2 free Xbox 360 Rock Band songs with Preorder of Disturbed's new cd from BestBuy.com!

You guys who are canceling after getting your code realize you are only encouraging harmonix and any record labels to NEVER do this type of promotion again right?

Seriously.

I pre-ordered when this deal first started and never got a code. I emailed customer service and here is the answer i got:

"How are you today? I hope you are doing fine. I am Magalí with Best
Buy Dot.Com Customer Care.

I am sorry that you did not receive the codes, but unfortunately the
reason why is because nobody add those codes to the online order. Right
now we are not advertising the codes on the website so I will send this
case to our backoffice department so they can give you more
information. They will contact you within the next business days.

Thanks for contact us via e-mail, and have a great day.
Magalí
Best Buy Dot.Com Customer Care"

So basically looks like im screwed. Apparently outsourcing customer service didn't understand that i pre-ordered when the offer was going on and not as of that second..... So good luck to us early adopters. And thanks to the people that are cancelling the orders, taking extra codes that I actually paid for.

That's werid, you must have gotten a support agent who didn't know what the crap or I lucked out...

I apologize for the delay, I was doing some research on this and I was dispatched a case to our promotional department. They will contact you within 24-48 business hours to provide you with the codes.

Thank you very much for your time and patience. Have a wonderful weekend.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']You guys who are canceling after getting your code realize you are only encouraging harmonix and any record labels to NEVER do this type of promotion again right?

Seriously.[/quote]

I agree, $10 or $15 for the CD or the DVD with two free rock band tracks is a good value enough to keep you from cancelling the order, besides it's not confirmed yet that the codes from cancelled orders will work on Disturbed site come June 3rd...

Someone mention that the codes were not exclusive because they were only 6 digits, but I think they are unique to each order, 6 alphanumeric values can give you up to 2176782336 different codes... what I don't know is if they are tied to the order on Bestbuy.com

I had a similar experience, preordered cd on 5/10, never got the code, emailed customer service and got a reply with the same bs...

So I just cancelled my order for the cd and then preordered the CD+DVD edition and received the email with the code right away...

Looks like their system was not working right during the first days of this promotion, typical best buy screw-up

[quote name='madportagee']I pre-ordered when this deal first started and never got a code. I emailed customer service and here is the answer i got:

"How are you today? I hope you are doing fine. I am Magalí with Best
Buy Dot.Com Customer Care.

I am sorry that you did not receive the codes, but unfortunately the
reason why is because nobody add those codes to the online order. Right
now we are not advertising the codes on the website so I will send this
case to our backoffice department so they can give you more
information. They will contact you within the next business days.

Thanks for contact us via e-mail, and have a great day.
Magalí
Best Buy Dot.Com Customer Care"

So basically looks like im screwed. Apparently outsourcing customer service didn't understand that i pre-ordered when the offer was going on and not as of that second..... So good luck to us early adopters. And thanks to the people that are cancelling the orders, taking extra codes that I actually paid for.[/quote]

[quote name='teddybass']I had a similar experience, preordered cd on 5/10, never got the code, emailed customer service and got a reply with the same bs...

So I just cancelled my order for the cd and then preordered the CD+DVD edition and received the email with the code right away...[/quote]

I may do this if I don't hear anything by Tuesday night. It's been well over 48 hours since I got that email saying promotions would contact me, however I know most places do not work or count the weekend so I'll wait and see.

Half way tempted just to forget the whole thing and order the CD off iTunes and wait for Harmonix to release the tracks later. :bomb: Would have been so much easier if they'd just include a code in the first run or two of the discs.

Just got another email from bestbuy about the codes. Apparently they do email on the weekends. Mine is quite interesting

"There has been an unexpectedly high interest in this product and I
apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced concerning the delay
in receiving your early access codes for the pre-order of Age of Conan:
Hyborian Adventures DVD Game."

Not what i was expecting, so now i have to wait for them again.

I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced related to not receiving the Best Buy exclusive bonus tracks for the hot Xbox 360 video game Rock Band.

Please refer to: http://www.disturbed1.com/. This site says the download codes will be emailed out on June 3/08.

Bonus tracks can be downloaded from the Xbox Live site after you receive e-mail instructions. Please also check your junk-mail inbox.
So now I'm being told to shut up and wait.

I got this first:

"I am Tatiana with Best Buy Customer Care. How are you today?
Let me first apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced in this regard, and inform you that I have escalated your case to the Promotions team, and they will contact you with the information you requested. Please allow 5 business days in order to hear from them.
Again let me apologize for this, and thank you for your time. I wish you have a great day!
Tatiana."

Then I got this:

"
I am Monique with Best Buy Customer Care.

