2 free android games from gameloft, NO CC entry needed

6er

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
CREDIT for first part goes to raplhwiggim1 from SlickDeals, I detail to clear up step 3 a little and added info to cancel...the second part I figured out a work around for some newer phones that have oddly specific gamelost stores(like my EVO 3d for the new LG 3D phone which do not have ANYTHING but the handful of 3D games)

(workaround)
if your phones gameloft store does NOT offer the free trial, AT YOUR OWN RISK you can try to find a similar phone that does, and then email yourself the link from your PC to your phone, open it in brower and the download the games

Free Gameloft Club games on Android Didn't find anything relevant (just an old thread from over a year ago).

Gameloft recently released their big titles for Android, including NOVA 2 (Halo clone) and Asphalt 6 (Burnout / NFS clone?) which have local and online multiplayer.

If you access the Gameloft website (www.gameloft.com) on your Android device, you can download 2 free games by joining the Gameloft Club (for free) and then canceling within 14 days.

You can also access from your desktop by using Android User Agent in your browser. The game selection also depends on the phone you access from. I used my Droid X running 2.3.3 and it showed the latest games.

Disadvantages: you may not be able to download the latest version after you cancel.

Note: Their site seems buggy, as do their games. Not as reliable as their iOS alternatives (which are usually $0.99 on sale).

Note 2: All their games have a small application (4-5 MB) that downloads the game data (500 MB +) to SD card.

Update:
1) Go to the Gameloft site on your computer and create an account http://www.gameloft.com/my-account/.

2) Go here http://wapshop.gameloft.com/php5/us/hdplus/phones.php and select your phone (or select a phone like Motorola Droid X).

3) You should see an offer to join the club and each game will show a button to buy and a button to download Free. When you click free, it'll take you to a page with a link to enter your CC info. enter your account info in the lower section and click subscribe WITHOUT entering any CC info

4) On the next page, scroll down and log in with your Gameloft account.

5) Free games with no CC.

6) after downloading, click the link at the very bottom of the gameloft store that says something to the effect of "my gameloft club" and it will have a link to cancel trial....then a cancel confrim link....

So you got two free game without giving them any CC info your your phone number. I think cancel anyway in case they can link back the game to your phone through the download or install....

By the way if you have a thunderbolt and a game you want isn't showing then get the evo version, they seem to work fine, at least the 1 that I tried.

[quote name='M3wThr33']I deleted them all. They don't load properly on my Evo3D.
Also, they're storing your password in plain text, and passing it through using the URL. That's just bad practice.[/QUOTE]
I know others have done it with 3d with no issues besides a game or two. Wierd.

Downloads kept failing, but I just left the phone on the charger and occasionally hit retry. Eventually I got em all to DL and they run fine on my Evo. Thanks for the deal OP!

[quote name='6er']my thoughts. Eternal Legacy failed like 6 times yesterday. believe it or not this was thumbs down on SlickDeals....maybe my extra info help push the deal over the edge?[/QUOTE]It took that game maybe 30-45 minutes to finally DL, but it worked fine. It seems like each game has a different server hosting it because Assassin's Creed took maybe 3-4 minutes to get ~350MB. As for SD thumbing this down, it's because they don't want it to hit the front page and kill the deal. The fact this thread hasn't blown up yet is likely because people just haven't found it yet either. I mean, you can literally rob them of every game on that list and it's stupid easy.

I've also backed up the .apk files to a flash drive and now I'm backing up the assets once they're downloaded. They all install to a directory under gameloft on your SD card, so unless I miss my guess they should be all you need to run the games in the future.
[quote name='M3wThr33']I deleted them all. They don't load properly on my Evo3D.
Also, they're storing your password in plain text, and passing it through using the URL. That's just bad practice.[/QUOTE]Like I said, just give them gibberish. I completely made up an email address and made the password something I would never use again. They don't have you authenticate the email address, so why give them anything useful?

