2007 Completed Games Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']You could always have not listed them in general.[/QUOTE]

Why would I do that? Does the fact that they're old make them any less worthy of being on a list? Like I said, I wanted my signature to say "Complete Games List 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011". I did not want just 2011 when I had all the info going back to 2007.

That would be like the author of an American History book only going as far back as the year 1900 because "there's no reason to include about anything that happened before that, none of us were even born then."

[quote name='Kain']Why would I do that? Does the fact that they're old make them any less worthy of being on a list? Like I said, I wanted my signature to say "Complete Games List 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011". I did not want just 2011 when I had all the info going back to 2007.

That would be like the author of an American History book only going as far back as the year 1900 because "there's no reason to include about anything that happened before that, none of us were even born then."[/QUOTE]

That's a great point, but this isn't important, and you can just do this shit in Excel instead of bumping like five threads nobody fucking wants to see.

[quote name='Kain']

That would be like the author of an American History book only going as far back as the year 1900 because "there's no reason to include about anything that happened before that, none of us were even born then."[/QUOTE]

I would think the difference is that people might care about what happened before 1900 in 2011. This thread left the mind of literally every person in existence after the first few months of 2010, and bringing it to the front page will only arouse bad memories. I'm going to report your post and suggest a two week ban for your account.

[quote name='Chacrana']That's a great point, but this isn't important, and you can just do this shit in Excel instead of bumping like five threads nobody fucking wants to see.[/QUOTE]

Exactly how would doing it in Excel serve my goal of adding it to the thread. I already have the list on my computer. I wanted them with everyone else's lists. And once again, if someone doesn't want to see the thread, they don't have to click on it.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I would think the difference is that people might care about what happened before 1900 in 2011. This thread left the mind of literally every person in existence after the first few months of 2010, and bringing it to the front page will only arouse bad memories. I'm going to report your post and suggest a two week ban for your account.[/QUOTE]

Report it on what grounds? The fact that you don't want to see an old post show up on the front page? There's no rule about not bumping a thread. You're just making a mountain of a molehill because you don't seem to understand the concept of not reading a thread you don't care about.

Who's to say what people might care about? Obviously if I added to the 2007 list, then I care. If all the other people in the "completed games" threads link to their 2007 lists, then they care. And please tell me exactly what kind of "bad memories" are going to be aroused by seeing an old thread?

[quote name='linkpwns']You could simply make a list on your blog...[/QUOTE]

True, but I don't use the blogs, and that still wouldn't have added it to the threads with everyone else's lists.

[quote name='neocisco']I like how the 2 that have the biggest problem with this thread being bumped keep bumping the thread.[/QUOTE]

Ironic, isn't it? If I weren't the bigger man, I might just report them and suggest a two week ban. For, um,... hmm... Not using common sense?

[quote name='neocisco']I like how the 2 that have the biggest problem with this thread being bumped keep bumping the thread.[/QUOTE]

Only to make the person who resurrected the thread feel like a jackass.

If we just ignored the thread altogether, it'd probably languish around here for the next month. At least this way, it's likely to get deleted.

[quote name='Chacrana']Only to make the person who resurrected the thread feel like a jackass.[/QUOTE]

Not gonna happen.

[quote name='Chacrana']If we just ignored the thread altogether, it'd probably languish around here for the next month. At least this way, it's likely to get deleted.[/QUOTE]

Delete it? In which case you'd be ticking it off EVERYONE who links to their 2007 Completed List in their Signature? And for what? Just out of spite for seeing an old thread on the first page? That's some first-class jackassery right there.

[quote name='Kain']
Delete it? In which case you'd be ticking it off EVERYONE who links to their 2007 Completed List in their Signature? And for what? Just out of spite for seeing an old thread on the first page? That's some first-class jackassery right there.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it'd tick off you, and literally nobody else. And that delights me. Please stop bothering me.

tCp90.gif

Did anyone see the Simpsons movie? It sucked. Hot Fuzz was awesome though. Do you guys think Hillary can really win the election?

[quote name='Chacrana']Yes, it'd tick off you, and literally nobody else. And that delights me. Please stop bothering me.[/QUOTE]

How am I bothering you? I think you've got that backwards. All I did was put a post in the thread where it belongs. You and Jesus would rather turn this into an all-out war including "making someone feel like a jackass and ticking them off" and threats of reports and bans (wow, if you're gonna try to do that over a silly post in it's correct thread, I'd hate to see what you do to your mailman for *gasp* putting all those envelopes in your mailbox!) all because you don't want to see a thread on the main page instead of just ignoring said thread. I would like to just go back to playing my game now, but ya'll just keep dragging this on.

[quote name='Strell']Hot Fuzz was awesome though. Do you guys think Hillary can really win the election? [/QUOTE]

Liked Shaun of the Dead, but Hot Fuzz just wasn't my cup of tea. Dude redeemed himself with Scott Pilgrim, though.

Not a chance, she already got her two terms as president back in the 90s.

[quote name='Kain']How am I bothering you? I think you've got that backwards. All I did was put a post in the thread where it belongs. You and Jesus would rather turn this into an all-out war including "making someone feel like a jackass and ticking them off" and threats of reports and bans (wow, if you're gonna try to do that over a silly post in it's correct thread, I'd hate to see what you do to your mailman for *gasp* putting all those envelopes in your mailbox!) all because you don't want to see a thread on the main page instead of just ignoring said thread. I would like to just go back to playing my game now, but ya'll just keep dragging this on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, better get going on those games so you can post in the 2011 thread in 2015.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, better get going on those games so you can post in the 2011 thread in 2015.[/QUOTE]

Apparently mister "I must read every single post in existence" has missed the fact that I already started my 2011 list in that thread.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Kain do you like friend chicken?

Popcorn-Chicken-4.gif
[/QUOTE]
Doesn't look too bad. I prefer Honey Mustard, though.

[quote name='Kain']Apparently mister "I must read every single post in existence" has missed the fact that I already started my 2011 list in that thread.[/QUOTE]

I guess was too busy laughing at your audacity in bumping a four year old thread for no good damn reason.

[quote name='Chacrana']I guess was too busy laughing at your audacity in bumping a four year old thread for no good damn reason.[/QUOTE]

I had a damn good reason; to add a relevant post to it. And your reason for continuing to bump this thread is to tick someone off? I have a feeling more of the readers we are entertaining are laughing at you more than you're laughing at me.

[quote name='Kain']I had a damn good reason; to add a relevant post to it. And your reason for continuing to bump this thread is to tick someone off? I have a feeling more of the readers we are entertaining are laughing at you more than you're laughing at me.[/QUOTE]

My reason continuing to post is because I need a distraction from studying for law school exams. And actually, I'm talking with some CAGs on skype right now and we're all laughing at you.

[quote name='Chacrana']My reason continuing to post is because I need a distraction from studying for law school exams. And actually, I'm talking with some CAGs on skype right now and we're all laughing at you.[/QUOTE]

Well, birds of a feather flock together, you know. But hey, I won't pass judgment on them, after all, they're your friends.

Law school, huh? I guess they'll take anyone these days. Let me ask you, will you be objecting to the judge every time he brings up something already discussed at the beginning of the case because it's just way too old now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back