2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='clariste']Went to BB tonight, had plenty of copies of Freestyle Street Soccer for both XBX and GC....only problem is, they're all marked with the Previously Played $14.99 sticker. They had the B2G1 deal goin on, but $30 for three copies, or $10 a piece, is too rich for my blood. Damn.[/quote]

i bought six copies marked at $6.99 each and they rang up at $4.99
Perhaps this is case everywhere?

[quote name='fivecardstud'][quote name='clariste']Went to BB tonight, had plenty of copies of Freestyle Street Soccer for both XBX and GC....only problem is, they're all marked with the Previously Played $14.99 sticker. They had the B2G1 deal goin on, but $30 for three copies, or $10 a piece, is too rich for my blood. Damn.[/quote]

i bought six copies marked at $6.99 each and they rang up at $4.99
Perhaps this is case everywhere?[/quote]Should be. I also found a copy of Room Zoom with a $6.99 sticker that rung up as $9.99. I pointed it out to them and they refunded me the difference.

Though I have one more copy of (Xbox) Urban Freestyle Street Soccer left on-hand, I think I'm pretty much done after a week of driving up and down Orlando doing B2G1F --> FYE trading (and offloading the no-go's and low-value games at Rhino's). I spent more money than I potentially could have, but I didn't want to "dump" obvious numbers of duplicates.

Mall at Millenia:
XBX Sneakers $27
PS2 SOCOM $15
XBX Maximum Chase $10
XBX Shadow Ops Red Mercury $22.19
XBX Urban Freestyle Street Soccer $17
GCN Urban Freestyle Street Soccer $17
XBX Room Zoom $26
XBX Star Wars Jedi Starfighter $7.50

[quote name='spin03']how much do they give for dinotopia? on the list it says 24-26. is it really 24-26, or is it less. are they still giving 25 for red dead revolver on ps2 and 22 for it on xbox.[/quote]

I traded in Dintopia several times. At the fye stores they were $24. At Strawberries and Record Town (fye affiliates) they were $26.

Can you use credit from other FYEs that you got at another FYE? I know that sounds wierd...but could I use credit from the Ann Arbor FYE at the Novi FYE?

[quote name='jkircos']Can you use credit from other FYEs that you got at another FYE? I know that sounds wierd...but could I use credit from the Ann Arbor FYE at the Novi FYE?[/quote]

Yes u can dude!!

Went to the BB in Meriden, CT. Good news is they're chock full of freestyle soccers. Bad news is NONE of them have instructions. Guess I'll be sticking to Unreal 2 (still 18) and Sneakers (27?!?!).

[quote name='paradoxikus']Went to the BB in Meriden, CT. Good news is they're chock full of freestyle soccers. Bad news is NONE of them have instructions. Guess I'll be sticking to Unreal 2 (still 18) and Sneakers (27?!?!).[/quote]

You may wanna just ask them if they have the Manuals in the back.
I did that once and she just went to the back and came back with the manuals.

So as of this week they still give $24 for Dinotopia? Also anyone in the Southeast Michigan area know of an FYE that takes game with no questions asked, or if they have alot of the games in stock? I went to the FYE in Ann Arbor and they would not take in Drake or Primal, because they already had two copies of each (mind you that they were all from me). The manager was the only one working then, so it might have just been her being difficult. The stores I could stop by are Somerset, Novi and Great Lake Crossing. Just want to know if anyone can help me.

Today

Battle Engine Aquila (Xbox) $18.50
Unreal II (Xbox) $18
Transformers (PS2) $14.99
R-Type Final (PS2) $14.99
Malice (PS2) $11

They rejected Viewtiful Joe for the GC...girl said they already had one in stock and couldn't accept another until that one sold. Looks like my local FYE is wising up a little. Back during the CC $5 sale I traded in a Motor Trends Lotus Challenge for $27 and remember seeing about 5 copies of that when I went and looked at the games. Over half way to my cheap preordered PSP thanks to trade-ins.

