2/6 Gamecrazy Markdowns

RandyTsai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
126 (100%)
Gamecrazy got their new markdown list today. There were around 10 pages. Now we just have to wait for scorch to type out the list.

I picked up

Gamecube
Pure Evil 2 Pack NEW - $9.99
The Simpsons Road Rage Used - $7.99

Playstation 2
Guilty Gear X Used - $7.99
Way of the Samurai 2 Used - $14.99

Mods' note:
Please don't turn this into a trading thread. It's encouraged to post what you have found, though don't flood this thread with "I'm looking for X" posts.

Trade thread for this sale is right over here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127173

[quote name='Joe Fongul']
io: My local Gamecrazy has a used Skies Of Arcadia Legends in stock. Did you want me to grab it for you? The cover art is complete (no rental box), but I do not know about instructions. PM me if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

No, thanks for the offer though. In that case, my comments were for finding it new. I don't imagine it is that hard to find used (though that is a great price). Now if you could find me a used Ikaruga, that's a dfifferent matter ;).

damn I have to try and find that Castlevania 2 in 1 pack for GBA new at a Gamecrazy. thanks op and scorch

Many thanks once again for all your many contributions to the site, Scorch. You make this world a better place!

There are many great games on that list, but good luck finding any of the A-list titles. I have not seen pretty much any of the worthwhile GC, GBA, or older titles on that list new or used at any GameCrazy in the last two years.

I advise anyone against taking long road trips to GC to come away disappointed and wasting gas. Maybe worth a look if you have one nearby though.

I'm putting this out there early, to try and make this thread much less cluttered.

Please don't litter this thread with "I found X, I'm looking for Y" or "I'm really looking for Z, can someone hook me up" posts, as all that will do is make this thread get huge without any real substance of what's up to date or not. Someone should go make a "Gamecrazy Feb 2007 Trading Thread" in the Trading Forum, so that way, all those requests can stay there and keep this thread clean.

[quote name='io']
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast - 10/8 :)rofl:)[/quote]
You can laugh if you want, we've had at least three people trade in the cube version in the past month. They all went out the same day they came in, though. I haven't seen the "Pure Evil" pack in MONTHS. And yeah, don't call. Half of the employees don't even know about this list yet, whether that's because of a bad manager or they didn't work yesterday.

And Shrike, I agree, I don't want people to turn it into a trading thread, but I would love people to come in and post what they found.

[quote name='bill123']Thought I'd give a heads up that a trading thread has been started.

bill123[/quote]
I added in the link to the thread in the OP.

Thanks for the list Scorch, but I found this one listing a bit wierd.

[quote name='Scorch']
Raiden 3 - 24.99
[/quote]

Raiden 3 isn't even out yet. I've heard rumors of it coming out sometime in March, but I think it will be releasing at budget price ($19.99 or less).

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Question:

Is Skies of Arcadia for Gamecube very rare and hard to find? :lol:[/QUOTE]
I don't really know if it is rare, but the gamecube version will be a lot easier for me to find than the Dreamcast one. The only place in my town that has a good supply of dreamcast stuff is mcvans and I really don't like their prices.

What are the differences between the dreamcast and gamecube versions? Is it just a graphical update or were other things added in as well?

[quote name='erehwon']I don't really know if it is rare, but the gamecube version will be a lot easier for me to find than the Dreamcast one. The only place in my town that has a good supply of dreamcast stuff is mcvans and I really don't like their prices.

What are the differences between the dreamcast and gamecube versions? Is it just a graphical update or were other things added in as well?[/quote]

Random battles are less frequent (a welcomed change). The battle music is apparently different, and obviously there's no VMU games. I think more "bounty missions" were added.

I just scored MMBN4 Red and Blue for $9.99 each, but (as someone else had said) the clerk indicated that all the new GBA stuff was going out and they weren't going to carry new stuff anymore. He said had I been 5 minutes later he probably would have pulled the stuff and proceeded to pull it as I was leaving. I guess I should try to hit another GC or 2 before work tonight. Too bad Riviera (sp?) never got marked down.

So I guess that means they won't be carrying FFVI? :drool:

Not sure if it was just a typo on Scorch's part or whether it is somehow YMMV, but the Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow guide I bought today rang up at $7.99 (not the $9.99 price in the posted list).

someone sell me

castlevaina double pack

or trade for one of my tru games i got left

Trace memory
Yu gi oh duel something
metroid pinball (opened)
monster rancher evo opened

other junk

huh. There was a Beatmania bundle sitting in one of the stores here stickered at 54.99 or something like that (used). I asked him to check the price, and after fiddling with the computer for a moment, he said that price was still correct :whistle2:?

Yeah...I went and checked a few GC. Nothing really perked my interest besides Guilty Gear X for PS2. So that's really all that I got and found out of all the games I was searching for. Anyone have any luck finding the Pure Evil 2 pack yet?!

Thanks for all the hard work Scorch, and thanks to RandyTsai for starting the thread. Hopefully I'll be able to at least get a couple things I want.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Wow... I just stopped by my gamecrazy and found out that they closed down. :([/QUOTE]

Which one in socal?

FYI These are GBA games stores are supposed to keep selling...

FINAL FANTASY V
FINAL FANTASY VI
POKEMON EMERALD
POKEMON FIRE RED
POKEMON LEAF GREEN
POKEMON RED RESCUE TEAM

Everything else is gone.

[quote name='shipwreck']Not sure if it was just a typo on Scorch's part or whether it is somehow YMMV, but the Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow guide I bought today rang up at $7.99 (not the $9.99 price in the posted list).[/quote]
It dropped again this morning, along with MORE guides pennying out (including Final Fantasy IV advance)

To the BeatMania guy - it scans at 19.99. I think the guy saw the price and decided he wanted to get it for himself. I scanned it myself, $19.99.

