2005 FYE Trade-in Prices LIST HERE *Mods Please Lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wherehouse says the Xbox version can't be traded in and the PS2 version (i didn't know there was a PS2 version...different box art too) gets $11.00

My FYE (Woodbridge Center Mall, NJ) rejected my final copy of GC Freestyle Street Soccer this afternoon. The guy was like, "I don't think we accept this game anymore", and checked the computer. "Yeah, we already have two of them..." (The ones I traded in already! :roll: :)) "My manager will get mad if I accept this."

2 copies of a game seems like a low tolerance, but oh well. I'll have my sister take it back to the FYE near her.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Any see how much Power Drome ($5 at CC) gets? They wouldn't let me trade it (something about being over the limit in trade ins. I thin k it's because all five of my games were getting $18+),[/QUOTE]

Someone posted in the $1.99 CC thread that Power Drome trades for $11. I'm going to try out 2 copies within the next few days. One at FYE and the other at Wherehouse.

[quote name='arkast3000']My FYE (Woodbridge Center Mall, NJ) rejected my final copy of GC Freestyle Street Soccer this afternoon. The guy was like, "I don't think we accept this game anymore", and checked the computer. "Yeah, we already have two of them..." (The ones I traded in already! :roll: :)) "My manager will get mad if I accept this."

2 copies of a game seems like a low tolerance, but oh well. I'll have my sister take it back to the FYE near her.[/QUOTE]

Be glad they accepted two. Some FYE stores will reject any game they already have one of, probably because their prices are so fucked up that noone buys most used games they have for sale.

In regards to trading in dupe games to wherehouse:

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

This policy is generally enforced on a per-order basis. However, I would
suggest that you give some time between orders if you will be selling
duplicate titles.

Please contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Moira
Customer Service
www.wherehouse.com

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
I read in your FAQ section that only one of a particular title can be
traded in, is this one per transaction or one per customer period. I am
asking cause i do some trading and have 2 copies of some titles. Thanx
in advance.

Wow I had no idea that the policy was that you could send Wherehouse more than 1 copy as long as they are on seperate orders. Thanks for asking them that, I think that will help out a lot of people knowning that you aren't limited to 1 copy total forever.

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but in Orlando they make you fill out a police report and get fingerprinted each time u do a trade in. I remember the store manager was being a bitch and said they don't do trade-ins for videogames. After persistence she was like okay but you will have to wait and treated me as if I was a pain in her ass. Then I go thru this whole bullshit process of filling out a form that pawn brokers use. Has this happened to anyone else, especially in FL?

I think it's a law in FL. I have never had that happen to me when trading in games but I'm not in FL. Unless it is my first time trading games in the store I go to, all they do is ask for my phone number and look up my information.

[quote name='KingNES']In regards to trading in dupe games to wherehouse:

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

This policy is generally enforced on a per-order basis. However, I would
suggest that you give some time between orders if you will be selling
duplicate titles.

Please contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Moira
Customer Service
www.wherehouse.com

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
I read in your FAQ section that only one of a particular title can be
traded in, is this one per transaction or one per customer period. I am
asking cause i do some trading and have 2 copies of some titles. Thanx
in advance.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man! I asked them and they never responded. Good to know.

[quote name='GundamFan']I don't know if this happens to anyone else but in Orlando they make you fill out a police report and get fingerprinted each time u do a trade in. I remember the store manager was being a bitch and said they don't do trade-ins for videogames. After persistence she was like okay but you will have to wait and treated me as if I was a pain in her ass. Then I go thru this whole bullshit process of filling out a form that pawn brokers use. Has this happened to anyone else, especially in FL?[/QUOTE]

Wow, fingerprinted and all?! I'm glad I don't live in Florida. That's BS. I mean, here in VA they ask for your driver's license and all, and I understand it's the law in case you were selling them stolen goods. But fingerprinting you like you're a criminal or something?

I think it's a relatively new law in Florida...when I used to live in Orlando, I never had to do all that crap to trade in at EB. Here in NY, you only have to show them your license once...after that you just give a name, phone number, and sign a receipt. Much easier :)

[quote name='GundamFan']I don't know if this happens to anyone else but in Orlando they make you fill out a police report and get fingerprinted each time u do a trade in. I remember the store manager was being a bitch and said they don't do trade-ins for videogames. After persistence she was like okay but you will have to wait and treated me as if I was a pain in her ass. Then I go thru this whole bullshit process of filling out a form that pawn brokers use. Has this happened to anyone else, especially in FL?[/QUOTE]

Do they handcuff you and book you just in case too? He he he, seriously though.. That is just wrong. If you want to trade your games you have to take fingerprints?! What the f||ck is wrong with FLorida!?..what the f||ck is not....

lol no they were opened. Itz funny how i ask them to only check what the trade in value of games are and they go thru this whole inspection, looking at every square inch of the discs. I mean I'm not complaining about quality control, but FYE takes it a little too far. The bitch even told me next time I better clean my discs. I was like wtf I keep my games in pristine condition. I don't know what the hell you were seeing lady.

