2 Maps out of 17....Which one's will make the May 24th cut? -Halo 2-

rywateska

CAGiversary!
Feedback
100 (100%)
Supposedly there will be nine new maps coming out for Halo 2… Out of those nine I am predicting at least two will be returning maps from Halo and/or Halo PC. I was wondering what maps would make the best transition to Halo 2 multiplayer. Given that Battle Creek/Beaver Creek and Blood Gulch/Coagulation have already been copied, what are your thoughts on the remaining 17 maps in the Halo universe? …which do you think would be the best in a second incarnation?

Hang em’ High
Sidewinder
Damnation
Chill Out
Death Island
Prisoner
Timberland
Danger Canyon
Boarding Action
Ice Fields
Longest
Rat Race
Wizard
Chiron TL-34
Gephyrophobia
Infinity
Derelict

I absolutely despise Boarding Action. I hope to everything that that one isn't added!

I would personally enjoy Sidewinder and Hang 'em High redone.

Remember how annoying Coagulation can be though? The favorites may not be the way to go whenever retooling the maps...that's just my opinion though.

...I could go for a Boarding Action, snipers everywhere!

Hang 'Em High with Rockets or Prisoner with Rockets was good fun in Halo 1. I'd like to see both come back.

[quote name='Rig']I absolutely despise Boarding Action. I hope to everything that that one isn't added!

I would personally enjoy Sidewinder and Hang 'em High redone.[/quote]

Agreed. Sidewinder is such a good CTF map.

[quote name='rywateska']Remember how annoying Coagulation can be though? The favorites may not be the way to go whenever retooling the maps...thats just my opinion though.

...I could go for a Boarding Action, snipers everywhere![/quote]

For the most part, (at every LAN party/Halo tourney I went to) Blood Gulch was always played, which is why it saw its way into Halo 2.

And snipers are the reason why I hate Boarding Action. That damn level pisses me off to no end!

I'd have to say Hang 'em High and Sidewinder, if there were only two included.

I would really, really like to see Damnation get added in though; that map was the hidden gem out of all the multiplayer maps in the original. I would get together with a friend nearly every other weekend to play Halo last year. One day, he was like, Dude, there's this map we have GOT to play. We'd overlooked it regularly up until then, and it is easily one of the best boards of them all. It seems to work great for anywhere between 2-6 players, and can sometimes be good for as many as 8 players.

I'd like to play some of the Halo PC maps though...I never touched that game and have yet to actually play on any of those levels. Death Island and Timberland have always looked interesting...

i haven't played much multiplayer of the first halo, but when i did, it was ALWAYS blood gulch or chill out (i think)...

but my friend is a halo nut and he said that hang em high was a popular one...so i guess that will probably be one of them

Hang 'em High is obviously going to win by default, but my personal favorites other than Blood Gulch are Sidewinder, and Boarding Action. Even though a lot of people hate that map, it does test your sniping, grenading, and rocket skills.

Hang em High and Sidewinder are most assuredly in so theres no point to mentioning them, though they are awesome. I'd love to have Death Island though with some Scoprions.

Prisoner and Sidewinder I say, but I hope they change them enough to make them interesting again. Anything would be better than Chiron TL-34. Teleporters everywhere... what a terrible idea.

Shotties No Shields on Chiron was a helluva lotta fun back when I played on XBC. That was the one great thing that level was good for.

Hang Em High I played the most when I was a full-blown Halo addict, though I enjoyed Longest the most because, being my namesake stage, I rocked at it. I am a surgeon with a shotgun.

[quote name='rywateska']I'd like to play some of the Halo PC maps though...I never touched that game and have yet to actually play on any of those levels. Death Island and Timberland have always looked interesting...[/quote]

I played some of the PC version, but do not know any of the names. There are a few really nice levels in there that I would like to play. There are six levels I would like to see added, but I do not know their names.

