$200 gift card from Bestbuy for $185

apparently BB.com is running $15 off for orders of $200 or more. Works w/ giftcard too. So if you add 4 $50 GC you should get the discount too.

Thanks OP

Maybe if it lasts for two weeks, I'll get one once my credit card balance is back to zero. Then I'll enjoy a lot of devil customer purchases with my discounted gift card. Discounted and also usable with any sort of coupon one can imagine.

[quote name='mkelehan']Interesting. Shipping is free, so make each card a separate order. And might as well make it a GGC. :)[/QUOTE]Hmm, the site doesn't say anything about the GGC's coming with a coupon. Only that they have a "Gamer-Friendly Design," whatever that means.

Hmm, this deal is looking tempting though. I could get a GGC coupon from elsewhere, then order one of these gift cards and use it to get Smackdown vs. Raw 2006. It would be like getting $20 off the launch price.

Wow, nice deal, it'd be nice if we didn't need to get the $200 GC, unless you're planning to spend that much anyway. I don't plan to soon, but I think it's still tempting enough to get... Thanks OP.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']that would be " no one" not "nobody"[/QUOTE]

Now offering grammar lessons for supposed grammar elitists.

no one - pronoun meaning "no person" or "nobody"

nobody - pronoun meaning "no person" or "not anyone"

:roll:

[quote name='chickenhawk']Now offering grammar lessons for supposed grammar elitists.

no one - pronoun meaning "no person" or "nobody"

nobody - pronoun meaning "no person" or "not anyone"

:roll:[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Point scored for the man who deals with grammar on a daily basis.

i ordered a GGC from best buy online last month to see if they come with the coupon (the store i go to doesnt have any GGC's).

It didn't come with the $5 coupon.

[quote name='psincubus']i ordered a GGC from best buy online last month to see if they come with the coupon (the store i go to doesnt have any GGC's).

It didn't come with the $5 coupon.[/QUOTE]Ah, I suspected as much. The card pictured on the site looked completely different than the GGC's that come with a coupon. But hey, at least it has "Gamer-Friendly Design"!

I suppose that if you were planning on making many purchases, or one large purchase at Best Buy, this would be great. Thanks, I'm sure this will help many people out.

Has anyone tried buying a gift card using Best Buy Buck on-line? I know that officially you can't, just didn't know if they enforced it.

Their explanation makes no sense, but they cancelled my order:

---------
Dear Jay:

There's been a change to the status of your order.

Your order has been canceled because the Digital Dollars used for this purchase were not available for the items you ordered.

The credit card (or Gift Card) used for this order has been credited. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we'll send you a replacement. Item details are listed below.

If you have any questions about this cancellation, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

-------------------------------------
Order Date: 10/24/2005
Order Number: BBY01-94625003534
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Product Description

5 Best Buy GC-$20 Gift Card-GAMERS JC
Qty Product Description

2 Best Buy GC-$50 Gift Card-GAMERS JC

Another thing you have to be careful about, if you are making a purchase that you'll get double or triple points for is:

"Points calculations are based upon dollars spent at checkout on eligible purchases less... the dollar amount of any promotional Gift Card offer with purchase, or other excluded charges."

Overall you still come out ahead on a straight reward zone point vs. $185 gift card offer ($5 certificate for each $150 spent vs. $15 back on $200 worth of purchases) but that margin will narrow a bit if you get multiples applied to your reward zone points.

I just placed an order for one of these. Let's see if it gents cancelled.

i think if you use a best buy gift card to purchase the best buy gift cards, it will cancel your order. I got the same letter as jaybird and i was using a $75 Best Buy gift card that i received a couple weeks ago. i could be wrong. Anyone place an order today using a Best Buy gift card?

On my original order, I tried to use Best Buy Bucks & it wouldn't let me, so I placed my order without them.

After I got the cancellation for that order I placed 2 more with no attempt at using Best Buy Bucks. I also used different gift card denominations to come up with $200.

Both of those were cancelled as well.

Has anyone had these ship yet?

I tried to order 2 $200 gift cards on 2 seperate orders using only a Best Buy Credit Card.

One of them has been canceled.

Update....

I just checked the status of my orders at BB.com and one of them has shipped.

My first order was for 8 $25 gift cards.....that order shipped yesterday according to their site.

My second order was for 1 $200 gift card...that order was canceled earlier today.

It's still coming up as of about 5 minutes ago.

I tried ordering another set of 8 $25 gift cards....since my first order like that already shipped. The discount still showed up in the cart.

I ordered through the link posted in this thread, and according to my account on Best Buy.com it shipped this morning (although UPS doesn't have the tracking information yet).

[quote name='bostonfrontier']huh?[/QUOTE]

Basically: if you care about getting reward zone certificates then don't make purchases with gift cards. The purchase of gift cards does not give reward zone points, and the purchase of an item using a gift card for payment does not get reward zone points for the portion of the order paid for with a gift card.

This deal (a $200.00 gift card for $185.00) is still better than getting reward zone certificates though, because unless you get double points from a special offer or something every $150.00 spent gets you a $5.00 reward zone certificate. Which means in order to get a 'free' $15.00 like you do with the gift card deal you would normally have to spend $450.00 at Best Buy (to get $15.00 of reward zone certificates).

So just don't use the gift card(s) you buy to make purchases where you would get double points and you will come out ahead.

[quote name='greysector']Basically: if you care about getting reward zone certificates then don't make purchases with gift cards. The purchase of gift cards does not give reward zone points, and the purchase of an item using a gift card for payment does not get reward zone points for the portion of the order paid for with a gift card.

This deal (a $200.00 gift card for $185.00) is still better than getting reward zone certificates though, because unless you get double points from a special offer or something every $150.00 spent gets you a $5.00 reward zone certificate. Which means in order to get a 'free' $15.00 like you do with the gift card deal you would normally have to spend $450.00 at Best Buy (to get $15.00 of reward zone certificates).

So just don't use the gift card(s) you buy to make purchases where you would get double points and you will come out ahead.[/QUOTE]

huh?

[quote name='bostonfrontier']huh?[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if you are being deliberately obtuse or not. I give up.

[quote name='greysector']The purchase of gift cards does not give reward zone points, and the purchase of an item using a gift card for payment does not get reward zone points for the portion of the order paid for with a gift card.
[/QUOTE]

Did they change this then? I was told that you do get reward zone points when you use the gift cards, but not when you purchase them.

bread's done
Back