20,000th Registered CAG Contest Thread - Win $200 good at VideoGameDeals.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Congratulations Ledhead, the winner of the $200 www.VideoGameDeals.com voucher winner!

A big thanks to everyone that is a part of the growing CAG community. We're all helping make the dream of cheap video games a reality.

To celebrate our 20,000th registered user, CAG is going to give away 20,000 pennies in the form of a $200 VideoGameDeals.com Gift Voucher.

To enter this giveaway, simply post in this thread and tell us what being a CAG means to you. Do not post anything but a single entry in this thread.

Winner will be chosen at random.
One entry and post per person.
Contest ends September 30th at midnight EST.[/b]

CAG to me means increased shopping efficiency and instant communication about game deals, as well as interesting discussions about games.

A CAG means to me is buying 14 games in the 1st 2 weeks of August. On average I would buy games at regular price and maybe buy 2 games per year. But now that i am a CAGer i buy too many games it's crazy!

CAG is the only reasonable response to the insane glut of must-have titles we've got this season. And using my first post to screw up some acronyms was sort of humbling, which is an experience I probably don't get often enough.

To me, CAG means getting to take a chance and discover great games. Beyond Good & Evil, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Freedom Fighters are just a few of the great games I never would have noticed if they hadn't been cheap.

CAG has helped me find some of the best deals around and it is one of the only sites on the Internet I check daily for updates. Thank you CAG and heres to 20,000 more.

Great to be a CAG member, sharing the obsession of buying more video games than you could ever play in your lifetime, (even if you did break your leg and couldn't leave the bed for 6 months) all the while spending the least amount of money (or none at all) in the process.

Being a CAG means that I can buy more great games for cheap and have a great online community to talk with also.

being a CAG means driving an hour out of my way to save $3 on a game. waiting 6 months for a game to drop in price by $10 before i get it. the excitement of getting a game no matter how crappy for $5.

good times!

At first, CAG meant getting great games at cheap ass prices. But the more I grew to know and love this site, I realized it didn't save me any money at all. I came to realize I spent just as much money, if not more, because the deals at the site just keep coming. First, the BB $4.99 game clearance. Then, the CC $5 or more off every game sale. Followed by the CC $4.99 game clearance. And then the TRU 50% off sale...it never ends! Each of those sales I came away with a ton of games. So really, I was spending more money than before. Of course, I am getting games at unbelievable prices, so I couldn't be happier with this site.

It has been on my Favorites tab in my web browser for a long time, and will continue to do so. I check it daily, it's just a habit...a need.

Thanks CheapyD and to all the moderators and everyone else who keeps this site going. I wouldn't be the same gamer without it!

What CAG means to me

By Mr. Grave Addiction

CAG means not having to spend the insane amount of money for overpriced games when you can come here and find what you want for a reasonable price.

For me, CAG means never having to pay $49.99 for a game again. It means getting the best deal possible and people helping each other out who all have the same thing in common - they're gamers.

Me? A cheapass? Why not? IT doesn't pay like it used to.

Besides, the money i save by being thrifty I can spend on beer.

MMmmmm. Beer.

I just joined up, but have been using this site as much as humanly possible on a low budget. For me, being a CAGamer means never having to get fleeced by first run non-discounted sales. And also means having a good excuse for my girlfriend why I bought 3 new games instead of one overpriced one. CheapyD, you are god's gift to poor gamers!!!!

Honestly, CAG doesn't mean much to me. It's just a website. If I didn't use this site for game deals I'd find another one as there's plenty out there. I think its hilarious how much ass kissing you guys are willing to do to get $200.

CAG means Cheap ass games...
It is also the place where i get great deals on games that I normally wouldn't know about (Hence why I don't post many deals).

I was at a real low point in my life. My parents had kicked me out (again), my girlfriend had corrective surgery on her eyes, took one look at me and ran for the hills and I even lost my part-time job at Dog on a Stick. I was ready to give it all up and take that final trip into the abyss--stop playing games to save money. Just hours before commencing that horrendous journey I was online with no hope when hope found me. That's right, hope had taken the form of CAG. Tears streamed down my sad little face as it dawned on me what was happening. I could now to continue to play games and even save money at the same time! Needless to say, my life has been turned around. My parents will now speak to again, I have a new job at Fish-Ka-Bob and as for my ex-girlfriend, well, baby steps, man, baby steps. Anyway, I wanted to share my incredible story with all my fellow CAGs and just thank you for being there for me when I needed you most.

Being a CAG is being patient enough to wait for decent prices on games, to me.

'course, I can't ALWAYS wait. Things like Rome Total War cannot be delayed. :wink:

CAG means great deals to help us all save some hard earned money and it also provides a great way to keep up to date with the latest news....thanks for all the help, reviews, critiques and the rest

Being a CAG means being able to laugh at the teenage cashier at Best Buy with a serious case of acne. :rofl: It means being able to walk along the street, and find enough money to buy a new video game 8) . It means making video game makers cry as they see their precious works of art sell for so cheap :cry: . It means laughing at full price :whistle2:s . It means making game stores say "Sh1t, we need to fix that now!" :error:

But most importantly, it means connecting with my inner cheapassness, and embracing it. [-o<

Thank you Cheap Ass Gamer and CheapyD. Because of you, I've been able to more than double my game collection. It may not mean anything to you, but it means something to me. :applause:

What is a CAG?

Well, its someone who loves gaming so much, that he/she wants far more games that he/she can afford, and yet still finds a way to get their fill.

CAG means being able to enjoy one of my favorite hobbies in a more economically feasible fashion. It also means allowing me a tool for purchasing power to put quality and price over hype and hegemony.

Dan

At first, to me, the acronym C.A.G. stood for the name of this site, "Cheap Ass Gamer" and consequently that meant I was also a "CAG". Now, after being clued in on one too many deals (and subsequently buying way too many games than I have time for), I'm beginning to wonder if it stands for "Crap! Another Game?"

Ha! All kidding aside, I love it here and appreciate all things cheap.

being CAG means save $ on games, but also spend alot more. Befor CAG have about 200 ps2,cg,xbox games. Now almost 500!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back