2 free Xbox 360 Rock Band songs with Preorder of Disturbed's new cd from BestBuy.com!

You get the songs immediately, or upon release?

It says upon order... so I'm wondering if I could just cancel the order once I get the songs?

[quote name='spoo']Preording is officially getting out of hand with preordering of CDs.[/QUOTE]

I preorder cds quite often on amazon... Anyway, could someone post when they actually receive a download code. It says if you have previously opted-out of marketing emails, you won't receive it, and I have no idea whether I have or not.

[quote name='Rocko']You get the songs immediately, or upon release?

It says upon order... so I'm wondering if I could just cancel the order once I get the songs?[/QUOTE]

IDK, I ordered it this morning. But all I have received is the order confirmation email. I have yet t receive the email with the code.

Disturbed's official website says you get the code June 3rd, so can't cancel but can probably return after you get the album.

http://www.disturbed1.com/node/1440

Starting Sunday 5/4 pre-order the new album Indestructible on bestbuy.com and get a code to redeem "Inside The Fire" and "Indestructible" on June 3 for Xbox 360 RockBand for free.

The songs will be available eventually for purchase, right?

I hope, since I'm in Canada and can't pre-order it. Unless they bring this to Best Buy Canada or Future Shop then I won't be able to get them. I assume it could be like the Harmonix Pack from OXM, released a month or so after the OXM.

Don't have rock band, but thanks for the info. I freaking Love Disturbed, didn't know they had a new album. I sure hope it is less about politics this time though. I kind liked the angry stuff.

I am not a big Disturbed fan (although I generally enjoy what I've heard), but I went ahead and pre-ordered. I'll cancel, of course, after I get the codes (and if that isn't possible, I will return the album).

The album has an awesome cover, though.

I just emailed Best Buy to see if they know when they'll have the codes (disturbed site might just be talking about the album release). I'll let you guys know what they say.

this kind of promotion would definitely get me back into the cd buying game.
if they did it for a band that was listenable, that is

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Does bestbuy charge your cc upon preordering or when it ships? Wasn't to sure and couldn't find it anywhere on their site.[/quote]

hmm.. I'd like to know that too. Either way, I think I'll pre-order on Friday when I get paid. Thanks OP, I love Disturbed. :bouncy:

[quote name='thePhildown']hmm.. I'd like to know that too. Either way, I think I'll pre-order on Friday when I get paid. Thanks OP, I love Disturbed. :bouncy:[/quote]

What is your sig from?

thanks OP. in for the preorder and can't wait for the new tracks on Rock Band.

For those wondering when they charge your card, it is only when the item ships. At least that what it says in the confirmation email after purchasing the pre order.

Rock Band and Disturbed in one promotion? Two of my favorite things. It's like this was designed just for me :whistle2:D

Thanks OP. This was gonna be a first day buy for me anyway, so I'm more than happy to grab the Rock Band tracks with it. In for one.

I don't like the trend here. There is some kind of money changing hands, and it seems like it would take away time from the developers working on older proven songs, whether from the band paying them (Disturbed has plenty of "proven" tracks to choose from), or other more worthy bands. They are already getting top dollar for these tracks, lets keep as much outsider influence out of it as possible.
Guaranteed even if these are "free" tracks, they be released taking up a weekly slot down the road.

Of course, I love the track on Rock Band from that group of teenagers that hadn't even been released on an album yet, so I don't mind unproven tracks once in a while.

[quote name='serum79']This is only good for XBOX 360?!
Well that sucks![/QUOTE]

Agree'd. Where's the logic in making this a 360-only promotion? I'm not a huge Disturbed fan, but I would have bit for the RB tracks - if it had included the PS3. Oh well, their loss.

Big fan of Disturbed and big fan of Rock Band. It's like two great flavors mixed together, yay! Consider this pre-ordered, thanks for the info.

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Does bestbuy charge your cc upon preordering or when it ships? Wasn't to sure and couldn't find it anywhere on their site.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, they will do holding charges, sometimes a LOT of holding charges, but will not actually process the charge until it ships. I swear they did at least 12 holding charges on my halo 3 preorder, but I had the game in hand before the charge fully posted to my card.

[quote name='argyle']Agree'd. Where's the logic in making this a 360-only promotion? I'm not a huge Disturbed fan, but I would have bit for the RB tracks - if it had included the PS3. Oh well, their loss.[/QUOTE]

This probably isn't correct, but there's always a chance: I wonder if it has anything to do with their label contract, and providing content to competitors.

You know, SCEA being a division of Sony, which operates Sony Music, 50% of Sony BMG, etc.

It's a wild theory, but you never know.

Man this sucks that it's a Xbox 360 only thing, WTF honestly! I would jump on this in a heart beat if it was PS3 also. I got to get this album anyways and getting 2 free RB tracks is even sweeter deal. Crossing my fingers for PS3 download also. Oh also might wanna change OP or at least title for Xbox 360 only for the time being.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']This probably isn't correct, but there's always a chance: I wonder if it has anything to do with their label contract, and providing content to competitors.

You know, SCEA being a division of Sony, which operates Sony Music, 50% of Sony BMG, etc.

It's a wild theory, but you never know.[/quote]

From the link I have gathered that it seems to be only for Xbox 360:

"While supplies last, when you order online, you'll also receive two Best Buy exclusive bonus tracks for the hot Xbox 360 video game Rock Band.
Bonus tracks can be downloaded from the Xbox Live site after you receive e-mail
instructions."

[quote name='serum79']From the link I have gathered that it seems to be only for Xbox 360:
[/QUOTE]

We've covered that. Several times.

Darnit! Disturbed's my favorite band!

...but I don't have Rock Band (yet!)

Is it possible for me to uhh, get the songs in advanced on my hard drive and buy Rock Band later, lol.

[quote name='vietgurl']Darnit! Disturbed's my favorite band!

...but I don't have Rock Band (yet!)

Is it possible for me to uhh, get the songs in advanced on my hard drive and buy Rock Band later, lol.[/quote]
I don't see why not, I figure the promo code is same as putting in XBox Live or XBLA game code. Then again I can imagine Harmonix putting this out as a future DL without game preorder over an extended time (I'm looking at you motherfucking OXM disc).

[quote name='smoger']hate distubred, but this is a great way for the record industry to increase record sales[/quote]

Absolutely right. I can't believe it took them this long to figure this out, then again, it took them years to figure out not to put DRM on songs.

Also, I wish Guitar Hero would do this, but at least not with recent Disturbed songs. They haven't been good for awhile.

Has anyone who pre-ordered got any codes yet? Kotaku is saying that you get the codes right away, but I'm thinking you don't get them 'til June.

[quote name='Trakan']Has anyone who pre-ordered got any codes yet? Kotaku is saying that you get the codes right away, but I'm thinking you don't get them 'til June.[/QUOTE]

The only email I have received is the confirmation of the preorder.

I'd guess they'd post something on the Rock Band forums Announcement section before the songs were finished. They probably aren't done charting them and getting them verfied through MS yet.

I preorderded. No email. I called them and the rep didn't know what I was talking about and couldn't look up the promotion. Told me to call back tomorrow if I still haven't gotten the codes.

bread's done
Back