1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

[quote name='foltzie']Sounds difficult, so its a race to see who SDs first?[/quote]
Sure. But we don't want to see that... You ruin your chances of being on youtube....

dyeknom and I just completed our match, no video unfortunately.

@ Smashville: dyeknom (Mr. Game & Watch), d. BlueLobstah (Toon Link), 2
@ Battlefield: BlueLobstah (Olimar), d. dyeknom (Bowser), 1
@ Smashville: dyeknom (Mr. Game & Watch), d. BlueLobstah (Olimar), 2
@ Yoshi's Island (Wii): BlueLobstah (Olimar), d. dyeknom (Olimar), 2
@ Flat Zone 2: BlueLobstah (Toon Link), d. dyeknom (Mr. Game & Watch), 2

In all honesty, the matches were very close and I think could have gone either way. I was expecting dyeknom to take the first 3 after the first game, but somehow I was able to come back in game 2 & 3. Thanks for the matches dyeknom.

What a close game you guys had! You guys went the distance!

I'm a bit surprised, though, at the selection of Flat Zone 2. That stage is dangerous!

[quote name='evergoo']I would like to give a round of applause to both my co-hosts Blue and Joe. :applause: Without them, this season concept would be impossible to do. Lots of PMs were sent and we often bounced ideas back and forth, which helped make decision-making easier.

All in all, the level of detail we each put into this tournament is mind blowing. :whee: I personally don't think a future tourney on CAG can outdo what we did here.[/QUOTE]
Yeah great job all 3 of you and everyone else, I really enjoyed the season and I can only imagine the amount of work put into it.

[quote name='dastly75']There's roughly 2614.730 miles between Orlando, FL & Vancouver, BC...[/quote]I was playing against my friend in Europe, minimal lag ;)

Yeah no offense Maigo but every game I play with you has a significant amount of input lag and regular lag. Hell two of our matches nearly crashed to a halt. It's not your fault but theres just too much distance between us to have what I consider a good game.

[quote name='dastly75']Yeah no offense Maigo but every game I play with you has a significant amount of input lag and regular lag. Hell two of our matches nearly crashed to a halt. It's not your fault but theres just too much distance between us to have what I consider a good game.[/quote]It wasn't too bad on my end, but those 2 matches definitely bogged down during the last stock, which was pretty annoying. Wish there was something I could do to alleviate it.

Anyways results:

Maigoyume vs Dastly75 Division Championship match

@ Battlefield, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Dastly75 (G&W), 2
@ Smashville, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Dastly75 (Wolf), 2
@ Brinstar (melee), Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Dastly75 (G&W), 1
@ Yoshis' Island (melee), Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Dastly75 (G&W), 2
@ Final Desination, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Dastly75 (Toon Link), 2

KhaosX @ Daisydog
@ Smashville: KhaosX (Pit), d.Daisydog (Link), 1
@ Yoshi's Island: Daisydog (Link), d.KhaosX (Pit), 2
@ Final Destination: Daisydog (Link), d.KhaosX (Pit), 2
@ Battlefield: Daisydog (Link), d.KhaosX (Pit), 3
@ Smashville: KhaosX (Pit), d.Daisydog (Link), 2
Winner: Daisydog

Extremely good games KhaosX :applause: That was a lot of fun. I had to try to juggle you with my boomerang and bombs or those arrows would have been the death of me. I was the one who picked to go to Smashville. Way to go me :lol:
And I'm sorry, my suicide was not intentional at the ending of the last game. I just do that a lot...
You're really good at racking up damage. But when I'm at a high percentage like that you need to go in for the kill already. I hope we get to play more often. Thanks for the games.

Yea thats the thing about my playing style with Pit, i dont play with a wide range of KO moves. That along with input delay, I rarely had a chance to connect with them. I noticed what you were doing with the bombs and boomerangs and i fought against a guy offline who does the same thing but i was able to counter that with forward B and shields, but it just doesnt work the same way online.

[quote name='maigoyume']It wasn't too bad on my end, but those 2 matches definitely bogged down during the last stock, which was pretty annoying. Wish there was something I could do to alleviate it.
[/quote]

Hey I figured it wasn't too bad on your end ;). I do enjoy your playing style though and I'd love to play you in a better environment. I think the games I've played you where neither of us hosted were a lot more enjoyable.

I also like to think of Daisy as the great equalizer. Every game she goes into/joins seems to have less lag.

Maybe if you try hosting next time the connection might be better. I'd be all up for another rematch, you're one of the better players around and just need a bit more practice with G&W to take me down.

Just an FYI, I'm retiring from the tourney scene after this one. I don't have as much time to put into brawl as I used to.

Still up for casuals every now and then, but this will probably be the last tourney I'm in :)

Whoa - I am doing the same thing, Maigo. At least, I'm definitely feeling an extended break. I'll resurface when I'm ready to play without some negative attitudes. In the meanwhile, I'll cheer for some peeps.

Oh? you too Joe?

Ah well I think a bunch of us need a brawl hiatus. Its almost become a chore for me to play it competitively, I want to have fun, like when I first started playing it :applause:

[quote name='yukine']Maybe we can all take a break and play another game... like Strikers? :lol:[/quote]

Megaman 9/// I have strikers Yukine...Pm me and I will add you...

