2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='usagi']Pricematching at BB with physical ad is definitely ymmv, I got denied at first Best Buy I tried and got lucky as the second one I tried at. They said they don't pricematch bundles, but they gave a one time exception on a purchase I made a few weeks ago. After checking my receipt at home I just noticed they charged me for a 2 for $50 price, so lucked out twice.

Noting the stock it seemed Sleeping Dogs is the game that is either sold out or low in-stock at ToysRus. Hopefully everyone who missed out on the deal can get it later this week if the weekly delivery has the games.[/QUOTE]

So,,,,,you paid $50 for both?? And, only noticed when you checked your receipt at home??? You lie son.

[quote name='Gscept']I just walked out of BB with DS2 and SD jumped in my car and across the street there is a TRU went in there and got DS2 and SD later on I will go flip them outside of a Gamestop to an unfortunate individual for 45 a piece.... Win,win,win[/QUOTE]

Cannot tell if this is for real? You are actually going to sit outside a GS and sell your game?

[quote name='thegreek']So,,,,,you paid $50 for both?? And, only noticed when you checked your receipt at home??? You lie son.[/QUOTE]

Well if he had other items then maybe but yeah it would be hard to not notice a $50 price when you are going in for a 2 for $60.

[quote name='Kai984']did u bring ad or phone ?[/QUOTE]

just price matched at walmart with my phone. pretty shitty picture too. I got darksiders 2 and maxpayne 3. I was thinking about sleeping dogs.. but then I played the demo and was like meh..

Bought Sleeping Dogs and NCAA.
Flipped NCAA to BB for about $40 in credit.
Bought Prototype 2 Radnet Edition for $20 after coupon.
Got about $20 left on my gift card. :]

One more update for NYC cags that are thinking of heading to the TRU near Whitestone. I picked up one of two copies of Darksiders 2 for XBOX 360 and left the last one. There is NO Sleeping Dogs at all for either consoles and there is no Darksiders 2 for the PS3. At least 2 people came in asking for Sleeping Dogs and the employee just said there's none in the back. Hopefully there's better news at the TRU in times Square but that gets cleaned out pretty fast. Good luck NYC cags.

[quote name='lochdoun']Bought Sleeping Dogs and NCAA.
Got about $20 left on my gift card. :][/QUOTE]

Now that is the way to do it. :applause:

[quote name='lochdoun']Bought Sleeping Dogs and NCAA.
Got about $20 left on my gift card. :][/QUOTE]

You didn't flip it for about $40 you flipped it for $37.80 if you are GCU. You didn't pay $20 you paid $20 + tax (let's pretend 5%) so $21. Not to mention the tax you paid on the original $60 at TRU.

So at best you have $16.80 on your gift card.

Not to mention the time effort and gas it took to hit up two stores and.... yeah... you're pulling minimum wage.

[quote name='GBAstar']You didn't flip it for about $40 you flipped it for $37.80 if you are GCU. You didn't pay $20 you paid $20 + tax (let's pretend 5%) so $21.

Not to mention the time efort and gas it took to hit up two stores and.... yeah... you're pulling minimum wage.[/QUOTE]

Well I am not sure why you are so hostile. For me toy r us and BBY are literally across the street from each other.

[quote name='GBAstar']You didn't flip it for about $40 you flipped it for $37.80 if you are GCU. You didn't pay $20 you paid $20 + tax (let's pretend 5%) so $21.

Not to mention the time effort and gas it took to hit up two stores and.... yeah... you're pulling minimum wage.[/QUOTE]

Buzz_Killington.jpg

[quote name='GBAstar']
Not to mention the time effort and gas it took to hit up two stores and.... yeah... you're pulling minimum wage.[/QUOTE]
Not if the stores are right next to each other, which is the case for 2 of my local BBs/TRU. Could be the same for him as well

[quote name='cancerman1120']Cannot tell if this is for real? You are actually going to sit outside a GS and sell your game?[/QUOTE]

Craigslist works wonders my friend... The deal is done

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I am not sure why you are so hostile. For me toy r us and BBY are literally across the street from each other.[/QUOTE]

Because this is an entire thread of people rounding up, forgetting about tax, gas, time, resources and common courtesy all in the name of bragging about who had the "coolest" flip.

