2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neil1115']I am amazed at all the people that got BB to price match. Seems like I was the only one to get turned down...twice actually. Both stores told me that its a bundle and their price match policy doesn't cover bundle deals once matching an actual price on one item which I think is a bunch of BS it turned out ok in the end because I got wal-mart to do it no problem but I don't know what is up with these two idiot stores when everyone else is doing it.[/QUOTE]
Don't feel so bad dude. I got rejected at 4 BB stores!

All in NYC:
Noho
Union Square
Chelsea
Bryant Park

I failed hardcore on this one! So... With that said... I'm the biggest loser!

AND I couldn't find what I wanted in TRU! That's gotta be the icing on the cake.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Don't feel so bad dude. I got rejected at 4 BB stores!

All in NYC:
Noho
Union Square
Chelsea
Bryant Park

AND I couldn't find what I wanted in TRU! That's gotta be the icing on the cake.[/QUOTE]

You know you have a CAG community. Could have asked one of us to cop what you were looking for. Shipping wouldn't have been that bad either since I'm from MA & you're NY ;)

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Don't feel so bad dude. I got rejected at 4 BB stores![/QUOTE]

[quote name='davisdj']You know you have a CAG community. Could have asked one of us to cop what you were looking for. Shipping wouldn't have been that bad either since I'm from MA & you're NY ;)[/QUOTE]
Exactly, I could have picked 2 up for you, shipping First Class is only about $4 for 2 games, beats all that gas money. I do have 8.75% tax though...;(

I got the Best Buy at the Plant in San Jose to PM this without any hassles. The folks at that Best Buy have been very nice to me.

If you need the games, both the BB as well as TRU next door have a ton of all the games in stock.

[quote name='NewYorkHitta']Couldn't get any the 3 bestbuys in my area to price match. Ugh.

Sounds like its a NYC thing.[/QUOTE]

I do say this often and I do mean it: make friends in retail.

[quote name='TooPoor']Exactly, I could have picked 2 up for you, shipping First Class is only about $4 for 2 games, beats all that gas money. I do have 8.75% tax though...;([/QUOTE]

WA has 9.5% tax I feel your pain :cry:

Great experience price matching at BB since I had a gift card from trade-ins. Sales manager was very nice and said he welcomed pm if it gets people to buy from BB. They did verify the sale at TRU by going online because I just had the ad page printout.

[quote name='gabolous']Is NCAA as bad as everyone is saying?[/QUOTE]

Hell no,
I'm having a blast with NCAA 13. Especially now that I've gotten the rosters straighten out.
I've been playing that more than Madden.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Hell no,
I'm having a blast with NCAA 13. Especially now that I've gotten the rosters straighten out.
I've been playing that more than Madden.[/QUOTE]

Can multiple users play on one team in dynasty?

[quote name='gabolous']Can multiple users play on one team in dynasty?[/QUOTE]

And by bad I meant bugs, glitches, and freezes

I went to my local BB to price match and at first they were only letting me get the 360 versions, but one of the managers told the cashier to give me the PS3 versions of the games I wanted (Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs). I also used a $10 coupon I had from August online pickups and got both for $50. So awesome!

man. so i was going to get Prototype 2 and Darksiders 2, but some of you thankfully warned me that I could get P2 with a gamers club subscription for 20.

So I ended up pricematching Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2 for 60 (gonna flip SD for a slight profit since i already plat'd it). But... my BB was out of magazines, so the manager gave me P2 for $20 since it was their fault they didn't have any mags, so I didn't even need to buy a subscription.

So, out the door for $80, hopefully can sell SD for around $5 profit (after fees)... so basically, $45 for DS2 and Prototype 2. No complaints here, since I'd have spent $60 for both last Saturday if they'd been in stock.

Thanks for the heads up, people.

I'll probably get the magazine sub next month. Or whenever the next good coupon (for my needs) is.

Just to be clear Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs have been out of stock since last sunday morning correct?

