20% off used games at Gamestop.com!

worshipsf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Yes it's back, though slightly smaller this time around.

20PRE - 20% off all in-stock used games. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles or other hardware. Expires 5/24/2010 6/16/2010 11:59PM.

Stack with Edge discount for another 10% off (28% off total)

http://www.gamestop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='backseatdog']no way pix or it didn't happen.[/QUOTE]

Never refuse to believe something ridiculous that involves gamestop.com. There's something magical about that promo code box that makes wonderful things happen.

[quote name='backseatdog']no way pix or it didn't happen.[/QUOTE]

I stacked a $10 off code with 25pre (25% off used) and Edge 2 weeks ago. Paid $23.74 for Battlefield Bad Company 2.

So I wanna get Assasain's Creed 2 with my coupon code. if it comes incomplete, I can go to the store to get the box/manual right?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']So I wanna get Assasain's Creed 2 with my coupon code. if it comes incomplete, I can go to the store to get the box/manual right?[/QUOTE]

Sho nuff...but I wouldn't worry about AC2 showing up incomplete, since it's a newer game.

[quote name='flyguy101']*Noob question* How do you use this deal? I can't find the coupon. =/[/QUOTE]

The coupon is 20PRE. You type this into the "promotional code" box on the page that shows your cart.

[quote name='dino88']Sho nuff...but I wouldn't worry about AC2 showing up incomplete, since it's a newer game.[/QUOTE]
I was sent a disc only Little Big Planet GOTY in a generic black case with a deep scratch on the game itself.

I think the website is like the clearinghouse for all of the garbage condition stuff the stores take in and don't sell after a certain point, on top of being the clearinghouse for all of the defective junk the stores send to them.

Anyone know how much :360: Assassin's Creed 2 is in the B&M store? The site is OOS and lists online price onry. =\

I ordered Culdcept Saga, Space Invaders Extreme, Legend of Heroes III, and Rubik's World for about $31 including shipping.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']How would you do that?[/QUOTE]
Maybe he meant Fallout 3. They all sound alike!

[quote name='Zbornak']I ordered Culdcept Saga, Space Invaders Extreme, Legend of Heroes III, and Rubik's World for about $31 including shipping.[/QUOTE]

Culdcept Saga was a great choice =D

these $10 codes SUCK!!!!! Im gonna start stocking up on amazon $10 codes

I cant get the $10 code to stack with ANYTHING besides EDGE. I guess I will use it on Crackdown 2 pre-order

Yeah I racked up about 8 of those $10 codes thinking I was getting a great deal until I said to myself, "Wait... I've got all these $10 coupons... that are not as good as the regular deals on this site... time to stop biting on games that come with them!" They are crap.

And the site redesign has killed lots of things that used to stack. I can't get EDGE to stack with 20PRE. lame.

[quote name='midloo']Yeah I racked up about 8 of those $10 codes thinking I was getting a great deal until I said to myself, "Wait... I've got all these $10 coupons... that are not as good as the regular deals on this site... time to stop biting on games that come with them!" They are crap.

And the site redesign has killed lots of things that used to stack. I can't get EDGE to stack with 20PRE. lame.[/QUOTE]
Did you try adding a zero at the end of your edge card number?

I read it somewhere on this site, and it works. Why I have no idea. Sometimes I cannot get my edge to register unless I add that zero to the end.

[quote name='worshipsf']Yes it's back, though slightly smaller this time around.

20PRE - 20% off all in-stock used games. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles or other hardware. Expires 5/24/2010 11:59PM.

Stack with Edge discount for another 10% off (28% off total)

http://www.gamestop.com[/QUOTE]
Does the $10 credit bonus count as another offer? Would you get the $10 if you bought a game for slightly higher?

[quote name='Crusher09']Does the $10 credit bonus count as another offer?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='Crusher09']Would you get the $10 if you bought a game for slightly higher?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what this means. If you buy a game that comes with a bonus coupon then you will get the bonus coupon regardless of what you paid for the game.

[quote name='Crusher09']Does the $10 credit bonus count as another offer? Would you get the $10 if you bought a game for slightly higher?[/QUOTE]

The $10 and $20 credits do count as other offers and are not stackable with 20PRE, sorry. :( The only thing that generally stacks with "does not stack with anything else" offers is the SAVER free shipping.

Those standalone credits are a bit of a pain to get rid of; the best action I've found is to use it online to buy a game with a decent TIV (New SMB Wii is an obvious use), then trade it to convert the $20 online coupon into $20-ish store credit, which obviously will stack with anything! And, of course, using New SMB Wii just gives you another $10 credit, so the cycle continues. :p

[quote name='lunker']The $10 and $20 credits do count as other offers and are not stackable with 20PRE, sorry. :( The only thing that generally stacks with "does not stack with anything else" offers is the SAVER free shipping.

