2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really hoping this is online as well. It almost has to be, given the reports of VERY limited stock on games in-store and the fact that people are clearing out those stocks pre-sale to ensure they get in on it. If it's not online the sale's pretty much over before it even begins, unless they all have secret stashes in the back rooms that they can't talk about until the sale goes live.

Once it's 12am today (essentially tomorrow) They should have removed the current ad to make way for next weeks. Which is what this deal is slated for from 9/2-9/8. With that ad print some pages out(whatever's necessary) make sure some sort of date is in it then PM @ BB I hate TRU shipping takes too long. To make any use of this deal its best to PM

sleeping dogs looks pretty solid,
ncaa football was going to trade in for madden 13 at best buy but reviews of it are horrible, plus ncaa has its own issues :roll:

what to do

[quote name='Mr. Universe']definitely getting Darksiders II but with Prototype 2 or Amazing Spiderman?[/QUOTE]

Amazing Spiderman since the latest @Gamer magazine has a coupon for $30 off Prototype 2. It's possible Best Buy will have a sale on it within the next month, and that would lower the price below the $30 you'd spend getting it through this deal.

Yes,
TRU ad in the Sunday paper has it in it.
2 for $60-must buy two-valid for Xbox and PS 3
And then shows the cover of each of the games.

I guess if you wanted to push it, you could say the ad doesn't say it has to be two of THESE games....

[quote name='Flacksguy']Yes,
TRU ad in the Sunday paper has it in it.
2 for $60-must buy two-valid for Xbox and PS 3
And then shows the cover of each of the games.

I guess if you wanted to push it, you could say the ad doesn't say it has to be two of THESE games....[/QUOTE]

Do you have a physical copy you can take a picture of and upload? or no?
To be honest besides these games nothing is really worth it. Maybe Madden 13 and if Borderlands 2 was released earlier what other games did you have in mind?

100_2212.jpg

Here's another with the date in it

100_2213.jpg

Thinking of getting Sleeping Dogs & Darksiders 2. I'm off today but working tomorrow and wouldn't be able to go to the store.

What's the general consensus about buying today and then price adjusting later in the week? Would TRU do it? Could I just bring the receipt in or would I need to keep the games sealed and bring them back as well for the adjustment. And finally, is it kinda scummy to do that?

[quote name='osugsxr']sleeping dogs looks pretty solid,
ncaa football was going to trade in for madden 13 at best buy but reviews of it are horrible, plus ncaa has its own issues :roll:

what to do[/QUOTE]

The reviews for Madden are the best they have been in years and I have been playing it pretty much non-stop. What on earth makes you think it's horrible? Have you checked out the demo?

People are bitching about no franchise mode and fantasy draft for Madden. I only play online with friends so could care less. Gameplay wise its best Madden ever.

[quote name='chriscolbert']The reviews for Madden are the best they have been in years and I have been playing it pretty much non-stop. What on earth makes you think it's horrible? Have you checked out the demo?[/QUOTE]

People read reviews and like everything else they read on the Internet they believe it...lol. The game is amazing.

Edit: I don't even think I've seen a bad review...

[quote name='Flacksguy']
100_2212.jpg

Here's another with the date in it

100_2213.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Perfect, is there no date on the top of the page? It would be much more convenient to single out the one deal and the date up top rather than the whole page for the date on another deal. But regardless thank you for taking to shoot these. I have some peace of mind now lol i think everyone here does. I went to my TRU all the have is babysrus ads -.-

Wait excuse my ignorance but these Sunday ads...they come in the newspaper? Not a sale flyer in the store? :S I don't read the paper so I wouldnt know

For what it is worth sleeping dogs is kick ass I have it for the pc. Very under rated. That should be a no brainer. Question how is spiderman?

[quote name='gepet0']For what it is worth sleeping dogs is kick ass I have it for the pc. Very under rated. That should be a no brainer. Question how is spiderman?[/QUOTE]

Not worth it at least not in this sale. You should try to sell one of the other games to a friend and wait for Spiderman to drop to $20 because it's not worth $30 It's quite average, fun but not smooth enough like Sleeping Dogs to be worth it.

Hmm, Batman AC isn't the GOTY edition. Looks like it's going to be Sleeping Dogs and Spiderman for me. Darksiders II is tempting as well, though I missed the first game...

From what I've heard you don't have to have played the first Darksiders to play the second, they're separate stories that DO kind of meet in the middle but then go their separate ways again. It's like with comic books. There's the occasional crossover but for the most part you're not required to follow both series.

