2000 Microsoft points + 400 free points $24.99 with free shipping at Bestbuy

LegendaryEnigma

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I tried clicking that link when I ordered and the web page 404'ed so I just ordered it from the main page. If I don't see anything regarding the points by tomorrow I will contact CS.

[quote name='majorjohn']Guys, beware, this deal is very tricky!!

Simply adding the 2000 points card and purchasing it will not give you the free 400 points!

In fact , you have to click the "get 400 points for free - see how" link which leads you to another page with another SKU which is a bundle of this 2000 points card and 400 points.

So the true deal and this 2000 points card is actually in two different pages and with 2 different SKU!!

It's ashamed that BBY made this complicated and causing confusing.

What's even worse, if you bought only the 2000 points card and didn't get the bundle, you can't return it, because this is regarded as "software". Unfortunately, you will have to call best buy customer service.

When I purchased this, I didn't get the 400 points, luckily I called BBY customer service and met a very friendly representative who finally solved this for me.[/QUOTE]

I had to call also. Got transferred a few times, but they took care of me. If you aren't sure if you're getting the points, check your order status and both should be listed. If they aren't give them a call.

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']Can you do a store pick up for the physical card and still get the 400 points digitally?[/QUOTE]

Yes; I've already received my 400pts and confirmation that the card is at the store waiting for pick up.

[quote name='majorjohn']Guys, beware, this deal is very tricky!!

Simply adding the 2000 points card and purchasing it will not give you the free 400 points!

In fact , you have to click the "get 400 points for free - see how" link which leads you to another page with another SKU which is a bundle of this 2000 points card and 400 points.

So the true deal and this 2000 points card is actually in two different pages and with 2 different SKU!!

It's ashamed that BBY made this complicated and causing confusing.

What's even worse, if you bought only the 2000 points card and didn't get the bundle, you can't return it, because this is regarded as "software". Unfortunately, you will have to call best buy customer service.

When I purchased this, I didn't get the 400 points, luckily I called BBY customer service and met a very friendly representative who finally solved this for me.[/QUOTE]
Wow that's really $%^&*'d up.. I'm in an endless loop of reps in the gaming dept on the customer service line.. these people are on drugs or something. Nobody knows WTF is going on. I got one guy who takes a 5 second pause every time he utters 4 words. I DO NOT SUPPORT LEGALIZING MARIJUANA.

Nice. I had some gift cards from Christmas and some credits from what I ordered with those gift cards being canceled, so 2400 points for (essentially) free.

:lol:

..seriously I can't deal with this customer service bull spit, yo.. so far I've dealt with special ed, some ghetto chick, 2 foreign people who are still learning basic english and a hillbilly..

[quote name='UnlockPotential']..seriously I can't deal with this customer service bull spit, yo.. so far I've dealt with special ed, some ghetto chick, 2 foreign people who are still learning basic english and a hillbilly..[/QUOTE]

:lol: Hang in there kiddo

[quote name='Royal High Knight']:lol: Hang in there kiddo[/QUOTE]
Guess what.. they did away with the video game and electronics departments for customer service calls.. this is why I'm getting oddballs back to back.

edit: Ask for Post Purchase Support Front Office or lose 40 minutes of your life.

:\ I just gotta sit and wait now.. and call back tomorrow. Woohoo. More fun times ahead.

Wow, I should have read more of the thread.

I believe I missed out on the free 400, and now I cannot cancel the order?

Damn it

[quote name='MastaNinja']Having problems at the checkout, not leaving the shipping address section even though I chose store pick-up[/QUOTE]
I had the same issue. Verify the email address for the download code and verify the billing address for payment and you should be ok. You may need to sign in and out of your best buy account.

No problems just made sure I was signed into my BB account and made sure to click the link about the free 400 points. Just the thing to spend my $25 birthday GC on. Thanks OP!

Thanks OP! I bought one as well. I used the remaining balance on a GC and a $5 RZ cert to make this ~12 bucks. Balllliiinn lol

[quote name='t4nd4r']Wow, I should have read more of the thread.

I believe I missed out on the free 400, and now I cannot cancel the order?

Damn it[/QUOTE]

Same here. Saw this on another deal site and bought one. When I clicked on the find out how link I kept getting a 404 redirect loop error so I just bought it without reading. Waited on hold for half an hour and didn't get to talk with anyone last night. Did a live chat and after another half hour she finally told me she couldn't help and I would have to call the number. Le sigh.

Thanks OP !
Used a $5 RZ certificate and paid for it using the Playstation Visa card that I received not long ago, but didn't use yet.
So, I paid $19.99 for those points and will get 1 year of PSN Plus and a $50 PSN card. Nice !
Got the 400 points in about 15 mins and received the shipping notification on the 2000 points card this morning.

I just got off the phone with CS, they said they couldn't give me the points but would try to cancel the order for me but no guarantees. This whole thing smacks of a bait and switch the way this was setup on their website.

Okay! Over customer service chat, I was able cancel my order for the card only. I got the cancellation email right away and Paypal also let me know the refund had been received.

Just placed my order for the bundle; card + bonus points code.

[quote name='dougtron 3030']I had the same issue. Verify the email address for the download code and verify the billing address for payment and you should be ok. You may need to sign in and out of your best buy account.[/QUOTE]

Still not working for me. If I try to buy anything else, it goes through to the final page, but whenever I add the promo, it just breaks it.

