1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

[quote name='evergoo']Mr. Beef or yukine, please post results for the match.

I know yukine lost because he doesn't want to jeopardize his chances for the Sandbag Bowl. ;)[/quote]

:roll: Why can't I join the sandbag tournament?

Looking through the schedules, here are the games that I am missing:

Foo228 @ Arikado (Week 8)
foltzie @ zitanix (Week 8)
Mad D @ Ingwe (Week 8)
Gothic Walrus @ KhaosX (Week 8)
Gothic Walrus @ BlueLobstah (Week 7)
dyeknom @ ChibiJosh (Week 6)
Mr. Beef @ wjhard63 (Week 3)
buttle @ zerowing (Week 2)

These are games that I either do not have the results for, or are due for play in Week 9. If any of the above have been played, please let me know what the outcome of the game was otherwise I'll look forward to seeing the results of the Week 9 match!

[quote name='hero101']:roll: Why can't I join the sandbag tournament?[/QUOTE]

You can, you'll just have to vote for yourself in the post-season poll. Personally, my vote will go for foltzie, since his schedule has proven to be the toughest schedule on CAG. Also, for the post season polls, I am going to be releasing ALL my data so players can view past polls, schedules, and everything in a semi-easy-to-use format, so look forward to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hero101']:roll: Why can't I join the sandbag tournament?[/quote]

Because you won games...you're too good for the sandbag tournament but not good enough to be ranked(yet)...welcome to the niche that sees no bowl

My game vs. wjhard is a bye week match. It ain't getting done tonight, though...
mainly since I wanna know if Sylar is a Petrelli! :hot:

As for my game with Yukine, he lost, and here's the results posting.

Mr. Beef @ Yukine
Game 1: Lucario (Beef) defeats Ike (Yukine) 2 lives left.
Game 2: DK (Beef) defeats Luigi Yukine) 3 stock.

[quote name='hero101']:roll: Why can't I join the sandbag tournament?[/quote]

[quote name='dastly75']Because you won games...you're too good for the sandbag tournament but not good enough to be ranked(yet)...welcome to the niche that sees no bowl[/quote]

Let me get a piece of that unranked-no-bowl pie!

I think that the sandbag bowl should be recorded. I think it will be the most amusing and funny thing in this tournament. :cool:

Edit: So Fullmoon's ZSS is undefeated in this tournament?

[quote name='evergoo']is there any way we can bribe you and Daisydog (I believe she can record) to record these matches?
[/quote]
Oh, yeah I can record them onto tape easily (I press the REC button and it happens like magic :lol:), but it's up to my brother to "feel like" transferring it to the computer so I can put them on youtube.

Although he's been pretty nice about it in the past. I'll ask him and see what he says.
-
edit:
OK, he guesses he can do it :applause:

When I save matches on the SD card. It says P1, P2, P3, P4. I'm not fully convince that this was in fact hero played if my name disappeared. :roll:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']My game vs. wjhard is a bye week match. It ain't getting done tonight, though...
mainly since I wanna know if Sylar is a Petrelli! :hot:

As for my game with Yukine, he lost, and here's the results posting.

Mr. Beef @ Yukine
Game 1: Lucario (Beef) defeats Ike (Yukine) 2 lives left.
Game 2: DK (Beef) defeats Luigi Yukine) 3 stock.[/QUOTE]

i bet he is Beef, i bet he is....

[quote name='foltzie']Its a race to the BOTTOM![/QUOTE]

im already there chief cept dumb yukine is blocking my way

vote Lurk for sandbag
vote Obama in Nov.

or ill kill you....

[quote name='BlueLobstah']
Week 8 smash ballots are due on Wednesday, October 1st @ 11:59 PDT. This is the next to last week to vote, and next week's vote will be very important due to bowl placement, so don't forget![/QUOTE]I think these should be held off until all the bye matches are completed and everything get pushed back a week so that people with midterms like Gothic Walrus and myself don't have to worry about having to play a videogame while trying to complete papers.

