2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had any luck finding Sneakers either. Room Zoom still fetches $26, Pro Race Driver $27, ESPN NBA 2K4 $24, Go Go Hypergrind (at least here) $26 (brand new @EB for $10). Colin Mcrae Rally 3 Xbox is down to $8.50, Roadkill GCN $17.

My local Coconuts (Oak Lawn, IL) just made a new policy. They no longer give cash for game trade-ins - only DVD and CD trade-ins. Did anyone else (besides me and my friend) trade in their games at that peticular Coconuts to get cash instead of store credit? I'd hate to think it was just MY fault for them changing their policy. :lol:

This isn't off-topic. In case you didn't know, Coconuts is a partner company of FYE. In other words, you'll get $27.00 in store credit for Pro Race Driver at Fye; at Coconuts, you get $27.00 in cash!

Are you joking devin I raped the shit out of that store. If you ever traded something and they told you they had too many ...... it was from me.

I didn't know Coconuts gave cash to begin with. I'll have to go to one of their stores and see if they offer cash. It would be a lot better than FYE credit.

Also, has anyone ever sent games into Wherehouse.com? If so, was it a good experience? I gave decided I would send in some games to them instead of taking them to FYE since the trade in values are the same and the website has a better selection.

I was a little hesitatnt to send in the games because they seem like they are even more strict than in store about the condition of the games.

No. Coconuts doesn't give you cash for games. Unless you are lucky enough to find a stupid store around you. Out of all the coconuts in my state .. only one gave cash. That's the one that devin mentioned, and they finally changed to store credit only.

If you have a Strawberries near, you are more likely to find one that gives cash. However we only have FYE and Coconuts here in IL.

I suggest you go to the store locator on their sites and call all the stores good luck.

About wherehouse.com .. I've been thinking about the same thing. But first of all they don't have any consoles whatsoever. I don't know if they are strict about condition, but it clearly states in their policy that if they don't want the games that you send .. they will NOT be returned to you.

I know it said no visible scratches on wherehouse, I checked the game and didn't see any. That is what concerns me, about how they can keep the games. 3 of the 6 games I sent in were still sealed though so I don't think those will be a problem (I looked at there terms and it didn't say not to send in sealed games, just that you won't get more credit for them).

I'm going to send in the games tomorrow, so once they receive the games and contact me, I'll post if they rejected anything or not.

Once again, keep in mind, that if they reject any game, and they hold the right to reject games for no reason, those games will not be returned to you!

Good luck though, if this works out for you ... then I am gonna go ahead and do mine as well. I was planning to dump 300 dollars worth of stuff to get some rare dvds and cds I can't find nowhere else.

Where does it say they can reject games for no reason?

I looked at the terms again and just saw this:

"What determines what CDs/DVDs/Games are accepted?
We accept items based upon sales and the current number in stock throughout the Wherehouse chain. In addition, the final arbiter is the condition of the item. It must be free of visible scratches and have all the associated artwork in good condition. Please examine your trade-in items carefully, as rejected product will not be returned to you."

Unless I am reading it wrong, I intepreted it as saying that if they won't accept an item because of the current number it stock, it wouldn't give you the option to sell it in the first place, like how some games don't have values listed. And that they can reject games that are not in good condition.

I've traded to Wherehouse.com a few times, and I received pretty good service from them. I got a lot of credit for some DVDs and games that weren't really worth a lot, and was able to buy some good stuff from them.

The cool thing about their trade-in program is that even if the trade-in value for your items go down, you will still get the amount of credit that you were promised when you first added the items to your trade-in cart. Also, if the value of your items happen to go up, they will give you the higher amount of credit.

And to clarify what someone asked: The only time they turn away a trade-in is if it is in bad condition (scratches, etc.). If they won't take something in, it won't give you an option to sell it in the first place, just as YoshiFan1 said.

Thanks for the information. I guess I misunderstood the information I got in my email when I did the order. I guess I am gonna go ahead and ship all those games that are sitting here collecting dust.

I was planning on doing that, but one thing I'm concerned about is the cost of shipping, and if for some reason they do reject the game. Another thing is that they overprice games and systems by a ton. I just looked at the cost of a DS preorder and it said 170$. Seriously, that is rediculous. Does anyone know what FYE's prices on the DS are? If they jack systems prices up at release, then that's a little harsh.

Does anybody know how much Freestyle Soccer for GC and X-Box (Blockbuster exclusive) fetch at either FYE or Coconuts? Thanks for the help :D

You guys are so friggin lucky that you can get preowned games of EBGames.com and trade them in at FYE for tons of credit. I can't do that be my Manager is a condition whore, and he turns down a game if it has ONE visible scratch. Basically, I just have to buy near mint/sealed games off Half.com. I end up getting like 150$ credit for 90$ spent though, so I'm not really complaining.

