2007 NFL Draft Thread (Including CAG Mock Draft - NOW LIVE!!)

CocheseUGA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
With blessings of wubb, this thread is started early so we can speculate on every team.

I'll be posting a team breakdown of every team, two a week. I'm not going to be accurate on everything, so please chime in.

2007 CAG Mock Draft:
#1 - Oakland Raiders - Joe Thomas, OT - Wisconsin - ph33r m3
#2 - Detroit Lions - JaMarcus Russell, QB - LSU - Whambamm
#3 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (x) - Calvin Johnson, WR - GT - Tyga24
#4 - Cleveland Browns (x) - Brady Quinn, QB - Notre Dame - js1
#5 - Arizona Cardinals - Gaines Adams, DE - Clemson - klwillis45
#6 - Washington Redskins - Alan Branch, DT - Michigan - cleaver
#7 - Minnesota Vikings - Dwayne Jarrett, WR - USC - VanillaGorilla
#8 - Houston Texans - Adrian Peterson, RB - Oklahoma - H-Town Info
#9 - Miami Dolphins - LaRon Landry, S - LSU - JSK414
#10 - Atlanta Falcons - Reggie Nelson, S - Florida - CocheseUGA
#11 - San Fransisco 49ers - Jamaal Anderson, DE - Arkansas - VanillaGorilla
#12 - Buffalo Bills - DeMarcus Tyler, DT - NC State - klwillis45
#13 - St. Louis Rams - Lawrence Timmons, LB - FSU - FriskyTanuki
#14 - Carolina Panthers - Patrick Willis, LB - Ole Miss - H-Town Info
#15 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Leon Hall, CB - Michigan - CocheseUGA
#16 - Green Bay Packers - Marshawn Lynch, RB - Cal - klwillis45
#17 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Paul Posluszny, LB - Penn State - Tyga24
#18 - Cincinnati Bengals - Earl Everett, LB - Florida - CocheseUGA
#19 - Tennessee Titans - Amobi Okoye, DT - Louisville - VanillaGorilla
#20 - New York Giants - Ted Ginn, Jr, WR - OSU - Tyga24
#21 - Denver Broncos - Darrelle Revis, CB - Pitt - FriskyTanuki
#22 - Dallas Cowboys - Levi Brown, OT - Penn State - Whambamm
#23 - Kansas City Chiefs - Justin Blalock, G - Texas - ph33r m3
#24 - New York Jets - Quinten Moses, DE - Georgia - Whambamm
#25 - New England Patriots (from Seattle) - Michael Griffin, S - Texas - H-Town Info
#26 - Philadelphia Eagles - Brandon Merriwether, S - Miami - JSK414
#27 - New Orleans Saints - Daymeion Hughes, DB - Cal - cleaver
#28 - New England Patriots - Dwayne Bowe, WR - LSU - H-Town Info
#29 - Baltimore Ravens - cleaver
#30 - San Diego Chargers - js1
*#31 - Indianapolis Colts (y) - ph33r m3
*#32 - Chicago Bears (y) - js1
x-Coinflip
y-playoff results
Current as of 1-15-07

Oakland Raiders
Team Needs: QB?, OL, RB
Draft Picks: #1 1st

My Picks: JaMarcus Russell
Reasoning: Al Davis has no grip on reality, and instead of trading down and stockpiling the picks he needs for his OL, he’ll make a splash and go for the run/pass thread out of LSU. Sorry JaMarcus, should have stayed in school.

Depth Chart:
QB – Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks, Marques Tuiasosopo
RB – LaMont Jordan, Justin Fargas
FB – Zack Crockett, ReShard Lee
WR – Randy Moss, Ronald Curry, Johnnie Morant, Doug Gabriel
TE – Courtney Anderson, Randal Williams, James Adkisson
LT – Robert Gallery, Chad Slaughter
LG – Barry Sims, Corey Hulsey
C – Jake Grove
RG – Kevin Boothe, Paul McQuistan
RT – Langston Walker, Brad Badger
DE – Tyler Brayton, Derrick Burgess, Kevin Huntley
NT – Warren Sapp, Anttaj Hawthorne
DT – Tommy Kelly, Terdell Sands
OLB – Sam Williams, Thomas Howard, Ricky Brown, Isaiah Ekejiuba
MLB – Kirk Morrison, Robert Thomas
CB – Nnamdi Asomugha, Fabian Washington, Tyrone Poole, Stanford Routt, Duane Starks
SS – Michael Huff, Derrick Gibson
FS – Stuart Schweigert, Jarrod Cooper
K – Sebastian Janikowski
P – Shane Lechler

