2005 FYE Trade-in Prices LIST HERE *Mods Please Lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I went into Wherehouse today and used my FYE credit to buy a PS2 Slim, which is the only thing in the store which is not overpriced. When I bought it they gave me some BS about not being able to use store credit on systems, but they gave it to me anyway. Just a heads up for anyone who is planning on using their credit to buy a system.

[quote name='ofacto']Ok I went into Wherehouse today and used my FYE credit to buy a PS2 Slim, which is the only thing in the store which is not overpriced. When I bought it they gave me some BS about not being able to use store credit on systems, but they gave it to me anyway. Just a heads up for anyone who is planning on using their credit to buy a system.[/quote]

You have got to be kidding me. I hope that this is an isolated experience.

[quote name='paradoxikus']Just an FYI, the 299.99 psp 'value pack' that FYE's been advertising in store consists of the $249 sony deal plus your choice of one of 5 PRESELECTED games (Twisted Metal, THPS, NFSU, Gretzky, or MLB). According to the internal memo I saw at my local Coconuts, this bundling is MANDATORY (although, for the cheapasses, the 'Twisted Metal Value Pack was listed as $289). Up until today, I was led to believe that I could choose any game I wanted....grrr. Doesn't look like they're carrying Lumines either.[/quote]

I preordered Lumines and Mercury. Mercury was pushed back to April. I'll get PSP + Luminies for $289.00. So nice people are working at my FYE. :)

Shadow Ops $22.19
Motor Trend $18.50
Motor Trend $18.50
Mad Maestro $7.50
Sega Soccer Slam $17

I think now I finally have enough credit to pay off my PSP and get SC:CT.

[quote name='ofacto']Ok I went into Wherehouse today and used my FYE credit to buy a PS2 Slim, which is the only thing in the store which is not overpriced. When I bought it they gave me some BS about not being able to use store credit on systems, but they gave it to me anyway. Just a heads up for anyone who is planning on using their credit to buy a system.[/quote]

How freakin stupid can employees be? Store credit is store credit, you can buy whatever the hell your heart desires with it. I would laugh in their faces if they ever told me that crap like that.

Damn. I took a Sneakers in this morning to check out and the guy rejected it without scanning it because there was a ``scratch that's too big'' on the disc. He's always seemed annoyed at doing trade-ins though, so it's not too suprising.

Anyway, this is what I got for trade-in credit this morning (03/24/2005):

XB Motor Trend Lotus Challenge- $15
PS2 Auto Modellista - $7.50
XB Catwoman - $9
PS2 Stunt GP - $4

I also tried Primal and was refused. The guy just said that the `computer didn't like it'', but it had a bunch of sticker goo over the UPC, so I'm not sure if it actually came up as $0.01 or he just couldn't scan it.

I ended up buying Champions of Norrath for the PS2 for $16.99 with a $10 rebate. Well, at least the rebate was marked on the shelf, but he didn't give me one and t don't see it online anywhere. Dammit. That one will just have to go back then...

Dumped a lot of crap today. The usual prices for the usual things, but I had trouble with two games: Malice and Dinotopia. The first FYE had a few Malice's already in stock so they wouldn't accept the game, but what's interesting is that the second FYE wouldn't take it because, and I quote, "The UPC is shut off because there have been problems with that game. A bunch of people have been trading it in lately." Not sure if this is a YMMV thing, or what have you, but I always knew that you had to tell the employee working to manually punch in Malice. We'll see what happens.

As for Dinotopia, the one I bought came with some scratches. Cleaned it up the best I could, but neither FYE would accept it. The second offered to sell me a scratch remover thing for a dollar, so I bought it but it hasn't really done anything. Can anyone suggest a good utility that'll remove mid-grade scratches?

I'm starting to believe more and more that the days of Sneakers have finally come to an end. :cry:

For the second time i was rejected at my FYE trying to trade it in. When the girl rang it up, she looked at the screen and said I can't take this. This either means that my store has more than 5 and they're finally onto it or that the system has gotten rid of Sneakers. Could someone verify this before i take my two copies to EB so i can get around 4 dollars for them :x

Well anyway:

NCAA March Madness 2005(Xbox)- 21
ESPN NHL Hockey 2k4(Xbox)- 15
Unreal II-18
Space Channel 5(PS2)- 12
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II- 4

After a bad day of driving around and calling various Orlando location FYE's, I finally traded in the last of my stack. The experiences I've had with the two people I had do the trade-ins for me were really great and they didn't seem to mind at all about me trading in so many games at once; I'd even say they were quite peppy!

