2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romeo']You must not be good at puzzles. I've never once failed those.

Why did a choose PS3 over 360? I killed it on Monday but haven't played much since, haven't had the time.[/QUOTE]
I'm mostly just trying to do a speed run on the game, since I likely won't keep it after I finish it. My ultimate plan is to trade it into BB during the current 100% promo and actually get back more than I paid for it(and Darksiders II) by PMing the 2/$60 there. That's likely why I was annoyed by the hacking mini game actually.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm mostly just trying to do a speed run on the game, since I likely won't keep it after I finish it. My ultimate plan is to trade it into BB during the current 100% promo and actually get back more than I paid for it(and Darksiders II) by PMing the 2/$60 there. That's likely why I was annoyed by the hacking mini game actually.[/QUOTE]

if you thought hacking from sleeping dogs was annoying, you would hate darksiders 2, the puzzle / maze thing in there is considered even worse

[quote name='YBX87']if you thought hacking from sleeping dogs was annoying, you would hate darksiders 2, the puzzle / maze thing in there is considered even worse[/QUOTE]
Worse than the rotating room puzzle in one of the first two God Of War games? Worse than the usual Silent Hill stuff? If not, then no problem.;)

If worse comes to worse though, I'll just Google the solutions in DS II rather than squander too much time putzing around to figure out the answer.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm mostly just trying to do a speed run on the game, since I likely won't keep it after I finish it. My ultimate plan is to trade it into BB during the current 100% promo and actually get back more than I paid for it(and Darksiders II) by PMing the 2/$60 there. That's likely why I was annoyed by the hacking mini game actually.[/QUOTE]

I thought about renting it but I check howlongtobeat.com to determine if it's a must buy or not. SD is perfect for me, Square Enix should have just named the game after me. Open world GTA style with AC fighting and set in China? Sold.

Don't speed run it, you'll ruin it. I played six hours on Monday throughout the day and night and haven't touched it since. I don't want to kill it and have it end too quickly.

[quote name='Romeo']I thought about renting it but I check howlongtobeat.com to determine if it's a must buy or not. SD is perfect for me, Square Enix should have just named the game after me. Open world GTA style with AC fighting and set in China? Sold.

Don't speed run it, you'll ruin it. I played six hours on Monday throughout the day and night and haven't touched it since. I don't want to kill it and have it end too quickly.[/QUOTE]

it is set in hong kong, LOL

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Worse than the rotating room puzzle in one of the first two God Of War games? Worse than the usual Silent Hill stuff? If not, then no problem.;)

If worse comes to worse though, I'll just Google the solutions in DS II rather than squander too much time putzing around to figure out the answer.;)[/QUOTE]

i never played any kind of god of war , or silent hill games, i do know ds II is more rpg concentrated, and what gear your char wear, and skills you get can make fighting against enemies easier, or harder.

[quote name='YBX87']it is set in hong kong, LOL[/QUOTE]

I know. ;)

Just wish the game was in mandarin, would understand it better.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I usually start out with 0123, then look to see if I got any right and if I did then it's trial and error till you get them into the right spots. Usually by then I'm out of chances to try hacking it.

Then the next time you try it the code needed to hack it is different.:whistle2:# So you gotta start from scratch.:cry:[/QUOTE]

It's a realllllly simple puzzle. It's extremely rare to get one that isn't solvable using the same strategy every time.

(the only time you should get it wrong is if you get 3 right on the first try, because then you only have 5 chances to guess the 4th number.)

just be methodical

shift any correct numbers to the right once
replace any wrong numbers with the next higher number. so if 2 and 3 were correct in the wrong position, make it

3452 if 4 and 5 are wrong, and 2/3 still incorrect,

2367 etc.

you'll solve it every single time in 6 tries, except for the extremely rare case mentioned above, where you'll still probably get it.

[quote name='Romeo']I thought about renting it but I check howlongtobeat.com to determine if it's a must buy or not. SD is perfect for me, Square Enix should have just named the game after me. Open world GTA style with AC fighting and set in China? Sold.

Don't speed run it, you'll ruin it. I played six hours on Monday throughout the day and night and haven't touched it since. I don't want to kill it and have it end too quickly.[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong. I like the game. But I just don't see the lasting appeal of it for me. Now if it had some sort of multiplayer free roam, it might become my next GTA type game I play nightly just trying to see how high I can free climb.

I'm actually kind of shocked that PETA hasn't latched onto this game as of yet to protest it for the use of cock fighting in the game though.

[quote name='affa']It's a realllllly simple puzzle. It's extremely rare to get one that isn't solvable using the same strategy every time.

