2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was a jerk about a rebate form?! That sucks. As for not being able to sell anything, it's possible that is their policy and it's just not usually enforced. I agree that they handled it in the wrong way though. They should have just nicely said you have to be 18. No reason for a manager to talk to someone like that just because they are under 18.

I got quoted $15.00 for PS2 ESPN NHL 2k4 but they wouldn't take it in because of a smudge. I went to another FYE and they quoted me $12.00 and they let me trade it in. I gotta say, this process is tedius but I guess I should look out for smudges next time.

Because the 2K5 titles came out with a MSRP of $19.99 while the 2K4 games came out with a MSRP of $49.99 and FYE of course, is not up to date with price drops and the respective drop in trade in values.

I was wondering. Is it possible to transfer my store credit receipt to a FYE giftcard? Cuz I'll have to wait a lot longer for star ocean and san andreas otherwise.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Because the 2K5 titles came out with a MSRP of $19.99 while the 2K4 games came out with a MSRP of $49.99 and FYE of course, is not up to date with price drops and the respective drop in trade in values.[/quote]

Yeah but you don't get jack for earlier versions of other sports games.

[quote name='smartasien']I was wondering. Is it possible to transfer my store credit receipt to a FYE giftcard? Cuz I'll have to wait a lot longer for star ocean and san andreas otherwise.[/quote]

It's hard, but very possible. You can sweet talk your way into anything. I usually hit on the girls and ask them out ... haven't failed me yet.

Good luck with getting store credit on a gift card. I have been to 3 stores and asked and all have refused.

I really don't get why they all won't do it, I mean it's not like giftcards are worth more or anything. I just want to be able to order off of FYE.com since the instore selection is horrible for games.

I went into FYE the other day and i was told since my games had stickers from another used game stores they would not take them...wtf is up with that, the manager said they are considered "double used" and their DM told them they cant be traded in like that...this place is so f-ing whacked out its not even funny

[quote name='DirtyBoB']I went into FYE the other day and i was told since my games had stickers from another used game stores they would not take them...wtf is up with that, the manager said they are considered "double used" and their DM told them they cant be traded in like that...this place is so f-ing whacked out its not even funny[/quote]

This is why I only do new games unless I got a few new cases laying around. I usually have 5 new cases for every system.

[quote name='DirtyBoB']I went into FYE the other day and i was told since my games had stickers from another used game stores they would not take them...wtf is up with that, the manager said they are considered "double used" and their DM told them they cant be traded in like that...this place is so f-ing whacked out its not even funny[/quote]

Just peel them off before you bring them in. Use Goo Gone, water, or uh...your saliva to get it all off easily.

And 1080 was $26 in credit at Strawberries yesterday, that's $2 more than what FYE takes it for. I also traded in Go GO Hypergrind for $26 there while FYE wanted $6 for it.

It also looks like I have some competition in the FYE stores in Boston. COpies of V-Rally 3 and Motor Trend are being bought fast at EB and ended up next door at FYE and I'm not the one buying them! :shock:

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='DirtyBoB']I went into FYE the other day and i was told since my games had stickers from another used game stores they would not take them...wtf is up with that, the manager said they are considered "double used" and their DM told them they cant be traded in like that...this place is so f-ing whacked out its not even funny[/quote]

Just peel them off before you bring them in. Use Goo Gone, water, or uh...your saliva to get it all off easily.

And 1080 was $26 in credit at Strawberries yesterday, that's $2 more than what FYE takes it for. I also traded in Go GO Hypergrind for $26 there while FYE wanted $6 for it.

It also looks like I have some competition in the FYE stores in Boston. COpies of V-Rally 3 and Motor Trend are being bought fast at EB and ended up next door at FYE and I'm not the one buying them! :shock:[/quote]
BASTARDS!!!! Well you can take my word for it thats its not me

Sheesh, I don't know how many weekends of mine this FYE business has taken up:

Morrowind (Xbox, non GOTY) - $7.50
Room Zoom (x2, Xbox) - $26.00 each
Malice (Xbox) - $27.00
Motor Trend (Xbox) - $27.00
V-Rally 3 (Xbox) - $27.00
plus 2 old football games for $1 each, needed to clear shelf space.

