2.60 Full Kernel Acess! and possible Downgrader?

Thats cool...I've gotten over the whole homebrew thing awhile ago since games started coming out for the PSP.

Still great news for people that want emulators and all that :)

I don't care too much for the SNES emulators. I'm all about the ISO's, baby! :D

I have Lumines, Burnout, Wipeout, SSX, Go Sudoku, and some other games for my 1.5.

Price = $0.00.

[quote name='Psyc']I don't care too much for the SNES emulators. I'm all about the ISO's, baby! :D

I have Lumines, Burnout, Wipeout, SSX, Go Sudoku, and some other games for my 1.5.

Price = $0.00.[/QUOTE]

you shouldn't be bragging about playing illegal iso's.

yeah I was gonna post those along w/ this:

the PSP mod chip, undiluted platinum

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Undiluted-...esh-Update-Installation-Guide/pg/49/aid/56524

it basically allows u to install a bios or firmware onto it,

then switch between PSP's main firmware and the firmware flashed onto the chip.

they've already released the 1.5 bios to be flashed into the chip:

http://pspupdates.qj.net/PSP-System-firmware-1-5-BIOS-for-Undiluted-Platinum-users-/pg/49/aid/57321

but that's nothing compared to the yet to be released epsilon bios:

http://www.qj.net/tags/Epsilon-BIOS/2391

which basically lets u do all homebrew and ISO loading on your current firmware (i.e. 2.7)

pretty amazing shit, I cant wait!

It seems there is now a working 2.5/2.6 downgrader that is supposed to work extremely well, but will brick TA-082 PSPs. pspupdates has more info / a link to the file in case anyones interested.

[quote name='zindsoros']It seems there is now a working 2.5/2.6 downgrader that is supposed to work extremely well, but will brick TA-082 PSPs. pspupdates has more info / a link to the file in case anyones interested.[/quote]

I guess I traded in the wrong fucking extra PSP...

[quote name='zindsoros']It seems there is now a working 2.5/2.6 downgrader that is supposed to work extremely well, but will brick TA-082 PSPs. pspupdates has more info / a link to the file in case anyones interested.[/QUOTE]
whatever you do dont use the downgrader yet. right now there are lots of problem.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Wait, so can I play emus on my 2.5 PSP now? I'm confused.[/quote]

It was/is already possible to play emus/roms on a 2.5, but you have to use the GTA exploit. What the kernal access does is it made the downgrader possible and has the potential to make a 2.5/2.6 psp as good as a 1.5 in terms of homebrew capability.

the downgrader is out!!!!

http://pspupdates.qj.net/-Breaking-News-2-50-2-60-Downgrader-v5-Beta-Released/pg/49/aid/57594

my PSP is currently at 2.0,

so what I gotta do is downgrade it back to 1.5,

dump the required files and save them somewhere,

upgrade it to 2.6,

then wait for the downgrader to be updated and more reliable!!!

chris in cali>> like the other person said, u can play emus on 2.5 via the GTA trick,

but with the PSP mod chip u may be able to straight up play them out of the psp menu.

JEKKI > You dont even have to upgrade it to 2.6 to downgrade. You can use the 2.0 downgrade

62t > The current v5 Beta downgrader has almost 100% success rate. I say almost 100% because the handful of people that bricked their PSP is because of their stupidity. Either they have a TA-082 motherboard on the PSP (non-downgradeable even with modchip), they ran out of room on their memory stick, battery wasnt full charged/battery died on them or they did something stupid to fudge up their PSP.

[quote name='Psyc']I don't care too much for the SNES emulators. I'm all about the ISO's, baby! :D

Price = $0.00.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. I'm all about being a complete fucking douche and playing illegal games 'cause I'm too impatient to wait until they're cheaper and too cheap to pay for them now.

[quote name='alongx']Yeah, me too. I'm all about being a complete fucking douche and playing illegal games 'cause I'm too impatient to wait until they're cheaper and too cheap to pay for them now.[/quote]

Zomg, people steal things on the internet!??! Thank god the music industry is safe from pirating..

Anyone try this yet? I tried but mine simply comes up 'Disc can not be read'. I must have the folders in the wrong directorys. What are the correct ones?

[quote name='gizmogc']Anyone try this yet? I tried but mine simply comes up 'Disc can not be read'. I must have the folders in the wrong directorys. What are the correct ones?[/QUOTE]

here is an update on
http://pspupdates.qj.net/
so, i'm guessing you did it correctly

" For those of you wondering why your UMDs say "Disc cannot be read," take your battery out of your PSP (for up to 5 minutes) and then put it back in your PSP. Your UMDs will then work! Thanks to ZFB8 and Pranav for the information. Pranav has also successfully downgraded his 2.60 White PSP (originally 2.50 JP) to 1.50, upgraded to 2.00, and back down to 1.50 sucessfully as well."

And now Im at the newest firmware. Screw it. I don't have as much inteest now to play some classic games on the PSP when my Xbox can do the same thing better :)

Now to try Loco Roco

[quote name='sonicfreak5']im going to wait awhile before i do this... maybe a month or so...[/QUOTE]

Its so easy its sick. There is no risk involved unless you don't read the obvious rules (Printed # on motherboard, original 2.7 fm).

yeah I think most of the ppl bricking their PSPs are becoz theyre doing it wrong,

anyway I already ripped the DOWNDATER files after downgrading my 2.0 to 1.5,

so now I can play syphon filter and MG acid 2 with more peace of mind

[quote name='gizmogc']Its so easy its sick. There is no risk involved unless you don't read the obvious rules (Printed # on motherboard, original 2.7 fm).[/quote]

alright is there like a good tutorial also i have to pick up GTA

Would it be possible or someone to send me the 1.5 files necessary to do the downgrade? I don't know anyone with a 1.5 PSP..how did you guys get yours?

[quote name='Bezerker']Just rent it, or buy a used one from Gamestop/EB/Gamerush and return it when your done[/QUOTE]haha yeah,

or jus ask them if u can try it,

do the deed, then give it back to them.

I was actually gonna return the copy I bought last week,

but I decided why not and now Im keeping it

(the reason being GTA has been patched to not allow the eloader,

u gotta get the version which makes u update 2.0, not the 2.6 version)

bread's done
Back