2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ghostman123']Anyone think there's a chance of the games selling out online in 5 hours like the BB Blow Out sale? I'm trying to decide whether I should just order them online now or try my luck at getting them in store (even after I call to see if they have any in stock it's about a 50 minute drive to the nearest TRU) with online being a second resort. I've heard their shipping is infamously slow.[/QUOTE]

thats what I'm questioning, order now or wait till 10 to purchase them at the store. Checked in store pick up of NCAA and its not in stock.

Online working for anyone else? I'm still getting full price when I hit the order confirmation screen.

Edit: Nevermind, had to remove and readd the items in my cart. DS2/Sleeping Dogs Get!

[quote name='osugsxr']thats what I'm questioning, order now or wait till 10 to purchase them at the store. Checked in store pick up of NCAA and its not in stock.[/QUOTE]

well I called my store and they only had 2 copies each so I say hell no order online (no waking up early, no guessing) I'm sure you have a backlog to play till they arive....everyone does!!!

Can I get an AMEN

[quote name='ray2dee']well I called my store and they only had 2 copies each so I say hell no order online (no waking up early, no guessing) I'm sure you have a backlog to play till they arive....everyone does!!![/QUOTE]

No, backlog traded all games in at best buy for the 100% trade in. Mainly played MW3, looking to get sleeping dogs and ncaa. NCAA trade in for madden at Best buy though. Thats not good to hear only 2 copies of each! Looking to be at the store once they open too.

[quote name='ray2dee']well I called my store and they only had 2 copies each so I say hell no order online (no waking up early, no guessing) I'm sure you have a backlog to play till they arive....everyone does!!!

Can I get an AMEN[/QUOTE]

Nope, I got a PS3 2 months ago, all 3 Uncharted games, both Bioshocks, AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations. Beat all 7 of them and that's all I have at the moment. No backlog whatsover. That's why waiting a week and a half or however long it takes to ship could suck.

Thanks op. Ordered Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II for Xbox. Was really tempted to get Amazing Spider-Man, but I'm sure it will be $20-30 during holidays.

Looks like Sleeping Dogs for PS3 is now out of stock online. I think a lot of these game will sell out online in the next few hours.
-Edit- Sleeping Dogs for 360 is now out of stock online.

Well this is stupid. I had 2 copies of SD in my cart. Went to check out. It asked me for my credit card security code. I entered it and submitted the order, then nothing happened. It didn't show me an order confirmation screen and the order doesn't show on my orders page.

Now it tells me there are no copies left in stock. WTF?

[quote name='lilman']Looks like Sleeping Dogs for PS3 is now out of stock online. I think a lot of these game will sell out online in the next few hours.[/QUOTE]

Damn, looks like now I don't have a choice but to try my luck in store. I wonder if they'll go back in stock online during the week? It does no good marking the sale 9/2-8 if it only lasts one day.

Same thing happened to me ginger junk. I got up and tried at 6 am and it \wouldn't go through and an hour and a half latter sold out. I call BS. What did they have 3 copies

I tried to buy Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II (both Xbox 360.) Used PayPal, clicked the submit order button, and was sent to a blank page. Maybe it was because Sleeping Dogs was actually out of stock?

[quote name='rogus']Same thing happened to me ginger junk. I got up and tried at 6 am and it \wouldn't go through and an hour and a half latter sold out. I call BS. What did they have 3 copies[/QUOTE]

No, it's people who are buying two of the same game (or 4) so those of us who are just trying to get one of each we want don't stand a chance. I hate hoarders, they ruin the deals for the rest of us.

[quote name='ghostman123']No, it's people who are buying two of the same game (or 4) so those of us who are just trying to get one of each we want don't stand a chance. I hate hoarders, they ruin the deals for the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

It's so they can trade or sell online for more. i hate those dousches, if there are any of you on here, i dont mean it personally but i mean come on!

all i know is i hope they get more copies of darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs in stock cause i have all the others off the list so those two are my only option. Of course, knowing my luck it probably wont happen. i never get to benefit from these great deals!

Yea, I have a feeling some of our fellow CAGers screwed the rest of us over by scooping up a ridiculous amount of copies.

Just ordered my copies of Sleeping Dogs for 360 and Darksiders II on PS3 for a penney more than one game would've been! I love these deals...

I was getting a "limited stock" message on Sleeping Dogs 360 and it kept getting knocked out of my cart. Said eff it and snagged Maijin for five bucks on Amazon and after a few minutes came back to TRU for poops and grins.

Lo and behold, it allowed me to get Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II ... there go my plans to finally play Dead Space 2.

EDIT: Well, it looks as if Sleeping Dogs is backordered. Joy. On the plus side, Darksiders II is shipping at the $30 price point ...

Darksiders 2 for PS3 is sold out online now too. And there goes all interest I had in this sale. Will still try to get some in store. Any of you have luck getting them to hold games for a few hours in the past? Any chance of that working?

[quote name='djduke316']Just ordered my copies of Sleeping Dogs for 360 and Darksiders II on PS3 for a penney more than one game would've been! I love these deals...[/QUOTE]

How the hell???? It was sold out for me and still is.

Deal is live on website right now! Free standard shipping on orders $49 or more, which this deal is part of. Both Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II are in stock for both platforms.

May as well order online and save gas. I paid $64.20 including tax.

Edit: I have no idea why it was showing OOS for some of you. I ordered :360: Sleeping Dogs and :ps3: Darksiders II using Paypal. Maybe I'll get a cancellation. Oh well, these games would have gone to the backlog anyways.