This is kind of OT, but it may not be considering the fact that Fye's have been wising up about their inventory. Who in the world buys from them, unless they are running some insane rebate deal. Their prices are like airport shop prices. Obviously with my collection of receipts, I'll have to do some shopping from them.

[quote name='lurknomore']Obviously with my collection of receipts, I'll have to do some shopping from them.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat... i got enough for a PSP and about $150 over, but what to spend it on there?! I'm hoping they end up stocking DUO memory sticks so i can pick up one of those.

[quote name='fivecardstud'][quote name='lurknomore']Obviously with my collection of receipts, I'll have to do some shopping from them.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat... i got enough for a PSP and about $150 over, but what to spend it on there?! I'm hoping they end up stocking DUO memory sticks so i can pick up one of those.[/quote]

I'm not complaining though....because this deal has worked out for me...just thinking and wondering.

[quote name='cyberlian']does FYE, or any other store, take Everquest online adventures for trade. I have two copies that I don't need...[/quote]

Theyre worth $.01

[quote name='fivecardstud'][quote name='lurknomore']Obviously with my collection of receipts, I'll have to do some shopping from them.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat... i got enough for a PSP and about $150 over, but what to spend it on there?! I'm hoping they end up stocking DUO memory sticks so i can pick up one of those.[/quote]

This boat is getting crowded.
Check out this post i started about the Non Gaming Items at FYE.
Please add anything that you've seen:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52159

3-03-05 Trade In Prices

Freestyle Soccer Xbox+GC Both still $17
Wing Commander Gba $10
Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex GC $7.50
Espn Nba 2k4 Ps2 $6
Kengo Ps2 $4
Spawn armeggedon Ps2 $7.50
Star wars Bounty hunter GC $7.50
Bomberman jetters GC $9

03-04-05

Mojo XB $8.50
Freestyle Soccer - $17
R-type Final PS2 - $14.99
Rogue Ops PS2 - $7.50
Max Payne 2 PS2 - $7.50
Celebrity Deathmatch XB - $7.50

One disturbing thing was that I saw a sticker on the Xbox Unreal II saying that it was on sale for $16.99 (web site says $19.99). Did it drop in price since the 2nd? (someone got $18 for it then)?

It was a very strange time at the local FYE actually. The district manager was there and was ragging on the employees, talking about how the store was dragging down the region. Not selling enough magazine subscriptions and other useless crap like DVD player lens cleaners (I got a hard-sell for one of them from the employee that was helping me out after the DM talked to him). Also, the last time I was there one of the employees tole me that they could put my store credit onto gift cards so that I could use it onlone or at other stores. The guy I was talking to was cool about it and would have done it, but got a phone call and had one of the other employees try and do it. Well of course she asks the DM, who tells her that it's not allowed. Bah.

Anyone know if you can return stuff bought at an FYE to Wherehouse?

Traded in today:

Freestyle Soccer (Xbox) - 17
Freestyle Soccer (Gcube) - 17
Room Zoom (Xbox) - 26

I think I did pretty good spending $12 in credit at BB to get $60 in credit at FYE!

[quote name='mtxbass1']A game/dvd will come up $0.01 if the FYE has too many copies of that game/dvd.[/quote]

The thing is that they have none in stock and I know some people were having the same thing happen with blitz and hitz pro

[quote name='elprincipe'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Gamestop dropped Malice to $10

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=210638

It got me $27 last month so it's great PSP trade in bait.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, very nice.[/quote]

Spoke too soon. Went to Gamestop yesterday and they were selling it for $14.99 or $12.99 used. I pointed out it is $9.99 on their website to no avail. Dumb, but I already knew they were.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Drake is down to $9 in my local FYE, unfortunately. Malice and Sneakers, at least according to people over the phone, will still fetch $27, and Freestyle Street Soccer GCN $17.