I got
$6.50 for Pulse Racer (initially didn't ring up at one store
$7.50 for XIII (ps2, 'low price' at best buy after coupon)
La Pucelle was $22.xx
Space Channel 5 is still $12 ($5 new at EB, $3 and under at Target)
Primal is still $10.

Drome Racer (or whatever that $5 CC game was) wouldn't ring up in the system at three different stores. One guy even took a used copy of the game and scanned the fye store barcode on it, it still wasn't ringing up.

I used my credit to pick up a sealed Dragon Warrior III on Gameboy for $14.99.

It's a FL law now. It basically prevents people from trading in stolen merchandise.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']

Drome Racer (or whatever that $5 CC game was) wouldn't ring up in the system at three different stores. One guy even took a used copy of the game and scanned the fye store barcode on it, it still wasn't ringing up.
[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Powerdrome or Drome Racers? (I figured you meant Powerdrome but since Drome Racers was part of the $5 CC summer sale). If it was Drome Racers, it was getting $8.50 before (if this case of it not being in the system was an isolated cse)

wrong forum but I saw on the EB website that you can trade in 5 PO games for GTA for PSP. Not as good as the 3 for 1 but GTA should be a good game.

Thanks for the clarification about Powerdrome. Since it sounds like FYE in store won't take it, I just decided to trade it into Wherehouse.com

Has anyone ever sent an Xbox Malice into Wherehouse.com? The one listed at $27 has a different UPC code, which makes me a little nervous.

Which store was that? I've been able to trade at Fashion Square, Mall at Milennia, and used to be able to at the Oviedo Marketplace. I damn near every mall in Orlando and usually hear that they don't do game trades anymore because of the law change. Judging from the PM you sent me a long time back, I'm guessing it was the Fashion Square location you're talking about. I think I only actually got to trade in once, and it was with a teenage guy who seemed pretty lax and told me how he always trades in "crap DVD's" he has. The two people (adults) I've dealt with at Mall at Millennia have been nothing but courteous and upbeat, and I've traded several duplicates and 10+ games at a time there.

Also, if you haven't been following the thread, when I came in to ask if I could return the two games I was forced to get when picking up my PSP preorder, the manager told me I was under investigation in Daytona (where I also went one boring day) and Orlando. He didn't tell me why, and I neglected to ask why. I went in about a week later to ask about it, but the manager at that time hadn't heard about me at all. Now three weeks later, still no phone calls or anything. Something's rotten in the state of Denmark.

Oh, and BTW, I've also had to fill out those forms when trading now at EB and GameRush. Fortunately they use actual fingerprinting ink that comes off no problem.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Thanks for the clarification about Powerdrome. Since it sounds like FYE in store won't take it, I just decided to trade it into Wherehouse.com[/QUOTE]

I traded one powerdrome for $11 at FYE. Same value at coconuts(another transworld? store), but they also offered me $8.80, so stupid me just took the cash (regret it since ill probably buy stuff at FYE/coconuts anyway).

(bought 2 all together and got $11 credit and $8.80 cash)

Not a great day at FYE today. I finally tried to trade in Freestyle Soccer (xbox) with green case, manual, and original cover artwork and CD in excellent condition, and was denied. The guy ringing it up said to hold on a second. He then asks his manager something, and comes back with, "Unfortunately we can't take this game since it's a BB exclusive." He said he talked to the manager and she said no. I then ask her why not, and she gives me some bs like, "The PR (or MR or something like that) wouldn't be happy to see a BB exclusive on the shelf." I then explained to her that it rang up in the system. She said that even if it rings up in the system, that it is the manager's discretion to take a game or not. :(
I also looked around for some .01cent games listed on pag 1 and not 1 of them was a penny. All rang up what they were marked.

[quote name='dman1869']I also looked around for some .01cent games listed on pag 1 and not 1 of them was a penny. All rang up what they were marked.[/QUOTE]
I think you got the wrong impression. What the $0.01 games meant was that those games sometimes were quoted as having a value of a penny, and thus rejected from being able to be traded in.

[quote name='dafunkk12']I think you got the wrong impression. What the $0.01 games meant was that those games sometimes were quoted as having a value of a penny, and thus rejected from being able to be traded in.[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay. That sucks either way.