I do know what death lsland is though, and it is a really great level that is extremely fun. The level is really big, and you can go a good minute without seeing someone, though when they come up on you out of no where it is awesome (nothing like sneaking to the base only to have a tank blow your ass up)

Timberland I have no clue on though

[quote name='Trakan']Shotties No Shields on Chiron was a helluva lotta fun back when I played on XBC. That was the one great thing that level was good for.[/quote]

YESSS!!!!!
Longest is a good level for shotties no shields.

My favorite Halo map would be Wizard. I hope they bring it back. Foundation definitely is not a worthy successor...

Death Island! Banshees, tanks and warthogs all on the same map. All around good fun. :)

Out of this thread I am going to fire up Halo 1 for the first time since November 8th to check out all the old maps and see what I could go for again...I'll be sure to post up what I remember.

I played Halo PC to death for a period of about a year and a half. In fact, I'd bet I've played it more than any other single game in my life. I still play it off and on, in between bouts of 2.

With that in mind, I'll say a few things about the stand-out maps that were only available in Halo PC.

Death Island: Instantly recognizable, as much of the map is a copy-and-paste of the beginning segments of the Silent Cartographer from the Halo 1 campaign. Fairly fun map, and would benefit from the vehicle changes in Halo 2. Banshees were introduced into multiplayer for Halo PC, but were nigh invincible as there was no reliable way to take them down. This led to some serious balance issues obviously, and the map lost its appeal quickly. The myriad of ways available to destroy a Banshee in Halo 2 make this map a fine candidate for reintroduction.

Timberland: Probably the most popular new map from Halo PC. Finely tuned and balanced for both medium and long range gunfights, with base designs copied directly from Sidewinder. I doubt this one will see the light of day though, which is a real shame. Or not, if you despise sneaky snipers, to whom this map caters to directly.

Danger Canyon: Another fun entry, featuring a high-road, low-road layout rife with choke points. One can either take a vehicle through the snaking valleys to confront the enemy base head-on, or go on foot through the back of your base to access a central bridge that leads directly to the same point at your opponent's base. A really fun map for both vehicle whores long-range gunfighters. Think vertical Sidewinder.

Ice Fields: The only map other than Sidewinder to feature an arctic setting. Medium-sized, fairly complicated map with may ins and outs to each base. Several one-way teleporters drop you off at a bridge overlooking the main vehicle choke point. Intense for CTF, since there are simply so many ways for the enemy to evade yo once grabbing the flag.

Gephyrophobia: Not unlike Unreal Tournament's Face, this map is supended in air with a long central walkway linking the two bases. Players not wishing to become sniper bait on their way across the bridge can use teleporters within their base to access the upper ledges that line the right and left side of the maps, giving access to several sniper rifles and Banshees. Or, you can take the Assault on Control Room-inspired lower walkway to the other side. Another wonderful CTF candidate, and would help to make Assault a little less tedious.

Infinity: Just like it suggests, this is probably the largest Halo map to date. Basically a huge figure-eight with a central choke point between the bases. Also features several tiers of long narrow bridges similar to those described in Danger Canyon. Not one of my favorite maps frankly, simply due to the fact that even 16 players is far too small for a map this size. This thing belongs in the Battlefield series.

And of course you all know the Halo 1 maps. Out of those, I'd personally like to see Prisoner and Chill Out make a return. I'd like to say that Hang 'Em High would be a nice addition, but it would befall the same fate as Coagulation. Without the original pistol, this map would be a chore.

The ones that I believe are most likely to make a return are Sidewinder (I've heard rumors of a jungle template for its return), and, unfortunately, Hang 'Em High.

If anyone has anymore questions regarding the Halo PC maps, give me a heads up and I'll be glad to answer.

One of the maps mentioned for the second wave of maps being released is "Elongation" Perhaps it's a port/update of Longest.

there was some article that named all of the maps coming out and i'm pretty sure one of them was Wizard.

yea, it was called warlock and it was a redone version of wizard,
what I want to see is damnation, prisoner, and sidewinder redone, those were great

bread's done
Back