2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gepet0']I took advantage of that because I bought it low I was able to get ncaa today but that sale was weeks before the the best buy deal so yes that was a good flip if you were able to snag a copy at the time. But I am talking about driving around trying to find buy then drive to the store or stores. That is a lot of energy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you definitely need to be smart about searching for deals. It is not worth driving 20 miles one way to save $5:D

So, much like the usual October b2g1 deals, is it possible to purchase a placeholder game until the game comes in stock for the console we want it for?

Petty flips. They don't have any money or they are really bad with money so they will do what it takes to earn a buck... literally.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I will usually jump on things like that mainly because they are short lived. You had I think one day to find a copy. Normally I just deal shop and if I can make something back it is a plus.[/QUOTE]

i did on day one, when the sale went live, i remember coming home, and posting on the gamestop thread complaining i had to get the district manager at the gs store to do anmanual override to get it for $20, after arguing with him for ten minutes. LOL

if ncaa stayed 20 i could see turning 66 into 84. but as is there isnt really much flip potential.
im just glad to have my copy of darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs. only copies in store. woot

how long do you thinks the deal will last, with the insufficent stock tru has. i think by later tonight, ppl will post how they cannot find the games they want for the deal in stock,

[quote name='Kai984']if TRU doesn't carry paper ad? how are we suppose to PM at Walmart?[/QUOTE]

We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.
Code:
http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

[quote name='Velo214']if ncaa stayed 20 i could see turning 66 into 84. but as is there isnt really much flip potential.
im just glad to have my copy of darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs. only copies in store. woot[/QUOTE]

you did not try pm at bb?

[quote name='Velo214']if ncaa stayed 20 i could see turning 66 into 84. but as is there isnt really much flip potential.
im just glad to have my copy of darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs. only copies in store. woot[/QUOTE]

Yeah the only real reason to use ncaa in this deal is if you only want Sleeping dogs or Darksiders 2.

i didnt try pm at bestbuy because i needed to take sealed copy from tru and return at bestbuy with the receipt i bought it with for 65 2 weeks ago ;)

[quote name='Eggman']I'll be going over to check out the store in a second. Hopefully I get what I want out of it. Doesn't open until 10am so I'll be there at open so I better. Unless a bunch of jackasses went and prebought everything.[/QUOTE]

Amazingly I was the only person in the Northtown Mall (Blaine, MN) store for the game deal but a whole bunch of people were there for some toy deal or something. They all rushed to the girl toys.

Anyway I got my 1 copy of Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2. 3 more copies of Darksiders 2, at least 4 of Sleeping Dogs. This is for 360. There are also 2 of each for PS3 as well if any other MN person wants to go over there. The deal rang up no problem.

Really happy I didn't have to deal with any flippers this time.

And yes, TRU does have paper ads up in the front of the store. One of the cashiers was holding it when he walked back to the electronics section so he knew which games to tag for the sale.

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']does that walmart exclusive tag come off? or is it printed on the label?[/QUOTE]

thanks for the image sidewalkhustla, man if walmart is willing to price match, then getting bb to pricematch should not be that hard.

Got my Best Buy to PM. Went in and asked the guy if they would and what games I was wanting. He left to go ask a manager, came back 10 min later with the games I wanted. Got Darksiders 2 BB exclusive and NCAA 13. It might have helped that I'm in there all time. Guy even told me I should get a job at BB lol.

[quote name='Eggman']Amazingly I was the only person in the Northtown Mall (Blaine, MN) store for the game deal but a whole bunch of people were there for some toy deal or something. They all rushed to the girl toys.

Anyway I got my 1 copy of Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2. 3 more copies of Darksiders 2, at least 4 of Sleeping Dogs. This is for 360. There are also 2 of each for PS3 as well if any other MN person wants to go over there. The deal rang up no problem.

Really happy I didn't have to deal with any flippers this time.

And yes, TRU does have paper ads up in the front of the store. One of the cashiers was holding it when he walked back to the electronics section so he knew which games to tag for the sale.[/QUOTE]

The Northtown TRU now has 0 copies of Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs for PS3 thanks to me :) Grabbed the last copy of each game. This was at 10:05. Glad I made it there when I did and I hope they get more copies in for those that missed them.