I couldn't trade in Room Zoom for XBOX at the Montebello, CA FYE. It didn't show up in their system and didn't scan for one cent either (NHL Hitz scanned for a cent). I'm going to try trading them in at the Wherehouse and see what happens.

I traded today.

RoomZoom $26
Primal $10
GC Freestyle Soccer $17
Clock Tower 3 $7.50
Virtua Tenis (GBA) $7.50
Drake( last one :D ) $9

Frequency is down to $4 (I kept it)

I just traded some games:

Room ZOom=26.00
V-Rally=7.50
Drake=9.00

Thanks for everyone help on this thread as I stumbled upon it 2 days ago and am using it to get a PSP thanks again guys and ill post more stuff when I go trade in some more stuff on the 8th Tuesday.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='EddieBelfour']you cant use the credit online, ay?[/quote]

If you can put it on a gift card you can.[/quote]

can i go to the store and get it put on a giftcard?

WWE Smackdown vs Raw- $26
Ninja Gaiden - $22
Spiderman 2 DS- $21
Madden DS- $21
Space Channel 5 SE - $12

They wouldn't take my Freestyle Street Soccer for Xbox.

[quote name='badmrfrosty20']
They wouldn't take my Freestyle Street Soccer for Xbox.[/quote]

are they chaning the system to this already?

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='badmrfrosty20']

are they chaning the system to this already?[/quote]

NOOOOO!!!! I just bought of two these from Blockbuster to trade in. I guess I'll be there right when they open Monday morning, hopefully they will still take them.

[quote name='ofacto'][quote name='oper00'][quote name='badmrfrosty20']

NOOOOO!!!! I just bought of two these from Blockbuster to trade in. I guess I'll be there right when they open Monday morning, hopefully they will still take them.[/quote]

Heh, tell me about it. everytime i'm about to jump on a deal, it's pretty much over with.

[quote name='oper00'][quote name='badmrfrosty20']

OH NO!!!!!

Hopefully this is YMMV.

thank you guys so much for all of the info and help with FYE. i have about 240 in credit there, and i only spent around 40-50 bucks and 20 in blockbuster credit. i will just pay 60 bucks+tax for the rest of a psp (bundled with game) and in the end, i got my psp for 50% off. i have a psp and 3 games Paid in Full, 4 xbox games Paid In Full, and a extra $150 at gamerush thanks to CAG. thank you guys so much.

[quote name='captaincold'][quote name='oper00'][quote name='badmrfrosty20']

OH NO!!!!!

Hopefully this is YMMV.[/quote]

It most definately is YMMV. I went to one FYE and they wouldn't take the game due to the "exclusive" sticker on the cover, and another didn't even care.

[quote name='Ricochet']It most definately is YMMV. I went to one FYE and they wouldn't take the game due to the "exclusive" sticker on the cover, and another didn't even care.[/quote]

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that was denied due to the "exclusive" sticker. Sucks since the cashier already scanned it and it showed up at $17, but the manager saw it and told her not to take it. Ugh!

I traded in some games at FYE on Saturday and the guy asks me if I wanted trade or 75% in cash!!!! I have been there a dozen times in the last 2 months and they never told me that I could get cash. Has anyone else got this offer, the guy said that they have always had this policy.

Just got back from FYE.

Trade in prices (all Xbox)...

Bloodwake $7.50
Bond 007 EON $7.50
Legacy of Kain : Defiance $7.50
Max Payne 2 $7.50
Medal of Honor Rising Sun $7.50
NBA Street 3 $19
Roadkill $7.50
KOTOR 2 $19
Test Drive $7.50
Lord of the Rings : ROTK $7.50

and Glengarry Glenross (DVD) $3.00

Got just over $100 in credit, bought a gift card with it, then went to FYE.com and ordered a PS2.

Not bad considering most of the games I got more back than I paid for them.

They wouldn't take Serious Sam, Madden 04, NCAA 2005/Top Spin Combo Disk, Jet Set Radio Future, NFL Blitz Pro, or Whiplash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back