You mean they are giving up on Andrew Walter? Seriously, as a Chiefs fan, I hate to see every other team in the division with a solid young QB to build around besides us. Broncos have Cutler, Chargers have Rivers, and the Raiders will most likely get Russell. Meanwhile, we drafted Brody Coyle in the second round last draft and don't think he is capable of being a starter at this level. Just hoping the Chiefs get young quick, we are old everywhere.

Andrew Walter isn't a horrible QB, i'd give him more time, the dude's a fuckin tree out there, which helps so he can see the field and throw over D-Lineman.

Well, here's the problem. Oakland has the #1 pick. There is a good chance they will trade down. But, it's hard to speculate on that, so the point is to speculate what a team would do with the pick they have. There are no big star RBs that need to be #1 (not even Adrian Peterson), and there are definetly no star OLs out there (and even if they were, Oakland has learned it's lesson from Gallery). So, the pick has to be a QB. I chose Russell, because the OL sucks and you need someone to be able to move. Walter needs more time, but he also needs motivation. They'll bring in another QB no matter what, even if it's just to kick Walters in the ass like he needs to be.

And you forgot to post your pick(s) for Oakland (and Detroit if you want).

I believe the Packers at number 16 Take Marshawn Lynch from Cal, BUT only if Adrian Peterson declares, otherwise Lynch's stock value will go much higher. Ted Thompson does not trade up to get players, so there isn't much a chance unless he falls into their laps.

I agree with everyone else. Andrew Walter shows a lot of promise. He just doesn't have any protection from his offensive line. Also Randy Moss keeps dropping those balls; Its that guy they need to get rid of....

[quote name='H-Town Info']i think we should wait until the day after the deadline for juniors to declare before making these picks.[/quote]

Probably a good idea though I don't think it matters for the 1st 2 picks.

#1 Raiders - J Russell -LSU
#2 Lions - B Quinn - ND

If someone hasn't mentioned it yet, I think we should do a mock draft, with like, 10 or so CAG'ers picking for the teams. That would be good times.

Whoever get's Calvin Johnson is getting a stud, just youtube search "Calvin Johnson - The Catch" and you'll get it. This guy is a Vince Young/Reggie Bush, can't pass him up.

[quote name='klwillis45']Probably a good idea though I don't think it matters for the 1st 2 picks.

#1 Raiders - J Russell -LSU
#2 Lions - B Quinn - ND[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought anyways. Those were my picks too.

As for doing a whole mock draft, I cannot for the life of me find any info on rounds 2-7. They must be finalized after the playoffs.

OK, Russell leads #1 with 2 votes to 0.

OK, anyone who wants to participate in a real mock draft, speak up now. We need 2, 4, 8 or 16 people, preferably. Give me your top two team choices when you reply.

My preferences are Falcons and Steelers.

I'll add in my 3 & 4 right now though they could be subject to change.

#3 TB - J Thomas - WI
#4 Cle - B Brohm - Lville

Edit: for the mock, I'll take the Packers & Cardinals

I'm thinking JaMarcus Russel is going to the Raiders #1. No question that Al Davis is going for the strong armed quarterback, especially after the mishap of taking Gallery #2 a few years ago. The fans want a big name with the #1 pick, and I'm sure Russell will satisfy; especially since they already have Moss and Jerry Porter, if he gets along with the new coach.

For the mock I'll take the Bucs and the Jags

Man I don't want the Lions to take a freaking quarterback, look how far Joey Harrington got them. They need a new O-line. Regardless, as of now it looks like the top 2 picks will be Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn, respectively. As for the mock draft I'd like the Cowboys and Lions.

I think the Lions Will go with Joe Thomas from Wisconsin. They need to shore up that O-Line line for a change and get that running game going. They can win with Jon Kitna, but it's time to start focusing on that line.