Those standalone credits are a bit of a pain to get rid of; the best action I've found is to use it online to buy a game with a decent TIV (New SMB Wii is an obvious use), then trade it to convert the $20 online coupon into $20-ish store credit, which obviously will stack with anything! And, of course, using New SMB Wii just gives you another $10 credit, so the cycle continues. :p[/QUOTE]
Thanks for responses. I just have another question: Do you get the $10 even if you buy the used version of these games? I would think so, but I just wanna make sure. $12 for Wario Land with $10 credit is pretty good. I'm not into buying games just to trade them in, so that's not an option for me.

Think I'm going to use it for Just Cause 2. With saver comes out to $38 shipped. Not to bad, although I'll be waiting to see what it gets discounted to on the Amazon lightning deal. either way, thanks op

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Did you try adding a zero at the end of your edge card number?

I read it somewhere on this site, and it works. Why I have no idea. Sometimes I cannot get my edge to register unless I add that zero to the end.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks Jiggy... ;)

Can anyone answer Crusher09's question on the coupons with used games? I'm kind of curious.

[quote name='midloo']Hey thanks Jiggy... ;)

Can anyone answer Crusher09's question on the coupons with used games? I'm kind of curious.[/QUOTE]
No problem midloo.

As for Crusher's question... I have purchased a used SSFIV before, and low and behold I got the $10 coupon a day or two later. So yes, it has been reported on this site by many that buying used that qualify for the 10 nets you the coupon code.

[quote name='Crusher09']Thanks for responses. I just have another question: Do you get the $10 even if you buy the used version of these games? I would think so, but I just wanna make sure. $12 for Wario Land with $10 credit is pretty good. .[/QUOTE]

yup yup --thats all ive bought i even used a $10 code to buy wario shake used and then got another $10 after it shipped-

s0 i paid $5 for wario shake and got another $10 code back..;)

im going to use the 7 codes i got to get $10-$15 wii games i want to get them super cheap-n expand my wii collection.

[quote name='Jinooka']wow. err.. ok i'll play along.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/963/gs8w.jpg
look at thread above for the breakdown.
notice i didn't get charged for shipping.

there. HAPPY!??... i feel dirty now. haha[/QUOTE]

Either there is a bug with GS website or there is a bug with the codes that are being generated. I can't stack anything

Last edited by a moderator:
Shucks! I ran out to trade in some games, and I planned on picking up Wario Land Shake It online to get the $10 towards future purchase coupon only to get home and see that the coupon offer is no longer listed on Wario Land's product page... :(

took advantage of the trade 3 get 10 bucks thing and traded in 6 junk games (old, missing cases, etc) and used this to pick up bioshock 2 and mass effect 2 for about $12 out of pocket.

It isn't until just now that I've realized these $10/$20 coupons are useless. Wouldn't it have made more sense to make them into gift cards? Terribly limits your ability to stack anything.

Can't get 20PRE to stack with anything but Edge, and the coupon won't stack with anything but Edge either.

[quote name='Tsukento']It isn't until just now that I've realized these $10/$20 coupons are useless. Wouldn't it have made more sense to make them into gift cards? Terribly limits your ability to stack anything.

Can't get 20PRE to stack with anything but Edge, and the coupon won't stack with anything but Edge either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats been the downfall of the 10$ coupons from GS. Like an idiot, I didnt use my 20$ SMG credit on 3D Dot Heroes to get it for 10$.

I may just use the 20$ on LBP2 and sit on the others till some of the used games fall even more and get for example Batman AA for PS3 for less than 20$. Same goes for 3D Dot Heroes, guess ill wait til the used copies come into stock which doesnt seem to be the case for awhile.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Aw dangit, didn't know about 20pre, ordered yesterday using cag16. Coulda saved me some more >.< Aw well ;) always next time.[/QUOTE]I dont think the 20pre was working yesterday.

[quote name='Tsukento']It isn't until just now that I've realized these $10/$20 coupons are useless. [/QUOTE]

I'm totally regretting not getting some of the $10 credit games on amazon, even if they were a few dollars more. The credit stacks there and works on everything.

I just tried to use one of my $10 credit codes to order a 1600 point card and it's not working and not really giving a reason why (it just gives the description of the code that says it can be used on any order $10 or more, excluding consoles).

[quote name='Xeno G']I'm totally regretting not getting some of the $10 credit games on amazon, even if they were a few dollars more. The credit stacks there and works on everything.