Malice wouldn't scan, but when they did a manual lookup it popped up. Took 3 FYE visits (damn condition nazi's), but was profitable in the end.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']Zoom Room didn't scan in their system for me, the manager of FYE said no good. :cry:[/quote]

He lied to you, so that he wouldnt have to accept it. They do that quite often

What's with all this shit about condition? My FYE has never checked the condition of my games, or even opened the case to check for disc/manual!

Only problem is they never disable those damn security thingies, and I'm walking through the mall setting off every other stores alarm with my games/dvd's.

Can someone verify that Sega Soccer Slam is 24 bucks? I looked on the wherehouse website and it said six bucks..but hopefully it's more because EB has a copy for 10.

I traded it in, in September for $24 (Gamecube version), they are trying to sell it for $29.99 so it's possible the value did drop but I'm not sure because they priced it $29.99 as the first price and not a markdown.

[quote name='DirtyBoB'][quote name='Mishimaryu']Zoom Room didn't scan in their system for me, the manager of FYE said no good. :cry:[/quote]

He lied to you, so that he wouldnt have to accept it. They do that quite often[/quote]

Actually that happened to me too. And I'm on very good terms with the manager, so he'd have no reason to lie.

Dave

I live in Arizona where there are no FYE or strawberrys or coconuts stores, but there is a warehouse store near ASU in Tempe... So if I buy a few v-rally 3's or 1080 avalances i can trade them in at warehouse for 27-26 apiece?

yes, I also recomend room zoom which can be bought new for 10 at EB and traded in for 26, NBA 2k4 (XBOX) gets you 24 and Malice (xbox) gets you 27, both can be found used at really cheap prices

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='DirtyBoB'][quote name='Mishimaryu']Zoom Room didn't scan in their system for me, the manager of FYE said no good. :cry:[/quote]

He lied to you, so that he wouldnt have to accept it. They do that quite often[/quote]

Actually that happened to me too. And I'm on very good terms with the manager, so he'd have no reason to lie.

Dave[/quote]

Sure he does its a "softer" way of telling you that hes not excepting your games because he has like 8 in stock. I myself tried to trade in a Room Zoom and one of there manager says it didnt scan, so i sent a friend with the same game with the same case just to verify his story and they accepted it with no problem.

[quote name='DirtyBoB'][quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='DirtyBoB'][quote name='Mishimaryu']Zoom Room didn't scan in their system for me, the manager of FYE said no good. :cry:[/quote]

Dave[/quote]

Sure he does its a "softer" way of telling you that hes not excepting your games because he has like 8 in stock. I myself tried to trade in a Room Zoom and one of there manager says it didnt scan, so i sent a friend with the same game with the same case just to verify his story and they accepted it with no problem.[/quote]

You got hosed

well that's just GAY, I ended up scoring 4 room zooms at EB today and the guy at wherehouse would only let me trade 1 of them!

Oh well, I'll be back later, hopefully the manager guy won't be there next time :(

well that's just GAY, I ended up scoring 4 room zooms at EB today and the guy at wherehouse would only let me trade 1 of them!

Oh well, I'll be back later, hopefully the manager guy won't be there next time

Dude, at least use some common sense and learn to play the game. Don't try to trade in more than one at a time or you are just asking for it.

[quote name='MrSneis']well that's just GAY, I ended up scoring 4 room zooms at EB today and the guy at wherehouse would only let me trade 1 of them!