[quote name='GBAstar']Because this is an entire thread of people rounding up, forgetting about tax, gas, time, resources and common courtesy all in the name of bragging about who had the "coolest" flip.[/QUOTE]

I bought Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II. I then instantly returned them. I BROKE EVEN! Minus gas of course. :bouncy:

I bought the last two copies of Darksiders 2. For a national chain, I can't believe they have such limited stock.

Well, thank you OP, I brought DS2 and SD Sat night. Went back to price adjust and back home with my games to add to my backlog. May go back for MP3 since I missed out on the BBY deal and another game.

Yea, I don't get the whole "omgz I flipped and made 5 bucks! I'm s0 win" stuff. I went to Best Buy to pick up Prototype 2 for $20 and Battlefield 3 for $10 and then price matched Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2 while I was there. Then I went over to TRU to pick up a present and grabbed MW3 and Max Payne. The girl at the counter was telling people "yea EVERYONE is sold out of Darksomething and Sleeper Dogs! Don't even bother checking other TRU stores!" and I'm like "yea, just go across the street to BB and price match" and the girl looked at me like omgz they'll do that???

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well if he had other items then maybe but yeah it would be hard to not notice a $50 price when you are going in for a 2 for $60.[/QUOTE]
This was a old purchase from a few weeks ago, I just went into pricematch today and put the receipt in my back pocket without checking it, so I expected about $65 to get refunded. Well I got a lucky surprise when came back home:D.

If bought the games 2 for $50 today, then I would have noticed right away.

[quote name='GBAstar']Because this is an entire thread of people rounding up, forgetting about tax, gas, time, resources and common courtesy all in the name of bragging about who had the "coolest" flip.[/QUOTE]

You need to stop with the jealousy... Or get out of our CAG community

[quote name='Gscept']Yes it is buddy!!! Good article, we should be proud to be Cags[/QUOTE]

I was just reading that on USA Today. But I think the problem might be deeper giving all the flips going around which will just hurt the consumers in the end

[quote name='CaseX']I bought the last two copies of Darksiders 2. For a national chain, I can't believe they have such limited stock.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I bought the last four copies of NCAA Football 13 so I can have a LAN party as I live in my great grandparents' basement, who just so happen to rent the first floor of their house to my parents and the second floor to my grandparents while they (my great grandparents) live comfortabley in the crawlspace of the attic.

But it is all right because we love to flip video games as family.

FLYP OR DYE!

[quote name='Gscept']You need to stop with the jealousy... Or get out of our CAG community[/QUOTE]

Yes. I am jealous of your mad flipz. I forgot that this was the flipping community. You are right, I should leave. I will see you on the flip side.

[quote name='GBAstar']That's cool. I bought the last four copies of NCAA Football 13 so I can have a LAN party as I live in my great grandparents' basement, who just so happen to rent the first floor of their house to my parents and the second floor to my grandparents while they (my great grandparents) live comfortabley in the crawlspace of the attic.
[/QUOTE]

That's really nice that you let your great grandparents live on the top floor. My parents put ours in the cupboard under the stairs...

I just bought Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II. No plan to flip, just adding them to the backlog. I figure other than Black Friday sales, which I dread participating in, these prices will at most drop to the $40 range (for DSII most likely) come february of next year. So yea $30 a piece ain't bad. Figured I'd treat myself w/ no new exciting games for me personally coming out any time soon except for ACIII

seems that the walmart launch week max payne 1 download code still works :) had no luck with the darksiders dlc though.
[quote name='Kaiser499']Has anyone tried price matching this deal at Wal-Mart?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I price matched via phone.

was going to pm sleeping dogs and ncaa 13 at walmart, but absolutely hated the walmart exclusive dlc logo printed on the game label itself, not to mention it took 25 mins for some one to even come help me with multiple employees walking by several times. Ended up getting both games at TRU then flipping ncaa at BBY. Noticed the BBY copies of Sleeping Dogs had those exclusive labels as well but theirs weren't as ugly. Probably would've settled for that one but I still don't like the direction they're going with those exclusive labels. Really wish they'd stick to stickers

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the LAST copies of both Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II at TRU in Monrovia, CA!!!
Made sure to arrive t 10am - lucked out!!

*Thanks for the heads up on this one OP!!!**
Awesome!!:applause:

Just came back from my local Toys R Us, they still had plenty of the sale titles still available.

Got Sleeping Dogs and NCAA 13 for the PS3. Might price match Sleeping Dogs for the 360 and Darksiders 2 at best Buy on Tuesday and just trade in the copy I perceive to be inferior. it's 16 bucks, so 33.60 in credit, which pretty much breaks me even and i get to compare the two copies with my own eyes rather than taking someone else's word for it.