[quote name='CocaineReaver2k']I was planning on doing that, but one thing I'm concerned about is the cost of shipping, and if for some reason they do reject the game. Another thing is that they overprice games and systems by a ton. I just looked at the cost of a DS preorder and it said 170$. Seriously, that is rediculous. Does anyone know what FYE's prices on the DS are? If they jack systems prices up at release, then that's a little harsh.[/quote]

They do credit you shipping back but it's a minimal amount (media mail rate) and it's only if you send in more than 3 games.

In store, the DS price at FYE is $149.99, at least that's what I was told when I pre-ordered it from them in October.

[quote name='Vicious']Are you joking devin I raped the shit out of that store. If you ever traded something and they told you they had too many ...... it was from me.[/quote]

Dude, Vicious, that kicks ass!! I'm glad I wasn't the only one getting loads of there money; you know, one time I traded in like 5 games and got like $137.00 in cash!! It was great, they looked like they wanted to kill me on my way out! :lol:

Did that mean bitch (the skinny one) give you the same message she gave me: "Just a heads up. Thursdays are really busy, so if you can, dont come here with your games on Thurdays. We don't have time for you." That's like the rudest, meanest thing you could say to a customer. Right when she said that, I just KNEW I wasn't the only one trading in games and getting hundreds of dollars from Coconuts. :lol:

Anyway, I wanna get Coconuts out of business now, because of their stupid new policy and because of the rude employees. So any store credit I get from FYE, I'm just gonna use it at Coconuts. I may not have their cash, but I will have their merchandise without paying a cent. :twisted:

Maybe I'll see ya around, Vicious!

[quote name='trublustang03']Does anybody know how much Freestyle Soccer for GC and X-Box (Blockbuster exclusive) fetch at either FYE or Coconuts? Thanks for the help :D[/quote]

Most stores won't accept the game because it says blockbuster exclusive on the front of the box. Some people have had some luck trading it in and getting the wherehouse.com price, but its really YMMV and depends on the employee

[quote name='Vicious']Thanks for the information. I guess I misunderstood the information I got in my email when I did the order. I guess I am gonna go ahead and ship all those games that are sitting here collecting dust.[/quote]

Vicious, check your PMs lately?

[quote name='Devin'][quote name='Vicious']Are you joking devin I raped the shit out of that store. If you ever traded something and they told you they had too many ...... it was from me.[/quote]

Dude, Vicious, that kicks ass!! I'm glad I wasn't the only one getting loads of there money; you know, one time I traded in like 5 games and got like $137.00 in cash!! It was great, they looked like they wanted to kill me on my way out! :lol:

Did that mean bitch (the skinny one) give you the same message she gave me: "Just a heads up. Thursdays are really busy, so if you can, dont come here with your games on Thurdays. We don't have time for you." That's like the rudest, meanest thing you could say to a customer. Right when she said that, I just KNEW I wasn't the only one trading in games and getting hundreds of dollars from Coconuts. :lol:

Anyway, I wanna get Coconuts out of business now, because of their stupid new policy and because of the rude employees. So any store credit I get from FYE, I'm just gonna use it at Coconuts. I may not have their cash, but I will have their merchandise without paying a cent. :twisted:

Maybe I'll see ya around, Vicious![/quote]

Yeah there are some mean employees. And guess what, if it wasn't for my friend they would of still given cash. I told him a million times when trading a game only do it with females. He traded to that tall guy and he finally open his eyes and changed their policy.

Anyway, I had good luck with the skinny bitches over there. Especially that one arabian girl. I just hit on them a little bit and I'm set. One fat bitch really gives me trouble every time I go there.

So far I got like 1000 dollars worth of cash there from the day this thread started. I usually dedicate a whole day driving around and picking up games all over to unload them over there. Now that they don't give cash, plus they probably have too many of every game we did... I just do FYE pretty much.

Hey we should get together sometime for some gaming madness or something. PM me sometime we can set something up. It's been a month since I met up with Chicago gamers.

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='Vicious']Thanks for the information. I guess I misunderstood the information I got in my email when I did the order. I guess I am gonna go ahead and ship all those games that are sitting here collecting dust.[/quote]

Vicious, check your PMs lately?[/quote]

Yeah everyday. I don't see anything from you though. If you sent me something please resend. Sorry for the inconvenience :?

[quote name='Vicious'][quote name='Devin'][quote name='Vicious']Are you joking devin I raped the shit out of that store. If you ever traded something and they told you they had too many ...... it was from me.[/quote]

Maybe I'll see ya around, Vicious![/quote]

Yeah there are some mean employees. And guess what, if it wasn't for my friend they would of still given cash. I told him a million times when trading a game only do it with females. He traded to that tall guy and he finally open his eyes and changed their policy.