Without further ado...
3/23/05 Mall at Milennia, Orlando, FL:
XBX Malice $27
XBX Malice $27
XBX Freestyle Street Soccer $17
XBX Room Zoom $26
XBX IHRA Motorsports 2004 $7.50
XBX Triggerman $9.75
XBX Silent Hill 4 $19.50
XBX Silent Hill 4 $19.50
PS2 Shadow Man 2 $4
PS2 Siren $18
PS2 Siren $18
PS2 Culdcept $17
GCN Freestyle Street Socceer $17

All said and done, I'm only around $6 short from having enough credit to cover three PSPs even after tax (if I'm somehow not forced to get a game bundle or can return the game).

Yesterday at Wherehouse Music:

Motor Trend 18.50
Kingdom under Fire 19.50

I'm hoping to trade in another copy of KUF at FYE in the next week or so to see if the trade-in value is the same there.

Traded usual suspects today :D

FreeStyle SUcker $17
Primal $10
ClockTower 3 $7.50

Got PSP bundle. I was the only one, who preordered it :rofl:

[quote name='masha']Traded usual suspects today :D

FreeStyle SUcker $17
Primal $10
ClockTower 3 $7.50

Got PSP bundle. I was the only one, who preordered it :rofl:[/quote]

Me too. When the guy behind the counter pulled mine out I saw like 6 or 7 more in the cabinet. That's when the wheels started turning in my head. Hopefully I'll have another PSP within 2-3 weeks. :wink:

For those who bought a PSP bundle it rings up at $250 for the system and $50 for the game(i got spiderman 2,which i don't want). The lady told me i can bring the game back as long as it is still sealed and get the $50+ back in store credit.

Also there were a handfull of games like wipeout pure that have a $10-$15 mail in rebate.

When I bought the Twisted Metal Value Pack with PSP, the manager screwed me because they took the deposit amount out of the cost of the game...so my game cost me something like $13.xx. It doesn't look like that I can return my game, but Twisted Metal is a good game so it's not that bad of a screwjob. Still I'd rather buy the game elsewhere.

[quote name='captaincold']For those who bought a PSP bundle it rings up at $250 for the system and $50 for the game(i got spiderman 2,which i don't want). The lady told me i can bring the game back as long as it is still sealed and get the $50+ back in store credit.[/quote]

Hmm... I may have to try that. I almost got screwed out of my PSP/game reciept because I had some store credit `franked' on it that I used to buy two more games. She was just going to take it! Anyway, It clearly shows the PSP and game as separate items.

Also there were a handfull of games like wipeout pure that have a $10-$15 mail in rebate.

OK, the big question. WIll FYE take the sticker off the front of the game (that has the UPC code on it), instead of you cutting up the box insert? Or do people just make color copies of the insert and send that in? I really don't want to cut my insert up, but I did make sure to get copies with the sticker on the front.

I went in today and noticed a new flyer advertising some psp games for $39.99. Included on the flyer were Tiger Woods, Need For Speed Underground, MVP and I believe some other $49.99 games such as NFL Street 2. I picked up Need for Speed in-store for $39.99. Not too bad with credit.

Oh, and I finally saw Sneakers scan at $0.01. At least Rhino Video Games will give $8 for it. All I ask is that I get back more than I paid. =) (ok, but it's much nicer when I get MUCH more back than I paid...)

[quote name='CaptPete'][quote name='captaincold']For those who bought a PSP bundle it rings up at $250 for the system and $50 for the game(i got spiderman 2,which i don't want). The lady told me i can bring the game back as long as it is still sealed and get the $50+ back in store credit.[/quote]

Hmm... I may have to try that. I almost got screwed out of my PSP/game reciept because I had some store credit `franked' on it that I used to buy two more games. She was just going to take it! Anyway, It clearly shows the PSP and game as separate items.

OK, the big question. WIll FYE take the sticker off the front of the game (that has the UPC code on it), instead of you cutting up the box insert? Or do people just make color copies of the insert and send that in? I really don't want to cut my insert up, but I did make sure to get copies with the sticker on the front.[/quote]
which FYE was that?
which location?

[quote name='Rubberlegs'][quote name='masha']Traded usual suspects today :D

FreeStyle SUcker $17
Primal $10
ClockTower 3 $7.50

Got PSP bundle. I was the only one, who preordered it :rofl:[/quote]

Me too. When the guy behind the counter pulled mine out I saw like 6 or 7 more in the cabinet. That's when the wheels started turning in my head. Hopefully I'll have another PSP within 2-3 weeks. :wink:[/quote]

I went there straight after my class let out, so I estimate I arrived only a half hour after they opened. Aside from my two preordered systems, I only saw one other with a slip on it. Hopefully after I talk with the manager (as I was advised), I'll be able to return the two bundled games and pick up a third with my remaining credit.

[quote name='masha']Anyone got Luminies from FYE ? I'm stuck listening to the music and watching Spiderman 2 :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nope. I haven't seen it at a FYE yet. I was quite happy to get Need for Speed Underground Rivals for $39.99 though (was able to exchange out the copy of Twisted Metal they bundled me with).

