1st Gen 32gb Nexus 7 New 99.99 with free games @ gamestop

Rumbero

CAGiversary!
Ive gotten so many good deals from CAG that I figure Id give back.  I posted this on SD:

Hi everyone,
Just Came back from Gamestop where I saw the prices changed on a new first gen 32gb Nexus 7 tablet from 199.99 to 99.99. However, when I checked online I found:

which shows the sale but will not let you click on the item (reroutes you to another search nexus tablet search). Anyways, I bought the new tablet and it rang out 99.99 without a problem. No need for manager approval. The price must be in the Gamestop system.

REMINDER: 1st Gen Nexus 7 32gb

Good luck. They mentioned that Nexus 7 16gb 1 st was discontinued and would not come down in price.

edit:
The link will take you to a gamestop.com search for a nexus 7. You can go to gamestop.com and run the search for nexus 7 32gb and on the second page it will be the deal with 5 Games. Cannot be ordered online!
Edit 2: Took out URLS because they are bad. Just run a search for Google Nexus 7 32gb on gamestop.com or call you local gamestop. People have reported being able to confirm the prices with the gamestop employees. Suppose to come with free games as well. Good luck

Word of advice: AVOID the first-gen Nexus 7, its a big disappointment. I had one, and over time it became VERY sluggish and took forever to boot up. Dumped it the very day the 2nd gen Nexus came out, and am much happier with that. Tegra 3 blows now, the Snapdragon in the 2nd gen Nexus 7 (along with double the RAM) is far better. Yes it costs a lot more ($270 for a 32gb, unless you find it on sale), but its worth it for the better performance (including higher resolution).

Last edited by a moderator:
Word of advice: AVOID the first-gen Nexus 7, its a big disappointment. I had one, and over time it became VERY sluggish and took forever to boot up. Dumped it the very day the 2nd gen Nexus came out, and am much happier with that. Tegra 3 blows now, the Snapdragon in the 2nd gen Nexus 7 (along with double the RAM) is far better. Yes it costs a lot more ($270 for a 32gb, unless you find it on sale), but its worth it for the better performance (including higher resolution).
I have the 1st gen Nexus 7. You might have had a faulty unit. Mine runs amazingly well and boots quickly. $100 is a great price for it.

Probably depends on what you do with it. My wife loves hers. I had no issues with mine, but I didn't use it enough to justify keeping it so I sold it to a friend who gave it to his wife, and she loves it as well. As a matter of fact, he just came across this deal at lunch and called to tell me that he bought one as a Christmas present for one of his kids.

I have the 1st gen Nexus 7. You might have had a faulty unit. Mine runs amazingly well and boots quickly. $100 is a great price for it.
It certainly could have been faulty. But it started out running things fairly well, and over time deteriorated in terms of speed for daily use, and at bootup. I googled it and ran across many other complaints from others about the exact same issues. And I stayed away from sketchy/free apps, which can bog a tablet down. Was glad to dump it for $60 credit at GS when the 2nd gen came out.

EDIT: Here's a link about the exact types of problems I was having:

http://tabtimes.com/analysis/ittech-os-android/2013/08/22/how-google-nexus-7-exposes-big-myth-about-android-tablets

And another:

http://androidandme.com/2013/06/opinions/one-year-later-the-nexus-7-has-gone-from-the-best-to-worst-tablet-ive-ever-owned/

Thanks for the heads up. Was planning on getting the 2nd gen model for my sister but she wont notice the difference between the two so I'll just get her this one.  Just called my local gamestop and they have one left. The lady on the phone couldn't believe it was so cheap and told me if I didn't come pick it up today she was going to buy it for herself. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I just sold my Kindle Fire for about $75 on amazon. I ordered a 1st gen 32gb Nexus 7 from amazon for $189.

Cancelled that order!

Just called my local gamestop. Guy said they had one.

Went it and bought it, $107 out the door!  :bow:

This is a very nice tablet. It works great for general web browsing, and can play pretty much every tablet game out there right now.

It certainly could have been faulty. But it started out running things fairly well, and over time deteriorated in terms of speed for daily use, and at bootup. I googled it and ran across many other complaints from others about the exact same issues. And I stayed away from sketchy/free apps, which can bog a tablet down. Was glad to dump it for $60 credit at GS when the 2nd gen came out.

http://tabtimes.com/analysis/ittech-os-android/2013/08/22/how-google-nexus-7-exposes-big-myth-about-android-tablets

And another:

http://androidandme.com/2013/06/opinions/one-year-later-the-nexus-7-has-gone-from-the-best-to-worst-tablet-ive-ever-owned/
I've had the exact same issues. Just got slower and slower as the weeks went bye. Even after a factory reset it still isn't nearly as fast as it was out of the box!