[quote name='JSK414']Anyone in the top 10 that isnt taken[/QUOTE]

These are still available:

1) Oakland Raiders
3 or 4) Cleveland Browns
9) Miami Dolphins

FA SIGNINGS:
QB Damon Huard - Signs with JAX. Great performance taking over for Green, but still only a back up. Great back up for Garrard

QB Brad Johnson - Released and Retires

QB Drew Bledsoe - Released and Retires

QB Jake Plummer - Released and Signs with HOU

QB David Carr - Released and signs with BAL. He's going to be learning under Steve McNair and will be the heir apparent to him after McNair is done.

RB Ahman Green - Resigns with GB. The pack will probably work a 2RB system. Green still needs to prove that hes durable to play a full season. signs a 1 year deal

RB Chris Brown - Signs with MIA. Dolphins bring back a solid 2 RB system that worked well for them all throughout '05

RB Michael Turner - Signs with NYG. (SD gets a 2nd round pick) worth the compensation. great back to work with Brandon Jacobs. Resembles Tikki with his size and running ability. great signing.

WR Drew Bennett - Signs with DAL. TO wont be around if Parcells is back, which leaves only Terry Glenn as their only WR. Will attract some attention away from Glenn and will put up solid numbers in big D.

WR Patrick Crayton - Resigns with DAL. Even with Bennett, Romo needs his third receiver who become one of his favorite targets

WR Kevin Curtis - Resigns with STL. Bruce is getting older and Curtis is a solid #3 WR and has the skill to step up if an injury was to occur to bruce

WR Terrell Owens - Release and no one will take him at all

TE Tony Gonzalez- Resigns with KC. They need Big Tony and Gonzalez will stay loyal to the only franchise hes ever known. Plus they have 0 receivers

TE Dan Graham - Signs with ARZ. Great blocking TE helps strengthen protection for Leinart and can tutor Pope until hes ready

TE Eric Johnson - Signs with NO. Great pass catching TE but overshadowed by the phenom Vernon Davis. Nice target for Brees

OT Max Starks - resigns with PIT. Steelers love their o-line and will pay extra $$ to keep it intact

OT Leonard Davis - Signs with DET. Lions need O-line help real badly. Probably will overpay for this overweight and underachieving tackle

OL Mike Gandy - Signs with MIA. Dolphins really don't have a solid LT in years.

OG Eric Steinbach - Signs with HOU. Houston needs protection and it looks like Spencer is their LT of the future might have his career be over due to injury.

DE Dwight Freeney - Signs with TB. Bucs got money to spend, Colts dont. They will over pay to get him and he'll replace Simeon Rice (who's going to be a cap casualty and might retire)

DE Jared Allen - Resigns with KC. The lose of Freeney leaves a big hole needed to be filled. KC spends too much money on offense but keeps their defensive heart

DE Justin Smith- Resigns with CIN. Bengals just need a D and Smith needs to show he was worth a top 5 pick.

DT Vonnie Holliday - Resigns with MIA. A solid run stopper

DT Terdel Sands - Resigns with OAK. A strong up-and-coming player who's in for a payday.

LB Lance Briggs - Signs with NE. The final piece to the best LB core in the NFL. Reunites with Colvin and give NE lots and lots of speed with some pass rush ability.

LB Adalius Thomas - Signs with SF. Money to spend and Thomas is where theyre gonna spend it. great pick up to help a mediocre defense and plays for his old defensive coordinator in Mike Nolan.

LB Cato June - Signs with WAS. Snyder will overpay June to try to turn his D into what it was in '05.

LB London Fletcher - Signs with CAR. Dan Morgan is a great player at MLB but concussions had tormented him for years. Fletcher will help that underachieving team to become what they can be as a great leader and underrated player.

LB Junior Seau - Retires......... again

CB Nate Clements - Signs with HOU. Just what the Texans need and an awesome combo with Robinson. Texans are beat too many times deep. Forces Faggins into a nickel corner

CB Asante Samuel - Resigns with NE. Their defensive playmaker (10 INTs) will be back at a high price. He's their only reliable corner

S Deon Grant - Signs with TB. Money to spend in Tampa and a defense that needs retooling. Great addition to the secondary and a nice fit for the cover 2 defense.