I'm in for Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs, like almost everyone else it would seem. I'm really hoping it's online though, as it's very doubtful the nearest Toys R Us will still have both games and Price Matching is a gamble as Best Buy doesn't HAVE to price match, it's not their policy. It's a game of chance, and I'd rather not drive 40 minutes to find they won't do it.

[quote name='chriscolbert']The reviews for Madden are the best they have been in years and I have been playing it pretty much non-stop. What on earth makes you think it's horrible? Have you checked out the demo?[/QUOTE]

Yes, read reviews on amazon. Mainly its about franchise mode, personally I like the looks of it and game play looks excellent. I hardly play video games that much anymore and for the price its not bad deal. Sleeping dogs is alot like gta been years since I've played that, trade in college football (possibly keep it) to best buy for madden.

[quote name='ghostman123']From what I've heard you don't have to have played the first Darksiders to play the second, they're separate stories that DO kind of meet in the middle but then go their separate ways again. It's like with comic books. There's the occasional crossover but for the most part you're not required to follow both series.

I'm in for Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs, like almost everyone else it would seem. I'm really hoping it's online though, as it's very doubtful the nearest Toys R Us will still have both games and Price Matching is a gamble as Best Buy doesn't HAVE to price match, it's not their policy. It's a game of chance, and I'd rather not drive 40 minutes to find they won't do it.[/QUOTE]

Call ahead bro. Or find their store online and email the manager attach the ad ask if he'd PM a deal like this and you have your answer. That's what I did.(email)

I called my local Best Buy and they said they wouldn't price match this deal, even with a physical ad, so it really depends on the place. Luckily I called the closest Toys R Us and they said they had "several" of Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs but weren't aware of the upcoming sale. I'll see if I can get them to hold those tomorrow when they open. Anyone here have any luck getting Toys R Us to hold items in the past?

Not to derail the thread, but Madden 13 is pretty good and I'm not a big Madden fan.
Not sure what Franchise Mode actually is, but I've read alot of people crying about how they can't play a season offline. I don't know what they're talking about though, because I started a season with the Giants last night witthout a problem.

I've heard the controls for Madden and NCAA 13 are the same, so I'll definately keep NCAA out of this deal.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Not to derail the thread, but Madden 13 is pretty good and I'm not a big Madden fan.
Not sure what Franchise Mode actually is, but I've read alot of people crying about how they can't play a season offline. I don't know what they're talking about though, because I started a season with the Giants last night witthout a problem.

I've heard the controls for Madden and NCAA 13 are the same, so I'll definately keep NCAA out of this deal.[/QUOTE]

I own Madden 13 already and I missed that NCAA 13 was apart of this deal, upon checking best buy with 100 percent trade you could trade Ncaa 13 for 40 Gift Card right now. I may be waiting for the eventuall bargin bin on ASM and picking up NCAA 13 and Sleeping Dogs now and trading NCAA 13 in 5 mins after I leave TRU. If this deal does go down my TRU has loads of NCAA 13 and Sleeping Dogs.

I rarely ever shop at TRU, but this deal looks pretty good since I want two of those games bad. In order to get this deal do I need the ad or can I just go in and buy the games?

[quote name='gldoorii']I rarely ever shop at TRU, but this deal looks pretty good since I want two of those games bad. In order to get this deal do I need the ad or can I just go in and buy the games?[/QUOTE]
They won't force you to have the TRU ad in order to get it at TRU

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']Amazing Spider-man and Sleeping Dogs for me.[/QUOTE]

I'd be careful with spiderman. Beat it in 7 days, 16 hours of play time, 100% completion.

If you ever played the first Assassin's Creed, it's a clone of that.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Not to derail the thread, but Madden 13 is pretty good and I'm not a big Madden fan.

I've heard the controls for Madden and NCAA 13 are the same, so I'll definately keep NCAA out of this deal.[/QUOTE]

Give it some time. 26th post down.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/572570-september-11th-patch-news.html

[quote name='dan77733']Anyone know if this is 100% confirmed yet or still just speculation?[/QUOTE]

100% confirmed. Look at page 16. What's still up in the air is whether or not the sale is also online. So far we only have confirmation from a physical ad.

[quote name='Romeo']I'd be careful with spiderman. Beat it in 7 days, 16 hours of play time, 100% completion.

If you ever played the first Assassin's Creed, it's a clone of that.[/QUOTE]

My Spider-Man fan goggles may blind me. I am leaning towards a buy and flip to best buy on NCAA 13 now.

