2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigb423']same thing happened to me. i never get to benefit from these sales. i always get screwed over. i would be shocked if i actually end up getting to order later on. if your gonna have a sale, and include 2 of the currently hot, new releases you need to have a big stock of them ready to go.[/QUOTE]

And you know the store stock has already been "pre-bought" or they only had two copies to begin with...

Anyone else notice that Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs are rarely in stock at the same time? Sleeping Dogs didn't restock until right after Darksiders 2 went out of stock, and this has happened a couple times this morning. I wonder if that's on purpose so people don't use the deal on both.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Does Amazon do price matching?[/QUOTE]

They usually match the offer especially Tru related. If it does happen, it'll probably be midweek when a decision maker gets in the office.

Not hyping but I was the first one at the Clinton store and stock looks low 2 sleeping dogs 2 darksiders I hope they have more in the back but she said there out.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Cool. Looks like you got the Deep Undercover Pack too.[/QUOTE]

And the limited edition of darksiders. They actually had the standard edition there, but the manager asked if I had a preference and I obviously took the limited edition.

[quote name='finstersucks']They usually match the offer especially Tru related. If it does happen, it'll probably be midweek when a decision maker gets in the office.[/QUOTE]

No way in hell amazon matches this; especially now that most the games are OOS.

[quote name='kellte2']And you know the store stock has already been "pre-bought" or they only had two copies to begin with...[/QUOTE]

They will get more in for sure, but they do have awful stock for every video game sale, unless its more towards black friday.

I'll be going over to check out the store in a second. Hopefully I get what I want out of it. Doesn't open until 10am so I'll be there at open so I better. Unless a bunch of jackasses went and prebought everything.

[quote name='Kai984']if most are already OOS for these games
will BB pm ? anybody?[/QUOTE]

My Walmart did, if that's an option for you

[quote name='Jdudley']My Walmart did, if that's an option for you[/QUOTE]
did u bring ad or phone ?

Cincinnati area:
Kenwood: only had 2 sleeping dogs in stock, plenty of NCAA, darksiders, and the others
Colerain: 5 sleeping dogs, 0 NCAA, few of the others

Picked up sleeping dogs & NCAA at kenwood,

Exchanged NCAA at best buy for madden 13

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up a copy of Darksiders & Sleeping Dogs for the 360. There was some other people there early but nobody else was there for the game deal.

The stock was also very low at the store here.

360 - Darksiders 2 x4
360 - Sleeping Dogs x2

PS3- Darksiders 2 x3
PS3 - Sleeping Dogs x1

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']does that walmart exclusive come off? or is it printed on the label? you need actual add at walmart to pm right? does tru have copies of the ad at the store?[/QUOTE]

Every Walmart around me gets the weekly paper, the TRUS is in there.

[quote name='osugsxr']Cincinnati area:
Kenwood: only had 2 sleeping dogs in stock, plenty of NCAA, darksiders, and the others
Colerain: 5 sleeping dogs, 0 NCAA, few of the others

Picked up sleeping dogs & NCAA at kenwood, now trading in NCAA at best buy for madden[/QUOTE]

So you're going to buy NCAA for roughly $30 + tax and get less then $40 trading it in and spend and additional $20 OOP to get Madden NFL 13 when you could have bought it last week at BB for $60 and gotten $30 back in RZ certs?

I'm guessing people just like the thrill of trading in games and hoarding stock because that makes no sense

only 2 copies of all the "hot" titles from this ad at my local TRU. I picked up SD and DS2, but TRU is still a joke.

Proud to say that I got the last copy of Sleeping dogs. Paired that with Batman, was going to get Max Payne...Dark Siders doesn't look like my kind of game.

So I got there right when they opened.

There was a guy just asking the girl to open the case, and I could tell right away he was a Slickdeals hoarder. He asked for 2 NCAA 360s and I quickly intervened and told the girl I wanted one Sleeping Dogs and one Darksiders. They only had 2 copies of both for PS3 and 360.

The guy looked at me, pretty clearly annoyed, and then said he wanted one of each as well. He then proceeded to get 2 NCAA PS3's, both copies of Sleeping Dogs PS3 and both copies of Darksiders PS3.

A guy showed up when we were checking out and the poor dude just looked, saw there was nothing left, and left disappointed.

[quote name='GBAstar']So you're going to buy NCAA for roughly $30 + tax and get less then $40 trading it in and spend and additional $20 OOP to get Madden NFL 13 when you could have bought it last week at BB for $60 and gotten $30 back in RZ certs?

I'm guessing people just like the thrill of trading in games and hoarding stock because that makes no sense[/QUOTE]

Some of this is dependent on how you have set up you trade credit. Since BBY allows you to buy prepaid Visa cards you could use that to buy SD and NCAA for $60 + tax + $1.80 visa fee which for me is $64.80. I can the trade back NCAA to bby for $37.80 making SD $27 credit instead of $31.50 cash. It is a small savings but worth the extra steps since they across the street from each other. It was better yesterday when ncaa was getting $42 but those the breaks.:)

[quote name='crazydom2']So I got there right when they opened.

There was a guy just asking the girl to open the case, and I could tell right away he was a Slickdeals hoarder. He asked for 2 NCAA 360s and I quickly intervened and told the girl I wanted one Sleeping Dogs and one Darksiders. They only had 2 copies of both for PS3 and 360.

