2/6 Gamecrazy Markdowns

RandyTsai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
126 (100%)
Gamecrazy got their new markdown list today. There were around 10 pages. Now we just have to wait for scorch to type out the list.

I picked up

Gamecube
Pure Evil 2 Pack NEW - $9.99
The Simpsons Road Rage Used - $7.99

Playstation 2
Guilty Gear X Used - $7.99
Way of the Samurai 2 Used - $14.99

Mods' note:
Please don't turn this into a trading thread. It's encouraged to post what you have found, though don't flood this thread with "I'm looking for X" posts.

Trade thread for this sale is right over here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127173

Didn't even notice until I was a mile down the road that there was no instruction booklet.

Yea,

I always double check the case after I bring it to the register, just in case theyve given me another one or whatnot. I also check discs for scratches.

It's not BS, there's literally a memo that says to pull all new GBA games except the Pokemon and Final Fantasy games and ship everything back to corporate. They'll redistribute all the newer GBA games to the stores that have the most traffic. It sucks. There's a post about it in another forum, one guy's store has been receiving all the GBA games that everyone else is shipping off.

[quote name='Scorch']It's not BS, there's literally a memo that says to pull all new GBA games except the Pokemon and Final Fantasy games and ship everything back to corporate. They'll redistribute all the newer GBA games to the stores that have the most traffic. It sucks. There's a post about it in another forum, one guy's store has been receiving all the GBA games that everyone else is shipping off.[/QUOTE]

People need to report in when they find these high traffic stores.

If you're from San Diego, I know for a fact that The Aero Drive Game Crazy (By the stadium) will be one of the only two stores in SD selling gba games. I don't know what the other store is and I also don't know if they recieved any shipments of GBA stuff yet.

Update: National City is the other store.

My haul?

From the sale, I got:
24 for $14.99 new
Eye Toy Play 2 (with camera) for $19.99

I then bought:
Klonoa 2 - $19.99 used
GameCube GameBoy Player - $34.99 Used - Looking at eBay prices though, it doesn't look like it was quit worth it. I think I might have to take it back.

Couldn't find too many on the list, although I wasn't looking for all that many games. It certainly was a small GameCrazy because it was part of a Hollywood Video.

I might call around this weekend to find out which stores around here will still carry the GBA games, I don't think it'll be any of the more local ones unfortionatly.

Oh yeah, GBA games.

Ok, the store I went to had used GBA games and plenty of those. The only new GBA games they had were three Pokemon Dungeon Mystery games and one Pokemon Sapphire.

I ended up empty handed pretty much for the cheap deals nada for RE pure evil and ikaruga, I did find a sealed copy of Disgeae: HOD though.

thx op

I picked up:
New klonoa 2 for $9.99
Vandal Hearts (complete), Vagrant Story (disc only), and Star Ocean (disc only) for $9.99

I had seen a copy of Disgaea HoD while I was out. How much is it at GC?

[quote name='CaoPi']I ended up empty handed pretty much for the cheap deals nada for RE pure evil and ikaruga, I did find a sealed copy of Disgeae: HOD though.[/quote]

[quote name='shipwreck']People need to report in when they find these high traffic stores.[/QUOTE]
The Franklin, OH store off of 122 had a glass case full of new GBA games.

Can you special order new items? I've looked everywhere and no one in my area has Taiko Drum Master anymore.

Thanks for the list Scorch! Much to my surprise, I found a used copy of Ikaruga! Case and cover are not in great shape, but it plays, so whatever...

I have another game to add to the list o' bargains:

Lost In Blue $12.99 USED

I picked up the game even without the case or instructions due to the rarity of the game (and wanting the game for a while as well)

Another 'high volume' store is the Kings Canyon/Willow store in Fresno CA. They were adding stock to their GBA case yesterday when I stopped by on a guide hunt. There were a few Atlus goodies (Super Robot Taisen, Riviera), but nothing else of note.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']I have another game to add to the list o' bargains:

Lost In Blue $12.99 USED [/quote]
It's not a "list of bargains", it's a list of price drops. Lost in Blue has been $12.99 for months if the store has it. I found a complete used copy for 12.99 not long ago. Congrats on also finding a copy.

I really hate that people are like "can anyone confirm that beatmania bundle?" It's confirmed, it's in the memo sent from corporate, it scans at 19.99. if an employee tells you it scans for anything other than 19.99, he's lying.

//edit: Disgaea HoD is 29.99 new, 24.99 used. If you guys are looking for it, check your local GC's, a ton got a copy or two in this past week.

[quote name='anderton']24.99? A rare price raise. I bought it for $17.99 last year.[/QUOTE]

We've been through this before ;). I commented how I found a DDS 2 and it was now $29.99 or so, when it was $15.99 last year. Scorch said those were temporary sales (I had thought they were permanent price drops/clearances).

I still need to get out to the better GC's and see if they have anything.

[quote name='imacgod']
GameCube GameBoy Player - $34.99 Used - Looking at eBay prices though, it doesn't look like it was quit worth it. I think I might have to take it back.
[/QUOTE]
from the amazon prices
it looks worth it to me, that is if it includes the disc. i sold mine on amazon for $55 after commission and they look to be about the same. i never used it much and bought it for $22 in june.