Anyway, I had good luck with the skinny bitches over there. Especially that one arabian girl. I just hit on them a little bit and I'm set. One fat bitch really gives me trouble every time I go there.

So far I got like 1000 dollars worth of cash there from the day this thread started. I usually dedicate a whole day driving around and picking up games all over to unload them over there. Now that they don't give cash, plus they probably have too many of every game we did... I just do FYE pretty much.

Hey we should get together sometime for some gaming madness or something. PM me sometime we can set something up. It's been a month since I met up with Chicago gamers.[/quote]

I know what you mean about that fat bitch! She's the one who makes up her own rules; that's why I thought she just pulled that "we no longer give cash for games" policy out of her ass. Back in September, my two friends and I went to Coconuts when she was working up there and right when we walked in with two stacks of games, she says "You're trading in games? You need an adult with you." I mean WTF was that? We've traded in games like 4 times before that, and we were only 17 and we've never been asked for a driver's license or an adult. So the fat girl who works there just invents her own rules - yet another reason why I want to put them out of business.

Did you really make $1000 in cash at Coconuts? Damn, dude! Coconuts was just getting raped from ALL directions! :)
Maybe one of these days we could hang out though. We'll see.

Yeah actually the rule about being 18 is not made up. However that bitch does come up with her own rules, or bend some existing rules to her satisfaction when she doesn't like you. However, I believe it was the guy manager who changed policy and that was due to my friends trading doubles and sealed games.

I did make over a 1000 dollars from coconuts in the past couple of months. I just do three visits a day when the shifts change and do like 4-5 games every time. I also sometimes send my friends right after me.

Now the cash deal is done. So I'm sticking with preordering some Nintendo DS systems for ebay goons. So far I got six preordered and have enough balance to pay them all off.

Went to my local FYE the other day. Tried to trade in some games but the associate told me they weren't doing trade-ins until after Christmas. Anyone else have the same problem?

I hope not, but at this point it doesn't really matter to me anymore since I'm going to be getting the PSP instead of the DS. Anywho, where do all of you guys get your games for so cheap without many scratches and stickered up cases? I'm just buying them online off Half.com, but I'm only making like 10-12$ per game, and I need more damn't! Thanks in advance.

I only bought 1 used game to trade in, Timesplitters from EBGames.com because Wherehouse said $26 but in store it only was $7.50. Otherwise, I buy all my games to trade in sealed. It's just a matter of knowing what is worth a decent amount of trade in value when you see a cheap game. Like when it was posted that Motor Trend was $12.48 at TRU, and Buy 2 get 1 free was going on, a lot of people myself included, went to Toys R Us to get them for $8.33 each.

Yeah I picked up 12 Motor Trends from the TRU sale. I got three left right now which will go to wherehouse.com

Malice can be had for 10 bucks used at EB. So far the two copies that I found were like new.

Hypergrind is also 10 bucks at EB.

V-Rally 3 is like 10 bucks new at gamestop.

Those turn out to like 17 bucks profit each or even more if used coupon. Hope it helps

Hi, i have a question for you guys, i was just in an FYE and they told me they couldnt take my games because they already had some in stock that hadnt sold in a while, is this accurate? or should i talke to a DM? I had Go Go Hypergrind, Room Zoom, Espn2k4 XB, and Shadow Ops

If they have a certain # of used copies of any particular title, they won't take it. It's possible you went to a FYE that someone who is doing the same thing (trading in all the cheap games that give high credit) already traded in a few copies of those games. At one FYE I went to, there were already 3 copies of Go Go Hypergrind traded in for example before I ever traded a game in before.

[quote name='Vicious']Yeah I picked up 12 Motor Trends from the TRU sale. I got three left right now which will go to wherehouse.com

Malice can be had for 10 bucks used at EB. So far the two copies that I found were like new.

Those turn out to like 17 bucks profit each or even more if used coupon. Hope it helps[/quote]

The best part about MOtor Trend Lotus Challenge at TRU was that if you bought two of them with a $20 game (like say, Animal Crossing) the $20 game would be free and MTLC would drop to like $12 each!

And V-Rally 3 is $7 new at EB. Ask an emplyoee if they have it in stock because I been to 5 different EB stores and they all had at least 2.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='Vicious']Yeah I picked up 12 Motor Trends from the TRU sale. I got three left right now which will go to wherehouse.com

Those turn out to like 17 bucks profit each or even more if used coupon. Hope it helps[/quote]

The best part about MOtor Trend Lotus Challenge at TRU was that if you bought two of them with a $20 game (like say, Animal Crossing) the $20 game would be free and MTLC would drop to like $12 each!