Thank you for your recent inquiry concerning the two free bonus tracks for Rockband.

After you place your order, you will receive an e-mail with download instructions for these bonus Rock Band tracks:
"Inside the Fire"
"Perfect Insanity"

You may refer to: http://www.disturbed1.com/
This site is saying the download codes will be emailed out on June 3/08.

Bonus tracks can be downloaded from the Xbox Live site after you receive e-mail instructions. If you have previously opted out of our marketing e-mails, you will not receive the download instructions.
Please also check your junk-mail inbox.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. We look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com.

Sincerely,
Monique
Best Buy Customer Care Team"

So I said the hell with it and re-ordered the cd from the website. Within 5 seconds I got the email with the download code. So now I'm going to just cancel the first order and be done with it. If there is one thing I've learned it's that Best Buy customer service is pathetically inept and have no knowledge of what is going on. That's why I try to order everything from Amazon now.

I bounced a few emails back and forth with the Customer Care folks arguing with them about the codes not being mailed out until June 3. I finally told her to just cancel my order. I then placed another pre-order and sure enough I got the codes right away. I was going to replay back with a copy of the email just to throw it in her face, but I let it go. :bomb:

So I ordered within the first couple of days or the preorder and never got the code. So just now I preordered again but I still have not received the code. Any ideas? Do you have to order the cd + Dvd or can you just order the cd?

Haven't read through the thread - but can I order online?

EDIT: Wow, I feel like an idiot. If only I would have clicked the link a bit earlier.

Thanks for the heads up everyone. I just re-preordered the CD and got the code immediately. Now I'm sitting on the phone, on hold, waiting to cancel my original order. It's a hassle for sure, but at least it all will work out in the end.

And hey, the price dropped $2 since I ordered first, PLUS I remembered to use a $5 rewardzone certificate. $5.30 shipped, with the rock band tracks ain't too shabby :)

Loved their first album, but have not been too impressed with the last 2. Probably will just skip this one altogether.

[quote name='micro44']Loved their first album, but have not been too impressed with the last 2. Probably will just skip this one altogether.[/quote]

I think this album really puts them back with the same sounds as the 1st one. The second was a little softer paced than their debut album and they got a little too political with the 3rd one. However, they didn't go out pushing their ideas like most famous people, they put it in their music and just let it do all the talking.

yea I just got done listening to it and I love it. There are some really good songs on it. I cant wait to play invincible on rockband it will rock.

Hey guys, double check your Banking statements!
It looks as though I got 14 Fraudulent Charges of $19.95 from something titled VODhelp.com Philadelphia.

Which looks like my BestBuy Charge, Which was BestBuyVOD Philadelphia.

just a heads up guys!

I got an email today saying my order from Best Buy was just shipped via USPS. So I guess I can't cancel the order and preorder it again like most people. Damn, am I screwed out the free downloads now?

[quote name='tcrash247']I got an email today saying my order from Best Buy was just shipped via USPS. So I guess I can't cancel the order and preorder it again like most people. Damn, am I screwed out the free downloads now?[/quote]Mine got shipped too and no code. Keep emailing BB. I'm trying to get them to forward me to the higher ups cause these outsourced reps with canned responses aren't helping...

Probably going to call if I don't get anything soon.

Okay, just called again. Guy knew exactly what I was talking about and said not to worry about it and the codes should come the day of release.

I still don't get why people have already gotten them if they order now, but we'll see.

[quote name='lawl']Okay, just called again. Guy knew exactly what I was talking about and said not to worry about it and the codes should come the day of release.

I still don't get why people have already gotten them if they order now, but we'll see.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the update.

guys i got the same response. I'd say your not getting them. If I were you I'd preorder another to get the codes and then just cancel it once you recieve the codes.

I just pre-ordered since I had a $5 certificate and like a dollar left on a gift card I found. I already received my code and clicked on the link "choose tracks now" which sent me to http://disturbed1.com/xbox/ Which says Enter your best buy pre order code on June 3. Then lower on the page it has
To redeem your token code, go to the Xbox 360® Dashboard and enter Xbox LIVE® Marketplace. Select the Redeem Code option to enter your code to begin downloading your content.

Maybe were just getting a code for Microsoft points?

Just noticed in the e-mail it says Code expires 6/17/2008.

I doubt it's for points, it's more than likely for the direct download for those two tracks. They've done that before with codes for specific items like Arcade Games, Betas and what not.

