2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen any Strawberries around me unfortunately. It definetly sounds nicer than FYE. I have been to 4 different FYE stores and no stores have any of those games. I sent a bunch of games to Wherehouse.com last week who does have most of those games so I might just send my games to them from now on but the problem is 1 copy of a title per person.

Ok so has anyone been to FYE and tried it out? I hope this system isn't messed up..i just ordered 3 copies of Pro Race Driver, 3 of Sneakers, and 1 NBA 2k4..and it would suck to waste that.

Well, I am done with this business... for anyone new to this post or anybody wanting to experiment at wherehouse or whatever please read my story:

I live in Arizona where there is only 1 wherehouse store and I think there's an FYE around somewhere but it's probably about 2 hours away.

Yesterday upon reading this thread a light clicked in my head and I drove down to EB and picked up 4 room zooms, out of my list of the "cheap at EB but high trade in prices at wherehouse" it was the only one available in decent shape. Total spent: ~ 43 dollars.

Drove immediately to wherehouse with the stack, manager rang me up and realized I had 4 sealed copies of the same game and looked at me like I stole them or something ~ in the end I could only trade in 1 of the games @ 26$... I picked up MGS3 and Underworld Extended version while there for about 67 dollars, after I left I realized what a horrible purchase I made (price! not of the items themselves)

Drove back to another EB near home and returned the 3 room zooms, bought 1080 avalanche and malice, used the rest of the credit on a wireless controller I really wanted.

Went back to wherehouse that same night brought with me my Underworld regular ed. and ps2 frequency along with 1080 and malice, underworld fetched my 5$ and frequency $7.50, as I mentioned earlier Malice "wasn't in the system" and 1080 came up $.01.

Today I brought 1080 and Malice to Gamecrazy, I got 22 dollars trade in credit for the games so I picked up a pstwo stand (15 freaking dollars!!!) and Room Zoom because I figured I could sneak past the manager and get another 26 bucks for it... cost to me: another 10 dollars because room zoom is 15 bucks and the stand was another 15.

Drove down to wherehouse, manager wasn't around so a girl rings me up and says she can only give me $15 in credit, looking at the receipt I see that the game came up as "DC racing" I let her know and she tells me that it's "one of those games" that rings up wrong and there is nothing she can do. I want to be able to tell her I got 26 dollars just yesterday for it and it rang up RIGHT but alas I can't so I instead mention that the website has 26 dollars are the trade in value, she doesn't budge and I walk out with the 15 in cash...

I am done with this business, it's way too much work and it doesn't seem to be yielding me awesome amounts of money like everyone else ~ that and the stress it puts on my conscience sucks too.

Don't mean to scare you guys away, just wanted to let you know that not every store is an easy score, it's not worth it expecially when there is only one TWEC store nearby.

how did you walk out with 15 bucks in cash when they only give credit. Also if you got a gamecrazy they will match the Trade in vaules if you can get it in print form

The wherehouse here does cash or credit, they are the sam amount.

I know about Gamecrazy's trade-matching policy ~ I just can't look them straight in the face when trading in 3 sealed games of the same title for 26 dollars apiece, especially since I go to 3 gamecrazy's on a regular basis, I hate one of the managers enough as it is, don't want a bad rep !

I traded in Motor Trend for $27 today so if the values are dropping, they haven't done it in store..yet, or at least for Motor Trend they haven't.

First off, don't leave the games sealed. Second of all, don't trade multiples. You are only asking for trouble my friend.

My copy of 1080 Avalanche has rung up as $0.01 (one penny) at FYE since last Wednesday. I tried on two seperate occasions with two different sales guys. What's up with that?

I even had them not scan it and just look up the game by it's name. Still a penny. Oh well.

Play with fire and you'll eventually get burned. Either way, I'm still on top SO much and will continue.

All seems fine for now. Traded in the usual assortment of XBox games at FYE and still got $24-27 for each of them.

[quote name='MrSneis']Well, I am done with this business... for anyone new to this post or anybody wanting to experiment at wherehouse or whatever please read my story:

I live in Arizona where there is only 1 wherehouse store and I think there's an FYE around somewhere but it's probably about 2 hours away.