I tried Lets Golf 2 on my Dell Streak. Loaded fine, downloaded the HUGE update. But when I went to play it, the graphics just went all black. My character was glowing. It was also not fitting the screen properly. I deleted that. I will try my two others....Oregon Trail and some FPS I got.

For people having probs:

Always a good idea to reboot your phone after installing.

If having trouble downloading supplemental files, make sure you have things like "Juice Defender" disabled so that your data connection isn't interrupted during the long download times.

It is not uncommon to have to "restart" these downloads or install steps several times before getting everything complete.

And don't forget to do a hard reboot.

The issue I'm running into is it keeps trying to install the giant files to my internal storage as opposed to my 16gb sd card... SO installer for DH2 for instance keeps stopping due to disk space issues. how do you make a droid install the apps to the card?

[quote name='The Nephilim']The issue I'm running into is it keeps trying to install the giant files to my internal storage as opposed to my 16gb sd card... SO installer for DH2 for instance keeps stopping due to disk space issues. how do you make a droid install the apps to the card?[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, that's odd. ASTRO File Manager just installs the executable and then the assets are immediately downloaded to my SD card after launching the app. This is on a Droid X, though.

Anyone know if anything they have is compatible with the Droid X2? It's not listed and technically not supported, but I see some of you have figured out other phones that some of these work for.

[quote name='Techsticles']Anyone know if anything they have is compatible with the Droid X2? It's not listed and technically not supported, but I see some of you have figured out other phones that some of these work for.[/QUOTE]

I would guess that any Droid X game would work on the X2.

[quote name='GT']I would guess that any Droid X game would work on the X2.[/QUOTE]
The Droid X2 has a 540 x 960 resolution, the X is different. I see they have the Atrix listed so I'll probably try to dl a game for it since it has the same Tegra video processor and resolution.

[quote name='tpp0230']No Club option for the EVO3D. I wanted to try a 3D game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it doesn't look like any qHD phones have a club option.

[quote name='6er']I know others have done it with 3d with no issues besides a game or two. Wierd.[/QUOTE]

I was 0 for 3. I gave up after that.

NOVA2 (Evo Shift) didn't install.
Sacred Whatever (Evo 4G) installed, but would crash right at the start
Let's Golf 2 (Evo 4G) the game I'd ACTUALLY PLAY, didn't fill the screen and their blitting made this horrible double-effect and the touchscreen was all wrong.

[quote name='Zmonkay']couldn't install Nova 1, though I suspect that's because my phone is dumb and thinks its already installed, when it's just the demo Sprint forced on there.[/QUOTE]

Same thing that happened to me.

Anyone been able to get Gangstar app to work? It opens, download the file, but it won't open. (EVO 4G) I've tried the droid x apk, and the evo one. Neither works...Best method to get all of the games. Make dummy account [email protected], password. Rinse and repeat. Anyone else try the rest of the EVO apps? I just downloaded them all after x amount of fake email accounts.

Update: I downloaded Gangstar: Miami Vindication (Droid X apk), and it's loading right now. It's the previous title in the series, but hey free is free. The videos don't load, you just get the voice over. I'm going to try and reinstall it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sendme']So the Nova that is on the EVO is just a demo? I guess I will get the full game and maybe 2.[/QUOTE]

I found a way for Nova to work. You select the Evo Shift as your device, and download that apk. It installs properly, and it always you to save and continue your game. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet. I hope this helps!

Does anyone have a direct link on how to cancel this gamerloft club subscription. I didn't enter in my CC infor nor even my mobile phone number, but I tried out the two games on my phone so who knows if they have me on file.

I can't for the life of me find out where to unsubscribe. It says in their terms and conditions that you can click unsubscribe from their "mobile" site anytime, but this isn't anywhere to be found. Anyone have a direct link?

[quote name='Darkfire']Does anyone have a direct link on how to cancel this gamerloft club subscription. I didn't enter in my CC infor nor even my mobile phone number, but I tried out the two games on my phone so who knows if they have me on file.