Still haven't heard from Ingwe, but I'm guessing from my earlier post I used my bye.

[quote name='Mad D']I think these should be held off until all the bye matches are completed and everything get pushed back a week so that people with midterms like Gothic Walrus and myself don't have to worry about having to play a videogame while trying to complete papers.

Still haven't heard from Ingwe, but I'm guessing from my earlier post I used my bye.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Week 8 Smash Polls will differentiate much from Week 9's. Also, there is a likelihood that we might start issuing a lot of forfeits after this week's deadline because the season must move on!

[quote name='yukine']My vote goes to Chicken.[/QUOTE]

1218883554368.jpg

Sandbag bowl secured! Thanks for the leeway Z, Goo, Joe, and BL.

@ Halberd, Zitanix (Ike) d. Foltzie (Snake), 3
@ Luigi's Mansion, Zitanix (Bowser) d. Foltzie (Snake), 2
@ Pictochat, Zitanix (Captain Falcon) d. Foltzie (Snake), 3

EDIT: Fixed the first match to the correct pummeller.

First match I played Ike. Also, I was home.

Good luck in the sandbag bowl, foltzie!

...What is the sandbag bowl?

[quote name='zitanix']Good luck in the sandbag bowl, foltzie!

...What is the sandbag bowl?[/QUOTE]

I guess you haven't been around. Read the Smash Headlines and particularly my list for Top Contenders for the Sandbag Bowl, then you will surely understand the value of this bowl. ;)

Okay, the sandbag bowl I get, but now item bowls? You can't just make up rules without consulting us!

...Whatever, I call dibs on the bumper bowl!

[quote name='zitanix']Okay, the sandbag bowl I get, but now item bowls? You can't just make up rules without consulting us!

...Whatever, I call dibs on the bumper bowl![/QUOTE]

The co-hosts consulted with one another and we all loved this idea.

Too bad so sad. :lol:..............................:p

Seriously, though, we really liked themed Smash Bowls. Besides, only one of the games is for kicks. The rest is for the m4tur3z.

[quote name='yukine']I should make my avatar the sandbag, I'm 0-8 with a 27 kill difference. :lol:

Am I allowed to play in the next tournament?[/QUOTE]

None of us with a 1-7 or 0-8 should be allowed in the next tourney. Unless for some reason the field is upped, which may be insane.

That being said if anyone ever does an items allowed tourney I may do better.

[quote name='foltzie']None of us with a 1-7 or 0-8 should be allowed in the next tourney. Unless for some reason the field is upped, which may be insane.[/quote]

I disagree.

Good players need punching bags. Besides, we need to build up our confidence. ;)

I was home team.

@ Smashville, Arikado (Falco) d. Foo228 (Pikachu), 2
@ Battlefield, Arikado (Mr. Game & Watch) d. Foo228 (Marth), 2

...and the Falcon-off
@ Final Destination, Arikado (Captain Falcon) d. Foo228 (Captain Falcon), 3

Good games Foo. Glad we finally got our match done. Thanks for sticking around for the games after the set, but come on, Hanenbow and Spear Pillar? :lol:

[quote name='Arikado']I was home team.

@ Smashville, Arikado (Falco) d. Foo228 (Pikachu), 2
@ Battlefield, Arikado (Mr. Game & Watch) d. Foo228 (Marth), 2

...and the Falcon-off
@ Final Destination, Arikado (Captain Falcon) d. Foo228 (Captain Falcon), 3

Good games Foo. Glad we finally got our match done. Thanks for sticking around for the games after the set, but come on, Hanenbow and Spear Pillar? :lol:[/quote]

Hanenbow was random, Spear Pillar is a personal favorite though.

You and your grab combos...

Week 6

@Battlefield: Dyeknom (G&W) d. ChibiJosh (Lucas) 2
@Final Destination: Dyeknom (G&W) d. ChibiJosh (Lucas) 3

Though, I'm pretty sure you fell back asleep, since I woke you up >

[quote name='evergoo']I disagree.

