2/15/11 Psn sale: tales monkey isl season $9.99; Penny Arc ep 1 & 2 bundle $2.99

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
Playstation Store Update 15/02/11
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/15/playstation-store-update-177/

Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode 1 And 2 Bundle – Sale (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $14.99)
Tales Of Monkey Island – Full Season – Sale (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
Let’s Golf – Minis – Sale (PS3/PSP) (now $0.99, original price $4.99)
Funky Lab Rat + Trial – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Blacklight: Tango Down – Sale (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
Alien Breed 2: Assault – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Alien Breed: Impact – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
5-In-1 Arcade Hits – Minis – Sale (PS3/PSP) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
Mass Effect 2 – Terminus Pack – Perm Price Change (PS3) (now $1.99, original price Free)

Free PS3 DLC
ModNation Racers – Lovebug Kart And Mod (Free)
Fifa Soccer 11 – Fifa Ultimate Team (Free)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Alchemy Helper (Free)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Dragon With A Blue Shadow (Free)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Giant Bull Awakens (Free)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Out-Of-Control Robot (Free)

Free PSP DLC
Lord Of Arcana – Pack 1 (Free)

Free PS3 Themes
Acceleration of SUGURI X-Edition Theme (Free)
Ford Sync Theme (Free)

Free Music
Acceleration of SUGURI Music Track (x13) (Free)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']So for those of us who already have 1 of the Penny Arcade episodes downloaded from PSN...

We cannot purchase the BUNDLE?

Sad :([/QUOTE]

I bought episode 1 back in 2009, and I was able to buy the "bundle" tonight for 2.99. It's two separate downloads - episode 1 just showed up in my list of available downloads with the date from 2009 next to it, while episode 2 had today's.

Man I'm picking up the Rain Slick bundle. My buddy said it wasn't that amazing AND I still have TONS of games to play, but comon 30 dollars for 2.99? 90% OFF. R U SHITTIN ME

Also I won Alien Breed 2 in a contest last month so I'm getting the first one :D

[quote name='Eh? What?']I bought episode 1 back in 2009, and I was able to buy the "bundle" tonight for 2.99. It's two separate downloads - episode 1 just showed up in my list of available downloads with the date from 2009 next to it, while episode 2 had today's.[/QUOTE]
You're right, it's now available! Thank you so much for pointing this out and thanks to (presumably) Sony for fixing this glitch.

[quote name='Eh? What?']I bought episode 1 back in 2009, and I was able to buy the "bundle" tonight for 2.99. It's two separate downloads - episode 1 just showed up in my list of available downloads with the date from 2009 next to it, while episode 2 had today's.[/QUOTE]
This! They must have changed something as the bundle is showing up as available now despite having downloaded Ep 1 back in 2008. Just purchased and downloading now :) Maybe my call to customer service had some affect after all.

Man I am away from my PS3 now, is it possible to purchase those games from my computer (or elsewhere) and download them later?

[quote name='ultrapimp']sweet, i cant load funds onto my ps3 via my debit card ! anyone have a $5 psn card they wanna sell ?[/QUOTE]

There's no such thing as a $5 PSN card. They only come in denominations of $20 and $50.

[quote name='miriamleo']Man I am away from my PS3 now, is it possible to purchase those games from my computer (or elsewhere) and download them later?[/QUOTE]

The only way to purchase PSN games other than the Playstation Store is to purchase codes from Amazon. However, they usually have different prices than the Playstation Store.

[quote name='mxpowar']There's no such thing as a $5 PSN card. They only come in denominations of $20 and $50.[/QUOTE]

Actually I know my local Best Buy has $10 cards. Haven't seen $5 cards though.

I don't even know what penny arcade is. I mean I know it's a website, but I never bothered to check it out. But at $2.99 I went ahead and snagged it. I hope I'm not too out of the loop.

[quote name='mxpowar']There's no such thing as a $5 PSN card. They only come in denominations of $20 and $50.

The only way to purchase PSN games other than the Playstation Store is to purchase codes from Amazon. However, they usually have different prices than the Playstation Store.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop also sells some PSN games now :)

I just bought Penny Arcade Bundle last night for $2.99. Go to the games section in playstation store, list alphabetically. The bundle was listed separately from episodes 1 & 2 which were still there at the regular price. Hope this helps somebody.

[quote name='GTmaster39']I don't even know what penny arcade is. I mean I know it's a website, but I never bothered to check it out. But at $2.99 I went ahead and snagged it. I hope I'm not too out of the loop.[/QUOTE]

I've checked out the PA website maybe twice and I still picked up this deal. So far I'm finding most of the humor pretty funny. I think this game is more for people that have played RPGs rather than visited the PA website.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I've checked out the PA website maybe twice and I still picked up this deal. So far I'm finding most of the humor pretty funny. I think this game is more for people that have played RPGs rather than visited the PA website.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool. See my main issue was that I was afraid that by not being a regular visitor of the site that I was going to be missing out on "inside jokes" and other references to their comic strips that they make. But if it's all RPG oriented then I guess I'll be fine.

I've been a huge fan of the PA comics for years. There might be a few inside jokes that a newbie might miss (the fact the the Fruit fucker is one of the main enemies is hilarious!) but overall you'll probably enjoy it of you're a fan of Paper Mario style RPG's that incorporate some button pushing for blocks/attack damage.

I've played a few hours into episode #1. I really like it but I wish I had noticed there was a trophy for not allowing any party members to die before I started.

In for Penny Arcade and Tales of Monkey Island, thanks OP! Okay I have $7 left, any idea what next weeks sale is going to be?

bread's done
Back