I was the only person at my TRU, and I was able to get Darksiders and NCAA. Flipped NCAA yesterday at Best Buy for $42, so I basically got Darksiders for $23. Only problem is I had to get PS3 version of NCAA today at TRU. Anybody have experience with both versions? I may just hold on to it and swap out when the restock 360 copies.

It really is kind of shitty to run an ad like this knowing your stock is so low for the biggest games. It may be "just business" but it is what I dislike the most about people in general.

its $18 now. not 20

Best buy right next to toys r us matched! Wahoo!! Go flipped my toys r us copies for best buy ones with the exclusive dlc. Good morning so far

fuck, my Internet cut out JUST before this deal went live on TRU's site and only came back about an hour ago, and they're OOS on everything! Now, I really have to go out and either get this price matched @ BB/Target/Walmart or find a TRU with stock. :cry:

[quote name='merchie89']Best buy right next to toys r us matched! Wahoo!! Go flipped my toys r us copies for best buy ones with the exclusive dlc. Good morning so far[/QUOTE]
hey did brought the paper ad or phone?

[quote name='sirplue']fuck, my Internet cut out JUST before this deal went live on TRU's site and only came back about an hour ago, and they're OOS on everything! Now, I really have to go out and either get this price matched @ BB/Target/Walmart or find a TRU with stock. :cry:[/QUOTE]

you should get a pricematch without much issue, since it is advertised on the actual ad in big and bold letters

Whitehall, PA TRU had one Darksiders II for 360, no Sleeping Dogs 360. No DS2 for PS3 but at least 3 Sleeping Dogs for PS3.

Went to Best Buy and price matched no issue, and got the BB Limited Edition of DS2 as well.

[quote name='adamthered']The Northtown TRU now has 0 copies of Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs for PS3 thanks to me :) Grabbed the last copy of each game. This was at 10:05. Glad I made it there when I did and I hope they get more copies in for those that missed them.[/QUOTE]

Man that's crazy. You probably walked right past me or saw me walk out. I was in a Brokentier Rocket Raccoon shirt. Someone else must have bought one of each as I was walking out. Well, I'm glad you got in on it.

Could not get physical ad at my local TRU, so just printed the ad from the website and attempted to PM at my BB. First she told me they don't PM bundle deals, so I asked to see a manager. It seemed the manager was busy and while the clerk was explaining the 2 for $60 deal, the manager said "Just do it" :D

For my fellow NYC CAGers, there was about 5 copies of the special edition of Darksiders 2 (Angel of Death Pack) for PS3 and Xbox 360. No Sleeping Dogs for PS3, saw one Xbox 360 copy on the shelf. This was at the BB near Main St in Flushing, Queens. Good luck to all that successfully PM at BB.

I went to one of the two TRU's left in my city this morn a bit earlier than I was wanting to go. I'm glad I did now because there were only 3 total copies of Sleeping Dogs left (1 360, 2 PS3) when I got there and there were two people that came in behind me that bought those last two as I was standing there. I picked up NCAA with it since I've already got Darksiders 2 but I mainly did it for Sleeping Dogs. I'm glad I went early now and not before work like I was originally planning.

[quote name='Kai984']I called BB but they said they won't do Bundle deals like this. WTF[/QUOTE]

For BB's it definitely YMMV. I caught the manager at a very busy time so while the clerk was explaining the TRU deal the manager just okay'd it. Try at another location if you can.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']Could not get physical ad at my local TRU, so just printed the ad from the website and attempted to PM at my BB. First she told me they don't PM bundle deals, so I asked to see a manager. It seemed the manager was busy and while the clerk was explaining the 2 for $60 deal, the manager said "Just do it" :D

For my fellow NYC CAGers, there was about 5 copies of the special edition of Darksiders 2 (Angel of Death Pack) for PS3 and Xbox 360. No Sleeping Dogs for PS3, saw one Xbox 360 copy on the shelf. This was at the BB near Main St in Flushing, Queens. Good luck to all that successfully PM at BB.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to attempt to PM at this BB store as well in a bit. If not successful, gonna head to TRU near Whitestone.