S Ken Hamlin - Signs with NE. He will have to compete for playing time but Harrison is often injured and Wilson is too inconsistent. Solidifies a weak secondary.

S Michael Lewis - Signs with DEN. He'll make a nice combo with Lynch and hopefully utilize him at his great run support defense.

K Josh Brown - Resigns with SEA. He has been a clutch performer this season with at least 4 game-winning FGs and he has a very strong leg to boot over 50+ yards.

My Mock Draft before underclassmen deadline.

1. Oakland - QB JaMarcus Russell LSU - best talent available and the raiders badly need a QB (sorry Walter)
Russell has a super cannon for an arm, solid accuracy, and imo some mobility for his size.

2. Detroit - QB Brady Quinn Notre Dame - If Matt Millen is still there, he'll choose this pick as their franchise QB. He's the most pro ready QB available and could start right away with the Lions. Hopefully they don't have Harrington Part 2 for another 5 years.

3. Cleveland - RB Adrian Peterson Oklahoma - Franchise RB who has lots of potential if can stay healthy. He's a Tomlinson-type of back that does everything from running, catching, and pass protection. Droughns isn't the answer long-term and he has a fumbling problem that worries the Browns.

4. Tampa Bay - WR Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech - Size, speed, strength, catching, run blocking, and YAC abilities are what is needed out of the WR position. Johnson has all the tools to be a STUD in this league. Simms will have 3 nice weapons at WR with Clayton, Galloway, and now Johnson.

5. Arizona - OT Joe Thomas Wisconsin - Cardinals badly badly need a franchise LT for many years and Leonard Davis wasn't the answer. Thomas bounced back from an ACL injury in their bowl game last year. He's going to be a Tony Boselli Franchise LT that you don't have to worry about him for 10 years.

6. Washington - DT Alan Branch Michigan - A superb athlete (he played RB for his high school football team and had 5 punt returns for TDs in high school). He's a DT that will eat up 2 blockers in the middle to help Griffin and Carter on the line. He could also fit the NT role in the 3-4 scheme.

7. Minnesota - WR Dwayne Jarrett USC - Childress is running a West Coast Offense but doesn't have really true WCO WRs. Jarrett will fit the role at Minnesota and give a valuable weapon for Tilliman at QB. Only problem is will you have a successful Keyshawn Johnson or a blunder in underachieving Mike Williams?

8. Houston - FS LaRon Landry LSU - Texans keep building on that crappy secondary except Dunta Robinson. He has all the tools needed for a Free Safety position. He has the speed, coverage, range, tackling, and leadership qualities out of the guy. He'll be a pro bowler calibur player for years and years and the texans will be able to use more Cover 3 coverage now.

9. Miami - QB Brian Brohm Louisville - Harrington and Lemon isn't the answer at QB for the Dolphins. They're just more than serviceable back-ups at best. Culpepper is just isn't himself after that knee injury and Brohm is the best QB left before there's a drastic drop-off. Brohm could be this year's Jay Cutler.

10. Atlanta - 4-3 DE/ 3-4 OLB Gaines Adams Clemson - The best DE available in the draft. Something about him strikes me as a Jevon Kearse type of DE coming out. Kerney is on his last hurrah and could be out soon. Teams are going to be scared to death if both Abraham and Adams are out there causing havoc on the pass rush. Falcons could choose Reggie Nelson to stitch up that secondary.

11. San Francisco - CB Darrelle Revis Pittsburgh - IMO the best CB available in the draft. He will fit that Mike Nolan Defense in San Fran and has the size to match up with tall WRs in the NFL. Nate Clements is his comparison.

12. Buffalo - MLB Patrick Willis Ole Miss - Buffalo lost their leader on defense but gain one for years to come in Willis. People got scared away from MLBs in the first round until they saw Defensive Rookie of the Year DeMeco Ryans tore it up in Houston with 150 tackles. Willis is very instinctive and smart MLB for Ole Miss for years and can be a disruptive force in the middle for Dick Jauron.

13. St. Louis - FS Reggie Nelson Florida - The Rams need some safety help for their avg CBs in St. Louis and Nelson has the tools for a free safety as well.

