2/15/11 Psn sale: tales monkey isl season $9.99; Penny Arc ep 1 & 2 bundle $2.99

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
Playstation Store Update 15/02/11
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/15/playstation-store-update-177/

Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode 1 And 2 Bundle – Sale (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $14.99)
Tales Of Monkey Island – Full Season – Sale (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
Let’s Golf – Minis – Sale (PS3/PSP) (now $0.99, original price $4.99)
Funky Lab Rat + Trial – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Blacklight: Tango Down – Sale (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
Alien Breed 2: Assault – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Alien Breed: Impact – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
5-In-1 Arcade Hits – Minis – Sale (PS3/PSP) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
Mass Effect 2 – Terminus Pack – Perm Price Change (PS3) (now $1.99, original price Free)

Free PS3 DLC
ModNation Racers – Lovebug Kart And Mod (Free)
Fifa Soccer 11 – Fifa Ultimate Team (Free)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Alchemy Helper (Free)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Dragon With A Blue Shadow (Free)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Giant Bull Awakens (Free)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Out-Of-Control Robot (Free)

Free PSP DLC
Lord Of Arcana – Pack 1 (Free)

Free PS3 Themes
Acceleration of SUGURI X-Edition Theme (Free)
Ford Sync Theme (Free)

Free Music
Acceleration of SUGURI Music Track (x13) (Free)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='typical guy']Are you sure that Deathspank ToV has been out a year?[/QUOTE]

I guess I was not because I was wrong. Not exactly sure why i thought that, but I edited my post to remove it. That makes it even more surprising that the cutoff date for pursuring a refund was in December, or at least I think that was the case. Maybe I should look into it more closely. Then again I don't really care that much about achievements so I should be able to use another presons save file to play the rest of the game. I was more pissed off based on the principle of a company being aware of something like this and claiming that there is little to nothing that they can do about it. It seems kind of like when companies don't issue recalls on products because they think that the cost of the recall would be greater than the cost of litigation.

[quote name='erectiontown']Is it just me or is Sam and Max episodes 1-5 listed as free under new releases?[/QUOTE]

it's not you....it's free....couldn't believe they are just giving it away much to my dismay....i already bought them

Under the Monkey Island bundle it says 5 episodes..... I thought there was only 1 and 2. Are there more that havent been released?

Do theses sales ever update Amazons price for psn download codes? As of right now they are still full price. Thanks

[quote name='Stimes']Do theses sales ever update Amazons price for psn download codes? As of right now they are still full price. Thanks[/QUOTE]

They used to but it doesn't seem like it any more.

[quote name='gshell']it's not you....it's free....couldn't believe they are just giving it away much to my dismay....i already bought them[/QUOTE]

=/ I don't see free.

[quote name='FFWRX']Under the Monkey Island bundle it says 5 episodes..... I thought there was only 1 and 2. Are there more that havent been released?[/QUOTE]

I think you're thinking of two different Monkey Island games. "Tales of Monkey Island" is the newer 3-D episodic adventure game made by Telltale. You might be confusing that with the "Special Edition" remakes of the original Secret of Monkey Island and SoMI 2, which are the old classic LucasArts games redone with new graphics and voice acting.

[quote name='lunker']I think you're thinking of two different Monkey Island games. "Tales of Monkey Island" is the newer 3-D episodic adventure game made by Telltale. You might be confusing that with the "Special Edition" remakes of the original Secret of Monkey Island and SoMI 2, which are the old classic LucasArts games redone with new graphics and voice acting.[/QUOTE]

Which game is this?

[quote name='_heretic']Doesn't make sense. If it was for better file organization, you would use YYYYMMDD, since then it would be organized chronologically when sorted.[/QUOTE]

Ironically, the ISO standard IS YYYYMMDD (which is what I use for files). Don't know what crack op is smoking.

[quote name='elessar123']Ironically, the ISO standard IS YYYYMMDD (which is what I use for files). Don't know what crack op is smoking.[/QUOTE]

The OP is using the way that Europeans type out dates. MM/DD/YY
US types use DD/MM/YY

Thanks for the info on Penny Arcade, OP. I already have both on 360, but for $3 I can't resist rebuying them. Plus I had $3.54 sitting in my PSN wallet.