[quote name='Kai984']I called BB but they said they won't do Bundle deals like this. WTF[/QUOTE]

if you want this deal, you are going to have to go into an actual bestbuy store to try to pricematch it.

[quote name='shurija']Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to attempt to PM at this BB store as well in a bit. If not successful, gonna head to TRU near Whitestone.[/QUOTE]

You can forget about the TRU near Whitestone. I headed there before BB and there was no copies of Darksiders 2 or Sleeping Dogs for ps3. Another guy at the same time asked for Sleeping Dogs for Xbox and they did not have any. I am not sure if they have Darksiders 2 for Xbox. There I saved you some gas :D

[quote name='osugsxr']exchanged the NCAA 13 for Madden 13 at best buy

so $60 for madden 13 and sleeping dogs[/QUOTE]

how did you do that? i thought madden 13 was not on the list

[quote name='YBX87']how did you do that? i thought madden 13 was not on the list[/QUOTE]

Returned it without receipt and received store credit for madden

[quote name='YBX87']how did you do that? i thought madden 13 was not on the list[/QUOTE]
This should be YMMV, the keen cashier would notice you didn't get NCAA at full price.

[quote name='osugsxr']Returned it without receipt and received store credit for madden[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']This should be YMMV, the keen cashier would notice you didn't get NCAA at full price.[/QUOTE]

There you go. Even more YMMv on returning without receipt.

[quote name='TooPoor']There you go. Even more YMMv on returning without receipt.[/QUOTE]

nvm, i just realize it is another shady act, lol i will pass

[quote name='cancerman1120']? At Best Buy? Really?[/QUOTE]

i know right, at my local bb. they ask literally a millions questions when i try to return items with a receipt, LOL

[quote name='cancerman1120']? At Best Buy? Really?[/QUOTE]
Maybe he did it at WM, but let's not start that discussion again...

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']You can forget about the TRU near Whitestone. I headed there before BB and there was no copies of Darksiders 2 or Sleeping Dogs for ps3. Another guy at the same time asked for Sleeping Dogs for Xbox and they did not have any. I am not sure if they have Darksiders 2 for Xbox. There I saved you some gas :D[/QUOTE]

I'm mainly looking for Darksiders 2 for Xbox 360 and pairing it up with NCAA Football 13. I'm walking distance between this TRU and the BB in Flushing, thank god.

yes at best buy, I agree it is shady and it was first time doing so. I had planned on trading it in at best buy to purchase madden but would've spent gift card. Went to counter and told her I received it as gift, and she said thats fine and exchanged for madden. Very polite and professional about it all, but yes it is YMMV

Got bestbuy to pricematch in michigan

got sleeping dogs and darksiders 2 limited

Used my $10 code from my instore pickup of madden and my leftover $55 credit so nothing out of pocket 63xx

so my 3 year roll of not spending money out of pocket on anything video game related keeps on

To my fellow NYC CAGers.

There was one copy of Darksiders 2 at the Queens/Long Island City TRU along Northern BLDV. Doubt it's there now.

I got there at 10:02 am. Walked in and saw somebody grabbing up on the deal. Wonder if it was a CAGer? I believe he grabbed D2 and SD. Anyhoo, I grabbed the last copy of SD and 1 of the last 2 of D2. Great deal, happy I got there when the store opened.

PS. The Darksiders 2 copy that I grabbed at TRU was the limited edition with the free DLC packs.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']To my fellow NYC CAGers.

There was one copy of Darksiders 2 at the Queens/Long Island City TRU along Northern BLDV. Doubt it's there now.

I got there at 10:02 am. Walked in and saw somebody grabbing up on the deal. Wonder if it was a CAGer? I believe he grabbed D2 and SD. Anyhoo, I grabbed the last copy of SD and 1 of the last 2 of D2. Great deal, happy I got there when the store opened.

PS. The Darksiders 2 copy that I grabbed at TRU was the limited edition with the free DLC packs.[/QUOTE]

Damn it:wall:
I was going to past by queens later today. Thanks for the heads up TheOpusFuller.

On staten island. There were 3 :ps3: copies on stock for amazing spider man & :5-6 :ps3: copies of sleeping dog.

bread's done
Back