[quote name='CaptPete']Nope. I haven't seen it at a FYE yet. I was quite happy to get Need for Speed Underground Rivals for $39.99 though (was able to exchange out the copy of Twisted Metal they bundled me with).[/QUOTE]

I had to grab Need for Speed Underground Rivals and returned it for a full credit right away. Luminies is on order. I was told Monday or Tuesday.

Here's something to watch out for. I went back to FYE on Friday to see the manager (as I was advised by the clerk who rang me out for my PSP's) to ask if I could return the games they made me get with the bundle. Along with denying me the ability to do so, he also informed me I was under investigation in Daytona and Orlando. I think they're just angry about how suspicious it is that I traded in so many games at a time that are worth so much at so many FYE's. Though across the various credit receipts you can see that there are several of some games, I never actually traded in more than two copies of a game at a time. And if you're not familiar with the Florida laws, they require you to fill out a pawn-shop-esque form with various bits of background and biographical information along with signing something that says that the items are in fact your's to sell (as opposed to having stolen them and dumped them off). Several stores weren't accepting game trade-in's for some reason or another related to these law changes, which is why I ran around so much. I was on Spring Break in Jax, where none of the stores were doing game "buy-backs," which is why I made the trek to Daytona.

My best guess about why I'm being investigated (as I wasn't told why nor asked) is to see if any of the games I traded in were stolen; which I can quickly shoot down because I have nearly all of my receipts for the purchase of those games. And if it's about running around to so many different stores, I don't see what's wrong about that. And if it's anything about the actual games or quantity thereof, they should have stopped me during the trade-in process. We'll see how this pans out.

As bad as it is to even be put in this position, I'm actually kinda ancticipating going through some sort of arbitration. I was the star student in my Law Studies class in 7th grade, the Personology book I have says people with my birthday tend to be good lawyers, and despite not taking any other law or debate classes since 7th grade, my one teacher asked me if I was a law major and pointed out that I had signs of natural talent.

[quote name='salmonaxxx']Does FYE accept games without manuals? It seems like they're the strictest when it comes to trade-in condition...[/QUOTE]Definately not. You're right about them being very strict.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Here's something to watch out for. I went back to FYE on Friday to see the manager (as I was advised by the clerk who rang me out for my PSP's) to ask if I could return the games they made me get with the bundle. Along with denying me the ability to do so, he also informed me I was under investigation in Daytona and Orlando. I think they're just angry about how suspicious it is that I traded in so many games at a time that are worth so much at so many FYE's. Though across the various credit receipts you can see that there are several of some games, I never actually traded in more than two copies of a game at a time. And if you're not familiar with the Florida laws, they require you to fill out a pawn-shop-esque form with various bits of background and biographical information along with signing something that says that the items are in fact your's to sell (as opposed to having stolen them and dumped them off). Several stores weren't accepting game trade-in's for some reason or another related to these law changes, which is why I ran around so much. I was on Spring Break in Jax, where none of the stores were doing game "buy-backs," which is why I made the trek to Daytona.

My best guess about why I'm being investigated (as I wasn't told why nor asked) is to see if any of the games I traded in were stolen; which I can quickly shoot down because I have nearly all of my receipts for the purchase of those games. And if it's about running around to so many different stores, I don't see what's wrong about that. And if it's anything about the actual games or quantity thereof, they should have stopped me during the trade-in process. We'll see how this pans out.

As bad as it is to even be put in this position, I'm actually kinda ancticipating going through some sort of arbitration. I was the star student in my Law Studies class in 7th grade, the Personology book I have says people with my birthday tend to be good lawyers, and despite not taking any other law or debate classes since 7th grade, my one teacher asked me if I was a law major and pointed out that I had signs of natural talent.[/QUOTE]

It's baloney. You legally had the games and they agreed to buy them from you, end of story. If it's anyone's fault that you got high credit values it's theirs. Everything was a legal transaction. If they didn't want the games for those prices, they could have refused to buy them from you.

[quote name='salmonaxxx']Does FYE accept games without manuals? It seems like they're the strictest when it comes to trade-in condition...[/QUOTE]

every single FYE ive been to (5) requires the manuals.. and i agree about them being strict with condition. I had a manager explain that if there is a scratch that "leaves a shadow when tilted" then they will deny the game becuase of "data loss." Some employees are more forgiving than others though...

It is preferable that your don't go into a FYE with your games sealed. They are pretty jumpy about buying stolen goods. Like that would ever happen there as opposed to on a more open market.