Tried pre-ordering the CD/DVD one to do the preorder/cancel combo you guys have been doing but my card kept getting denied, then I get an email saying my order shipped. Guess I'll have to wait and hope. All the better anyways, left me more money for that Amazon deal today.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52997

along for the ride this week is the long-awaited Disturbed three-pack of songs from their new album INDESTRUCTIBLE. Best Buy recently announced they are partnering with MTV Games and Hamonix to offer Disturbed fans the opportunity to download two free tracks from the band’s highly anticipated new album, INDESTRUCTIBLE. By pre-ordering the album at www.BestBuy.com/disturbed, fans will receive instructions to download title track “Indestructible” and “Inside The Fire” for Rock Band from Xbox Live. Both of those songs will also be available to all Rock Band owners on 360 and PS3 along with a third track from the album "Perfect Insanity". Each Disturbed track will be available for $.99 per track (80 Microsoft Points) for a limited time, or $2.99 (240 Microsoft Points) for the three pack.

[quote name='OrngRubberDucky']I just pre-ordered since I had a $5 certificate and like a dollar left on a gift card I found. I already received my code and clicked on the link "choose tracks now" which sent me to http://disturbed1.com/xbox/ Which says Enter your best buy pre order code on June 3. Then lower on the page it has
To redeem your token code, go to the Xbox 360® Dashboard and enter Xbox LIVE® Marketplace. Select the Redeem Code option to enter your code to begin downloading your content.

Maybe were just getting a code for Microsoft points?

Just noticed in the e-mail it says Code expires 6/17/2008.[/QUOTE]

The Marketplace code we'll get will download a special 2 pack of those songs. This is similar to the way you got Bonus Songs in the Guitar Hero 3 Soundtrack CD. You had a code you entered into the website and it would spit out a unique Marketplace code for you to redeem.

I just hope the Marketplace code isn't what is going to expire later in June, I hope it's only the code to enter into the site to get the Marketplace code. My 360 just RROD'd last night. :(

I got my code the day I ordered it online like 1-2 weeks ago. BUT the site it links you too said i had to wait to june 3rd to enter the code anyway. I want the CD anyhow so I had no plans on returning it. I am sad that the disturbed pack coming out on rock band is THREE songs, but i guess i'll just buy the 3rd song that we dont get free since we only get 2 of them but the song "indestructible" is the 3rd one in the disturbed pack on XBL download for rock band this tues.

Available to put the codes in the site now. It never showed my redemption code though, and then when I tried again it said I ahd already redeemed it. I would probably wait until tomrorow. I tried it in Firefox and it did some screwy stuff. Definitely looks like i got hosed on my free songs. Oh well, all 3 songs are 240 MS points. Not a huge deal, but damn.

damn i'm really tempted to enter in my code.....but after you said that it be a bit of a waste.

Edit: I just clicked the submit button with nothing entered an it told me i already redeemed my code so dude.....try again tomorrow. All is not lost for you

I have a feeling it's just a simple error message. It does the same if you enter random numbers. Hopefully our codes are not voided as I entered mine too.

So, I pre-ordered the day the news came out about the deal. I never got an email from BB, so after reading this thread, I emailed BB last week asking about the codes and how other people were getting theirs right after placing the pre-order.

They responded with an email saying I would get the codes from Disturbed's website, but what I don't get is how the hell they know I pre-ordered. The cd should arrive tomorrow, so perhaps the code is being sent with the cd??

[quote name='jp0213']Cool, if all else fails, its only 240 pts. Would be nice to not have to pay for 2 of them lol.[/quote]
agreed, but you could get jimmy buffett songs with those points instead......

[quote name='outrage_display']So, I pre-ordered the day the news came out about the deal. I never got an email from BB, so after reading this thread, I emailed BB last week asking about the codes and how other people were getting theirs right after placing the pre-order.

They responded with an email saying I would get the codes from Disturbed's website, but what I don't get is how the hell they know I pre-ordered. The cd should arrive tomorrow, so perhaps the code is being sent with the cd??[/quote]Nope. I already got my CD. No code.

It's going back to BB tomorrow.

So, yeah. Apparently, these are multiple use codes.

Courtesy of Avis from the Xbox 360 Rock Band forum at GameFAQs:

" Go to http://disturbed1.com/xbox
Enter 1lfa89 and click submit.
Enter the code you receive on Live for the songs."

I just tried it and it works fine. I was planning on purchasing the pack anyway, but hey, you can't beat free.

Enjoy!

[quote name='Ninja Knife']So, yeah. Apparently, these are multiple use codes.

I just tried it and it works fine. I was planning on purchasing the pack anyway, but hey, you can't beat free.

Enjoy![/quote]

Saved me from having to buy points thanks.

Enjoy![/quote]

Thanks.

Enjoy![/quote]
Thank you so much for this! :applause:

I preordered early from best buy and never got the code as well. When I emailed them they said they were going to have someone get back to me within 48-72 hours, but they never did. Guess I'll have to try just using that other code on disturbed's site to get the songs I paid for.

bread's done
Back