Yesterday upon reading this thread a light clicked in my head and I drove down to EB and picked up 4 room zooms, out of my list of the "cheap at EB but high trade in prices at wherehouse" it was the only one available in decent shape. Total spent: ~ 43 dollars.

Drove immediately to wherehouse with the stack, manager rang me up and realized I had 4 sealed copies of the same game and looked at me like I stole them or something ~ in the end I could only trade in 1 of the games @ 26$... I picked up MGS3 and Underworld Extended version while there for about 67 dollars, after I left I realized what a horrible purchase I made (price! not of the items themselves)

Drove back to another EB near home and returned the 3 room zooms, bought 1080 avalanche and malice, used the rest of the credit on a wireless controller I really wanted.

Went back to wherehouse that same night brought with me my Underworld regular ed. and ps2 frequency along with 1080 and malice, underworld fetched my 5$ and frequency $7.50, as I mentioned earlier Malice "wasn't in the system" and 1080 came up $.01.

Today I brought 1080 and Malice to Gamecrazy, I got 22 dollars trade in credit for the games so I picked up a pstwo stand (15 freaking dollars!!!) and Room Zoom because I figured I could sneak past the manager and get another 26 bucks for it... cost to me: another 10 dollars because room zoom is 15 bucks and the stand was another 15.

Drove down to wherehouse, manager wasn't around so a girl rings me up and says she can only give me $15 in credit, looking at the receipt I see that the game came up as "DC racing" I let her know and she tells me that it's "one of those games" that rings up wrong and there is nothing she can do. I want to be able to tell her I got 26 dollars just yesterday for it and it rang up RIGHT but alas I can't so I instead mention that the website has 26 dollars are the trade in value, she doesn't budge and I walk out with the 15 in cash...

I am done with this business, it's way too much work and it doesn't seem to be yielding me awesome amounts of money like everyone else ~ that and the stress it puts on my conscience sucks too.

Don't mean to scare you guys away, just wanted to let you know that not every store is an easy score, it's not worth it expecially when there is only one TWEC store nearby.[/quote]

So wait...you go into the store with 4 sealed copies of a relatively unknown game, and then have a problem when they reject taking your four sealed copies? Boo Freaking Hoo. Use some common sense and take one game in at a time and make sure you open it before trading it in. And the reason why 1080 came up as only a penny is because they have too many copies in stock. This happens frequently especially when people abuse the system.

[quote name='MrSneis']I am done with this business, it's way too much work and it doesn't seem to be yielding me awesome amounts of money like everyone else ~ that and the stress it puts on my conscience sucks too.[/quote]

What strain on your conscience? It doesn't sound like you did anything illegal or unethical. You simply were a smart consumer who took advantage of a store's ignorant and just plain dumb business model.

On another note, even though I didn't really want one that badly at this point, nearly picked up a DS on the weekend at FYE. I was trading in some games for credit and saw they had one left. They would sell it, but they had done the EB/Gamestop thing of gutting it and taking the system out of the sealed box already. No thank you. Why is the game industry the only one where they sell already-opened product for the same price as sealed new? Try doing that with a floor model TV or something, sheesh.

I hate how some FYE stores gut games and systems and others don't. I wish they would all just go to the system some of the stores have where the games are out but in that plastic border type case that can't be removed without a tool.

Traded in

Room Zoom - 26
Shadow Ops - 25
Espn 2k4 xb - 24
Moter Trend - 27
Pro Racer - 27

All seems normal for now

I just traded in Go-Go Hypergrind for GC and used a $25 gift card to buy Smallville Season 3. I quit FYE a month ago, and I really enjoyed sticking it to them. Now, off to EB to buy another Hypergrind...

MX Superfly (Xbox) - $24 (paid $10 at Sears)
Airblade (PS2) - $8.50 (paid $3 at EB)
Driven (PS2) - $8.50 (paid $0.01 at Toys R Us)
and traded in another Motor Trend for $27.

