2005 FYE Trade-in Prices LIST HERE *Mods Please Lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaptPete']They've probably got a million Freestyle Street Soccers already! What sucks is that I've got one comming in the mail to me. I guess I'll just add it to my pile of games waiting for another EBGames 2 or 3 for $10 trade-in deal sometime.[/quote]

but those deals don't allow sports games.... :(

Gamecrazy gives $3.50 for the XBOX version, i don't know about the GC

HAs anybody tried trading in the games from the walmart 3 for 10 pack: Covette, Ford Racing and Supertruck racing?

Not sure if the Freestyle Soccer is dead quite yet. I traded in an Xbox and a Gamecube on Tuesday with no problems. Have one more left, will report on it later.

You guys with an FYE suck. Really. I'd kill for one here that had/took games. That'd be so awesome. I definately would not mind trading in some.. lesser popular games and getting a PSP.

You know what REALLY sucks? My TRU had a stack of Sneakers (XBOX). Let's say about 15 or so. $2 after 90% off. If only I had a time machine.

Geez, and I actually want one of those.

There must of been a memo that was sent out, because the second time, the dude kind of half-assed the scan for the UPC...He's a cool guy, so I didn't really question it, he usually never gives me problems and was very apologetic...Maybe this is regional, I'm right outside of philly, but seeing that this happened to someone else, then myself three times makes me think it's over...

[quote name='dserafin1986']There must of been a memo that was sent out, because the second time, the dude kind of half-assed the scan for the UPC...He's a cool guy, so I didn't really question it, he usually never gives me problems and was very apologetic...Maybe this is regional, I'm right outside of philly, but seeing that this happened to someone else, then myself three times makes me think it's over...[/quote]

About what? Could you be more specific please?

About not taking Freestyle Street Soccer, I don't know, again this could have been isolated to these three stores which are in the same mall, but I got a wierd vibe about the whole thing...Like "oh we don't take this"

The guy that denied me was a manager, which I'll admit I should have known better than to try those with him. He looked at the Xbox version very closely and I know he was very suspicious of the game because it was a Blockbuster Exclusive. When he saw the GC version he immediately went back to the Xbox version and gave them back to me saying he's going to pass on them. I was trading in about 10 games and thought he wouldn't notice the two similar titles. Funny thing is is he never even scanned them in to see they were $17, he just didn't like the looks of them. That's fine though...who can blame them. That dude is always there. I love having a FYE close by but damn...I wish they'd have some less anal employees working every other day or so.

Because of the Jax situation (see my post at the end of page 2), I drove 70-something miles down to Daytona to do some trades.

Volusia Mall, Daytona, FL
March 17, '05

PS2 Psi-Ops $7.50
PS2 .hack v4 Quarantine $22.19
XBX Egg-Mania $18
PS2 Max Payne 2 $7.50
XBX Silent Hill 4 $19.50
XBX Urban Freestyle Street Soccer $17
XBX Room Zoom $26
PS2 Serious Sam $9
XBX Room Zoom $26
PS2 Siren $18

And my rejected games:
GCN Freestyle Street Soccer: said game was scratched; I think some that he took looked much worse
XBX Malice: didn't get the reason
XBX Sneakers: $0.01 (maybe they had some in stock already; I didn't check)

Bueno! I've got more than enough to cover my two PSP's after tax (hopefully they can take taxes out of my store credit) and then some; plus I still have some more stuff left to trade in. I'm halfway inclined to aim for another PSP, but I don't think I have enough liquid capital to seed that nor enough places/locations to buy/trade games.

That will really suck if Sneaker's dropped to $0.01 at all stores (though I wouldn't be surprised since I doubt any sold at any FYE for $44.99 used)

Dammit, I sure hope that it didn't drop. I've had a couple games get to me just a couple days too late...right after FYE drops them down to $0.01. Now if they weren't also on the EB exclusion list that wouldn't be so bad... =(

I have gone to 4 different FYE (Jackson, Novi, Ann Arbor and Northville area) and none of them will take Freestyle Street Soccer. I had already traded in six of them, but these stores I had not traded them to, and they will not take them. All because of the Blockbuster sticker on it...