Good players need punching bags. Besides, we need to build up our confidence. ;)[/QUOTE]

Fair point, but there are lots of potential sandbags out there just waiting to be pummeled.

Since only 5 games are left to be played, I've decided to make this poll the post-season poll. Once all games are completed or the deadline is reached (whichever comes first) polls will be open for the 2 days following ending at 11:59 PDT. Please have players in mind for which you want to vote for. I will post my usual bright yellow notice here once the games are completed or the deadline is reached.

This last poll is very important, if not the most important poll in the season as it determines smash bowls for ranked players! I will be releasing all previous poll data and records for everyone to view in order to provide as much information needed for voters to cast their ballots.

For those of you who may have already sent me your poll, if I do not receive a new poll from you I will use that poll assuming you left it unchanged after the last bye games are played.

With this last poll, send in your Sandbag votes as well! The Sandbag Bowl is for two very special unranked players to play in the end of the season. Just list your top 3 candidates for the Sandbag Bowl, and the two with the most votes get to go head-to-head in this very special bowl!

So for the sandbag bowl, is the most crappy player starting with #1 or #3? I'm not sure as of this point. I might vote the wrong person to the bowl.

[quote name='hero101']So for the sandbag bowl, is the most crappy player starting with #1 or #3? I'm not sure as of this point. I might vote the wrong person to the bowl.[/QUOTE]

Think about it hero. :roll:

Vote for who you would most like to see in the Sandbag Bowl.

[quote name='evergoo']Think about it hero. :roll:

Vote for who you would most like to see in the Sandbag Bowl.[/quote]

I don't know goo. In order for me to see it, then it must be recorded dude. :cool: I still think sandbag #1 - #3 should fight each other using their worst characters for our amusement.

[quote name='yukine']Will a video recording be made for the Sandbag Bowl? :cool:[/QUOTE]

It can be done if the people request it and with enough incentive. I accept cookies and firstborn children.

Week 3 Make-up Game Against Mr. Beef (f.k.a. TimPV3)

@Smashville: Mr. Beef (Lucario) d. wjhard63 (ZSS) 2
@Battlefield: Mr. Beef (Donkey Kong) d. wjhard63 (ZSS) 2
@Smashville: Mr. Beef (Donkey Kong) d. wjhard63 (Samus) 2

Good games, Mr. Beef. I had a lot of SD's tonight! Thanks for sticking around to play a few extra games. I hope the loss tonight secures me with many votes for the Sandbag bowl - I really want to be a part of it!

Gothic, how's school coming around?

We don't want you to have to forfeit the matches, but we also don't want to fail your classes. School > Brawl. Just want to see if there's any update on availability.

Good games, wjhard. I was worried game 1 because of the lag, but then I got the hang of it. I wanted to blast you with PK Flash so badly in our later games, but I just couldn't get it.

Don't want to let this thread get lost in all of the recent news.

Based on my records, these are the following games left to be played:

Mad D @ Ingwe (Week 8)
Gothic Walrus @ KhaosX (Week 8)
Gothic Walrus @ BlueLobstah (Week 7)
buttle @ zerowing (Week 2)

If I'm missing any games, please let me know. Otherwise are there any updates on the status of these games being played?

Game 1 @Smashville: zerowing (Wolf) d. buttle (Kirby) 2
Game 2 @Battlefield: zerowing (Wolf) d. buttle (Peach) 1
Game 3 @Smashville: buttle (Peach) d. zerowing (Snake) 1

My tv randomly turned off on the last stock of game 3 and by the time I got it back on I was dead, but whatever, good games.

[quote name='zerowing']Game 1 @Smashville: zerowing (Wolf) d. buttle (Kirby) 2
Game 2 @Battlefield: zerowing (Wolf) d. buttle (Peach) 1
Game 3 @Smashville: buttle (Peach) d. zerowing (Snake) 1

My tv randomly turned off on the last stock of game 3 and by the time I got it back on I was dead, but whatever, good games.[/QUOTE]

i was wondering what happened there. for a second i thought you were taunting me hanging from the edge.

bread's done
Back