MX Superfly is one of those weird trade in price games where on one system, the game is worth 3 - 4 times as much as the same game on other systems, since the Gamecube version was worth $8.50 but was recently lowered to $6 and the PS2 version is either $6 or $8.50

Another question, has anyone ever been able to return something they bought without store credit and then rebuy it again with store credit?

I unexpectedly was at a mall today that I don't normally go to and of course, the one time I don't have any store credit with me is the time I find stuff that I have been looking for but was never able to find. I bought Mario 64 DS and I was going to try to take it back to the FYE I normally go to and return it and then rebuy it using my store credit but I'm not sure if they'll let me or not.

[quote name='DirtyBoB']Traded in

Room Zoom - 26
Shadow Ops - 25
Espn 2k4 xb - 24
Moter Trend - 27
Pro Racer - 27

All seems normal for now[/quote]

is "espn 2k4" Espn NFL ?

[quote name='Cracka'][quote name='DirtyBoB']Traded in

Room Zoom - 26
Shadow Ops - 25
Espn 2k4 xb - 24
Moter Trend - 27
Pro Racer - 27

All seems normal for now[/quote]

is "espn 2k4" Espn NFL ?[/quote]

No its NBA 2k4, NFL gets you around a $1 i think

wherehouse.com not displaying any Trade-in prices right now? EVERYTHING is "Please try again later."

Could this be signaling a large overhaul of ridiculously over-priced trade-in values at FYE?

better shovel that crap in there FAST!!!

Traded in 2 Room Zooms today at seperate FYEs for $26 each. I swear they need to make a priceless commercial using the look on FYE manager's faces when Room Zoom comes up $26. :lol: :lol: :lol:

a couple weeks ago i tried in trading in second sight xbox to wherehouse and got 14..i'm thinking of getting room zoom, vrally3, and nba2k4 to trade from eb wit their pre played b2g1 free deal..i hope those games are still worth the same for trade in.. i checked on wherehouse.com and it says room zoom is cancelled under price you'd get back

[quote name='rly723']a couple weeks ago i tried in trading in second sight xbox to wherehouse and got 14..i'm thinking of getting room zoom, vrally3, and nba2k4 to trade from eb wit their pre played b2g1 free deal..i hope those games are still worth the same for trade in.. i checked on wherehouse.com and it says room zoom is cancelled under price you'd get back[/quote]

It should be fine for now, I as well as some others have still been fleec..err trading in games to FYE even after the wherehouse site went down. In fact, I'm going back later today to drop off some more games. Like any good deal I am sure it will run its course, get in while you can.

Pro Race Driver Question:

(cant search the answer here... thread is too big now... lol)

so...

whic SKU for XBOX Pro Race Driver fetches the most at FYE?

The SKU numbered: "67649 40061" found printed on the DVD insert behid a sticker for a different sku....

or SKU number: "67649 40035 " found on a sticker outside of the SKU on the insert....

any help here?

[quote name='Cracka']is this room zoom for ps2 or xbox[/quote]

xbox, I dont think room zoom has come out for any other systems

ESPN 2K5 Trade in at FYE: 8.50
P.O.D Satellite Trade in at FYE: 4.00
The look on a managers face after Room Zoom rings up for 26$: Priceless!

I got the same look on my managers face when that happened last time too. It was hysterical. I was almost in tears by the time I got out of the store. Okay, it wasn't that funny, but just the thought, it's pretty hysterical.

is there a set minimum amount they give for cds or dvds?

i have some older cds that i'm gonna trade in there and i'm kinda wanting to know a ball park figure so that if they give me $2 all together for all 20 something of my cds i wont be shocked.

sweet... i should get $54.65 for 12 old cds and 3 crappy dvds... now if they dont give me around this amount i will probably be very disappointed.

A little heads up for people who are going to price match with gamecrazy or any other chain that does. It's kind of a pain to price match anything to the fact that they require phone verification. And since alot of the games won't come up if searched manually, or have wrong names .. this is gonna be a little tough to do.

Good point.

Some of the games that could give you trouble:

Room Zoom----> This actually scans as Room Zoom but on reciepts it's DC Racing

Sneakers---->Nezmix

Freestyle Street Soccer----> Urban Street Soccer I think.