I want to make sure I didn't miss a restock on their website. I had been checking regulary but have been out of town the last two days

[quote name='paean']I found SD and D2 at a TRU, amazingly enough. Not sure if I should keep since I won't be able to play them till Dec.[/QUOTE]

If you don't want to keep it you should consider trading it in to Game Stop. If you are a powerup rewards member then you get 60% trade in value on top of the base value due to a promotion that is going on. Best Buy also has 100% trade in value I think if you are a gamer zone rewards member so you could weigh your options. I was going to do this but TRU only had 1 copy of darksiders 2 and no copies of sleeping dogs. I think you can get around 70+ or so with trade in values so you would essentially make $10+ or so which could be used towards another game.

Still, this only applies if you actually shop at Game Stop or don't mind trading in the games towards different games. At the end of the day you are still getting 2 good games for half price / the price of one.

[quote name='D.Choy']If you don't want to keep it you should consider trading it in to Game Stop. If you are a powerup rewards member then you get 60% trade in value on top of the base value due to a promotion that is going on. Best Buy also has 100% trade in value I think if you are a gamer zone rewards member so you could weigh your options. I was going to do this but TRU only had 1 copy of darksiders 2 and no copies of sleeping dogs. I think you can get around 70+ or so with trade in values so you would essentially make $10+ or so which could be used towards another game.

Still, this only applies if you actually shop at Game Stop or don't mind trading in the games towards different games. At the end of the day you are still getting 2 good games for half price / the price of one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I am a PUR member, but I don't shop there too often. The problem is even if I make $10, I don't want to buy anything at GS, so I should just keep the games. I just have a feeling that SD will plummet in MSRP in a month so even at $30 will be too much.

All in NYC:
Noho
Union Square
Chelsea
Bryant Park

AND I couldn't find what I wanted in TRU! That's gotta be the icing on the cake.[/QUOTE]

All the Manhattan stores suck; they shot me down plenty of times on pricematching. You're better off in Brooklyn or Queens. The Manhattan ones seem to think they're special because they're in Manhattan. The mega TRU at Times Square generally has jack too, especially when it's a sale.

I actually got SD and NCAA (flipped it 10 minutes later at BB) at TRU on Flatbush in Brooklyn, although I did go early Sunday morning. I was shocked to see anything in stock, let alone a decent amount; usually TRU fails when it comes to stocking recent games.

managed to get 2 copies of darksiders 2 on late saturday, they had none on the shelf but the guy working on the gaming section was very nice and told me "you know what, we have a bunch of copies in the back!" man was i lucky, 1 copy for my brother, the other a gift for a friend on his birthday, amazing game

All in NYC:
Noho
Union Square
Chelsea
Bryant Park

Tell me about it. I couldn't do it because it is considered a "bundle" deal. If the regular store manager was in he would have done an override. But the one on duty wasn't willing to budge.

Oh well a BB lost sale then. Went to TRU about a block away and got MW3 (traded in my copy during the BB sell) and Sleeping Dogs.

Just got an email from Toys R Us stating that they're shipping out Sleeping Dogs to my house for $34.20. I put my order in around 8 am Sunday morning, and with their apparent low stock, everything was OOS already. I'm not sure if they'll send me Darksiders II eventually but I'm not counting on it.

Thank goodness I did a price match at Best Buy and received the pre-order bonus copies for each game.

I was able to get my order in Sunday morning. Shipped on the 4th through ups mail innovations. Who dropped it off at at 1am yesterday at USPS. Now they ate telling me I need to wait till Sept 18th. Ugggggg.

While the deal is awesome this is my worst experience ever. TRU does not even call the carrier. At this point I am not sure I even want the games. Frustrated.

i got darksiders 2 for ps3 (last one there) and xbox 360. platted the ps3 version, then traded in both games into gamestop towards borderlands 2 with 30% extra credit, so darksiders 2 was basically free since i was gonna buy borderlands 2 day one anyway.

bread's done
Back