LarryCheapO Posted: March 18, 2005, 3:54 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got
Drake $15
Room Zoom $26
Room Zoom $26
Two sneakers for $0.01

Which FYE was this?!?! Can anyone else confirm Drake back up to $15?

[quote name='jkircos']I have gone to 4 different FYE (Jackson, Novi, Ann Arbor and Northville area) and none of them will take Freestyle Street Soccer. I had already traded in six of them, but these stores I had not traded them to, and they will not take them. All because of the Blockbuster sticker on it...[/quote]

FSS is, arguably, the biggest YMMV game there is when it comes to the FYE trade-in palooza. I've done two already, but those two were after long periods of trying to find the right place to go to. For me, a CAG with his closest FYE 45 minutes away, FSS is just too much of a hassle to bother with. I have one more that'll dump later this week and I'll be done with the game.

In addition, we need confirmation about Sneakers. I've never traded one in personally, but have finally ordered two online, and if it has dropped I'll be royally pissed. Please tell me it's a YMMV thing. Please. For the children.

Oh, and I don't know if this was mentioned, but I'll add it in anyway - I tried trading in a copy of Shadow Ops, which was mint with the manual, and they wouldn't take it because of the lack of a UPC code (the case came without the cover). I wasn't sure if FYE absolutely needed to have the UPC in order to trade in games, so I'll just put the word out there for fellow CAGs who might not know that.

[quote name='Ricochet'][quote name='jkircos']I have gone to 4 different FYE (Jackson, Novi, Ann Arbor and Northville area) and none of them will take Freestyle Street Soccer. I had already traded in six of them, but these stores I had not traded them to, and they will not take them. All because of the Blockbuster sticker on it...[/quote]

FSS is, arguably, the biggest YMMV game there is when it comes to the FYE trade-in palooza. I've done two already, but those two were after long periods of trying to find the right place to go to. For me, a CAG with his closest FYE 45 minutes away, FSS is just too much of a hassle to bother with. I have one more that'll dump later this week and I'll be done with the game.

In addition, we need confirmation about Sneakers. I've never traded one in personally, but have finally ordered two online, and if it has dropped I'll be royally pissed. Please tell me it's a YMMV thing. Please. For the children.

Oh, and I don't know if this was mentioned, but I'll add it in anyway - I tried trading in a copy of Shadow Ops, which was mint with the manual, and they wouldn't take it because of the lack of a UPC code (the case came without the cover). I wasn't sure if FYE absolutely needed to have the UPC in order to trade in games, so I'll just put the word out there for fellow CAGs who might not know that.[/quote]

Yeah FYE is a stickler for game condition. You might want to try printing out your own cover for Shadow Ops www.cdcovers.cc. I worked for me when I couldn't find a cover for Room Zoom, (actually I traded that in at the Wherehouse but they're owned by the same company as FYE)

PS2
Disaster Report $15
R-Type Final $14.99
Siren $18
ESPN MLB 2k5 $7
GCN
Urban Freestyle $17
Haunted Mansion $18
DS
Mario 64 DS $11
FTM $10

Needless to say that I didn't trade in ESPN MLB 2k5 and the 2 DS games.

I have all this credit, yet I am still too much of a CAG to buy Wario Ware: Touched from them at $39.99. :)

FYE denied all 6 of the games I bought from Blockbuster, claiming that they only took games that I purchased new(i.e. I must be the first and only owner of the game). Oh and for the record, this was the FYE in Montclair Plaza, CA and I had 5 FSS(3 for GC, 2 for XB) and Cubix.

Damn it I just seem to have the worst luck with these trade in deals. First none of the EBs in my area do the 3 games for 1 PSP game deal(no one's even heard of it) and now this..

[quote name='doomgaze_86']FYE denied all 6 of the games I bought from Blockbuster, claiming that they only took games that I purchased new(i.e. I must be the first and only owner of the game). Oh and for the record, this was the FYE in Montclair Plaza, CA and I had 5 FSS(3 for GC, 2 for XB) and Cubix.