I picked up the BeatMania Bundle for $19.99 yesterday. Was still stickered at $29.99 and the guy just read the tag when I asked if it was $20, but got it anyway for $20. The S&H would kill any trade deals on this.

Also saw a Disgaea: HOD for $22.xx, so they're definitely out there, although not that great of a deal anymore since the last reprint. If anyone needs me to pick it up for them though, let me know.

Damn lazy-ass clerk at GC must not have looked up GG Isuka when I asked him to while I was there last night, he said it was $19.99. :roll: Looks like I'm probably going to have to go back there tonight. Lame.

EDIT: Called the store back and got the same guy from last night to scan the game and it came up $9.99, got him to set a copy aside w/ my reserve for Ar Tonelico.

And to the poster below I will buy or trade for a sealed copy of Lunar Legend if your store gets one in.

the willoughby OH store has a ton of used games still and a few other neww still beside the pokemon and final fantasy
and what the shaq fu their manager told them to just throw out all the guides the employees were not even allowed to buy them
so i got sonic advance 3 for like 7 bucks

I found a store that still had new GBA games and lo and behold, they had a Super Robot Taisen Original Generation for $19.99. Since I just bought part 2 at EB the other day this was great. Of course, why I'm buying all these GBA games (both Summon Knights and SRTs) I have no idea as I never get time to play them :lol:.

Anyway, my quest for finding crappy licensed kids games for the GC hasn't gone so well. (And I've completely given up trying to find Ikaruga or the Pure Evil Pack). I went to 2 more GC's tonight and there was NOTHING. No Chicken Little or Shrek Superslam (new or used). I mean, c'mon, these can't be that hard to find! I did find Chicken Little for $13.56 at CC, so I got that (but would have rather spent $15 of GC credit on it). I'd really like the Shrek game though - I think my boys will have fun with it.

I did find a Wii Points card though - very nice. Now I can download Super Mario World. It seems GC's are one of the best places for Wii accessories at the moment - saw all 3 controllers and points cards among the 3 GC's I've gone to the last few days. (No Wiis of course).

Why didn't anybody tell me GameCrazy doesn't do returns like EB and GameStop! I though saying I didn't like a game or accessory would work, but apparently they buy-it back, not give you a full refund. The game has to not work for there to be a refund... Well, I still got my GB Player and Klonoa 2. They did rebuff the discs for free, so at least the quality is much better. I guess selling my GB Player sometime down the line will be best.

[quote name='io']they had a Super Robot Taisen Original Generation for $19.99.[/quote]

Same here! I didn't buy it though, not enough money. I did pick up a nice used copy of MGS2:Substance and Guilty Gear X for 17 bucks total. I'm kinda sad I went to my GC late, the lone copy of Ikaruga got bought!

[quote name='imacgod']Why didn't anybody tell me GameCrazy doesn't do returns like EB and GameStop! I though saying I didn't like a game or accessory would work, but apparently they buy-it back, not give you a full refund. [/QUOTE]

If your local GameStop/EB stores still take returns for a full refund because "you didn't like it," consider yourself quite fortunate. My local Gamestop/EB Games stores stopped doing this several years ago because too many people were abusing it. (Buy a new $50 game, beat in a week's time and return it for a full refund saying they didn't like it.)

GameCrazy does let you play a game prior to purchase, but that's about all I can say for them at present. I don't know of any stores that give full refunds for open product returns anymore.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']If your local GameStop/EB stores still take returns for a full refund because "you didn't like it," consider yourself quite fortunate. My local Gamestop/EB Games stores stopped doing this several years ago because too many people were abusing it. (Buy a new $50 game, beat in a week's time and return it for a full refund saying they didn't like it.)

GameCrazy does let you play a game prior to purchase, but that's about all I can say for them at present. I don't know of any stores that give full refunds for open product returns anymore.[/QUOTE]

Well, my EBGames does it for used games, which Klonoa and the GB Player were. Alas, I kept them. Slim pickings at that GC.

After checking out various GameCrazy stores over the course of Friday through today, I found brand new
GBA Activision Anthology $10
GBA Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance $10
GBA Castlevania Double Pack $10
PS2 Eyetoy Play 2 (w/ Camera) $16 - For some reason, the clerk said this was 20% off, so I got it for $16.

I also saw a Beatmania bundle for $20 which I considered, but decided probably wasn't worth it.

Picked up a used mint Growlanser Generations for $13.49, a used buffed Suikoden III for $7.19, a sealed Stella Deus for $19.99, and I may go back for a used SMT DDS1 LE for $13.49, but I don't think they had the soundtrack. I also scored many guides including personal copies of Makai Kingdom and Fire Emblem PoR. Thanks again to all the original posters for the tips.

