$20 off when you order both WiiU and 3DS versions of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate AMAZON

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you are like me and are feeling the pull of BOTH versions of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Amazon is taking $20 off when you order BOTH. You have buy both at the same time/same order to make it work. (You will have to cancel any existing pre-orders.)

Add both to your cart, you'll see $20 taken off the total. I was planning on going digital on these, but Amazon's incentive made me go hard-copy. $79.92 for both (I added my Dead Space 3 credit and took it to $59--making the 3DS version FREE!)

Details from Capcom here.

I was sort-of hoping there would be a bundle you could buy with both in a big box...with some kind of plushy Devijho or something. But this'll do.

I was hoping for this after knowing saves would transfer between the two.

Although now that I put these in my cart and think about it, I don't think I would really ever play the 3DS version.

[quote name='YBX87']this is off topic, but monster hunter 3 was only released for the ps3 in japan ,right?[/QUOTE]
Correct. Menus only in Japanese as well.

Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) was only released for the Wii both in Japan and over here.

Monster Hunter 3 Portable (a completely different game) was released for PSP and then as an HD version on the PS3 in Japan.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is an upgraded version of 3 (Tri)

I wonder how long it'll take for someone to start bitching about "Well if this was on Sony's console you could pay one and get both copies, NYAH!"

[quote name='maximumzero']I wonder how long it'll take for someone to start bitching about "Well if this was on Sony's console you could pay one and get both copies, NYAH!"[/QUOTE]

Well you would....

Dammit, was gonna order from Capcom in the hopes of getting early.

Now to decide between a classic controller pro and early shipping or saving 20$ and not seeing it till after release date.

Thanks, OP.

The CAG in me feels the sting of the high price, but at least I'm saving money. I'll hold onto the Newegg $12 deal I got months ago in case a better deal comes along for the 3DS version.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Vita still doesn't sell even though the games are free, amirite?[/QUOTE]

uh oh... getting flamed in a thread full of people salivating over a monster hunter game...

1. Capcom needs to bundle these on their own for a discount.

2. NA needs to get the Monster Hunter console bundles they just announced for Europe.

[quote name='cassidyarch']If you are like me and are feeling the pull of BOTH versions of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Amazon is taking $20 off when you order BOTH. You have buy both at the same time/same order to make it work. (You will have to cancel any existing pre-orders.)

Add both to your cart, you'll see $20 taken off the total. I was planning on going digital on these, but Amazon's incentive made me go hard-copy. $79.92 for both (I added my Dead Space 3 credit and took it to $59--making the 3DS version FREE!)

Details from Capcom here.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I did the exact same thing w/ the DS3 credit. Can't beat a free 3DS Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate game. Wohoo, Thanks again OP!!!

[quote name='kidkash03']I was hoping for this after knowing saves would transfer between the two.

Although now that I put these in my cart and think about it, I don't think I would really ever play the 3DS version.[/QUOTE]

i buy it off you for 10 off

[quote name='therealdeal19']Any word if the US is getting the circle pad pro for the XL?[/QUOTE]

You could import a Japanese or any other region XL Circle Pad Pro, I'm pretty sure they will fit universally. Someone, please do correct me if I am wrong.

[quote name='BWQ3A']Ha, I did the exact same thing w/ the DS3 credit. Can't beat a free 3DS Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate game. Wohoo, Thanks again OP!!![/QUOTE]

"So I got a $20 coupon with Dead Space 3, effectively making it $40. And then I can use that $20 for something else, effectively making that other thing $20 cheaper. Holy shit, I basically got $40 for free. I'm such a CAG!"

I'm not going to buy it now but thanks OP. :)

sig.jpg

[quote name='sultangaming']You could import a Japanese or any other region XL Circle Pad Pro, I'm pretty sure they will fit universally. Someone, please do correct me if I am wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yes it works fine. I bought the Japanese xl circle pad pro for my us 3dsxl :D

Man, I'm really hoping we see a similar offer for the digital purchases. Had been planning on getting both versions digitally. Still awesome though for the monster hunting cags who prefer their physical media. =)

lol @ 60$ pricetag for the wii U version, capcom sigh should have known. Keep forgetting what company I'm dealing with here.

awesome deal! hope other follow! like best buy :| so I can price match later. if the policy doesn't change like it is rumored to. if they don't copy the deal, this will be my deal then.

thanks

Can't wait for this game. I wasn't going to bite on the 3DS one, but for $20? Sure, why not?

I wish they'd hurry up and announce MH4 for the US, though. Preferably with an HD Wii U port.

[quote name='cassidyarch']If you are like me and are feeling the pull of BOTH versions of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Amazon is taking $20 off when you order BOTH. You have buy both at the same time/same order to make it work. (You will have to cancel any existing pre-orders.)

Details from Capcom here.[/QUOTE]

using a $20 credit for something doesn't make it free.. it makes it $20

Jumped on this, but I'll probably sell the 3DS version since I want to get it digitally on the eShop.

Ordered my 3DS XL MoHun case from Capcom and now all I need is the Circle Pad XL! Get hypeeeee

Hmmmm, I already have the Wii U price version fully paid off at another store, but this is a good deal. I don't know how much I'd play on the 3DS version though since the main reason I love this series is the online play with my friends. Definitely one of my favorite franchises of all time though and if you were gonna get both this is a good way to do that.

Yeah, this is a decent deal, but still about $20 too much for me. I'd be hesitant paying full price for the Wii U version and more than $20 for the 3DS one anyway. Maybe if the 3DS one was thrown in, or they at least bundled the 2 with the Pro Controller for $100 or something. I'll just have to hold out...

I'll have to see how I feel after trying the demo in a few days.

[quote name='gmsick']ill just wait for the wii u version to hit $30. the 3ds version doesn't interest me at all.[/QUOTE]

The way software is moving on the wii u itll be $30 after a month or so.

This just made my morning great. I was going to buy both so my girlfriend and I could play together, so this is awesome. The sixty dollar Amazon credit I have just makes it better.

[quote name='btwhitehouse']This just made my morning great. I was going to buy both so my girlfriend and I could play together, so this is awesome. The sixty dollar Amazon credit I have just makes it better.[/QUOTE]
You wont be able to, only the Wii U version has online

Great combo deal. I love Monster Hunter but since no one else I know has a 3DS, I'll only be getting the the Wii U version. Besides I haven't touched the single player portion of the series since the ps2. I prefer to play with people with people anyhow. So the cross save feature doesn't appeal to me just yet.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']You wont be able to, only the Wii U version has online[/QUOTE]

They will be able to play together if they're in the same room.

bread's done
Back