2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the "Bestbuy excluses" thing on DS 2 and SD worth it?
I PM'ed and got both games but it's regular limited. And the store don't carry any more of those Exclusive version. But the lady was nice enough and called other stores which is 20 mins drive. Worth it? to go exchange?

[quote name='TooPoor']It's funny I have yet to see a standard version of Darksiders 2

P.S. Also Amazon only lists standard versions as their trade in, good luck with that :D[/QUOTE]

The BB exclusive UPC for DSII 360 brings up the normal trade in link so you should be good...especially if you locked in at 36.;)

[quote name='YBX87']did you need the actual newspaper ad, or you just show them on your phone, when you went to pm at bestbuy[/QUOTE]
I went to my BBY who I know every guy in the gaming department plus the manager, they didn't ask for anything, she did an override and had a little chat with me about the Borderlands 2 Midnight launch event :whistle2:D
[quote name='Kai984']Does the "Bestbuy excluses" thing on DS 2 and SD worth it?
I PM'ed and got both games but it's regular limited. And the store don't carry any more of those Exclusive version. But the lady was nice enough and called other stores which is 20 mins drive. Worth it? to go exchange?[/QUOTE]
You ask a lot of "Worth it" questions, which are subjective in nature.

[quote name='TooPoor']I went to my BBY who I know every guy in the gaming department plus the manager, they didn't ask for anything, she did an override and had a little chat with me about the Borderlands 2 Midnight launch event :whistle2:D

You ask a lot of "Worth it" questions, which are subjective in nature.[/QUOTE]
Worth it! 1 last time lol :lol:

[quote name='Toss']The BB exclusive UPC for DSII 360 brings up the normal trade in link so you should be good...especially if you locked in at 36.;)[/QUOTE]
Ha, I did lock one for the hell of it, but since I have to teach now that school started, there is no way I can finish DS2 and trade it back in time.

Can I send in sealed games to Amazon trade in? Need to trade in a Darksiders 2, but wouldn't want them to open it if they dot take it because of the skus?

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']I'm probably only interested in Sleeping Dogs. Anyone here near Dublin, CA that would want to split the cost on 2 games?[/QUOTE]

I'm in San Leandro, if they let us get two copies of Sleeping Dogs, I'm down.

[quote name='OGHowie']Can I send in sealed games to Amazon trade in? Need to trade in a Darksiders 2, but wouldn't want them to open it if they dot take it because of the skus?[/QUOTE]
They do not accept sealed games, unless you are REALLLLY lucky.

[quote name='OGHowie']Can I send in sealed games to Amazon trade in? Need to trade in a Darksiders 2, but wouldn't want them to open it if they dot take it because of the skus?[/QUOTE]If the Darksiders II you're sending is the Best Buy-exclusive version, you should probably open it to be safe, but if not, then you're fine with just sending it sealed.

I was able to PM the ad at my local BBY for DSII and SD, just like 99% of posters in this thread. :razz: I plan on keeping the BBY-exclusive stuff for DSII (I wasn't able to find a copy of SD with the George St. Pierre DLC :cry:) and sending the game to Amazon for the $36 trade-in I locked in a few days ago.

[quote name='TooPoor']They do not accept sealed games, unless you are REALLLLY lucky.[/QUOTE]I wouldn't be so quick to say that; I've traded in several sealed games to Amazon and had no problems whatsoever, and frankly, I don't see why they'd deny you--they can just sell it in new condition if they want. It's not like they can deny you the trade-in because the game was in too good a condition when it arrived.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well things got a bit aggro while I was away buying my copies of DS2 and Sleeping Dogs. Still 2 copies of DS2 on 360 and 4 SD on 360. Forgot to check PS3 sorry at the Racine store. I am not going to get into the flip thing because I do flip on occasion but I do not hoard. I see no issue if I only want SD and I am required to buy 2 games that I do not try to maximize the purchase (even if it is only saving $4). Am I not supposed to buy SD then? I was able to get SD for $27 after tax and trading DS2 into GS. Maybe that makes me an asshole for taking a copy of DS2 off the shelf but that is more an issue with TRU having crap stock not me buying the game. Anyway, sorry if I upset people...I do try to keep flip talk at a min but sometimes it does get out of hand.[/QUOTE]

I think it's more the buying of multiple copies of the same game at the same location that upsets people. I can totally understand the frustration considering all the talk from fellow CAGers about how low of stock some of their local stores keep in the first place.

After all is said and done, it's just fewer of us able to catch a break and get a deal on some games we want.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']I think it's more the buying of multiple copies of the same game at the same location that upsets people. I can totally understand the frustration considering all the talk from fellow CAGers about how low of stock some of their local stores keep in the first place.