[quote name='dman1869']Oh, okay. That sucks either way.[/QUOTE]

Really. I bought two Sneakers thinking I would buy Doom 3... Ended up with two cents. For once they actually value crap AS crap. :roll:

Traded in a whole stack of stuff yesterday ($172 worth ;) ), including two copies of Egg Mania (Xbox version; $18) and some $1.99 CC games (Cat in the Hat comes up at $9, just like on wherehouse.com)... picked up Jade Empire :)

I wanted to trade in a copy of Xbox Malice, and I got the (apparently) usual response that it wasn't in the system--I suggested searching for it by name, and it didn't come up (supposedly--could have been a BSing employee)... is there a better way to search for the game? Might want to help the employee along.... ;)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Traded in a whole stack of stuff yesterday ($172 worth ;) ), including two copies of Egg Mania (Xbox version; $18) and some $1.99 CC games (Cat in the Hat comes up at $9, just like on wherehouse.com)... picked up Jade Empire :)

I wanted to trade in a copy of Xbox Malice, and I got the (apparently) usual response that it wasn't in the system--I suggested searching for it by name, and it didn't come up (supposedly--could have been a BSing employee)... is there a better way to search for the game? Might want to help the employee along.... ;)[/QUOTE]

IF you check out the wherehouse website there are two versions of XBOX malice, they have slightly different covers and different UPCs. One of the them (the one that's on sale at gamestop for $9.99) will not be accepted, the other gets $26.00 bucks. You probably have the version that's not accepted.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48171

$10 coupon on your reciept if you buy $30 or more (just like last november). You can trade in $30 worth of games and get it too. Alas, the cashier removed it mine.[/QUOTE]

I only traded in $28.50 worth of stuff and got one, so maybe it's on all the receipts and they check to see if you bought $30 or more? Thought I'd mention it so people don't get excited only to be sorely dissapointed.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48171

$10 coupon on your reciept if you buy $30 or more (just like last november). You can trade in $30 worth of games and get it too. Alas, the cashier removed it mine.[/QUOTE]

You said on the other thread, doesn't work at strawberries. Has anyone tried it at a local Wherehouse? The people at my FYE are Sons a Biatches, so I don't go there anymore. The people at my Wherehouse are very cool though.

NBA Inside Drive 2003 - $1.00
Mojo (Xbox) - $8.50
Mafia (Xbox - $14.99
Room Zoom - $26, the manager checked the value on 2 registers because he was shocked to see it got $26 but luckily didn't question it or refuse to accept it.

Malice was REJECTED because it didn't scan (the jerk refused to search for it) and Dinotopia got $24 (Xbox). On the side, I can't find Jade Empire in either version anywhere; tried four FYE stores and a Coconuts. Anyone else have any luck finding this?

super--I bought a copy of Jade Empire from FYE during my recent trip there (on Thursday); they only had two copies of it in stock, however, so it could be that most stores just didn't get many copies in...

[quote name='wampa8jedi']super--I bought a copy of Jade Empire from FYE during my recent trip there (on Thursday); they only had two copies of it in stock, however, so it could be that most stores just didn't get many copies in...[/QUOTE]

Crap. I probably went in a day too late and someone else already bought them all up! Though it seems odd that this would happen at five seperate stores. They're obviously hiding it from me; I'll keep calling until they give me one. :evil: Thanks wampa!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']For PS2? It looks like it dropped to $18.50.[/QUOTE]

yea... thanks =)

Got it for $14 at TRU, 4.50 profit isn't too shabby.

I didn't want to mention this, but I too hadn't read Wherehouse.com's trade-in FAQ before mailing my first submission to them. I had sent them two $4.99 PS2 Timesplitters (from ebgames.com's sale a while back) fully expecting to lose the possession and credit of one of them (after learning here what I should've known already)...

Well, that did happen. They rejected the one copy, claiming it was too scratched. I figured that was just a diplomatic way of not accepting a duplicate, but then...

I get the rejected copy of Timesplitters back in the mail today!
:shock::shock::shock:

What, did they change their policy? Did they spare the n00b because it was my first time? What's going on!?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Custom Robo and 1080 have reported to ring up at $7.99 each at EB B&M. You can pick them both up for $16+tax and flip it at fye for $36.[/QUOTE]

I like that you said "flip it". That's what I always tell my GF that I'm doing when I buy low and trade high. Sometimes it's better to flip VG's instead of drugs. I've been on both sides of the fence.

Today at FYE:

Room Zoom $26
Shadow Ops $22.19
FF Crystal Chronicles $22.19
Manhunt $15
Mojo $7.50

[quote name='arkast3000']I didn't want to mention this, but I too hadn't read Wherehouse.com's trade-in FAQ before mailing my first submission to them. I had sent them two $4.99 PS2 Timesplitters (from ebgames.com's sale a while back) fully expecting to lose the possession and credit of one of them (after learning here what I should've known already)...

Well, that did happen. They rejected the one copy, claiming it was too scratched. I figured that was just a diplomatic way of not accepting a duplicate, but then...

I get the rejected copy of Timesplitters back in the mail today!
:shock::shock::shock:

What, did they change their policy? Did they spare the n00b because it was my first time? What's going on!?[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! I wonder if that is a policy change... Also, how bad did the one they rejected look? I've been tormenting myself as to whether small surface scuffing counts as bringing down the quality; do they reject it if it's anything less than perfect, or is there some leniency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back