14. Carolina - OLB Paul Posluszny Penn State - I really couldn't find a definitive weakness for Carolina but they really miss Will Weatherspoon last year on that defense. Posluszny will play on the strong side with Davis at WLB and Fletcher at MLB. Posluszny is the best OLB talent available and could come in start for them on day one. Adding Fletcher and Posluszny to the front 7 makes the defense much more lethal and dangerous.

15. Pittsburgh - 4-3 DE/ 3-4 OLB LaMarr Woodley Michigan - Joey Porter is in his early 30's and Pitts. will need a replacement for him. Woodley is under-sized for a 4-3 DE scheme but has the tools needed to play 3-4 OLB for the steel curtain.

16. Green Bay - RB Marshawn Lynch California - I know I had them resigning green back but green bay needs a 25 carries back. Unfortunately, Green, Morency, or Herron can't meet up to the challenge. Lynch is just an explosive back and he'll fit just fine in their zone-blocking scheme in GB.

17. Jacksonville - DE Jamaal Anderson Arkansas - Jaguars have a very good defense but imo they need more pass rush and they can some with anderson. Anderson is ferocious DE if he declares and teaming with hayward will be provide possibily the most dangerous front 4.

18. Cincinnati - CB Antonie Cason Arizona - O'Neal is just over the hill and Tory James as well. They have a nice CB in Joseph and they'll add another CB for the present and the future in Cason.

19. Tennessee - WR Ted Ginn Jr. The Ohio St. University - Vince Young needs a reliable, deep threat and he'll shall receive it in Ted Ginn Jr. He's still learning the position and he could develop into a Santana Moss/Steve Smith mold.

20. N.Y. Giants - CB Leon Hall Michigan - I really didn't think Sam Madison isn't going to be a starter after the end of the next season. Hall will become his replacement opposite Webster. Hall's stock plummeted after he got burnt by Ginn for so many yards. He has the most potential out of anyone but will the consistency be there game after game?

21. Denver - DE Charles Johnson Georgia - Denver needs a pass rush in so many ways if they want to only pressure with only 4 people and not blitz. Johnson helps that Cleveland Browns line with some youth and talent for that underachieving defense.

22. Dallas - OT Levi Brown Penn State - Colombo is really not the answer at RT and Brown can fill the role at RT until Adams' days at LT are done. Levi Brown has great skills at that position and still improving. Romo won't be crying anymore with some more protection to help find his weapons.

23. Kansas City - OT/OG Justin Blalock Texas - The loss of William Roaf shocked the organization b/c he retired before training camp open. Blalock was blocking for the greats in Vince Young and Cedric Benson. He's just plain terrific at run blocking and Larry Johnson will buy him dinner every week for his yardage and TDs he pave away. He has enough atheleticism to play LT if the chiefs feels that way about him. He could be a Steve Hutchinson type of player.

24. New England (from Seahawks) - DE/OLB Quentin Moses Georgia - Vrabel is about to wore down sooner or later and it's always good to have pass rushers. Moses will fit that Evil Genius' scheme in NE as a 3-4 OLB.

25. Philadelphia - MLB Lawrence Timmons Florida State - Trotter is getting up there in age and only can support the run. Timmons can be the eventually replacement and can play the run and the pass on every down.

26. New Orleans - 4-3 DT/3-4 NT Glenn Dorsey LSU - New Orleans defense was improved greatly this season and it doesn't hurt to upgrade it more. Dorsey play tremendously his junior season and his stock is soaring. He can help out with taking on double teams with Grant and Smith having 1-on-1 situations.

27. N.Y. Jets - 3-4 DE/ 4-3 DT Adam Carriker Nebraska - Jets really need some player front 3 help and they cant really find a suitable NT at this pick. Carriker is solid DT with exceptional athleticism and a bit of tweener at the next level at the 4-3 scheme.

28. New England - CB/FS Marcus McCauley Fresno State - Belichick keeps building his aging defense with another CB. McCauley did very well this season and he's a very physical CB at 6-1 205 lbs.

29. Indianapolis - DT Amobi Okoye Louisville - If your defense got run over by Ron Dayne for 150 yds, you know you have run defense problems. Okoye gives some size and strength for that under-sized Colts defense. To win in the playoffs, you need to pound it with the run and stop the run. They have the former but not the latter.

