2 free Xbox 360 Rock Band songs with Preorder of Disturbed's new cd from BestBuy.com!

Pre-ordered the CD but no code email yet....They shouldn't word the description to sound like it's instant and then make people wait.

[quote name='bardockkun']I don't see why not, I figure the promo code is same as putting in XBox Live or XBLA game code. Then again I can imagine Harmonix putting this out as a future DL without game preorder over an extended time (I'm looking at you motherfucking OXM disc).[/QUOTE]

That OXM disc was such a crock of shit... I paid $10 for those songs for when I get Rock Band, since it was exclusive to OXM and they made it clear it was always going to be exclusive to OXM.

But nope, now the songs are $3 for all three on the Marketplace, and I paid $10 for a shit mag =/

My email about the codes has been forwarded to their Promotions department and I'll have a reply within 72 hours, BUT

now they dropped the price to 9.99 on bestbuy.com/disturbed and didn't change my order based on their guarantee:

Pre-order price guarantee
Pre-order any title at BestBuy.com, and if the Best Buy price — online or in-store — has dropped by the release date, you'll automatically be charged the lower price.

I guess I'll email them about this too.

[quote name='Roufuss']That OXM disc was such a crock of shit... I paid $10 for those songs for when I get Rock Band, since it was exclusive to OXM and they made it clear it was always going to be exclusive to OXM.

But nope, now the songs are $3 for all three on the Marketplace, and I paid $10 for a shit mag =/[/QUOTE]

Why $10? It wasn't even that much if you bought the CD straight from OXM.
They still had copies to sell even when the DLC content came out - I got it from them only a week or two before (and they accidentally sent 2 copies). You can even just borrow that CD.

Oh, and the Best Buy price is $9.99 on Disturbed now... take your screenshots or re-do orders if need be (or hope Best Buy gives the correct price). The service rep I emailed said they charge the lower of two prices: what you ordered at, and the release day price. If it goes back up, out of luck (unless you reorder).
The Disturbed site says the codes are redeemable on the 3rd of June - so wouldn't expect them early.

just got a reply.. guess we're definitely waiting till the release.

and now apparently I have to call for the price match, which is realllllly lame.
Thank you for your recent inquiry concerning the two free bonus tracks for Rock Band.

After you place your order, you will receive an e-mail with download
instructions for these bonus Rock Band tracks:
"Inside the Fire"
"Perfect Insanity"

Bonus tracks can be downloaded from the Xbox Live site after you receive e-mail
instructions. If you have previously opted out of our marketing e-mails, you
will not receive the download instructions.
Please also check your junk-mail inbox.

It states on www.disturbed1.com that the customer will receive their codes on
June 3rd to redeem their bonus tracks for Xbox 360 Rock Band
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. We look
forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com.

Ill pre order this soon since I'm going to go see them in concert in July. They are one of my favorite bands and have been a fan for several years, and can't wait to listen to their new cd and play their songs on rockband. Anyone else going to see them in concert?

I just pre-ordered and got an email with a code to enter into the disturbed website starting on june 3rd.
this is what it said:
Here's your code to choose two tracks from
the new album for the Xbox 360 version of
Rock Band:

CODE: *taken out for obvious reasons*

Please enter this code on the next page
to get started — and have fun rocking out
on the Xbox 360!
http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/P/v3/r.asp?r=T1_Url14&e=10318;951690;1366359929;1;02&a=1007

[quote name='bardockkun']I don't see why not, I figure the promo code is same as putting in XBox Live or XBLA game code. Then again I can imagine Harmonix putting this out as a future DL without game preorder over an extended time (I'm looking at you motherfucking OXM disc).[/quote]

I can't find the original story but here is a link that says Harmonix stated the songs would be available publicly for 360 and PS3 sometime in June. I love Disturbed, but I'm not sure if I want their new cd or not. I'll just wait and get the songs on their own.

[quote name='fieldkillah']I just pre-ordered and got an email with a code to enter into the disturbed website starting on june 3rd.
this is what it said:
Rock Band:

CODE: *taken out for obvious reasons*

Please enter this code on the next page
to get started — and have fun rocking out
on the Xbox 360!
[/quote]

Wtf? I preordered 2 weeks ago and nothing yet.

[quote name='fieldkillah']Did you opt out of marketing emails from best buy?[/quote]

Nope, but then again others haven't gotten codes either

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Nope, but then again others haven't gotten codes either[/quote]

Strange. I preordered the cd/dvd a few mins before I made my post and got that email immediately .

They seem to have dropped the price of the CD to $10. Also:
Rock Band

That is very interesting...

So do they put a hold on your cc until it ships or is it like amazon that charges on it ships? Would love to know as I want to preorder it but don't have money on my debit card right now.

Question for anyone who preordered. Did you get an order confirmation email and/or does it show up on your order status page? I ask because it isn't showing up on my order status, and the only email I have gotten regarding it is the one with the DLC code.
Here's a picture of the email, just in case people thought I was lying.