(the only time you should get it wrong is if you get 3 right on the first try, because then you only have 5 chances to guess the 4th number.)

just be methodical

shift any correct numbers to the right once
replace any wrong numbers with the next higher number. so if 2 and 3 were correct in the wrong position, make it

3452 if 4 and 5 are wrong, and 2/3 still incorrect,

2367 etc.

you'll solve it every single time in 6 tries, except for the extremely rare case mentioned above, where you'll still probably get it.[/QUOTE]
Interesting strategy. I've been kind of using the same method, but I must keep missing the right spot for one of the numbers that's right but in the wrong spot too often.

[quote name='YBX87']i never played any kind of god of war , or silent hill games, i do know ds II is more rpg concentrated, and what gear your char wear, and skills you get can make fighting against enemies easier, or harder.[/QUOTE]
So then I can likely use any already published online strategy to find the best items to wear versus which enemies, find and use those items and finish the game quicker then? Got it.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't get me wrong. I like the game. But I just don't see the lasting appeal of it for me. Now if it had some sort of multiplayer free roam, it might become my next GTA type game I play nightly just trying to see how high I can free climb.

I'm actually kind of shocked that PETA hasn't latched onto this game as of yet to protest it for the use of cock fighting in the game though.[/QUOTE]

1) it's a game
2) it takes place in another country, where said entertainment is allowed

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But still, these activist groups seem to like to bitch about stuff like this, so I am still kinda shocked about the lack of attention on this game.[/QUOTE]

i think it only applies in the US

I went to my Toys r us today in Winston Salem, NC. I was looking for 4 games. NCAA Football 13, Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2, and The Amazing Spider Man. All for the PS3. The Amazing Spider Man was the only one in stock. I tried to price match at my local Best Buy. I brought the TRU ad with me. I was told that they could only price match on items that TRU had in stock only. Huh? I gave up and went to Walmart with the TRU ad and they price matched with no problem. I purchased all 4 games for $120 not including tax. Walmart has a true price match unlike their competitors.

[quote name='bigsgg']I went to my Toys r us today in Winston Salem, NC. I was looking for 4 games. NCAA Football 13, Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2, and The Amazing Spider Man. All for the PS3. The Amazing Spider Man was the only one in stock. I tried to price match at my local Best Buy. I brought the TRU ad with me. I was told that they could only price match on items that TRU had in stock only. Huh? I gave up and went to Walmart with the TRU ad and they price matched with no problem. I purchased all 4 games for $120 not including tax. Walmart has a true price match unlike their competitors.[/QUOTE]

A year agree it couldn't be further from the truth. WM changed a lot this year.

[quote name='cometcoil']i heard a few pages back that amazon price matched this deal. is that true?[/QUOTE]

Did you check....?

[quote name='cometcoil']i heard a few pages back that amazon price matched this deal. is that true?[/QUOTE]

I would have to say that isn't true as if it were then the threads would have exploded.

Either someone was trolling or a very lucky user convinced Sanjay to PM the deal for him in which case it is YMMV and would be nearly impossible to replicate

If they had Fall of Cybertron on that list it would still suck... Now if they allowed ANY games plus pre ordered games on yeah..... Assassin's Creed 3 with Borderlands 2..

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But still, these activist groups seem to like to bitch about stuff like this, so I am still kinda shocked about the lack of attention on this game.[/QUOTE]

They are still too busy trying to stick it to Mario for that fur suit of his...

To be fair, the organizations that bitch about these kinds of things are just trying to get press on animal mistreatment in real life, they're not actually upset about digital chickens. but if you make a big deal out of the digital chickens, you get coverage on the actual mistreatment of real chickens in cock fighting.

i found the cock fighting pretty stupid, to be honest. first, i disliked betting on it. but more importantly, it was like a coin flip that lasted 2 minutes. and you needed to make $1 million for that darn trophy.

I had no problems pm'ing this at BBY, just had to show the mgr the ad on my phone which shows "2 for $60". Very nice since the BBY versions of D2 come with the lenticular cover & Comic & Sleeping dogs has some DLC.

[quote name='superhippy1986']If they had Fall of Cybertron on that list it would still suck... Now if they allowed ANY games plus pre ordered games on yeah..... Assassin's Creed 3 with Borderlands 2..[/QUOTE]

So aka, what you want is the MSRP of all games to be $30. Good luck.

[quote name='nightmare452']So aka, what you want is the MSRP of all games to be $30. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

but only if you buy two at the same time. Big distinction.

Looks like my SD has been cancelled. Refund in my account today. Good thing I went to my local store and got the last one there as a backup. I think this seals it: I'm tired of dealing with TRU.

I'm gonna be "that guy", and I'm sorry, but I'm on vacation so my ability to search this thread is severely limited. Has anyone had any success getting BB to pricematch this retroactively if they bought them at release? And if so, would they have had to been purchased on the same receipt? Thanks for any help.