[quote name='typical guy']The OP is using the way that Europeans type out dates. MM/DD/YY
US types use DD/MM/YY[/QUOTE]

I live in the US and have always used MM/DD/YY...

[quote name='Cuksis']I live in the US and have always used MM/DD/YY...[/QUOTE]

Oops, I did it backwards for us/eu. I forgot which way I do it because I was thinking about it too hard! I had to write it down to figure it out.

By the way, anyone know if the 5 in 1 arcade hits is any good? I haven't even heard of it.

damn with all these sales, i'm kicking myself for buying these games when they are first released.

never will i buy a psn game again on release.

[quote name='jubeininja69']damn with all these sales, i'm kicking myself for buying these games when they are first released.

never will i buy a psn game again on release.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way.

[quote name='bigsick']a friend is borrowing my ps3 atm. is there anyway to purchase penny arcade online somehow?[/QUOTE]

Amazon has it but not for the sale price :(

I also have an update for anyone having a problem purchasing the bundle because they already have one of the episodes downloaded:

1.) If you purchased the individual episode through the Playstation Store, you can call Sony (800-345-7669) and have them delete it from your download history so that you'll be able to download the bundle on sale.

2.) If you purchased the individual episode through a third-party like Amazon (as I did), then you are SOL because the transaction doesn't even show up on their end, even though it DOES show up on the Playstation Store to block you from buying the bundle :roll:. Your only option is to wait (hope?) for an Amazon price match or create a new user account and buy it that way.

[quote name='mxpowar']Amazon has it but not for the sale price :(

I also have an update for anyone having a problem purchasing the bundle because they already have one of the episodes downloaded:

1.) If you purchased the individual episode through the Playstation Store, you can call Sony (800-345-7669) and have them delete it from your download history so that you'll be able to download the bundle on sale.

2.) If you purchased the individual episode through a third-party like Amazon (as I did), then you are SOL because the transaction doesn't even show up on their end, even though it DOES show up on the Playstation Store to block you from buying the bundle :roll:. Your only option is to wait (hope?) for an Amazon price match or create a new user account and buy it that way.[/QUOTE]

I got it from amazon

[quote name='Brother Daz']$3.21?? Do some people get charged tax?[/QUOTE]

yeah they charged me tax.. i hate that they always do that when i buy something from them/playstation store....... makes my money/funds uneven...

i thought everyone got charged tax??

[quote name='Brother Daz']I've only had my PS3 for a little over a week, but I have bought and wasnt charged tax on:
Penny arcade 1 & 2
Trine
Joe Danger[/QUOTE]

well thats good at least your spared from how annoying it feels t have to pay tax on these things-especially when i use to buy rockband songs

maybe it depends on the state--i'm in chicago.

Depends on if your state charges tax on digital goods. I'm in Washington and have always been charged taxes online.

yeah, I get charged tax here in TX, its really funny how it works, I can get a PSN card for $10, $20, etc. even (no tax) (works great with BB RZ certs ;) ) and get charged tax thru PSN when I purchase on the console or from MediaGo. Now, when I buy an XBLA points card. I pay tax on the card, but no tax (like extra MS points) to MSFT.

[quote name='token2k6']yeah, I get charged tax here in TX, its really funny how it works, I can get a PSN card for $10, $20, etc. even (no tax) (works great with BB RZ certs ;) ) and get charged tax thru PSN when I purchase on the console or from MediaGo. Now, when I buy an XBLA points card. I pay tax on the card, but no tax (like extra MS points) to MSFT.[/QUOTE]

That's how digital contents work at the moment... It depends on your state. Digital contents may or may not carry sale taxes. For PSN cards or Xbox point cards, there's only one tax if your state collect taxes. Meaning that if you're taxed while buying the card, you shouldn't be taxed again when redeeming through PSN or Xbox Live (double taxing is unconstitutional, lol). Of course, the double tax scenario can occur if someone give you the prepaid card from a different state... In that case, the "double" taxes collected are from two different states.

Eventually everything will be taxed, where else the state government get the money from?

