20% Off - FPS Freek Now Available 360 PS3

Chris.fms

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
20% OFF - FPS Freek- Now Available! XBOX 360 PS3 From email I just received from them.

[quote name='From KontrolFreek.com email']http://www.kontrolfreek.com/conte...s/fpsfreek

I am glad to announce to you faithful customers that our store is now open for orders on the FPS Freek. As promised, your discount code is below and feel free to shop away. I do have a few things I want you to read first, please.

First, the FPS Freek is like any product on the market that is different from what you are use to. It takes some getting use to, so we ask that you do not judge the FPS Freek until you have used it at least 4 hours or close to that. Some people adjust quicker than others, but you will need some time to get adjusted to the product. After you feel comfortable with the product, we ask that you remove the product and then play without it and see the difference. We have a feeling you will never go back to playing without them.

Second, due to the excessive pre orders, the product will not be shipping until Feb 9 - 11, this does not mean you should wait on placing your order. We ask that you get your orders in quick so we can begin packaging and shipping your orders first.

Thank you again fellow gamers, I look forward to seeing you all online soon.

Discount Code - kontrolyourgame This gives you 20% off order.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone interested in splitting an order of 4 with me? That way we each get 2 for a lot less (saves on shipping as well as the price in general). If so please PM me.

Just did the math, if an order is split (buying a 4 pack) it comes to $9.70 each. If you were to buy just a two pack it would be $13.40 so you save like $4 doing it this way.

I got my order yesterday. I ordered a FPS/Speed Freek combo using the 20% off coupon.

The total was just under $20 shipped. At just under $5 a piece, I feel like the FPSfreek is an okay value. I tried it out on my right stick in CoD last night, and I like it, much smoother. The extra leverage gets rid of the tension in the stick that keeps you from making those small adjustments.

I haven't tried the speedFreek yet, but I have to say from a what you pay and what you get standpoint, these are way over priced. Should be like $2.99 a pair for these, especially with $5+ shipping tacked on above and beyond that.

I'm sure there are other ways to achive the same results. Like if you have a broken controller (from any xbox/360, etc.), you might be able to scavenge the thumbsticks and attach them on top of your good controller's sticks. Or a small styrofoam ball or something like that.

kontrolFreeks definitely needs to cut costs somehow. Like shipping. They shipped priority in a tyvek envelope (that's what those waterproof PM envelopes are made from, btw). These things could easily ship first class mail for $2-$3, and arrive almost as quickly.

In summary, if you can get the 20% off on a 4-pack of the FPSFreeks, it's a decent value. It will probably look less wonky than a homemade solution. I kinda wish they had color matched the clip part of the FPSfreek to the xbox 360 grey thumbsticks, so it would be less noticeable. No biggie though.

I have been a long time standing member on SD, longer than on here. And i posted this same deal on both sites. So i don't appreciate your smart remarks.

Well then just stay at SD... Because it is apparent you would rather help out them... I think your history at this site proves to be more than supportive of the fact that you are indeed a lurker.

I will try them out on the ps3 tonight and post. I am one of the few ps3 controller fans. It should be nice for killzone! What is SD? Is this like a rival gang or somethin'?

Tried mine out with L4D single player last night....was the best game I've played so far. I even threw a motolov at a witch, and when she start chasing me I managed to backpedal and kill her singlehandedly....not one time did my aim stray from her body, when usually I'm all over the place with analogs.

Definitely worth the money to me. ^_^

it's slickdeals.com. I use both sites regularly. I don't post a whole lot on either site because i don't have the free time to look for deals all the time. Asses like some people here make me wonder about this place though.

[quote name='mvp828']Well then just stay at SD... Because it is apparent you would rather help out them... I think your history at this site proves to be more than supportive of the fact that you are indeed a lurker.[/quote]

Who are you to tell me where to post anyways? Do you have anything constructive to add to this topic or is it your goal to just stir crap up? Are you just 1364 posts of crap stirring?

All I was saying is that you can try to be helpful to CAG and Cheapy by maybe switching the damn link... As for my posts... 1362 were constructive, the last two were also constructive, but just in a different way.

How does that help them exactly? I just copied the whole post from my post there b/c i posted their first. What does that gain SD or cost CAG?

It's a reference thing where they get benefits by having people use their site as a gateway into the offer... Sorry for being so harsh since you didn't understand this.

I got mine today. I already have good k/d ratio in Gears2 and COD. But I really do think these help alot. They just feel really good and didnt take any time to really adjust to them

I considered getting these when the thread first popped up, but convinced myself otherwise. Now y'all bump it back up with positive reviews...