Damn it I just seem to have the worst luck with these trade in deals. First none of the EBs in my area do the 3 games for 1 PSP game deal(no one's even heard of it) and now this..[/quote]

Thansk for the info, saves me a ton of gas money as I was going to drive there to trade in all the games that the Montebello FYE wouldn't take. Looks like the Montclair FYE is being way too picky. You could also try going to Wherehouse, they seem to have similar trade in prices.

[quote name='doomgaze_86']FYE denied all 6 of the games I bought from Blockbuster, claiming that they only took games that I purchased new(i.e. I must be the first and only owner of the game). Oh and for the record, this was the FYE in Montclair Plaza, CA and I had 5 FSS(3 for GC, 2 for XB) and Cubix.

Damn it I just seem to have the worst luck with these trade in deals. First none of the EBs in my area do the 3 games for 1 PSP game deal(no one's even heard of it) and now this..[/quote]

Your problem is two fold really - the whole blockbuster sticker thing, and the fact that you tried to shovel too much crap, too fast. I personally never trade in more than one copy of the same game at the same time, or in the same day, at the same store. It gets a bit fishy if you try trading in 5 copies of the same title game, even if they are on different platforms.

Hmm interesting.. You think getting rid of the blockbuster sticker might help? I tried to trade in a used Rogue Leader from EBgames.com with a blockbuster sticker on the disc itself and the first time I went, they didn't complain or anything...

Either way I don't really have much stuff to spend my credit on there(their game selection is pretty awful), so it's probably not worth the trouble...

[quote name='Ricochet'][quote name='doomgaze_86']FYE denied all 6 of the games I bought from Blockbuster, claiming that they only took games that I purchased new(i.e. I must be the first and only owner of the game). Oh and for the record, this was the FYE in Montclair Plaza, CA and I had 5 FSS(3 for GC, 2 for XB) and Cubix.

Your problem is two fold really - the whole blockbuster sticker thing, and the fact that you tried to shovel too much crap, too fast. I personally never trade in more than one copy of the same game at the same time, or in the same day, at the same store. It gets a bit fishy if you try trading in 5 copies of the same title game, even if they are on different platforms.[/quote]

I echo that. Too much at one time...and it's crap too. Try going in every 3 days or so....otherwise you'll kill the deal. My Fye is now only allowing the manager to ring games in.

[quote name='doomgaze_86']Hmm interesting.. You think getting rid of the blockbuster sticker might help? I tried to trade in a used Rogue Leader from EBgames.com with a blockbuster sticker on the disc itself and the first time I went, they didn't complain or anything...

Either way I don't really have much stuff to spend my credit on there(their game selection is pretty awful), so it's probably not worth the trouble...[/quote]

Ah, right, well, you'd have us there but it's not really a sticker, per se. There's nothing on the disc itself - it's the cover of the game that has a giant "blockbuster exclusive" picture on it. Call it a stamp, sticker, whatever.

ProTip: You'd save a lot of heartache by investing in a bottle of GooGone and getting those stickers and residue off before you take your used games to trade. Also could do well to DiscDocter your scratched games til the scratches are gone.

Y'know, I just now came to the realization I've been the bearer of bad news in regards to value drops with Drake and Sneakers. Hopefully Sneakers is isolated to my store and that of the other CAG who also encountered the penny-price.

[quote name='dafunkk12']ProTip: You'd save a lot of heartache by investing in a bottle of GooGone and getting those stickers and residue off before you take your used games to trade. Also could do well to DiscDocter your scratched games til the scratches are gone.

Y'know, I just now came to the realization I've been the bearer of bad news in regards to value drops with Drake and Sneakers. Hopefully Sneakers is isolated to my store and that of the other CAG who also encountered the penny-price.[/quote]

I agree with the first statement - I used to use nail polish remover to get rid of the stickers that wouldn't normally come off well (usually those big, red or yellow ACTION or SPORTS stickers on used Gamestop games) until I finally found and invested in a bottle of GooGone. What a saving grace that is. Instead of rubbing remover for fifteen minutes, I just squirt a little and that stuff gets goo off anything.