Then there is the fact that prices can vary from store to store. I know I have traded games in at FYE and Strawberries on the same day and came up with different prices.

Roadkill (GC) FYE=$17 Strawberries=$24
1080 Avalanche FYE=$24 SWB=$26
Pro Race Driver FYE=$5 SWB=$27
Go Go Hypergrind FYE=$6 SWB=$26
Disaster Report FYE=$8.50 SWB=$18

Kinda off topic but i've seen rebates mentioned here somewhere... Anyway, can you just send the sticker that FYE places on the wrapping as the UPC or do i have to cut it out from the box?

[quote name='peace']Kinda off topic but i've seen rebates mentioned here somewhere... Anyway, can you just send the sticker that FYE places on the wrapping as the UPC or do i have to cut it out from the box?[/quote]

Some people have said that all they sent in was the UPC sticker and they have gotten their rebate back. Knowing how particular they are about their rebates though I think its kind of iffy.

It's YMMV for sure. All of my rebates for FYE have been rejected so far.

Fable: Recpeit showed it was bought 1 day BEFORE the rebate offer. Rejected

Star Wars DVD: Rejected because it sent 1 day AFTER the post mark limit.

Family Guy DVD: Rejected because I sent in the UPC bar from the wrapper.

Spiderman 2: Rejected. Was on the same reciept as some store credit so I got a customer copy and sent that one in.

Oh great, I sent in a AA battery receipt copy that was printed for the rebate because I had store credit left on it as well. The manager assured me that a copy would be ok. If it gets rejected, I am going to complain until it gets honored (I'll write to FYE, and take it further if neccessary).

It seems like rebate companies look for a chance to reject a rebate for any possible reason. :roll:

damn those FYE employees and their policies..

they only accepted 2 of my cds and rejected 9 of them (the 2 they accepted had never been opened...) they also accepted 4 cheap dvds which had also never been opened before..

so i ended up getting $24.25 instead of $54 :(

but like 2 of the cds had 1 scratch on it and it was a tiny scratch that you could only see if you squinted... that would've been around $6 more..

so tempted to borrow a cd doctor from somebody lmao.. but that would just be wrong.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It's YMMV for sure. All of my rebates for FYE have been rejected so far.

Fable: Recpeit showed it was bought 1 day BEFORE the rebate offer. Rejected

Star Wars DVD: Rejected because it sent 1 day AFTER the post mark limit.

Family Guy DVD: Rejected because I sent in the UPC bar from the wrapper.

Spiderman 2: Rejected. Was on the same reciept as some store credit so I got a customer copy and sent that one in.[/quote]

Somebody owes you $40.00

And when I bought Fable (Xbox) from Coconuts awhile ago, I sent the rebate form, but instead of the UPC, I just mailed it with the sticker on the wrapper (I'm not gonna cut something that I just paid 50 bucks for. Sorry) and they accepted it. Just this saturday, I recieved my check for $10.00 on behalf of purchasing Fable.

On a side note, I'm surprised that Trans World Entertainment (parent company of FYE, Strawberries, Coconuts, etc.) actually sends you a check for $10.00 rather than $10.00 worth of store credit. I used store credit to buy Fable so, overall, they gave me $10.00 and Fable for nothing. It's just amazing!!!!

And finally...

Bad Boys: Miami Takedown (PS2) - $5.00

yea i was jk, i wouldnt do something like that..

i know this is kinda off topic, but i heard that gamestop may be accepting cds now or sometime soon. Do any of you know if they are as strict about trade ins? because i know they take games with scratches, so i'd think cds would be no different..

also do any of you know if its just $1 per cd of if it depends on the cd...

[quote name='Cracka']yea i was jk, i wouldnt do something like that..

i know this is kinda off topic, but i heard that gamestop may be accepting cds now or sometime soon. Do any of you know if they are as strict about trade ins? because i know they take games with scratches, so i'd think cds would be no different..

also do any of you know if its just $1 per cd of if it depends on the cd...[/quote]

Yeah, judging by their games it could be scratched to hell and they wouldn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back