I recently picked up an Xbox last month. When I play an FPS on the PC with a mouse, I'm pretty good. But with an analog stick I'm McJitters and feel totally out of control.

Anyone have a negative experience with these things? Do they make you turn slower, or does it just allow fine tuning without affecting turn speed?

I think I may have to try this out. Never seen or heard of these before this post but, if it helps improve my FPS aiming, then I'm in for a pair.

Overall I think these actually work on the ps3 the best. I really hate the non concave of the ps3's analog sticks. With these it makes it feel alot better

I consider these to be essential for the DS3 with Killzone 2 right around the corner, especially if you tend to over compensate while aiming like I do.

[quote name='Yenos']Overall I think these actually work on the ps3 the best. I really hate the non concave of the ps3's analog sticks. With these it makes it feel alot better[/quote]

Awesome! I agree. I hate the rounded sticks. Glad I ordered some.

got the speed/fps freek combo.

i think people that think of stuff like this deserve the money we're paying for. what more could you ask for? cheap, simple and effective.

having been a physics major, im wondering coudl anyone help me understand the science behidn this?? Wouldnt longer sticks create more torque (T=f x r) and thus more rotation than we actually need?

[quote name='rgd2blck']I considered getting these when the thread first popped up, but convinced myself otherwise. Now y'all bump it back up with positive reviews...

Anyone have a negative experience with these things? Do they make you turn slower, or does it just allow fine tuning without affecting turn speed?[/quote]

Physics dictates that it will make going from lock to lock a bit slower, as your thumb has to move through a longer arc.

I don't see it as a big problem. Whenever I try to go full turn quickly, I tend to overshoot anyways, so a slowdown might be a good thing here.

Definitely an improvement on 360, nice and smooth, with no more herky-jerk adjustments. Don't know about PS3 though, might make the ps3 sticks too loose.

I've tried on a 360 on a PC using Xpadder on FEAR 2. It was wonderful.
I've tried on PS3 on RE5 and Killzone 2. They were wonderful.

Buy this.

I actually had to turn my sensitivity up in Resistance 2
I can honestly say that they do make a difference. My PS3 controller looks very android now due to having the PS3 Real Triggers from amazon for $5, the PS3 wireless keypad (got it from sonyrewards), and the FPS Freeks.

If you go to full range of movement the edges can rub where the recess is by the buttons, but since upping my sensitivity in games I have not noticed this happening again.

I didn't have a problem with it prior to making that adjustment, but just thought I'd share that with everyone. I already owned the Speed Freek, so I had no problem dropping the money on these. Ordered 2 sets and split the cost with a friend :)

:)This is my second day using them. I play Halo3 last night w/ them on. I ranked up a couple of levels. I haven't played for a while because I was tired of getting my a$$ kicked. I did a better, I didn't have to quit do to sheer embarassment. L3 and R3 work good. I was afraid if I pushed down my thumbs would slip. I didn't really have issue and I use "greenthumb" in Halo3. As for the PS3, I use the freeks w/ Cod4. I found it easier to just use one freek on the right stick. The ps3 sticks sit higher, so the extra throw is good for aiming. For strafing w/ the left stick I found it a little sloppy. Again, everyone's different and will set it up different.

[quote name='Warpath01']having been a physics major, im wondering coudl anyone help me understand the science behidn this?? Wouldnt longer sticks create more torque (T=f x r) and thus more rotation than we actually need?[/quote]

Longer sticks would not create more torque or resistance. It's more of a gear ratio type thing. If you have an axis w/ 2 inches of stick on one side and 1 inch of stick on the other and you spin it one circle will be twice as big. Therefore the radius is 2:1. It takes twice the travel time to get from one side of the circle to the other. It's like slowing down the dpi on a mouse, basically. Also, the freek adds weight on one side of the axis. It doesn't take as much pressure to move the stick around. The T=f x r is correct. but when you put the freeks on it changes "f" and "r" thus changes "T". f,r and T are not constants. That is why they are represented by letters.:)

What the heck,

I've ordered one combo. Yeah, it's pricey for the 4 pieces of white plastic but if it can improve my FPS accuracy, $19 is not going to bancrupt me.

I did not see anywhere on the site if there's different configuration for PS3 vs Xbox. Are these add-ons work universally for any joystick? What about gamecube joysticks that I use frequently for Wii?