I can't for the life of me find out where to unsubscribe. It says in their terms and conditions that you can click unsubscribe from their "mobile" site anytime, but this isn't anywhere to be found. Anyone have a direct link?[/QUOTE]

I don't have a direct link, but if you click my gameloft account and then terminate my account.

Firefox Private Browsing + Droid X + 24 Free Games = Thanks OP!

Question, now that I've downloaded these, do I have to be signed up or sign up again to run these on my phone or are these clean installs?

i don't see the free club option after i pick my phone...evo 4g
all the games say buy for 3-5$

Downloaded the apks from the desktop site, threw them on my EVO 4G. All 4 games say they need additional data to run, but the progress bar just sits there empty..mocking me. WTF?

[quote name='Muthafodder']Firefox Private Browsing + Droid X + 24 Free Games = Thanks OP!

Question, now that I've downloaded these, do I have to be signed up or sign up again to run these on my phone or are these clean installs?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I canceled all of my email accounts and they work fine so far...

I tried a couple of these today

Spiderman is fun as hell and the Uncharted clone is amazing. They did a ridiculously good job making this. I can't stop playing it.

My experiences with Gameloft games and the Droid X2 are not good. On their website they say it isn't supported at all, and it appears the games don't work very well (or at least I haven't been able to get them to work yet). All of the games will open up once and download additional data, like they are supposed to, but that's generally when it stops working.

Let's Golf 2: After downloading data, everytime you try to run it, the program force closes saying it encountered a problem.

Dungeon Hunter 2: Installs and appears to run fine, but the touch screen calibration is all off (probably because the image is being scaled to the higher resolution, but the touch sensitive areas stay in the same location).

NOVA 2: Installs fine, menus work great. Can't get it to load the first level - it just stays on a progress bar loading forever.

If anyone can get any of the games to work, I'd love to hear it. Of all of these, I actually would BUY Let's Golf 2 because that's the only one I actually want, but it doesn't seem to be compatible...

[quote name='dmdragon']I tried a couple of these today

Spiderman is fun as hell and the Uncharted clone is amazing. They did a ridiculously good job making this. I can't stop playing it.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you man.

This stuff makes me nervous.

It's as easy as deleting cookies to continue downloading games, and it doesn't require a credit card ?

I downloaded the .apks to my desktop and then transferred them to my phone. Is there any possible way for my account to get charged ?

[quote name='matteo']This stuff makes me nervous.

It's as easy as deleting cookies to continue downloading games, and it doesn't require a credit card ?

I downloaded the .apks to my desktop and then transferred them to my phone. Is there any possible way for my account to get charged ?[/QUOTE]
None. Even if they tried and who knows how succeeded you could sue them for fraud.

Odd on chrome I never saw an option to join the gameloft club. All I see are buy options and when I click them I have to put in a credit card.

[quote name='sendme']Odd on chrome I never saw an option to join the gameloft club. All I see are buy options and when I click them I have to put in a credit card.[/QUOTE]

I checked it last night and I think they fixed it up to require a credit card to join the club before you can download a game.

[quote name='fatboyjam']I checked it last night and I think they fixed it up to require a credit card to join the club before you can download a game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - the loophole still works for me. This is a bit ridiculous.

So I downloaded all the games onto my computer. Is there anything special I need to do with the .apk file when putting it onto my droid?

Nevermind, I read about the Astro app and its working. Does anyone know of any games not listed to work on the original droid that do work? Would love to get the uncharted clone but its not listed for the original droid

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrshllJcb']So I downloaded all the games onto my computer. Is there anything special I need to do with the .apk file when putting it onto my droid?

Nevermind, I read about the Astro app and its working. Does anyone know of any games not listed to work on the original droid that do work? Would love to get the uncharted clone but its not listed for the original droid[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure but maybe you could try downloading the games for the Droid 2. I downloaded Nova for the Evo Shift because I have the demo preinstalled on my Evo. Works just fine.

bread's done
Back