Ad isn't out yet but some door busters were revealed. Bfads.net has information about them
wonder how soon elite members can buy the stuff Love for it to be the monday before.. All i want is a HD and hate to stand in the fireaking lines...

got a 8gb coming for 118 but its going back to amazon next week

And another:

Please don't reference tabtimes ever again. By that idiot blogger's logic, the NES is the best electronics device ever. My parents bought one in 1988 for $150, and his idiot formula of dividing cost by months of use without maintaining the product means it's only $0.50 per month.

Obviously maintaining your system is key. You don't run your computer without routinely deleting temporary files and cleaning the registry, do you? A tablet is no different.

Please don't reference tabtimes ever again. By that idiot blogger's logic, the NES is the best electronics device ever. My parents bought one in 1988 for $150, and his idiot formula of dividing cost by months of use without maintaining the product means it's only $0.50 per month.

Obviously maintaining your system is key. You don't run your computer without routinely deleting temporary files and cleaning the registry, do you? A tablet is no different.
I take fantastic care of my Nexus 7 and it runs like a snail nowadays. There is some sort of hardware issue with 1st gen Nexus tablets.

I agree about the silly logic of dividing the price by time owned, its ridiculous. However, there was no excuse for the way the first gen Nexus bogged down; by the time I dumped it at GS for $60 in credit, I hated that tablet and was glad to get rid of it. Funny, I can't stand Apple products and never buy them, but you never hear about customers having to "delete temporary files" or "clean up the registry" on their iPads. Thats some asinine stuff there dude.

I know a couple of people have reported having issues with it, but I've had mine since launch and haven't had any issues whatsoever.  I use it daily.  Worst case scenario, you buy it and don't like it, you'll be able to get your money back on ebay or Craigslist pretty easily. 

bought one and gave my mom the memopad I bought the other day.. Was a little more expensive and didn't perform as good. At least I feel good about getting her a gift.

Nice. Grabbed one for my mom's xmas gift.  Wanted to get her a tablet this year regardless. One less thing for me to try to grab on BF. Thanks OP  :bouncy:

man i dont  know what to get

this or   kindle  16GB for  99    best buy black friday.  

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

will this system work with the amazon app store   (got tons of apps  from there on the kindle i had that broke) 

ALSO how my   Gen   have there been 

man i dont know what to get

this or kindle 16GB for 99 best buy black friday.

will this system work with the amazon app store (got tons of apps from there on the kindle i had that broke)

ALSO how my Gen have there been
This model came out a year ago. I actually bought it the day it was avail. :(

This model came out a year ago. I actually bought it the day it was avail. :(
so there is only this one and the 2013 model? Some reason i though there was like 4 or 5 gen of this, might be thinking ipad.

tempted but just dont know what to grab

Doubtful but is there a return window on these if you dont like them or once opened your stuck with it

anyone know what the FREE GAMES are

crap still dont know.. Dont like the idea how stores around here only have 1 at each store and one placed i called when i asked how good of a system it was they go.

we it seems like a fun little thing when we was messing around with it last night. That and they want 60 bucks for a 1 year replacment OUCH

The games that come with the tablet are , Hamilton's Great Adventure, Star Wars Pinball, The Bard's Tale, Paper Monsters, Riptide gp 2, and Shadowgun. I think they may work on any first gen nexus 7 whether you bought it at gamestop or not just by going to gameloader.gamestop.com on the tablet.

man i dont know what to get

this or kindle 16GB for 99 best buy black friday.

will this system work with the amazon app store (got tons of apps from there on the kindle i had that broke)

ALSO how my Gen have there been
This tablet works fine with Amazon app store. All you need to do is go to settings - security and enable apps from unknown sources. Then go to amazon and download their amazon apps.apk file and install it.

Any idea about how to search for this item in stores? Every time I try to find one locally on the website, it reverts back to the 2013 Nexus tablets.

Any idea about how to search for this item in stores? Every time I try to find one locally on the website, it reverts back to the 2013 Nexus tablets.
Posted Yesterday, 10:57 PM

I have a 32gb Nexus and have zero issues with it. It's not even rooted, I never needed to.

Hopefully this store locator link works: http://www.gamestop....3-nexus+7,28zu0

Just change the zip.

if you want one YOU BETTER GRAB IT TODAY Its posted on SLICKDEALS 4 stores had them last night locally now all of them are gone

Unfortunately, the ones closest to me who still have stock aren't convenient to work, so I probably would have to wait until the weekend to check it out. I've got a couple of GCs I can use towards it.

In the search, there is a Pickup@Store link underneath that allows you to search store inventory.

bread's done
Back