And V-Rally 3 is $7 new at EB. Ask an emplyoee if they have it in stock because I been to 5 different EB stores and they all had at least 2.[/quote]

And try out that nifty in store pickup thing its keen.

Anyone know the value of Goblin commander?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Goblin Commander is $8.50 according to the website.

The Gamecube version, which I believe was cancelled, is $17[/quote]

The Cube version was not cancelled. It's not the easiest game to find, but it was released, I've seen it.

Hi, i have a question for you guys, i was just in an FYE and they told me they couldnt take my games because they already had some in stock that hadnt sold in a while, is this accurate? or should i talke to a DM? I had Go Go Hypergrind, Room Zoom, Espn2k4 XB, and Shadow Ops

Hahah...yes, this definitely happens. I tried to do a trade at one store where I have done a bunch and the guy told me they had too many of those games. I said "Really?" and he reached into a cabinet and started pulling out stacks of Pro Race Driver, Black and Bruised, Motor Trend, etc. with a somewhat disgusted look on his face. I was probably responsible for most of them too hahahah! :)

The other major bummer is the store in town that used to take video games for trade-in even though they don't sell them (so they basically never had too many of the same game) was ordered to stop taking games. Really sucks. :(

GBA:
Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy $12.00
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity $8.50
King of Fighters EX Neoblood $8.50

I really hate how FYE overtook the mall located Wherehouses. The nearest Wherehouse now is slightly out of my way and I wasn't sure if FYE had the same sales as Wherehouse did.

I went to FYE today. Can you add these to the list:

Gran Turismo 3 A-spec (PS2) - $7.50
ATV Offroad Fury 2 (PS2) - $7.50
Escape From Monkey Island (PS2) - $8.50
Tony Hawk's Underground (PS2) - $7.50

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I only bought 1 used game to trade in, Timesplitters from EBGames.com because Wherehouse said $26 but in store it only was $7.50. Otherwise, I buy all my games to trade in sealed. It's just a matter of knowing what is worth a decent amount of trade in value when you see a cheap game. Like when it was posted that Motor Trend was $12.48 at TRU, and Buy 2 get 1 free was going on, a lot of people myself included, went to Toys R Us to get them for $8.33 each.[/quote]

OMG i fell for the same crap. I bought it purposely to trade in. I was hecka disappointed when he said it was 7.50... :cry: But at least I got to trade in metal dungeon, malice, and room zoom. Think i'm gonna hop on the v-rally 3 wagon.

BTW wat did u do w/ time splitters?

Today I traded in Smackdown Here Comes the Pain (paid $5 for it with GTA SA with that BB deal the week GTA came out). Anyway, I checked online at wherehouse and it listed $11 but when I traded it instore I got $18 for it, I was quite surprised to say the least.

With this (among other good trade in values) and getting Seinfeld dvds a week early, I had a great day at FYE.

[quote name='smartasien']BTW wat did u do w/ time splitters?[/quote]

I traded it in anyway, since I paid $4.50 for it with tax, I still got $3 more than I paid for it.

Seinfeld dvds a week early? How, did they have them out by mistake, was it the giftset? Will you qualify for their rebate, I don't think you will.

[quote name='clevelandmvp']Seinfeld dvds a week early? How, did they have them out by mistake, was it the giftset? Will you qualify for their rebate, I don't think you will.[/quote]

Wow, talk about a barrage of questions. Anyway here goes.
Yes I got them a week early. They weren't with new releases but they were sitting in the section for TV DVD sets. No they did not have the gift set. ::deep breath:: No I will not qualify for the rebate and it wasn't on sale (like their DVDs usually are the first week) so I had to pay a little more but I figure by saving myself between 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours of driving time and gas by not making a trip next week jsut to get them it kind of balances out. That and the fact that despite spending $160 in store credit, I still have over $90 left.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']1080 Avalanche is down to $24. EB B&M had them down to $9.99. Dunno how long it will last at that price.[/quote]

The trade-in value is $24? Seems high for 1080 ...

How long does the store credit last for? Does it have to be used wihtin a year? I am just thinking ahead espcecially if Xbox 2 comes out next fall like the it is rumored to be. :D

V-Rally 3 for XBOX $6.99 new at EB, $27 trade-in at FYE. Also dropped a copy of Sneakers for $27 (picked up 3 at TRU for during B2G1 sale for $20 I think).

OMFG soooo ticked I went to FYE today to trade in sneakers and motor trend lotus challenge and the manager was being a dick. She wouldn't let me sell anything cuz I'm not 18 yet. Even so, what really ticked me off was that she spoke to me in a condescending manner just cuz i'm a kid. Hecka disrespected me. And I asked nicely too. Gave the same crap to my friend who was just asking for a rebate form for Family Guy DVD. I smell complaint letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back