[quote name='Bosamba']Deal is live on website right now! Free standard shipping on orders $49 or more, which this deal is part of. Both Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II are in stock for both platforms.

May as well order online and save gas. I paid $64.20 including tax.[/QUOTE]

SD isn't in stock for me. I don't understand how some of you are still managing to get it.

Okay that's really weird. How is it that the PS3 versions of SD and DS2 are still showing up for some? They're both sold out for me as well.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']How the hell???? It was sold out for me and still is.[/QUOTE]

i am wondering the same, im f5ing the hell out of my keyboard lol

I just joined ToysRus's Rewards R Us program a couple of weeks ago. Are those CAGs like me also a member of this program? Maybe that's why it's showing in stock for some of us and OOS for the rest of you.

I'm in NE Florida, it may be a regional warehouse thing I suppose.

Oh well I guess I will give up on this. Knowing TRU they will cancel one of them and tell you after they ship out the one game at $60 (yes they have done this to me before).

[quote name='Saablic']Oh well I guess I will give up on this. Knowing TRU they will cancel one of them and tell you after they ship out the one game at $60 (yes they have done this to me before).[/QUOTE]

Really? So what was the outcome? Did you return it?

If they did that to me, I would demand that they either cancel the order (if it's not too late) or send me a return shipping label so I can return it at their expense since that's clearly their fault.

[quote name='equality']Sleeping Dogs just showed up available for shipping for me. :)[/QUOTE]

PS3 or 360? The 360 version hasn't gone out of stock yet and the PS3 still says unavailable for me.

Grabbed Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2 for Xbox. They will probably both be under $20 by the time I get around to playing them but I couldn't resist.

[quote name='ghostman123']PS3 or 360? The 360 version hasn't gone out of stock yet and the PS3 still says unavailable for me.[/QUOTE]

PS3.

Submitted my order for DS2 and SD and after they took my money told me DS2 wasn't available, but they'll send me SD for full price!

REALLY TRU? :roll:

Okay Sleeping Dogs is showing up as in stock for me. But Darksiders 2 is still unavailable. By the time that's in stock SD won't be.

[quote name='ghostman123']Okay Sleeping Dogs is showing up as in stock for me. But Darksiders 2 is still unavailable. By the time that's in stock SD won't be.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm afraid of too.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Really? So what was the outcome? Did you return it?

If they did that to me, I would demand that they either cancel the order (if it's not too late) or send me a return shipping label so I can return it at their expense since that's clearly their fault.[/QUOTE]

Actually I ended up getting screwed pretty bad from that order. It was a buy two get 1 and I did one from the store and two shipped. The one I picked up was a gift for someone so by the time they canceled my free game, leaving me charged for the cost of the whole order and my other one was on the way I just decided to deal with it.

Here is the kicker, someone at the warehouse stole the disc out of the one they shipped out and resealed it but with my backlog I didn't notice until months later so they wouldn't refund me. I should have opened it when I noticed the shrink wrap was of much poorer quality than the normal stuff.

So yeah, my b2g1 ended up being a b2g1 in truth (buy two only get one game!)

Just got Sleeping Dogs and MW3 for 360. SD was out of stock the first time I tried, but I came back and it was in stock less than 5 minutes ago.

At least they appear to be restocking. Maybe it's based on amount of time the item's been out of stock? Sleeping Dogs went out of stock first. So perhaps they're updating stock orders based on demand, which could mean this sale might last the week.

Well that's a poor system. Got all the way through my order and then they tell me Darksiders 2 is out of stock and they remove it from my order. This was after I've already confirmed it as part of my order. No way do I only want to buy Spider-Man for $60. Thankfully I managed to cancel my order.

Well, I managed to submit an order for 2 Sleeping Dogs about a half hour ago, and now I just got a follow up email saying they're on backorder.

Hopefully they restock before the end of the week, I was really hoping for 2xSD for Xbox, and the deal really isn't worth it if I have to drive to the closest TRU an hour away.

Can't believe these are selling out on Sunday at 9:30 am EST when the sale is scheduled for a week. What garbage.

i finally got it to where it said sleeping dogs was in stock for shipping, added that and darksiders 2 to my cart and i went through all the steps and clicked submit order, i went to a white page and didnt do anything so i refreshed and the items were gone from my cart, and there was no order placed.

Well, I was chugging along with my order of DS2 and SD and had already successfully entered my Paypal info, hit submit on the order at TRU.com and then. . .
just a blank screen.
Checked my email and no payment confirm from Paypal. Went back to TRU.com and tried to recreate the order (cart was now empty) and sure enough, SD is now out of stock.
Reminds me why I avoid TRU like the plague. I'll try against hope to get someone cool at BB to price match but won't lose any sleep over it if they won't. I probably wouldn't get to either of these before BF anyway. . .

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']Well, I was chugging along with my order of DS2 and SD and had already successfully entered my Paypal info, hit submit on the order at TRU.com and then. . .
just a blank screen.
Checked my email and no payment confirm from Paypal. Went back to TRU.com and tried to recreate the order (cart was now empty) and sure enough, SD is now out of stock.
Reminds me why I avoid TRU like the plague. I'll try against hope to get someone cool at BB to price match but won't lose any sleep over it if they won't. I probably wouldn't get to either of these before BF anyway. . .[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me. i never get to benefit from these sales. i always get screwed over. i would be shocked if i actually end up getting to order later on. if your gonna have a sale, and include 2 of the currently hot, new releases you need to have a big stock of them ready to go.

bread's done
Back