Final Fantasy VI didn't come in today, which is very, very lame.

[quote name='Scorch']It dropped again this morning, along with MORE guides pennying out (including Final Fantasy IV advance)[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay, that explains it then. I was handed that list of penny guides today and told "go to town". :) I picked up that FFIV guide and a bunch of other good Nintendo Power guides.

I briefly saw the list today.. I don't remember much from it, I know that Metroid Prime: Hunters, Advance Wars DS, Pokemon.. ah shit, which one was it.. Pokemon Emerald and.. Pokemon something else. There were a few more but nothing worth mentioning.

[quote name='Scorch']I briefly saw the list today.. I don't remember much from it, I know that Metroid Prime: Hunters, Advance Wars DS, Pokemon.. ah shit, which one was it.. Pokemon Emerald and.. Pokemon something else. There were a few more but nothing worth mentioning.[/QUOTE]

I listed what I could remember in the Penny Guide thread. There were a couple more of note though.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and the last 2 Fire Emblem games for instance.

[quote name='shipwreck']I listed what I could remember in the Penny Guide thread. There were a couple more of note though.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and the last 2 Fire Emblem games for instance.[/quote]

Yes! Forgot about those two. And that stupid little Nintendogs guide, that tiny one that's green.

[quote name='Scorch']Yes! Forgot about those two. And that stupid little Nintendogs guide, that tiny one that's green.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, "Pups" or something along those lines. I forgot about that one, but they didn't have it at the store I was at anyway.

Wow. Phantom Brave is only $7.99 now. If anybody wants a copy they had a few and I might be heading out that way again tomorrow.

Only sweet until you try the game. Not worthy of the Lufia name IMO.

Sumbitches didnt bother to drop fire emblem or golden sun before shipping them off - I had new copies of those on hold FOREVER waiting for the drop

Dave

I went to two and found Nada on the list..I did pick up Skies of Arcadia for NGC, a Scooby game for NGC and Blasto for Ps1 and the Castlevania DOS guide for 7? Since I renewed my MVP card he gave me all the penny guides that he had. I got about 15-20. Metroid Prime Hunters...Marios and luigi in Time...Nintendogs..all multiple copies...some Pokemon..

I came across another R.E bundle pack..The one with 3 players chioce games in it..The one with the guy you fought in the barn in RE4. That worth it?

[quote name='TehTriggerman']I went to two and found Nada on the list..I did pick up Skies of Arcadia for NGC, a Scooby game for NGC and Blasto for Ps1 and the Castlevania DOS guide for 7? Since I renewed my MVP card he gave me all the penny guides that he had. I got about 15-20. Metroid Prime Hunters...Marios and luigi in Time...Nintendogs..all multiple copies...some Pokemon..

I came across another R.E bundle pack..The one with 3 players chioce games in it..The one with the guy you fought in the barn in RE4. That worth it?[/quote]

yea thats the one with RE remake, 0 and RE 4 I believe its still 39.99! wonder how many bundles of pure evil were made? I coudln't find any after searching through 5 gamecrazys today.

[quote name='CaoPi']yea thats the one with RE remake, 0 and RE 4 I believe its still 39.99! wonder how many bundles of pure evil were made? I coudln't find any after searching through 5 gamecrazys today.[/quote]

Pure Evil has been out of stores for months.

It's just the REMake and REZero, I don't know why you guys are searching for it so much

I struck out completely at my GC. They didn't even have the licensed kids stuff like Chicken Little or Shrek Super Slam. Pathetic... And of course all the GBA stuff was gone (it was there a few days ago). I may hit up a few more this weekend but I'm not going to go out of my way.

Yeah all the GBA stuff was gone at the store I was at and I asked the manager and they just had everything in a box in the back. I need to get to this other store tomorrow because they still had a few copies of MM Zero 4 left (solid gold!)

I got Lufia $10, Rivery City Ransom $8 (not a price drop), and Boktai 2 $8

[quote name='msdmoney']Which one in socal?[/QUOTE]

West Covina. The sign on the door said to go to the one in Baldwin Park now... :/

But the BP one is kinda far.

This reeks of lameness. First GameCrazy I was at had the GBA case completely empty. Nothing there at all, even the Riviera, Yggdra Union, and Final Fantasy games were all gone.

Second store seemed to have opened all the GBA games and started selling them as used. I know they didn't have used Yggdra Union, Riviera, Lufia, and tons of other games I saw new there last week. Weakness.

So where exactly are all the GBA games going? A damn shame all those GBA games they had are all gone now. Seems like such a waste just to get rid of them completely.

Seems like a few CAGs were lucky enough to score some GBA games before they vanished. If anyone snagged a Disney Aladdin before they were pulled, let me know.

[quote name='GunstarRed']So where exactly are all the GBA games going? A damn shame all those GBA games they had are all gone now. Seems like such a waste just to get rid of them completely.[/quote]

I would like to know this too, what's going to happen to the GBA games?

They had a couple sealed copies of Fire Emblem for $24.99 and Kingdom Hearts CoM for $19.99 at one store. I may have to bite for those prices before they disappear unless eBay turns out to be cheaper. That is assuming I haven't already missed out. Meh. :roll:

As for the GBA games being shipped away, one employee suggested they were being shipped to stores with really high sales volume. Of course he may not have really known anything.

Yeah, I heard that same line of bs by me too - that the GBA games were going to the well performing stores. Considering the 4 GC stores by me I believe do pretty well and are almost always packed, I find it hard to believe that all 4 shipped their games out to stores that were doing better. Bizarre.

Picked up Skies of Arcadia: Legends used. Didn't even notice until I was a mile down the road that there was no instruction booklet. At least the pdf is up on the Sega website.

bread's done
Back