2004 NBA Finals Thread

[quote name='daphatty']Sacramento and San Antonio were the only two teams that genuinely had a shot at defeating the Lakers.[/quote]

The Spurs fucked that up when they couldn't figure out how to penetrate the Lakers zone defense in games 3-6.

[quote name='BigNick']Another fine day, and the Kings still suck.[/quote]

So very very true, couldn't have said it better myself.

[quote name='Moxio']Right now the Pistons are leading 22-21.[/quote]

OMG! I was watching the season finale of the sopranos. Shaq tied it up at 28 with a free throw.

I love ignorant people. Kings are a great team, and to "give up" means your not a fan, and you just went along with a team.

I like how the Pistons shocked all the Laker fans. Yeah, right, sweep...

[quote name='guyver2077']thank god pistons beat them..so tired of the lakers...they are like the yankees.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. I don't think anything could make me happier right now then for the Laker's to lose this series.

[quote name='guyver2077']thank god pistons beat them..so tired of the lakers...they are like the yankees.[/quote]

That's true... they've been winning a bit too much.

However, I'm not picking sides for this series. Whoever wins, my hat's off to them.

The Piston managed to get over 80, thats amazing in itself, while beating the Lakers, another amazing thing, and also winning at LA, no one had done that this post season.

My hats off to the Pistons, even if they don't win the series, they've already pasted many people's expectations

[quote name='"guyver2077"']i know malone and payton deserve that ring but i hope the pistons beat them...besides they keep saying malone a dirty player[/quote]

Malone is a really dirty player. He does some cheap fouls alot, and the refs never catch it. He's been doing that since his days with the jazz and stockton. Anyways Lakers just loss, but that'll make them even more determine to win. Game 2 is going to be a good game.

Don't get too excited about the Pistons win just yet. Recall that a certain other Larry Brown coached team beat LA in game one of the Finals and went on to lose the next 4.

What is wrong with this game? I'm use to watching the Mavs so I just hate low scoring games.

I think the Pistons will win tonight's game (that means I think Detroit will have won 2 games on the Lakers' court) but the Lakers' will come back and win the series.

[quote name='Wshakspear']its called defense.[/quote]Never heard of that in Dallas. 8)

Nah, they're just on the recieving end of a bunch of gift wrapped psuedo-penalties from the refs.
I'm shocked the Pistons are as close as they are after that half of "Let's help the Lakers" penalty calling.

I swear Shaq is going to have to land on one of the Piston's backs before them start calling him.

[quote name='BigNick']looks like the lakers got the stick out of their asses.[/quote]They're finally able to shoot the ball. :p

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='BigNick']looks like the lakers got the stick out of their asses.[/quote]They're finally able to shoot the ball. :p[/quote]

Well, that is what happens when you put them on the free throw line ALL THE TIME.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='BigNick']looks like the lakers got the stick out of their asses.[/quote]They're finally able to shoot the ball. :p[/quote]

Well, that is what happens when you put them on the free throw line ALL THE TIME.[/quote]

Which means, they got their offense going!

Oh... that's a tactic.. I didn't know that :D !
Use the Laker's mystique and the "superstar calls" to get you in the lead!
BRILLIANT!

[quote name='JSweeney']Oh... that's a tactic.. I didn't know that :D !
Use the Laker's mystique and the "superstar calls" to get you in the lead!
BRILLIANT![/quote]

Thats what I would do! They had no offense in game 1. Walton stepped up big time.

I think Malone is done after this season. He is gonna destroy his knee if he keeps playing.

Random fact: The Finals Theme "Lets get it Started" is done by the Black Eyed Peas...and the original version is "Lets get Retarded". I think its a song about wearing the CC Nintendo shirt.

bread's done
Back