...That sounded dirty.

As for the the whole Sneakers thing, I stated before that I have a few copies that I've ordered off various websites coming soon. When I get them I'll definately try to trade them in at various FYEs and see if the one cent thing is wide spread.

I went to my local Coconuts (Oak Lawn, IL) yesterday and I finally traded in my store credit for a gift card!! But there is a tactic to it. You cant just say, "Hi, I want to put all my store credit on a gift card" because the only thing you'll get is, "You cant do that." I actually had a store credit slip with exactly $75.00 on it, so I asked the employee, "I'd like to buy a gift card" and he asked how much I want to put on it. I said $75.00, and when he said "That'll be seventy-five dollars", I gave him the store credit slip with $75.00 on it, and he didn't look too thrilled. See, it would be illegal for him to deny the store credit at that point in the transaction - THAT'S how you get your store credit turned into a gift card.
When trying this, make sure that you have a reasonable amount of credit on a slip (for example: "I want to buy a gift card for $53.68" will be looked down upon, but "I want to buy a gift card for $50.00" will be accepted right on the spot). I had a little trouble when I tried to get a gift card with $34.68, but in the end I got two gift cards yesterday. I'm not sure if it matters, but also make sure to give the employee the store credit slip AFTER he/she punches the gift card code into the register.

I'm off to Coconuts.com (FYE.com) where they actually carry good merchandise in stock! Good luck trying this at your local FYEs.

- Devin

I went to my local Coconuts (Oak Lawn, IL) yesterday and I finally traded in my store credit for a gift card!! But there is a tactic to it. You cant just say, "Hi, I want to put all my store credit on a gift card" because the only thing you'll get is, "You cant do that." I actually had a store credit slip with exactly $75.00 on it, so I asked the employee, "I'd like to buy a gift card" and he asked how much I want to put on it. I said $75.00, and when he said "That'll be seventy-five dollars", I gave him the store credit slip with $75.00 on it, and he didn't look too thrilled. See, it would be illegal for him to deny the store credit at that point in the transaction - THAT'S how you get your store credit turned into a gift card.
When trying this, make sure that you have a reasonable amount of credit on a slip (for example: "I want to buy a gift card for $53.68" will be looked down upon, but "I want to buy a gift card for $50.00" will be accepted right on the spot). I had a little trouble when I tried to get a gift card with $34.68, but in the end I got two gift cards yesterday. I'm not sure if it matters, but also make sure to give the employee the store credit slip AFTER he/she punches the gift card code into the register.

I'm off to Coconuts.com (FYE.com) where they actually carry good merchandise in stock! Good luck trying this at your local FYEs.

- Devin

Do you guys think that FYE will have the PSP on launch day? I don't know how good they are about getting games on release dates.

I think they'll have some on launch day. I preordered one there and I was only the fifth person to do so. The psps come 10 in a case so there is a good chance to get one from there.

jkircos Posted: Sat, 03/19/05, 2:23pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys think that FYE will have the PSP on launch day? I don't know how good they are about getting games on release dates

Actually, I stopped by my local 'Coconuts' store to check on my psp preorder. Apparently, they're only getting in enough units to cover those who put a deposit (a whopping total of 2!!!!). To quote the manager, "You're lucky none of my employees wanted one"...filled me with confidence. I was assured that it'd be there on launch. They already had a few games in stock (Spiderman, THPS, NFSU) with a few more coming in on monday (Wipeout, Twisted Metal, etc), so I'm confident that there will be a good selection on thursday at most fye-related locations.
Ironically, despite only getting 2 preorders (!?!?!?!), the store had about 6 copies of each of the released titles.