Oh well, I'll be back later, hopefully the manager guy won't be there next time :([/quote]

Err..your best bet is to bring them in one at a time. In fact, find some of the other $24-$27 trade in games (NBA 2K4, Motor Trend, Malice, etc.) and bring in a bundle consisting of one copy each or some other cheapo games. Bringing in more than one copy of the same sometimes will not work. Spacing out the days you go in works well too. :wink:

gamecrazy also matches so if you got your recept showing ROOM ZOOM for 26 take it to gamecrazy and they should match it. Going to try this weds here i got THUG 2 I want to sell to them for 30

[quote name='sallyballs'][quote name='MrSneis']well that's just GAY, I ended up scoring 4 room zooms at EB today and the guy at wherehouse would only let me trade 1 of them!

Oh well, I'll be back later, hopefully the manager guy won't be there next time :([/quote]

Err..your best bet is to bring them in one at a time. In fact, find some of the other $24-$27 trade in games (NBA 2K4, Motor Trend, Malice, etc.) and bring in a bundle consisting of one copy each or some other cheapo games. Bringing in more than one copy of the same sometimes will not work. Spacing out the days you go in works well too. :wink:[/quote]

Yeah sorry, I'm new to this business :) If you read about 4 posts up I prove how much of a n00b I am!

[quote name='crackak111a']Can someone verify that Sega Soccer Slam is 24 bucks? I looked on the wherehouse website and it said six bucks..but hopefully it's more because EB has a copy for 10.[/quote]

I traded it in last week at Strawberries for $24. At FYE it actually scanned for $6.

And remember that from 7-12 on Friday, EB will be having their buy two get one free special on used games. This is a great time to build up on FYE strore credit, espcially if you can use the 30% off coupon. :D

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='crackak111a']Can someone verify that Sega Soccer Slam is 24 bucks? I looked on the wherehouse website and it said six bucks..but hopefully it's more because EB has a copy for 10.[/quote]

I traded it in last week at Strawberries for $24. At FYE it actually scanned for $6.

And remember that from 7-12 on Friday, EB will be having their buy two get one free special on used games. This is a great time to build up on FYE strore credit, espcially if you can use the 30% off coupon. :D[/quote]

There will be some serious trading that day

I really hope they aren't lowering trade in values, after they accepted my 1st set of games, I was going to send in some more but not if the values are less than they were.

This could be the end of Motor Trend :(

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']1080 Avalance was a penny?! When did you try to trade it in?[/quote]

:shock:

I'm hoping the reason for that is that their system is down. I'm going to hit up the FYE by me later today and see what happens. Damn, this would really suck a fatty if they decided to wise up. :evil: #-o

anyone know if FYE credit can be sold?? and how much % it goes for... Found out today FYE here has no plans on carrying the DS OR PSP. Dont feel like thinking to ship the new ps2s they break too freaking ez

I traded in 1080 at Strawberries for $26 on Sunday. It might just be wherehouse prices that are down.

But if FYE really is dropping the prices on their games I bet it's because they got hit with tons of credit slips when people picked up their Nintendo DS.

Wherehouse.com doesn't list trade in prices for either Malice or 1080 anymore :( I went in at 10 p.m. Monday night BTW. I gotta figure out how to get my moneys worth or my money back from the two games now !

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']
But if FYE really is dropping the prices on their games I bet it's because they got hit with tons of credit slips when people picked up their Nintendo DS.[/quote]

I did use 3 credit slips to pay the balance of my DS, so maybe you are right. I think it's possible that a lot of people just had so much credit and nothing to spend it on and the DS seemed like the best way to spend a lot of credit at once to get something nice.

Had FYE had the games I actually wanted to buy (Taiko Drum Master, Sega Superstars, Karaoke Revolution Vol 3, Donkey Konga, Nicktoons Eyetoy), maybe I would have used up a lot of the credit earlier and not had so much credit to use on the DS. If they aren't going to carry any of the non "big name" games, I might not trade in so much anymore anyway. I never expected them not go get in any of those games.

I know of at least 3 people who used store credit to pay for their DS this week. The company probably figured something was up when they all have Motor Trend Lotus Challenge, Room Zoom, ESPN 2k4 and V-Rally 3 on them.

They have all those games you mentioned at the Strawberries I sometimes go to but that is probably because it's a huge store (7 floors).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back