[quote name='Superstar']Does anyone have the trade in value for halo and halo 2? Halo 2 is sealed. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

http://www.wherehouse.com/games/sell-product-detail.jsp?id=2474241

check here, it'll sell for 23.00, it seems. search for the game ur looking for in the search box, click on the link, and there's a "sell" value listed.

you can also check the long list for other games. should work since the value of room zoom is the correct 26.00 since fye and wherehouse are the same. check it yo!

here's the long trade in value list!
http://www.wherehouse.com/games/trade-ins.jsp

by the way, trade ins need to have manuals, the outside cover/sheet, basically...it has to be like everything that came with the game when it was new...

[quote name='mentos888']http://www.wherehouse.com/games/sell-product-detail.jsp?id=2474241

check here, it'll sell for 23.00, it seems. search for the game ur looking for in the search box, click on the link, and there's a "sell" value listed.

you can also check the long list for other games. should work since the value of room zoom is the correct 26.00 since fye and wherehouse are the same. check it yo!

by the way, trade ins need to have manuals, the outside cover/sheet, basically...it has to be like everything that came with the game when it was new...[/QUOTE]Wow, that is awesome that you provided that link to trade-in values. That'll save a lot of questions asked! The mod should put it in the first post of this thread.

Awesome..i didn't know the Wherehouse listings were back. That makes things alot easier. They must have just came back because i checked last week and nothing was there.

that trade in values list was quite a surprise to me too! i didn't know they existed or were even back up. heh. guess its worth checking back every now and then. i'm glad it helped a lot of ya' :bouncy:

I don't think that I'll ever quite understand their trade-in values.

$26 for some crappy Xbox title like Room Zoom, but $19 for Tekken 5? Or better yet, $19 for Jade Empire, which isn't even out yet?

[quote name='mentos888']http://www.wherehouse.com/games/sell-product-detail.jsp?id=2474241

by the way, trade ins need to have manuals, the outside cover/sheet, basically...it has to be like everything that came with the game when it was new...[/QUOTE]

Something to keep in mind, according to this list:

Outrun2 gets 19.50 (recently 10 dollars at Kmart)
Silent Hill 4 gets 19.50 (on sale for 7-12 dollars)
Blinx 2 gets 20.99 (was 10 at kmart)
Kingdom Under Fire gets 19.50 (was on sale at Sears)
Rumble Roses gets 20.99 (on sale at Kmart)
Bloodrayne gets 24 (was 15 at kmart)
Street Racing Syndicate gets 24

Meaning... these arent exactly Room Zoom, but they're games that have been on sale recently and will probably be on sale again. Easy ways to double your credit. Can anyone vouch for these trade in values?

Blinx 2 definetely gets $20.99. I unloaded a couple I got for $10 from the overstock.com sale a week back.

Siren seems to have shot back up to $19.99 at EB now though. =(

Ok, I take that back...Siren is back at $9.99 again. I really wish that EB would stop screwing around with prices like that. Then again, it would be nice if Rygar came back down to $2.99 again. =)

[quote name='CaptPete']I don't think that I'll ever quite understand their trade-in values.

$26 for some crappy Xbox title like Room Zoom, but $19 for Tekken 5? Or better yet, $19 for Jade Empire, which isn't even out yet?[/QUOTE]I'm guessing it may have something to do with the commonality of the title. THose mainstream games would have hundreds of thousands of copies floating around, while the el-cheapo games might only have a couple ten thousand copies made. Economics says low supply = high demand. And high demand means they can charge more. Or so that's the theory... :roll:

Went in today to unload... got denied for Freestyle Street Soccer. I had to go through a manager, which was bad news. I noticed that there were more than one FSS's there, and talked to the guy, and got this:

"Can't take it.... i dont know why we have so many of these things, we have like 6 or 7. Does blockbuster give these out or something?"

I assured him that I paid for it legally... but did not tell him how much I paid for it. Unfortunately, this might be it for my big trade-in deals. They also did not take Blinx or R:Racing because they had too many. I would think they got a bunch of R:Racing from the TRU sale.

On the plus side, I traded Second Sight for 14, so the wherehouse.com used price thing works out. Blinx also got 7.50.

haha i wonder how many FSS's this chain owns right now. Whats more, i wonder how many they have been able to sell nationwide. I know I have added about 10 to their stockpile.

The same could be thought about Sneakers, Motor Trend and Room Zoom. I don't think anyone is ever going to buy any of those games at those prices. Sneakers didn't sell until it was marked down to $2 at TRU, Motor Trend doesn't even sell for over $10 sealed on EBay and Room Zoom sells for about the same. They should have gotten the idea that their trade in values are just too high but I guess they still don't understand (which is of course great for everyone in this thread).

Not only have I never seen a used game sold at FYE (they still have all the games I traded in 6 months ago), I have never seen anyone buy any new game either. The stores always seem crowded but it seems like people only buy DVD's and CD's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back