

Does this mean that someone is also going to vote Lurk to #1?

[quote name='hero101']Why did you put yukine on the shitlist? :bomb:

Does this mean that someone is also going to vote Lurk to #1?[/QUOTE]

glad to see you remembered me hero

[quote name='JoeB1233']Crew battles would be pretty sweet. I like how each Smash event changes format, and crew battles would be a novel and exciting way to go about the next event.[/quote]
I'm liking the crew battle idea. A lot.

[quote name='yukine']Who's crew am I on? :cool:

And yeah Friday works, Beef. Just pick a time, anytime in the afternoon/night is best.[/quote]
Friday afternoon is good. I have things to do in the morning, but I'll be free around the afternoon, say around 4 PM Pacific?

@Hanenbow, BlueLobstah (T.Link) d. Lurk (T.Link), 1
@Corneria, BlueLobstah (Olimar) d. Lurk (Fox), 2
@Smashville, BlueLobstah (Olimar) d. Lurk (Fox), 2

Good games Lurk. That Hanenbow was... interesting.

Over an hour passed the scheduled play time and still no Foo. Come on man, where the fuck are you? :roll:

EDIT: Guess we're rescheduling.

@ Battlefield, The Chop Suey (snake) d. wjhard63 (samus), 3
@ Smashville, The Chop Suey (snake) d. wjhard63 (zamus), 3
@ FD, The Chop Suey (marth) d. wjhard63 (zamus), 1

gg and after when rig joined too haha,

p.s metaknight= god tier

[quote name='The Chop Suey']@ Battlefield, The Chop Suey (snake) d. wjhard63 (samus), 3
@ Smashville, The Chop Suey (snake) d. wjhard63 (zamus), 3
@ FD, The Chop Suey (marth) d. wjhard63 (zamus), 1

gg and after when rig joined too haha,

p.s metaknight= god tier[/QUOTE]

Good games, Chop. What happened that first game - did you disconnect?

Just to keep you updated Marc, I don't know when my match will happen :lol:
Dyeknom couldn't make it on Wednesday. He didn't reply to me at all today, and he's previously said that he couldn't play on Friday...

So I'm hoping he'll at least contact me tomorrow and we can plan something for Saturday.

[quote name='Daisydog']Just to keep you updated Marc, I don't know when my match will happen :lol:
Dyeknom couldn't make it on Wednesday. He didn't reply to me at all today, and he's previously said that he couldn't play on Friday...

So I'm hoping he'll at least contact me tomorrow and we can plan something for Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Got your message, Janet.

Just a self-reminder but I have updated the Cross-Division records up to this point.

It's Thursday Friday and time for the Smash Polls & Schedule Strengths to be released! 12 votes have been received (again), so thanks to Arikado, BlueLobstah, Daisydog, dyeknom, evergoo, hero101, Lurk, Mad D, maigoyume, Rig, suko_32 and zitanix for your ballots. Now for the polls!

Note: Yukine received two first place votes from voters for week 7. After discussing it with both evergoo and Joe, and we have decided its not really fair to the other players for this to happen so those votes have been omitted from the actual rankings. Sorry for the delay!

In other news, evergoo has proposed that next week (seperate from the smash polls) we have a top 3 list of the sandbag players in the league. The two players with the most votes get to go to the sandbag bowl. Let us know what you think!

Week 7 CAG Poll & Rankings

Player (1st Place Votes) / Record / Previous Ranking

1. Arikado (7) (7-0) 1
  2. maigoyume (7-0) 5
  3. JoeB1223 (2) (6-1) 3
  4. suko_32 (3) (7-0) 2
  5. evergoo (6-1) 4
  6. zitanix (6-1) 6
  7. BlueLobstah (4-2) 7
  8. Daisydog (5-2) 7
  9. The Chop Suey (5-2) 9
  10. Mr. Beef (2-4) 10
  11. Mad D (3-4) 11
  12. zerowing (3-3) 12
  13. dyeknom (3-3) 14
  14. dallow (4-3) 13
  15. Ingwe (3-4) 15

Other(s) receiving votes:
hero101, Rig, dastly75, yukine (2), KhaosX, AmigoOne.

Dropped from rankings:
Your mom.

Some interesting changes to note this week. maigoyume has leapfrogged over several other players from being ranked 5th to 2nd, without even receiving any first place votes! Unfortunately, suko_32 wasn't so lucky as he dropped 2 spots to 4th place. 11 is the new #8 as Mad D holds strong at his new position. The rest of the rankings remain relatively the same with most of the players holding their previous spots, while others shift places one or two spots. As mentioned above, Yukine did receive 2 first place votes, but were omitted in the actual results to be fair.

Schedule Strength

Schedule strength is determined by the win/loss ratio of all of the opponents of the player not including any games with the player vs the opponent. A perfect schedule (all wins, no losses) will result in a score of one, while the opposite (all losses, no wins) will result in a score of zero. The following schedule strength should be up to date through all games played through week 7.

Player / Score / (Win-Loss)

1. foltzie 0.6809 (32-15)
2. AmigoOne 0.6458 (31-17)
3. JoeB1223 0.6383 (30-17)
4. hero101 0.6042 (29-19)
4. dallow 0.6042 (29-19)
6. yukine 0.5833 (28-20)
7. dastly75 0.5745 (27-20)
8. Gothic Walrus 0.5556 (25-20)
9. The Chop Suey 0.5532 (26-21)
9. zerowing 0.5532 (26-21)
11. wjhard63 0.5319 (25-22)
12. Lurk 0.5116 (22-21)
13. Mad D 0.5106 (24-23)
13. suko_32 0.5106 (24-23)
15. Ingwe 0.5000 (23-23)
15. evergoo 0.5000 (23-23)
15. Arikado 0.5000 (23-23)
18. zitanix 0.4894 (23-24)
19. ChibiJosh 0.4889 (22-23)
20. Mr. Beef 0.4681 (22-25)
21. eliter1 0.4545 (20-24)
22. Foo228 0.4468 (21-26)
22. maigoyume 0.4468 (21-26)
24. dyeknom 0.4255 (20-27)
25. Daisydog 0.4186 (18-25)
26. JohnnyFoxDarko 0.4130 (19-27)
26. buttle 0.4130 (19-27)
28. BlueLobstah 0.4000 (18-27)
29. KhaosX 0.2667 (12-33)
30. Rig 0.2558 (11-32)

See you again next week for more exciting polls and results!

[quote name='wjhard63']Good games, Chop. What happened that first game - did you disconnect?[/quote]

yea it was one of those error code sorry i was like playing and then hit a past the msg but something popped up

Note: Yukine received two first place votes from voters for week 7. After discussing it with both evergoo and Joe, and we have decided its not really fair to the other players for this to happen so those votes have been omitted from the actual rankings. Sorry for the delay!

:lol:

The man is keeping me down.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']@Hanenbow, BlueLobstah (T.Link) d. Lurk (T.Link), 1
@Corneria, BlueLobstah (Olimar) d. Lurk (Fox), 2
@Smashville, BlueLobstah (Olimar) d. Lurk (Fox), 2

Good games Lurk. That Hanenbow was... interesting.[/QUOTE]

I love Hanenbow lol
ask Mai :)

[quote name='Foo228']Very sorry Arikado, if you want a forfeit win then its yours. If you still are available I can do about anytime post 9est[/QUOTE]

I won't be home tonight. I may be available tomorrow afternoon and Sunday evening, but no promises. If need be, we may have to play our match early next week.

bread's done
Back