I wish this would just be an insert inside the cd. I'd rather just buy this in the store when it comes out.

Hope its not too long for them to just be dlc.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Got the codes within seconds of getting my order confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Codes for the disturbed site, or teh actual codes to put into your 360 for the songs?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Codes for the disturbed site, or teh actual codes to put into your 360 for the songs?[/quote]

Code for disturbed site, it says to come back on June 3rd to use code download songs.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Code for disturbed site, it says to come back on June 3rd to use code download songs.[/quote]

Rofl... The code isn't exclusive... There are 6 digits to the code

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Rofl... The code isn't exclusive... There are 6 digits to the code[/quote]

Either way the cd will go back to BB so no big deal.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Rofl... The code isn't exclusive... There are 6 digits to the code[/quote]

I'm pretty certain it will work out like the GHIII code, you get a code to post online after the given date, then you get an exclusive code to redeem off the XBLM.

Here's the site:
http://disturbed1.com/xbox/

To redeem your token code, go to the Xbox 360® Dashboard and enter Xbox LIVE® Marketplace. Select the Redeem Code option to enter your code to begin downloading your content.
Xbox LIVE and Games for Windows-LIVE System Requirements:
For Xbox 360 system and games, requires Gold for online multiplayer, co-op, and some downloads. For supported Games for Windows titles on Windows XP and Windows Vista-based PCs, requires Gold for some types of online multiplayer (e.g., cross-platform and matchmaking) in available games. Some LIVE services require additional hardware (e.g., headset, camera) and fees. Features may change without notice. Subject to Terms of Use (at www.xbox.com/live/termsofuse.htm). Broadband Internet service (sold separately), Windows LiveTM ID, and Hard Drive (sold separately) or Memory Unit (sold separately) required. Some broadband services may not work with LIVE and performance may vary. Available in the 50 U.S., D.C., Canada, Puerto Rico, and Mexico. Under 13 requires parental consent.
Non-refundable. Not valid for purchase or resale.
The code contained herein will not be replaced by Microsoft if it is lost or stolen, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
NO CREDIT CARD REQUIRED.
Quantites are limited.

I pre-ordered on May 5 and still haven't received my email with the codes. I emailed customer service and they replied saying that "due to higher than normal volume" they would reply in 48-72 hours.

My experience with their customer service online hasn't been good, but at least it gets me in their system.

I actually emailed them a few days ago about it, and they gave me the canned June 3rd answer. I then replied back with the screenshot that was posted a few pages back, and said that the code for the website is not the same as the one that is bundled with the cd for the content on the disturbed website... I got this reply back.

"I will escalate this case just to check out why you have not receive the code. Please contact us back in 5 business days.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

Honestly, I cant argue, at least the rep wasn't hard headed enough to argue the point about the two codes being the same. I'll post with what the resolution is in 4 days (assuming that they answer me back quickly)

Just ordered and immediately received the second email with a code.

Ten bucks for the cd shipped with two free RB tracks is too hard to pass up.

Yeah, I placed my order on the 4th and still nothing. I'm wondering if I should cancel and rebuy. It was $11.99 when I placed my order anyway.

[quote name='Lokki']Yeah, I placed my order on the 4th and still nothing. I'm wondering if I should cancel and rebuy. It was $11.99 when I placed my order anyway.[/quote]You can't cancel unless you do it within 15 minutes of placing the order. I know, it's retarded.

I pre-ordered about the time this thread was posted and still no codes yet. Guess I'll join in the email support train if I don't get one by tomorrow. :bomb:

[quote name='lawl']You can't cancel unless you do it within 15 minutes of placing the order. I know, it's retarded.[/quote]

You should be able to cancel the order if you call Customer Care.

I preordered and I received a code within minutes.

From the looks of it one can still cancel and still use the code. It seems like Best Buy is only distributing the codes. From the looks of the Disturbed Rock Band website Best Buy is not mentioned even once so I think by canceling the order from Best Buy the code does not become void.

I decided to experiment for myself by canceling my order minutes after I received the code for the two songs.

I guess the only way to find out is to wait until June 3rd...
I will tell everyone the result then.

I ordered and got the code within seconds. I guess i still have time to cancel... Hopefully i can return the CD in store after i get it from Best Buy. Otherwise i guess i get a new CD.

is there a way to cancel the order online or do you have to call them?

because I didn't see any cancel button on my order status page...

[quote name='thepik241']I preordered and I received a code within minutes.

From the looks of it one can still cancel and still use the code. It seems like Best Buy is only distributing the codes. From the looks of the Disturbed Rock Band website Best Buy is not mentioned even once so I think by canceling the order from Best Buy the code does not become void.

I decided to experiment for myself by canceling my order minutes after I received the code for the two songs.

I guess the only way to find out is to wait until June 3rd...
I will tell everyone the result then.[/quote]

[quote name='teddybass']is there a way to cancel the order online or do you have to call them?

because I didn't see any cancel button on my order status page...[/quote]

You have to call or email them.

bread's done
Back