Great games, zitanix! :applause:

Game 1: @ Smashville, evergoo (Snake) d. zitanix (MK), 2
Game 2: @ FD, evergoo (Snake) d. zitanix (MK), 2
Game 3: @ Frigate Orpheon, evergoo (Snake) d. zitanix (MK), 1
Game 4: @ BF, zitanix (MK) d. evergoo (Ike), 2
Game 5: @ Delfino Plaza, zitanix (MK) d. evergoo (Donkey Kong), 2

That 3rd match scared me, especially after losing my first stock early in the game. That match came down to the wire! Btw, I was surprised to not see DK at all. That's why I had to represent him in Game 5. ;)

Last but not least, thanks hero for prepping me up for the battle. Believe it or not, you're one of my best training buddies on CAG, even though you kill yourself at times. :D

[quote name='yukine']Maybe we can all take a break and play another game... like Strikers? :lol:[/quote]

I will play it with you, even though I suck at it. :bomb:

Just a heads up... Chop and I are trying to figure out a time for our match, but we've both been pretty busy. Hopefully we'll get it done sooner rather than later.

When it finally comes out, I'm going to be playing Animal Crossing religiously
You're gonna wear my Pug Tshirt and you're gonna like it!

[quote name='Daisydog']When it finally comes out, I'm going to be playing Animal Crossing religiously
You're gonna wear my Pug Tshirt and you're gonna like it!
[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I wouldn't mind trying to get back into Strikers, but I don't think I wanna play Mario Kart ever again.[/quote]
Beef, why are you so anti-mario kart? Hmmm....:roll:

It was the strength of the items. I would have a nice lead that I had actually earned, and then I would get hit by 2 blue shells, followed by a lightning bolt.

Heh. I do miss playing you online, Suko. Maybe if I'm not busy later today, then I'll sign on.

In the meantime, here's something I found from my earlier Melee days. Me vs. Asian Danny in what I'd like to think was a frighteningly close game.

I kinda miss the old Kirby, if only for his superior Kirbycides and amazingly powerful up-air.

EDIT: Heh, here's one from the San Francisco Brawl Prerelease Tournament. My D3 against some Ike. The match isn't anything special, but the guy's friend was commentating, and I thought it was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAtWRPqOAs8

Curses, I won't be home until the LSU vs. UF football game ends since I'm watching it at a friends place. Then again you're on the west so it may work out, or you may be too busy anyways.

To keep this on topic um, Lucario is awesome and wish I was more comftable using him.

Same here. I'm usually pretty busy, but can work out something if matches need to be recorded.

Between the two of us, there's not excuse for any match to not be recorded. ;)

Thanks so much you two! :bow:

I'm still waiting on the Arikado vs The Chop Suey match. It affects all the other matchup schedules.

The Chop Suey seems to be busy with school right now and I don't want him to forfeit. Hopefully those two can get their match done very soon.

thanks for the support marc. i just pm'ed kado we should get don tomorrow or thursday latest but feel free to proceed if you guys want, i can just forfeit. i enjoyed the season :)

[quote name='The Chop Suey']thanks for the support marc. i just pm'ed kado we should get don tomorrow or thursday latest but feel free to proceed if you guys want, i can just forfeit. i enjoyed the season :)[/QUOTE]

I don't think the others mind waiting. Plus it gives the hosts a break. Just get it done as soon as possible.

[quote name='evergoo']I don't think the others mind waiting. Plus it gives the hosts a break. Just get it done as soon as possible.[/quote]
How are you spending your brawl less morning Goo? :cool: I see you're online.

[quote name='hero101']How are you spending your brawl less morning Goo? :cool: I see you're online.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Haven't touched Brawl since the last time we played (virtual pool day). I'm not sure but has it been a week? Anyways, I've been playing catchup on my PS3 and getting ready for Buzz! Quiz TV (I know suko has it) and Rock Band 2.

Edit: It's still night time here. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evergoo']:lol:

Haven't touched Brawl since the last time we played (virtual pool day). I'm not sure but has it been a week? Anyways, I've been playing catchup on my PS3 and getting ready for Buzz! Quiz TV (I know suko has it) and Rock Band 2.

Edit: It's still night time here. :p[/QUOTE]

You bet! My friends and I play Buzz and Rock Band 2 every Friday and it's fun!

To stay on topic of this thread...Lucario is blue and good luck chop suey and kado!

Chop and I got our match done tonight. Results!

@Pokemon Stadium 1, Arikado (Falco) d. The Chop Suey (Snake), 3
@Final Destination, Arikado (Falco) d. The Chop Suey (Snake), 3
@Battlefield, Arikado (Falco) d. The Chop Suey (Snake), 2

...and just for fun:
@Smashville, Arikado (Wario) d. The Chop Suey (Snake), 2
@Delfino Plaza, Arikado (Mr. Game and Watch) d. The Chop Suey (Snake), 2

Glad we could finally get this set done, Chop. Good games.

bread's done
Back