I was just looking at FYE's trade-in values...and you know what. For the majority of the games listed, I wouldn't buy them for the prices that they are offering to buy it from us, let alone their inflated in-store prices for the dumb consumer. Anyhow, I just that was a funny enough revelation to share with my fellow Fye folk. I just hope that they dont fold before I get rid of these stupid slips.

My FYE store has started making some changes. That or the guy who took my games was being a major arse.

I went and took Sneakers, V-Rally 3, and Unreal II to trade in. He told me they had 5 copies of Sneakers and two copies of Unreal II and he couldn't take them. However it took my V-Rally 3.

The thing about that is..i know i've taken at least 3 copies of V-Rally there already. So why would he take it? Oh well..it rang up for the usual 27 bucks.

It's too bad i couldn't get a check on Sneakers..sorry about that. I guess i'm gonna have to start going to another store..the nearest one is a good 30 to 40 miles away. Fun.

Lets see if any FYE Employees can help me with this one i need the trade in value of
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter(PS2)
Kingdom Hearts(PS2)
Red Faction II(PS2)
This is just to see if whats a better deal, trade in at FYE or one of those trade in 3 for 30 at EB Games

im crossing my fingers that FYE will get the PSP by thursday. i have $215 in credit there, and i really want to get rid of it. i will pay for the rest of the system in cash.

since i have to buy one game from FYE, if its a $40 game, will i have to still pay $299.99

Traded in the following in preparation for God of War this week:

Space Ace DVD: $9
Dragon's Lair 2 DVD: $13
King of Fighters Maximum Impact: $11
Mystic Heroes (PS2): $10
Dynasty Warriors 4 (XB): $10
Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone (XB): $10

Space Ace & Dragon's Lair 2 really surprised me... they were about $2 each used from EB, and EB only offers around .50 trade-in value for them. I was quite happy to get $22 for them. :D

Went to Wherehouse Music today and traded-in:

Battle Engine Aquila $18.50
Motor Trend Lotus Challenge $18
Disaster Report $8.50 (Kept it and took it to FYE for $18)

I'm getting my GF to go to the FYE near our home later this afternnon with about 5 more games. I'll post the other trade-in prices when she gets back. Man I love her for doing stuff like this for me. It keeps me from having to do all this trading myself. It also helps to keep the "heat" off.

Just an FYI, the 299.99 psp 'value pack' that FYE's been advertising in store consists of the $249 sony deal plus your choice of one of 5 PRESELECTED games (Twisted Metal, THPS, NFSU, Gretzky, or MLB). According to the internal memo I saw at my local Coconuts, this bundling is MANDATORY (although, for the cheapasses, the 'Twisted Metal Value Pack was listed as $289). Up until today, I was led to believe that I could choose any game I wanted....grrr. Doesn't look like they're carrying Lumines either.

[quote name='paradoxikus']Just an FYI, the 299.99 psp 'value pack' that FYE's been advertising in store consists of the $249 sony deal plus your choice of one of 5 PRESELECTED games (Twisted Metal, THPS, NFSU, Gretzky, or MLB). According to the internal memo I saw at my local Coconuts, this bundling is MANDATORY (although, for the cheapasses, the 'Twisted Metal Value Pack was listed as $289). Up until today, I was led to believe that I could choose any game I wanted....grrr. Doesn't look like they're carrying Lumines either.[/quote]

thanks for the info. ill be buying twisted metal from them. im happy, because ive already bought THUG 2, and i have no interest in the other games

[quote name='paradoxikus']Just an FYI, the 299.99 psp 'value pack' that FYE's been advertising in store consists of the $249 sony deal plus your choice of one of 5 PRESELECTED games (Twisted Metal, THPS, NFSU, Gretzky, or MLB). According to the internal memo I saw at my local Coconuts, this bundling is MANDATORY (although, for the cheapasses, the 'Twisted Metal Value Pack was listed as $289). Up until today, I was led to believe that I could choose any game I wanted....grrr. Doesn't look like they're carrying Lumines either.[/quote]

thanks for the info. ill be buying twisted metal from them. im happy, because ive already bought THUG 2, and i have no interest in the other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back