[quote name='anarchojustin']This is a stupid question, but how do you PM at Best Buy? I got $10 on my gift card and it's much easier to get to.[/QUOTE]

Show them the ad when you check out at the gaming kiosk or bring the two games to customer service. Either way, they will have to call a manager to put in the super secret launch codes and possibly wink at a CAGer

I went to my local TRU this morning right when they opened. They had 4 employees in the gaming department. I tell one of the guys the games I need and he says your lucky we only have 1 SD2 & 1 SD on PS3. He then tells me we will get more later in the week. Glad I got the games just sucks the stock was that low. I didn't even want to try to match at BB cause I recently saw the new transferred manager. He doesn't like to PM TRU at all. I got denied by before him cause he will make his own rules.

This

[quote name='nekromantix']Didn't have much selection at the Chino Hills location. Got the last :360: Darksiders II on the shelf, and the second to last :ps3: Sleeping Dogs. Guy behind me took the last :ps3: Sleeping Dogs and a :ps3: Darksiders II, though I didn't catch how many of those were left. Ample amounts of NCAA 12 and a few Max Payne 3's if I remember correctly.

Went to Best Buy to pick up some 3ds games and the cashier made an exception and price matched the games Darksiders II/Sleeping Dogs even though they were out of stock at ToysRUs. Suppose the extra footwork was worth the extra Darksiders / Sleeping Dogs DLC.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about going to the Chino Hills TRU this morning, too, but didn't want to deal with the low stock situation that most TRUs seem to have. So I took my chances and went to BB. I asked the gaming rep if he would PM the TRU deal for D2 and SD. He said he knew about it and would PM it right there for me because I'm a regular customer. He didn't bother calling TRU and rang me up right away. As he was ringing me up, his manager came by and sarcastically asked him, "I bet you didn't call to verify stock?"

Anyways, I was lucky enough to get the last SD copy for 360 with the GSP DLC. I also got the BB exclusive version of D2 for 360 (about 2-3 left).

Was at my toys r us at 9:45 this morning. Walked in at 10, grabbed a NCAA 13' ans Sleeping Dogs 360. I had sold my copy of NCAA 13' at best buy for $40 on Thursday. So basically got sleeping dogs for $20 + tax.

Also, I hope everyone that is pm'ing at walmart realizes that they will probably be unable to trade in any copy of sleeping dogs from walmart. At least at amazon... From what I understand it has a different sku, and I remember having a similar issue with Ghost Recon future solider when I grabbed the signature edition at GameStop used. I had to return to GameStop and get a regular copy in order to trade it in to amazon. Plus it's a ugly ass box with that logo crap, haha.

I can't wait to play sleeping dogs, but I'm pretty positive I won't be keeping it forever.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Got an extra Angel of Death code for Darksiders II (360) today if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

Check PM

It's funny I have yet to see a standard version of Darksiders 2

P.S. Also Amazon only lists standard versions as their trade in, good luck with that :D

[quote name='TooPoor']It's funny I have yet to see a standard version of Darksiders 2

P.S. Also Amazon only lists standard versions as their trade in, good luck with that :D[/QUOTE]

did you need the actual newspaper ad, or you just show them on your phone, when you went to pm at bestbuy

[quote name='GBAstar']You didn't flip it for about $40 you flipped it for $37.80 if you are GCU. You didn't pay $20 you paid $20 + tax (let's pretend 5%) so $21. Not to mention the tax you paid on the original $60 at TRU.

This settles it. You are THE Douchebag you yourself speak of so much. Give it a rest already. What the hell's wrong with you?

Well things got a bit aggro while I was away buying my copies of DS2 and Sleeping Dogs. Still 2 copies of DS2 on 360 and 4 SD on 360. Forgot to check PS3 sorry at the Racine store. I am not going to get into the flip thing because I do flip on occasion but I do not hoard. I see no issue if I only want SD and I am required to buy 2 games that I do not try to maximize the purchase (even if it is only saving $4). Am I not supposed to buy SD then? I was able to get SD for $27 after tax and trading DS2 into GS. Maybe that makes me an asshole for taking a copy of DS2 off the shelf but that is more an issue with TRU having crap stock not me buying the game. Anyway, sorry if I upset people...I do try to keep flip talk at a min but sometimes it does get out of hand.

bread's done
Back