The guy looked at me, pretty clearly annoyed, and then said he wanted one of each as well. He then proceeded to get 2 NCAA PS3's, both copies of Sleeping Dogs PS3 and both copies of Darksiders PS3.

A guy showed up when we were checking out and the poor dude just looked, saw there was nothing left, and left disappointed.[/QUOTE]

The thing is do you really save flipping? I mean with the price of gas \ time involved just for a few bucks. When it is all said and done it probably comes out to even steven when the final tab is calculated. Usally gas and time is never calculated. My Suv says it gets 16 miles per gallon so at 3.50 per gallon a store 16 miles away will cost me about 7.00 in gas. I used to get excited about a good flip but now if I bought it low and a trade in deal is high I am happy.

A guy showed up when we were checking out and the poor dude just looked, saw there was nothing left, and left disappointed.[/QUOTE]

did you manage to get your games tho? cuz u said the store only had 2 copies of sd and darksiders 2 each. and the other guy asked for 2 copies each of those games

[quote name='gepet0']The thing is do you really save flipping? I mean with the pricce of gas and all people go out of there was for a few bucks when it probably comes out to even steven when the final tab is calculated[/QUOTE]

Talk to people who made $20 a copy of ncaa 13 when gamestop had their 50% off used sports game sale a few weeks back. Gas is not cheap but a good flip can pay for months of games.

[quote name='gepet0']The thing is do you really save flipping? I mean with the price of gas \ time involved just for a few bucks when it probably comes out to even steven when the final tab is calculated because usally gas and time is never calculated. My Suv says it gets 16 miles per gallon so at 3.50 per gallon a store 16 miles away will cost me about 7.00 in gas.[/QUOTE]

ppl from sd does not care about that, as long as they think they are making a profit on the surface.

[quote name='YBX87']did you manage to get your games tho? cuz u said the store only had 2 copies of sd and darksiders 2 each. and the other guy asked for 2 copies each of those games[/QUOTE]

I meant they had 2 copies of SD and Darksiders for PS3 and 2 for 360.

I got 1 of each for 360. He got the other 360 ones and both PS3 of each.

[quote name='gepet0']The thing is do you really save flipping? I mean with the price of gas \ time involved just for a few bucks. When it is all said and done it probably comes out to even steven when the final tab is calculated. Usally gas and time is never calculated. My Suv says it gets 16 miles per gallon so at 3.50 per gallon a store 16 miles away will cost me about 7.00 in gas. I used to get excited about a good flip but now if I bought it low and a trade in deal is high I am happy.[/QUOTE]

At least in my area, 3 best buys (maybe even more) are within 10 blocks of a best buy. This would be a pretty easy flip if you can find it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Talk to people who made $20 a copy of ncaa 13 when gamestop had their 50% off used sports game sale a few weeks back. Gas is not cheap but a good flip can pay for months of games.[/QUOTE]

that was a good deal, lol. i could not believe i actually got in on that deal. i had call 6 gamestops to find one that actually had a copy preowned. luckily my gamestop are within walking distances. the only thing i really wasted was time.

Called the closest TRU to me and the guy said they had a few of each and would hold 1 copy of both Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs PS3 until close. That's a huge relief on my part. No rush to get there or worry about them being gone.

[quote name='YBX87']ppl from sd does not care about that, as long as they think they are making a profit on the surface.[/QUOTE]

This is true. Eventually they will learn it isn't worth it, but there is always a new batch waiting to do the same thing.

[quote name='crazydom2']I meant they had 2 copies of SD and Darksiders for PS3 and 2 for 360.

I got 1 of each for 360. He got the other 360 ones and both PS3 of each.[/QUOTE]

good for you

[quote name='cancerman1120']Talk to people who made $20 a copy of ncaa 13 when gamestop had their 50% off used sports game sale a few weeks back. Gas is not cheap but a good flip can pay for months of games.[/QUOTE]

I took advantage of that because I bought it low I was able to get ncaa today but that sale was weeks before the the best buy deal so yes that was a good flip if you were able to snag a copy at the time. But I am talking about driving around trying to find buy then drive to the store or stores. That is a lot of energy.

crazydom2, it rang up auto when you check out the 2 qualifying games for $60 dollars, right?

[quote name='YBX87']that was a good deal, lol. i could not believe i actually got in on that deal. i had call 6 gamestops to find one that actually had a copy preowned. luckily my gamestop are within walking distances. the only thing i really wasted was time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I will usually jump on things like that mainly because they are short lived. You had I think one day to find a copy. Normally I just deal shop and if I can make something back it is a plus.

Thanks again for the early heads up on this OP, just got back from TRU, got a DS2 and a Sleeping Dogs on the 360, good deal.

[quote name='YBX87']it rang up auto when you check out the 2 qualifying games for $60 dollars, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes it did, rang up automatically at checkout, both games listed on my receipt at $29.99. So I guess you could return one if you wanted.

[quote name='YBX87']crazydom2, it rang up auto when you check out the 2 qualifying games for $60 dollars, right?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't really paying attention, but I'm pretty sure it was automatic.

bread's done
Back