[quote name='fairtrade']Picked up a used mint Growlanser Generations for $13.49, a used buffed Suikoden III for $7.19, a sealed Stella Deus for $19.99, and I may go back for a used SMT DDS1 LE for $13.49, but I don't think they had the soundtrack. I also scored many guides including personal copies of Makai Kingdom and Fire Emblem PoR. Thanks again to all the original posters for the tips.[/quote] Whoa! You came up huge dude. Congrats on your scores. Pick up the DDS. Who cares about the soundtrack if you want to play it. You're saving yourself from the Ebay prices.

I realize that now. The soundtrack is just in a paper sleeve and I can probably find one later, but the complete set is typically $40-50+ on eBay.

GG was a good score as well because it's 2x that much used at EBGS (which I almost paid anyways, glad I didn't now). I'll have to keep my eye out for a nicer copy of Suikoden, though, and trade mine in if I see one.

It really was a great day. I didn't get turned down but once, and I was totally expecting it because I never get anything at that particular store . One guy even pulled all the guides he was going to trash and let me pick stuff out. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it, but I was wearing my lucky old-school FFVII pre-order shirt. Seems like I always do better at getting guides when I wear a game shirt.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']Pick up the DDS. Who cares about the soundtrack if you want to play it. You're saving yourself from the Ebay prices.[/quote]

Well, I've managed to find one thing I wanted. I got a new copy of Astro Boy for the GBA at the Oregon City store last night. Unless they had one hiding behind the counter somewhere it's probably the last one. Better than nothing. :) I was hoping to get a used copy of Rayman 3 for the Gamecube as well since I remembered seeing one there on my last visit to that location late last month, but no luck. Oh well.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Well, I've managed to find one thing I wanted. I got a new copy of Astro Boy for the GBA at the Oregon City store last night. Unless they had one hiding behind the counter somewhere it's probably the last one. Better than nothing. :) I was hoping to get a used copy of Rayman 3 for the Gamecube as well since I remembered seeing one there on my last visit to that location late last month, but no luck. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking for the same at many other GC's (tried Wilsonville, Beaverton near Fred Meyer, 82nd, Gateway). I was going to try Oregon City sooner or later but now I won't bother ;). You didn't happen to see if they had a new Shrek Super Slam for the cube did you?

I picked up a new flyer in GC yesterday and it mentions a 20% trade-in bonus promo but it seems to be tied to preorders. The clerk wasn't sure how it worked but he made it sound like it only worked when you picked up a preorder. So, you have to preorder for $5, then bring trades in the day it comes out and pay the balance with your trade-ins, which will get a 20% boost. Is that right Scorch? Or does it work in the $5 deposit (which would be much better as you could preorder things that come out after the deal ends March 11th).

[quote name='io']So, you have to preorder for $5, then bring trades in the day it comes out and pay the balance with your trade-ins, which will get a 20% boost. Is that right Scorch?[/quote]

To my understanding, yes. I'm thinking that it'll get extended, considering the Pokemon games are on there.

But yes, it's at the time of purchase.

Mwahahahah

I just got a call from my Gamecrazy and 3 of the 4 games I special ordered when this sale started came in today. I didn't think I would get any, but I got the following:

Capcom vs. SNK 2 - PS2 $8 used/complete
Pure Evil 2 Pack - GC $8 Used/complete
Grand Theft Auto Trilogy - XB $15 NEW!!

I haven't picked them up yet, so hopefully they are in good/great shape!

[quote name='hotwls13']Mwahahahah

I just got a call from my Gamecrazy and 3 of the 4 games I special ordered when this sale started came in today. I didn't think I would get any, but I got the following:

Capcom vs. SNK 2 - PS2 $8 used/complete
Pure Evil 2 Pack - GC $8 Used/complete
Grand Theft Auto Trilogy - XB $15 NEW!!

I haven't picked them up yet, so hopefully they are in good/great shape![/QUOTE]

don't get too excited. i special ordered a game once and it sat there for 2 days. i called them around this time and they said "yep, its right here." when i arrived at the store a day later to pick it up, the friggin clerks couldn't even find the game and were like...."uh, we lost it. maybe a customer bought it!" They always put the special orders right in plain view of the customers right behind the counter, which pisses me off. i kindly asked if they could put it in the back next time... needless to say, i had to special order again and wait several weeks till another copy would arrive. AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

after they called me the 2nd time, then i called them and told them "could you make sure to put the game in the back, please!?!?" this time it was there, but it was missing the manual this time!....anyways. i love the store, but just sometimes you get a bad apple. lol.

Well, here's what transpired:

I get there, they have The Trilogy and Pure evil, but they can't find the Capcom. After searching for like 15 minutes (and seeing that I was willing to wait) they magically found it right by the register (where they had looked a few times already). Then the guy shows it to me. It's disc only with a printed case cover. I told them nevermind.

Anyway I did get the others. Trilogy is new/sealed and Pure Evil is complete/pretty good shape. One thing I didn't know about was that the $6 special order cost is in addition to the purchase price. I thought it was deducted off the price, but I guess it's used for shipping.

after a bit of hunting... today i finally got a used copy of skies of arcadia for gcube... and it was in mint condion complete with game manual and original case :)

bread's done
Back