[quote name='Warpath01']having been a physics major, im wondering coudl anyone help me understand the science behidn this?? Wouldnt longer sticks create more torque (T=f x r) and thus more rotation than we actually need?[/quote]

Having been a physics major you really should not ask these questions. This is not even Newton physics - we are talking Archimedes physics here.

[quote name='netscorer']What the heck,

I've ordered one combo. Yeah, it's pricey for the 4 pieces of white plastic but if it can improve my FPS accuracy, $19 is not going to bancrupt me.

I did not see anywhere on the site if there's different configuration for PS3 vs Xbox. Are these add-ons work universally for any joystick? What about gamecube joysticks that I use frequently for Wii?[/quote]

They fit both the PS3 and 360 the same, just push them onto the sticks. I'm pretty sure the gamecube sticks are a lot smaller and therefore will not fit.

Well with the feedback you guys have given I decided to give it a shot. Ordered the combo pack so I can outfit one 360 controller and one PS3 controller.

Please be sure to mention chris.fms @ CAG sent you. It's not for any credit or anything, just to let him know i am spreading the word.

Has anyone who has tried these ever used GelTabz? I'm just wondering how they stack up against them. I bought a pair of GelTabz because the CHUCKii replacement shell for my Wii's nunchuk didn't have a rubberised thumbstick. So I tried the spare one on my 360's right thumbstick and it was quite an improvement but at times it would fall off, if they had more rubber on the bottom to hold them on they would have been perfect. Aesthetically GelTabz look much better than these, I just don't know if I could do this to my controller ....
smooth_as_silk_wirelless_controller_allblack_xb360.jpg

[quote name='hollowfreak']Has anyone who has tried these ever used GelTabz? I'm just wondering how they stack up against them. I bought a pair of GelTabz because the CHUCKii replacement shell for my Wii's nunchuk didn't have a rubberised thumbstick. So I tried the spare one on my 360's right thumbstick and it was quite an improvement but at times it would fall off, if they had more rubber on the bottom to hold them on they would have been perfect. Aesthetically GelTabz look much better than these, I just don't know if I could do this to my controller ....
[/quote]

I've owned the GelTabz and had to throw them away after they kept falling off. These add more height to the sticks and are more rigid. They may not look as good as the GelTabz, but to me they're far better :)

[quote name='playing mantis']Definitely an improvement on 360, nice and smooth, with no more herky-jerk adjustments.[/quote]

Guess that's that, I'm in for one combo.

Has anyone tried mounting these attachments onto the sticks of a Logitech controller? If so, how well do they fit?

Just a head's up...be careful removing them from the controller. I broke a thumb stick trying to get one off (good thing I have several spares).

[quote name='h2dk']Just a head's up...be careful removing them from the controller. I broke a thumb stick trying to get one off (good thing I have several spares).[/quote]

Wow. I have taken them on and off a few times with no problem. Mostly to decide if i liked 1 or both on my ps3 controller. I finally decided on just 1 on the right stick. That felt the best to me.

What kind of sensitivity settings are ya'll playing with in Killzone 2? Have you adjusted it at all? Also, who is using the "almost COD" alternate 1 controls. I highly recommend giving them a try, ewspecially if you have been wearing out world at war.

I ordered the FPSFreak/SpeedFreek combo. Anybody want to trade a SpeedFreek (from me) for an FPSFreek (from you)?

I think I'll only be needing the one SpeedFreek, as I don't do a whole lot of racing games.

well since everyone tested the waters already with these, figured I'd bite. Went in for an order with a friend.
20% off was just a little more than enough to offset the shipping cost so I didn't feel so bad.

First a bought a pack of two just to try it out.. Feels great and very much improved... Enjoyed it so much that I bought another 4 pack.. (1 for my PS3 controller and another just to have a spare)...

I use both attachments as I don't only use them for FPS games, but if your mostly FPS, I can see how only putting 1 on the right analog would be ideal as you don't really need extra precision with the controls in the left analog, mainly because aiming is on the right analog...

Got mine a week ago...not bad, some improvement when it comes to small movements but don't expect anything drastic. I also use Geltabz with this and don't get sore thumbs anymore.

Did Gamestop stop selling Geltabz? I want a couple more but don't want to pay shipping from their company site.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']My 4-pack just arrived but I simply don't like them... ugh. If anyone wants a brand new pair PM me. I will sell it for $10 shipped.[/quote]

Did you give them a chance?

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']if anyone gets tired of their's give me a pm im interested... but 13 is too much[/quote]

Sounds like you 2 should talk.

bread's done
Back