After all is said and done, it's just fewer of us able to catch a break and get a deal on some games we want.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% with that. Maybe it is an arbitrary line but I buy a personal copy from the store and do what I please with it. I am not there to buy out the store. I have a fellow CAG in my area KTMACK so I try to be respectful of that. We are lucky though because this area seems pretty low on CAGs and hoarders.

[quote name='exogreyfox']Try Walmart, or even Target?[/QUOTE]

I went to Vons just to get the Sunday ad. $1.50 just for the freakin' ad to ATTEMPT a price match. I went to Best Buy first because I already got Sleeping Dogs and wanted to see if I could get another game. I went to Wal-Mart across the street after I got turned down and they didn't even have Sleeping Dogs. :cry:

[quote name='tenike1']I went to Vons just to get the Sunday ad. $1.50 just for the freakin' ad to ATTEMPT a price match. I went to Best Buy first because I already got Sleeping Dogs and wanted to see if I could get another game. I went to Wal-Mart across the street after I got turned down and they didn't even have Sleeping Dogs. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Man bummer.. well the sale last about a week. so you have time. you can try online or wait for some to restock.

[quote name='OGHowie']Can I send in sealed games to Amazon trade in? Need to trade in a Darksiders 2, but wouldn't want them to open it if they dot take it because of the skus?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']They do not accept sealed games, unless you are REALLLLY lucky.[/QUOTE]

Not true, I've sent in tons of sealed games. Never had a problem with them being sealed. I've also received sealed "used" games from awd and the various alias shells of noram. It's been the games I knew were being flipped in mass previously and other cags probably sent in.

[quote name='GBAstar']You didn't flip it for about $40 you flipped it for $37.80 if you are GCU. You didn't pay $20 you paid $20 + tax (let's pretend 5%) so $21. Not to mention the tax you paid on the original $60 at TRU.

So at best you have $16.80 on your gift card.

Not to mention the time effort and gas it took to hit up two stores and.... yeah... you're pulling minimum wage.[/QUOTE]

Pricematched BB, got DS2 for Xbox and ps3. Will trade to Amazon for $60. DLC is going on eBay for $25 each. How did I do? :bouncy:

[quote name='fearMr.Met']I just bought Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II. No plan to flip, just adding them to the backlog. I figure other than Black Friday sales, which I dread participating in, these prices will at most drop to the $40 range (for DSII most likely) come february of next year. So yea $30 a piece ain't bad. Figured I'd treat myself w/ no new exciting games for me personally coming out any time soon except for ACIII[/QUOTE]

I think black Friday prices go way lower than the 40 dollar range. I just looked at the release date of Arkham City (Oct 18th I believe?) and I grabbed that on Black friday for 28 bucks at Walmart. It came with Arkham Asylum. So yeah, I think prices are going to be better than the 40 dollar range. Either way, 30 a piece isn't bad for this sale. I also grabbes Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II.

I also plan on dragging my old man out to walmart, etc at 3am on black friday to scoop up on some more deals too! haha

Plan on picking up 2 copies of NCAA then flip to BB for 84 so 24 profit.

Is there restrictions for trading in games as I already traded in NCAA once before.

So the local TRU only had Prototype 2 in stock (and it looked like they didn't even carry the other items on the list) and is in the midst of a "moving sale".

And then the local newspaper doesn't have the ad.

:roll:

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Plan on picking up 2 copies of NCAA then flip to BB for 84 so 24 profit.

Is there restrictions for trading in games as I already traded in NCAA once before.[/QUOTE]

3 times per title, per system, per year is the conventional limit. Trading in more will probably cause your account to be flagged and could lead to a ban.

Might as well open them too, no reason to trade them in sealed since there is no difference in TIV and it'll probably appear less suspicious.

I traded in PS3 version and was going to buy 360 versions. Yeah I would open them up and just say I bought them cheap from friends who like Madden better if asked why.

TRU in Stevenson Ranch, CA only had Darksiders 2 for 360, but none for PS3, and no Sleeping Dogs for either system. I took my ad next door to the Walmart and they gave me no problems matching the ad.

My TRU was deserted. When I went by, they had at least 3 of everything on sale.

I ended up picking up Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2. I only wanted Sleeping Dogs, so I traded Darksiders in to Gamestop and got NSMB2 for free.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Plan on picking up 2 copies of NCAA then flip to BB for 84 so 24 profit.

Is there restrictions for trading in games as I already traded in NCAA once before.[/QUOTE]

You are only going to get $75.60 for it. TIV dropped last night.

[quote name='bigE24']TRU in Stevenson Ranch, CA only had Darksiders 2 for 360, but none for PS3, and no Sleeping Dogs for either system. I took my ad next door to the Walmart and they gave me no problems matching the ad.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, I'll check that out if the Porter Ranch TRU doesn't have it.

Trading in the same game 3 times? Very possible chance of being added to the ban list.