[quote name='ghostman123']100% confirmed. Look at page 16. What's still up in the air is whether or not the sale is also online. So far we only have confirmation from a physical ad.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Thanks. I'm getting four copies of Sleeping Dogs and two copies of NCAA 13. I'll trade in NCAA 13 to Best Buy for $84, sell three copies of SD on ebay for $40 each (after fees, etc.)...thus getting back the $200 and still having my own personal copy of SD for free. :)

[quote name='dan77733']Nice. Thanks. I'm getting four copies of Sleeping Dogs and two copies of NCAA 13. I'll trade in NCAA 13 to Best Buy for $84, sell three copies of SD on ebay for $40 each (after fees, etc.)...thus getting back the $200 and still having my own personal copy of SD for free. :)[/QUOTE]

meanwhile people like us will go to the store you went to and be SOL because you hoarded all the copies.

then, because of this sale, the price will drop online and you'll end up not making nearly as much money as you plan on.

yea, thanks dude.

[quote name='affa']meanwhile people like us will go to the store you went to and be SOL because you hoarded all the copies.

then, because of this sale, the price will drop online and you'll end up not making nearly as much money as you plan on.

yea, thanks dude.[/QUOTE]

everyone loses! :applause:

[quote name='CaseX']Free market capitalism. It's not a new concept...[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm a big believer in this as well. Prices will readjust accordingly. If people want to try to make extra money by doing this then more power to them. Sort of what this country was founded on. Personally, after I calculate what is involved versus my time, effort and doing other things mostly it isn't worth it to me. I made the mistake of thinking it would be fun yesterday during my time off to go wait on line for my kicks instead of paying my reseller guy his 60 bucks to get me a pair. I got them but let's say never again.

BTW, SD and DS2 for me!

TRU is full of crap with this sale... I'm here in Calif. And I called to verify stock on DS2 and SD and the TRU member said only one store in whole Calif. Had one of each.... With that said TRU can suck a phat one.

Yeah, I think I'm going out right now to pre-buy at TRU. Stopped at two BB's this morning and asked both gaming dept clerk and manager if they would price match, immediate response without even thinking was "No, because it is a bundle/package deal." Then I remember how deals like this never got PMd for me in the past..

Just want Sleeping Dogs, gonna toss it up b/t Spiderman and Darksiders 2 even though my gut tells me Spiderman will be less than $30 any day now and DS 2 maybe in 2 months. I don't plan to play either..

[quote name='affa']meanwhile people like us will go to the store you went to and be SOL because you hoarded all the copies.

yea, thanks dude.[/QUOTE]

People have done this to me and I dont complain. If I go to TRU and someone beats me to the games then so be it, no biggie. And quite honestly, stores should have way more than just a few copies when there's a sale. Of course, I think that they do but keep it backstocked.

And I didnt buy the games yet. I'm going tomorrow. If I get them, I get them. If not, no biggie.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Dammit, just bought Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs at full price. Cheap ass gaming fail![/QUOTE]

Buy these from the sale, and return the sealed games using the previous receipt...not that hard was it?

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Dammit, just bought Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs at full price. Cheap ass gaming fail![/QUOTE]

Paying full price is always a fail, cheap ass gamer or not.

[quote name='Gscept']TRU is full of crap with this sale... I'm here in Calif. And I called to verify stock on DS2 and SD and the TRU member said only one store in whole Calif. Had one of each.... With that said TRU can suck a phat one.[/QUOTE]

If you actually believed something so obviously incorrect, then I don't even know what to say.

[quote name='dan77733']People have done this to me and I dont complain. If I go to TRU and someone beats me to the games then so be it, no biggie. And quite honestly, stores should have way more than just a few copies when there's a sale. Of course, I think that they do but keep it backstocked.

And I didnt buy the games yet. I'm going tomorrow. If I get them, I get them. If not, no biggie.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's usually just best to say "I'm going to take part in this deal" without going into specifics. If you say that you're going to exploit this deal in any sort of way, people jump you like mountain lions. It's sort of like the chickfil-a guy; Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut, than to throw yourself directly into the fire.

I might take part in this deal, but honestly I have a huge backlog of games, and I expect Sleeping dogs to go 20 eventually. Plus it's freaking hard to find any good deals out here. It took me 7 different bestbuys to find a KOA to buy with the coupon, and even then I had to ask like 3 guys to go look for the last copy
in the back. So yeah, probably not going to find SD when I try.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Yeah, it's usually just best to say "I'm going to take part in this deal" without going into specifics. If you say that you're going to exploit this deal in any sort of way, people jump you like mountain lions.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is that the people who complain do the same thing but keep it to themselves and just because they do, doesnt make them any better. Besides, I go to one TRU and thats it. I get what I want or I dont. Either way, its all good.

I will go right at open tomorrow. Don't want to go the 10 miles to the store, and back just to have to repeat it tomorrow.

If there isnt a sleeping dogs and darksiders available, i know it wasn't meant to be

bread's done
Back