Own Penny Arcade on the PC but to be honest the fact that you had to use the mouse to control on the PC was trash, so I went ahead and picked it up for the PS3 to play through again. Also picked up Let's Golf since I'm a sucker for $0.99 games.

I purchased penny arcade 1 and 2 for the $2.99 because can't beat that. Had to add $5.00 to wallet to get it. Also I see that tax was not added when I purchased the game, why is that?

[quote name='jubeininja69']damn with all these sales, i'm kicking myself for buying these games when they are first released.

never will i buy a psn game again on release.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the CAG side of the force. :applause:

I bought PA Ep 1 on XBLA when it was on sale for $10. I loved it. I waited for Ep 2 to go on sale but it never did.

Yes, I'm totally buying this bundle from PSN

[quote name='gshell']it's not you....it's free....couldn't believe they are just giving it away much to my dismay....i already bought them[/QUOTE]
They show up that way because you own them.

[quote name='erectiontown']Is it just me or is Sam and Max episodes 1-5 listed as free under new releases?[/QUOTE]

$34.99 on my PSN. Was it a glitch they fixed? Maybe it has to do with whether or not you've purchased any episodes in the past(i haven't).

[quote name='ryosnk']Are the penny arcade games good?[/QUOTE]

If you like Penny Arcade, the old turn based style rpg fighting system, and some adventure you'll like them.

[quote name='PublikDefender']whatever. i changed it but in principle you (american or not) should always use the international standard for better file organization anyway. [/QUOTE]

For better file organization you should go year-month-day. The day should NEVER come before the month in any scenario. That's fucking retarded.

[quote name='kingtopher']Has anyone played the Alien Breed games? I'm moderately interested in those.[/QUOTE]

I only have the 1st one.

Not that great.

Fun for the first 10 minutes, until you realize it has no variety, and you do the same things over, and over, and over again.

- Shoot a few aliens
- Get to a locked door
- Find terminal to unlock door
- Proceed to open door
- Shoot a few aliens...
- Get to a locked door...

Repeat until you've opened at least 10-12 doors per level.

Didn't XBL have them for $5 just a few weeks ago? Either way, $6.99 is still expensive for this game.

[quote name='mxpowar']Amazon has it but not for the sale price :(

2.) If you purchased the individual episode through a third-party like Amazon (as I did), then you are SOL because the transaction doesn't even show up on their end, even though it DOES show up on the Playstation Store to block you from buying the bundle :roll:. Your only option is to wait (hope?) for an Amazon price match or create a new user account and buy it that way.[/QUOTE]

Any idea who you talked to? I just got off the phone with customer support and their supervisor, who supposedly brought the issue up with the manager of the PSN Storefront who told me there was absolutely nothing they could do. Could not remove the first game from my download history, credit my account the price difference of just buying the second game, or provide a redemption code for the bundle.

Why go through the hassle of dealing with customer support? Why don't you guys just create a new PSN account under another PS3 profile? Better yet, you could do it as a gameshare and use the same PSN account for 5 users. It's not that hard....

[quote name='ssjmichael']Why go through the hassle of dealing with customer support? Why don't you guys just create a new PSN account under another PS3 profile? Better yet, you could do it as a gameshare and use the same PSN account for 5 users. It's not that hard....[/QUOTE]
1.) Because I have $20 in my PSN wallet and if I start a new user account, I would need to either get ANOTHER PSN card or put my CC on that account just for $3. And if I used a CC, I'd be forced to buy something else for at least $2.01 because $5 is the minimum amount you can transfer from CC to the PSN wallet.

2.) I can't do gameshare because I have a CC on my account and I don't trust anybody.

[quote name='mxpowar']
2.) I can't do gameshare because I have a CC on my account and I don't trust anybody.[/QUOTE]

um first of all no one will see your cc information on a new PSN account. You could buy the game with the CC, and delete it before anyone has access to the account. And none of that matters if you're not the host anyway. You act like you'll never buy anything from the PSN store again. So what if you have $2 left over, it's your account, you can always add a PSN card to that account and still use the games on the main account.

Anyway, I was just pointing out the obvious here, It's your loss, not mine.

bread's done
Back