Arggh!!! So frustrated with CS. These people are idiots. They are trying to tell me to go to Microsoft since its about their product. And my order shipped this morning so I can't even cancel it. What are the odds of taking it to a store and arguing them into returning it?

Was polite, took 20min, got a $5 refund since the CSR couldn't get me a dowload code for the 400pts. 2000pts for $15 (used a $5 cert on the deal + the $5 refund) isn't too bad I suppose...

Consider yourself lucky. I spent a total of an hour yesterday and an hour and 20 minutes today and got nowhere. I'm giving up. Last time I try a shady looking deal on Best Buy's website. I had a bad feeling from the beginning since their page didn't load correctly. Should have listened to myself.

[quote name='Feeni']Arggh!!! So frustrated with CS. These people are idiots. They are trying to tell me to go to Microsoft since its about their product. And my order shipped this morning so I can't even cancel it. What are the odds of taking it to a store and arguing them into returning it?[/QUOTE]

Definitely going to say extremely YMMV. Their official policy states that they do not accept returns for digital contents like this, since once the card has been activated it can no longer be deactivated. I honestly never tried with a MS points card, the only time I ever tried returning a DLC item to BB is during the Black Ops sale last year where I somehow ended up buying a PS3 code when I wanted them all for the Xbox 360. It was my fault for not double checking the final review page, as I assumed they were all for xbox 360 since I chose the category of "Xbox 360" on the left menu bar. I admitted fault to the manager but told them it was an honest mistake since there was a glitch in the system. The manager ended up refunding my money after showing them that the PS3 DLC shows up under the Xbox 360 category hidden between all the xbox 360 DLCs even when narrowing the search parameters. In the end they told me to keep the PS3 code since they can no longer use it or re-sell it.

Your advantage is that your card has a "Scratch off" or "Peel off" security label, so they would know whether or not you used it. But as I said before, once the card has been activated it can no longer be deactivated meaning they can't put it back out on the floor. In my opinion, your best bet is not to try to return the product, but to speak to a manager about not having received the extra 400 MS points listed in the promotion. If they try to tell you that you need to call BBY.com, tell them that you had spoken to an online representative and they said you would be able to resolve your issue in-store as well since their online systems were extremely slow that day. That will prevent the manager from simply just blowing you off, as they tend to do that from time to time. Then have the manager pull up the online website and show them the promotion and how you didn't receive your free 400 points. They can deny you the return, but it will be a lot harder for them to deny you for receiving a promotional that is listed in black and white on their website. Of course with that said, the ultimate decision comes down to whoever you interact with, so good luck.

Wow, this is a really unfortunate situation! Customer Service just told me to call Microsoft too....it's not really worth it for $5 to do all this complaining and calling. I guess I'm just going to eat it on this one.

[quote name='merchie89']Does anyone elses best buy have just the worst store pickup times? Mine usually takes at least 2 hours for anything[/QUOTE]

I would say the average to receive the pickup email is about 1-2 hours.

Although at my main store, its more like "cancelled" on average. It's like they don't even bother looking for games - or especially for blu-rays movies. I'm constantly getting these little small items cancelled for being out of stock or "unable to locate item".

[quote name='Agent Orange']I would say the average to receive the pickup email is about 1-2 hours.

Although at my main store, its more like "cancelled" on average. It's like they don't even bother looking for games - or especially for blu-rays movies. I'm constantly getting these little small items cancelled for being out of stock or "unable to locate item".[/QUOTE]

All I know is if they cancel these and I have to pay for the 2x400 points emails, Im gonna be mad! :hot:

After the CS said they were going to try and cancel my order, I got shipping notice several hours afterwards so it looks like they didn't cancel it. The rep claimed I would be able to return it if it did end up shipping but for the $5 it isn't worth my time or effort. This was the first time I've ordered something from bestbuy.com in a long time and it looks like it will be a long time before I do it again. Live and learn.

[quote name='perfectsil']ordered one 30 minutes ago, already got the 400 points email code[/QUOTE]

Same here. And I got my store pickup email about 10 minutes before the 400 points email. Good time for this deal!

-_- Ugh. Saving $5 isn't worth all this bullspit. So customer service gave me the 400 bonus points but the mother funking in-store pickup person forgot to activate the card. So I've wasted 2 nights now with BB and XBOX customer service.. now I gotta go back to the store. :drool: Should've just played my Wii U, man.. should've just played my pucking Wii U.

I was trying to fight this, but even if I don't see anything in the sale I want, it's an awesome deal. In for 1 for store pickup. Thanks OP!

Edit: Whoever handled my in store pickup grabbed the Halo 4 game by mistake :roll:

Had to go grab the points card myself lol

[quote name='kburns10']I was trying to fight this, but even if I don't see anything in the sale I want, it's an awesome deal. In for 1 for store pickup. Thanks OP!

Edit: Whoever handled my in store pickup grabbed the Halo 4 game by mistake :roll:

Had to go grab the points card myself lol[/QUOTE]
Were they going to give you halo 4 for 25 bucks?

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']Were they going to give you halo 4 for 25 bucks?[/QUOTE]

I wish! The guy ringing it up in the system knew it was the wrong item :whistle2:(

bread's done
Back