2006 Super Bowl Champions Pittsburgh Steelers AKA Official NFL Discussion Thread #4

[quote name='DJSteel']http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lionroar88/detail?.dir=/b254&.dnm=c065re2.jpg&.src=ph

here are some pics on some of the occurances from the SB XL... you decide what is right and wrong...[/QUOTE]

Umm...so you post a guy who only shows pictures of negative things about Seattle, including some pictures that are misleading. LIke the ones where Hassleback got called for a penalty tackling the ball carrier after his pic but the photos zoom in on a Seattle guy pushing a Pittsburgh guy out of the way. Which, by the way, is not illegal since that guy was impeding his path to the ballcarrier. It's not a block in the back if the guy isn't blocking ;)

[quote name='DJSteel']http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lionroar88/detail?.dir=/b254&.dnm=c065re2.jpg&.src=ph

here are some pics on some of the occurances from the SB XL... you decide what is right and wrong...[/QUOTE]

Those pics leave out the one Stevens drop that should have been a fumble, or the mysterious offensive pass interference on Heath Miller during a screen play, or the dropped pick Hasselbeck threw in the 1st quarter, or the botched clock management, or the punts in the endzone, or any of the other 58 minutes of the football game that together determine the outcome.

I didn't know the 12th man was a crybaby...

[quote name='greendj27']Umm...so you post a guy who only shows pictures of negative things about Seattle, including some pictures that are misleading. LIke the ones where Hassleback got called for a penalty tackling the ball carrier after his pic but the photos zoom in on a Seattle guy pushing a Pittsburgh guy out of the way. Which, by the way, is not illegal since that guy was impeding his path to the ballcarrier. It's not a block in the back if the guy isn't blocking ;)[/QUOTE]

actually I'm proving that not all the calls went Pgh's way...The Hasselbeck call is judgemental it could have went either way and he wasn't blocking in the back..he was called for a low block. You can't go through a blocker low. The Steelers were called for the same exact thing against the Colts on MNF

[quote name='DJSteel']actually I'm proving that not all the calls went Pgh's way...The Hasselbeck call is judgemental it could have went either way and he wasn't blocking in the back..he was called for a low block. You can't go through a blocker low. The Steelers were called for the same exact thing against the Colts on MNF[/QUOTE]

That's what I am saying, the penalty on Hassleback was ridiculous. In no way was that a low block since he got the ball carrier first. You can see he never touched that blocker in those pics (pic 21). I can agree that the TD by Roethlisburger was a judgement call. It's too hard to tell if he made it or not to reverse it, but the Hassleback penalty is an obvious mistake.

I guess it doesn't mean that you were thinking it, but the guy posting those pictures seems obsessed with zooming in on the Seattle defender pushing the Steeler out of the way on that play.

[quote name='greendj27']That's what I am saying, the penalty on Hassleback was ridiculous. In no way was that a low block since he got the ball carrier first. You can see he never touched that blocker in those pics. I can agree that the TD by Roethlisburger was a judgement call. It's too hard to tell if he made it or not to reverse it, but the Hassleback penalty is an obvious mistake.

I guess it doesn't mean that you were thinking it, but the guy posting those pictures seems obsessed with zooming in on the Seattle defender pushing the Steeler out of the way on that play.[/QUOTE]

no I agree that was a tough fricking call to make.. I don't know what angle the ref had on the play to say it was a horrible call...

If you want to know what it's like to live in Washington this past week here you go, I find it fucking hilarious.
20060208.jpg

[quote name='ph33r m3']If you want to know what it's like to live in Washington this past week here you go, I find it fucking hilarious.
20060208.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Where do you live, by the way?

It's still I hear it all the time, theirs this idiot on the radio called BJ Shea, basically imagine Howard Stern's bastard little brother, everyone on the show sounds like everyone from Howard Stern's show.

"Officials...blah blah blah" "Go Seahawks! Coming back next year!"

bread's done
Back