I just tried to use one of my $10 credit codes to order a 1600 point card and it's not working and not really giving a reason why (it just gives the description of the code that says it can be used on any order $10 or more, excluding consoles).[/QUOTE]

There are advantages and disadvantages to each type. Amazon has a quick expiration. Gamestop's last for years. Amazon's can stack. GS's cannot. Amazon's cannot be used on warehouse (aka used) games, but GS's can. Amazon's can be used in conjunction with Prime, but GS's cannot. GS emails their codes so you can lose (or forget about) them while Amazon does everything in their power to guarantee you use them immediately.

I see the potential for deals with both kinds of credits, but I agree the Amazon credit is probably easier to deal with.

I'm really just pissed that GS isn't letting me use the code on a point card. I'll be calling them to complain as soon as I get a chance.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']There are advantages and disadvantages to each type. Amazon has a quick expiration. Gamestop's last for years. Amazon's can stack. GS's cannot. Amazon's cannot be used on warehouse (aka used) games, but GS's can. Amazon's can be used in conjunction with Prime, but GS's cannot. GS emails their codes so you can lose (or forget about) them while Amazon does everything in their power to guarantee you use them immediately.

I see the potential for deals with both kinds of credits, but I agree the Amazon credit is probably easier to deal with.[/QUOTE]

Easier to deal with but hard to "stock" so to speak, I know none of the GS coupons stack but with all these $10 coupon games and deals I've somehow managed to stock up on 4 of them, and 2 of them I paid less than $5 for (thanks to previous GS coupons I was sent for free because they charged me tax on my edge card which of course was refunded too). While I understand how much better it would be if they stacked I know sometime in the next 3 years I'll have a use for them.

The $20 Amazon credit I got from SMG2 was used not even an hour after I received it to pre-order another game so that it wouldn't go to waste.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Easier to deal with but hard to "stock" so to speak, I know none of the GS coupons stack but with all these $10 coupon games and deals I've somehow managed to stock up on 4 of them, and 2 of them I paid less than $5 for (thanks to previous GS coupons I was sent for free because they charged me tax on my edge card which of course was refunded too). While I understand how much better it would be if they stacked I know sometime in the next 3 years I'll have a use for them.

The $20 Amazon credit I got from SMG2 was used not even an hour after I received it to pre-order another game so that it wouldn't go to waste.[/QUOTE]

You can always try flipping the GS coupons into credit. Try buying NSMB used for 29.99, stacking the 10 dollar credit, EDGE card, and SAVER for free shipping. Total should come out to 16.99 + tax, at which point you can easily trade to Gazelle for $32 cash ($33.60 Amazon credit) or trade back to GS (potentially $40 credit if TIV and promos hold by the time you receive the game)

Hope that helps =)

[quote name='DemonsMaster'] (thanks to previous GS coupons I was sent for free because they charged me tax on my edge card which of course was refunded too).[/QUOTE]

Wait... can I sidetrack for a second? They aren't supposed to charge tax on a gift card you received? Is that any gift card? Like if I returned a game and they put the amount on a card?

The coupons do have their limitations but still can come in handy. Last month I got Bioshock 2 new + a $10 coupon off of gamestop for only $4 in credit using a $20 coupon.

[quote name='midloo']Wait... can I sidetrack for a second? They aren't supposed to charge tax on a gift card you received? Is that any gift card? Like if I returned a game and they put the amount on a card?[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me, so I'll explain.
He was charged tax when he used his credit he accumulated on his edge card through trades to purchase whatever he bought.

Normally (I think most states if I recall correctly) you don't get charged a sales tax since using credit to purchase something isn't really a purchase; it's more like a trade (that's how the GS B+M employees explained to me).

However, Gamestop.com charges sales tax on all purchases.
He contacted GS, and they refunded the sales tax via giftcard(s).

I'm certain that you will get charged sales tax if you pay by gift card though.

[quote name='Hugstable']Hmm So I'm gonna pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy for sure since I've heard great things about all 3 games, love the Metroid series but never got around to playing a single game of the Prime Series. With this it brings the price down to 30$. :). Just wondering if I should go No More Heroes 1 or 2, because pre-owned there are pretty much the same price. Is there much story from the first that I need to understand the story of the second game? or is the first game just as good as the second to where I should be playing it first anyway?[/QUOTE]

metroid prime (the first one) is in my top 10 games of all time list. i never got around to finishing the second and third. my gf picked this up for me last week from gamestop.com and it came in immaculate condition. not a fan of the motion controls, but awesome to add to your collection if you don't already have the first two for the gamecube (i stupidly traded mine in).

I used the 20pre code last night. It stacked with only one of my $10 codes, which is the one Gamestop gave me to compensate for the fact that they messed up 4 of my orders in a row. So I picked up Lost Planet 2. Used the 20pre, the $10 coupon, plus Edge and Saver, got it for $25.xx shipped. Had some gift card balance too, so I paid $15.50 cash. Not too shabby...

bread's done
Back