[quote name='argyle']I'm gonna be "that guy", and I'm sorry, but I'm on vacation so my ability to search this thread is severely limited. Has anyone had any success getting BB to pricematch this retroactively if they bought them at release? And if so, would they have had to been purchased on the same receipt? Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

The Sleeping Dogs I got from TRU this past Sunday, I returned to GameStop with my original receipt for $64.XX back on my card... since I know they don't price match. Weird thing was I paid for SD with store credit, but preordered a game with $5 from my debit card on the same receipt. I'm not complaining. :cold:

I only wanted Sleeping Dogs. I asked the TRU customer service before purchasing what would happen if I decided to return one later (unopened of course). They said I would get back $30. I bought SD and Darksiders 2 and returned D2 before leaving the store. Basically, you can get whichever game you want for $30, but you have to purchase two and return one. Enjoy!

So... The BB stores from Noho to Bryant Park will not PM this deal. One manager didn't say he might if I can get a physical print of the ad.

Unfortunately the TRU in Times Square does not have the ad... Right? The only game I want is Darksiders 2.

Had my dad pick up my games while I was in class today since he works across the street from my local BestBuy. Had him trade in 5 games for $88 and he picked me up Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs (no GSP pack sadly, he said they didn't have any copies with it, anyone not gonna use there's, for xbox 360? maybe we can work something out) and he got me The Witcher 2 enhanced Edition, all sealed in perfect condition. My Dad of the Year award goes to him ;D

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']Had my dad pick up my games while I was in class today since he works across the street from my local BestBuy. Had him trade in 5 games for $88 and he picked me up Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs (no GSP pack sadly, he said they didn't have any copies with it, anyone not gonna use there's, for xbox 360? maybe we can work something out) and he got me The Witcher 2 enhanced Edition, all sealed in perfect condition. My Dad of the Year award goes to him ;D[/QUOTE]

are u still in high school? my dad always hated me playing video games, ever since i can remember.

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']Had my dad pick up my games while I was in class today since he works across the street from my local BestBuy. Had him trade in 5 games for $88 and he picked me up Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs (no GSP pack sadly, he said they didn't have any copies with it, anyone not gonna use there's, for xbox 360? maybe we can work something out) and he got me The Witcher 2 enhanced Edition, all sealed in perfect condition. My Dad of the Year award goes to him ;D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='YBX87']are u still in high school? my dad always hated me playing video games, ever since i can remember.[/QUOTE]

Lol, or that's a female poster. Chicks love using their dad for stuff. And my dad never hated me playing games (mom did/does) but he would never go do something like that for me. He would of said "wtf? wait till you get out of class and do it yourself"

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Lol, or that's a female poster. Chicks love using their dad for stuff. And my dad never hated me playing games (mom did/does) but he would never go do something like that for me. He would of said "wtf? wait till you get out of class and do it yourself"[/QUOTE]

LOL my dad says the exact thing if i ever asked him to pick up a game. my mom dislike me playing video games, but she usually does not say anything about, and just shakes her head in disapproval, or ignores it. my dad will tell me why are you wasting money on games.

[quote name='YBX87']LOL my dad says the exact thing if i ever asked him to pick up a game. my mom dislike me playing video games, but she usually does not say anything about, and just shakes her head in disapproval, or ignores it. my dad will tell me why are you wasting money on games.[/QUOTE]
My poppa would also say "why are you wasting time on videogames?"

Well... Live from Times Square! TRU at does not have Sleeping Dogs nor Darksiders 2.

Managed to finally score Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2 at Albuquerque's Best Buy. Sleeping Dogs had either been sold out or held for customers the past few days. Nice to score these along with the $10 gift card from the $50 deal.

[quote name='YBX87']are u still in high school? my dad always hated me playing video games, ever since i can remember.[/QUOTE]

lol yup, High School CAG. My dad doesn't care about me having him pick up games since it's just across the road and I barely have him do it. My parents say as long as I get my homework done and do my chores they don't care what I do, like play video games or watch Netflix. My mom's the CAG equivalent when it comes to buying Scrapbook supplies and is a crazy deal-shopper so she's raised me well! :D

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']lol yup, High School CAG. My dad doesn't care about me having him pick up games since it's just across the road and I barely have him do it. My parents say as long as I get my homework done and do my chores they don't care what I do, like play video games or watch Netflix. My mom's the CAG equivalent when it comes to buying Scrapbook supplies and is a crazy deal-shopper so she's raised me well! :D[/QUOTE]

Glad to see children still being raised right, says the ancient 32 year old.

Got SD delivered to my house today from BB. A quick call to customer care with the case number i had (i made sure they would do the PM before the order) and i got the PM no prob.

Edit: of course the copy i need to return has the GSP pack vs my first copy that doesnt

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lude21']Pm'ed DS2 and MW3 at Walmart. Only really wanted DS2 , so I returned MW3 at the front desk, lol.[/QUOTE]

Did you get back the $60 or $30?

bread's done
Back