Is that really worth it for ~$19 bucks after you pay for the two copies + tax?

[quote name='cancerman1120']You are only going to get $75.60 for it. TIV dropped last night.[/QUOTE]

Yeah their sold out of NCAA on both systems. Not worth being added to ban list for 15 anyway. Have no interest in Darksiders 2 or Sleeping Dogs as they seem like only games I would rent.

NCAA TIV has been dropped, didn't you hear the word? ...That bird is the word?

[quote name='Goomba Stomper']Trading in the same game 3 times? Very possible chance of being added to the ban list.

Is that really worth it for ~$19 bucks after you pay for the two copies + tax?[/QUOTE]

I live in Delaware so no tax, but yeah not worth the risk. Best Buy has always been good to me as I won't ever go to Gamestop again.

I'm considering a price-match at Walmart on Darksiders II since they apparently have a Limited Edition "With Bonus" but I can't seem to find any site that states exactly what the Walmart Bonuses are. All the page seems to really mention is Arguls Tomb, which is the standard LE bonus. Is there really a store-exclusive bonus like BestBuy, GameStop, etc.? Anyone know?

[quote name='tenike1']I went to Vons just to get the Sunday ad. $1.50 just for the freakin' ad to ATTEMPT a price match. I went to Best Buy first because I already got Sleeping Dogs and wanted to see if I could get another game. I went to Wal-Mart across the street after I got turned down and they didn't even have Sleeping Dogs. :cry:[/QUOTE]
i got mine price matched at the fullerton/anaheim store no problem

[quote name='Kain']I'm considering a price-match at Walmart on Darksiders II since they apparently have a Limited Edition "With Bonus" but I can't seem to find any site that states exactly what the Walmart Bonuses are. All the page seems to really mention is Arguls Tomb, which is the standard LE bonus. Is there really a store-exclusive bonus like BestBuy, GameStop, etc.? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]According to this, only Amazon, BBY, and GS have/had exclusive bonuses:

http://www.lensoftruth.com/darksiders-2-release-date-retailer-bonuses-detailed/

[quote name='Lensoftruth.com']
Gamestop: ‘Death Rides’ Pack – Features multiple exclusive side-quests allowing players to explore more of the Maker’s Realm and Dead Plains. In addition players will be able to aid an ancient Construct, battle The Bloodless and retrieve Karn’s lost treasure
Best Buy: ‘Angel of Death’ Pack – Features enhanced armor with an angel inspired design as well as a pair of matching scythes. In addition players will receive an exclusive purple colored visual trail for their crow.
Amazon: ‘Deadly Despair’ Pack – Features an additional speed boost for Death’s horse Despair, that allows players to traverse the world at a much faster rate.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GBAstar']You didn't flip it for about $40 you flipped it for $37.80 if you are GCU. You didn't pay $20 you paid $20 + tax (let's pretend 5%) so $21. Not to mention the tax you paid on the original $60 at TRU.

So at best you have $16.80 on your gift card.

Not to mention the time effort and gas it took to hit up two stores and.... yeah... you're pulling minimum wage.[/QUOTE]
Actually you are wrong.
In fact, you couldn't be more wrong.

I'd even go so far as to say that this is one of the dumbest attempts at trolling that I have ever read on this site.

Nice try though. You must be 12; good for you! :applause:

Can someone explain to me why Best Buy would ban someone for trading in three or more copies of the same game?

Showed up at they toysrus in Greensboro, NC as soon as they opens this morning. Got the only copy of Sleeping Dog and one of the 2 copies of Darksiders they had. Both on the 360

[quote name='lochdoun']Actually you are wrong.
In fact, you couldn't be more wrong.

I'd even go so far as to say that this is one of the dumbest attempts at trolling that I have ever read on this site.

Nice try though. You must be 12; good for you! :applause:[/QUOTE]
So what was your math?
Assume your tax rate is x, you paid 60*(1+x) for 2 games. NCAA trades for $37.8 today, P2 you would have paid 20*(1+x), so in essence you spent 60*(1+x), in exchange for P2, 1 other game that is not NCAA, and a 17.8-20*x BBY gift card.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']The bonus at walmart isn't an exclusive. It's the Arguls Tomb DLC every LE gets.[/QUOTE]
did anybody get the dlc to work? since it's expired already.

Do I have to show a physical ad to best buy or can I show them the deal on my phone? They had no sleeping Dogs at toys r us and they had no ads that I could take home. They also don't have the game online. The Sunday papers I looked through also didn't have the ads.

Do I have to show a physical ad or can I show the ad from my phone? Toys R Us didn't have any ads and none of the Sunday papers I looked through didn't have the ad. The stupid store didn't have Sleeping Dogs and they don't have it online for 360 either.

bread's done
Back