30. Baltimore - OT Jared Gaither Maryland - Jonathan Odgen is in his mid-30s and has lost a step in his footwork. Gaither can protect McNair at RT until Odgen retires. Gaither has top 15 abilities if were to come out this year and he slips to Baltimore.

31. Chicago - WR Jeff Samardzjia Notre Dame - Grossman needs another reliable target to build his confidence up. Samardzjia will be the eventually replacement for Muhhammed but he'll be great at the slot receiver his first year or two with his height mis-match against nickel corners.

32. San Diego - 4-3 MLB/3-4 ILB H.B Blades Pittsburgh - Godfrey and Edwards are aging at the 3-4 ILBs position and they have no one in the wings. Blades is like an James Farrior ILB type of player and he'll keep the defense up-and-running for years with Merriman and Phillips alongside.

QB Damon Huard - Signs with JAX. Great performance taking over for Green, but still only a back up. Great back up for Garrard

ummm Leftwich????

QB David Carr - Released and signs with BAL. He's going to be learning under Steve McNair and will be the heir apparent to him after McNair is done.

Doubt it.

RB Michael Turner - Signs with NYG. (SD gets a 2nd round pick) worth the compensation. great back to work with Brandon Jacobs. Resembles Tikki with his size and running ability. great signing.
I'd be insanely pissed being a Turner fan and GMen hater.

WR Terrell Owens - Release and no one will take him at all

As much of a schmuck as he is, doubt it.

TE Dan Graham - Signs with ARZ. Great blocking TE helps strengthen protection for Leinart and can tutor Pope until hes ready

No chance with Pope there. Dont care that Pope did nothing. No throws to him AT ALL. He's a stud.

TE Eric Johnson - Signs with NO. Great pass catching TE but overshadowed by the phenom Vernon Davis. Nice target for Brees

Colston goes where?

LB Lance Briggs - Signs with NE. The final piece to the best LB core in the NFL. Reunites with Colvin and give NE lots and lots of speed with some pass rush ability.

That'd be nice.

LB Cato June - Signs with WAS. Snyder will overpay June to try to turn his D into what it was in '05.

Snyder is a moron.

LB Junior Seau - Retires......... again

Probably.

CB Asante Samuel - Resigns with NE. Their defensive playmaker (10 INTs) will be back at a high price. He's their only reliable corner

Doubt it. We (Sorry, I have a few teams, Pats being one of them) dont exactly have the money ASam's gonna demand.

S Michael Lewis - Resigns with PHI. Makes a nice combo with Dawkins.

Dont see us resigning MLew, but it could happen. I want us to move up for Landry.

My Mock Draft before underclassmen deadline.

3. Cleveland - RB Adrian Peterson Oklahoma QB=?????
8. Houston - S LaRon Landry LSU Line.
14. Carolina - LB Paul Posluszny Penn State I hope Pos goes somewhere better.
25. Philadelphia - LB Lawrence Timmons Florida State Please, no. Draft Connor here. Homegrown talent :)
31. Chicago - WR Jeff Samardzjia Notre Dame This would be huge for Chi
32. San Diego - LB H.B Blades Pittsburgh Maybe. Godfrey and Donnie Edwards are getting up there; although DEdwards is still producing. Merriman, Phillips, Edwards and Blades would be lethal.

14 teams left, and a couple of people haven't picked a second team.

Deadline for picking teams is 00:00 on Monday (midnight Sunday). After that, I'll randomly assign the leftover teams.

Ill take the birds (eagles) and the fins (dolphins) then. Also you didnt answer... can we trade our picks among the other cags?

No, you can't trade picks unless they were to do so in real life.

We need a time frame to hold the draft. We could do it over the course of this next week if that's ok.

Nice mock azn, only problem is no way in hell Jarrett goes #7, the Vikings won't pick another WR with their #1 pick ie Williamson. I would probably assume a DE with Erasmus James coming off injury and Udeze just sucking balls.

OK, heads up: the draft is now LIVE. I am assigning the remaining teams to the current participants. When it is your turn to pick, you will receive a PM from me. You then reply to my PM with your pick.

I was going to post all the teams and their needs, but I simply don't have the time. Note, the end draft order may be different that what actually occurs due to what happens this week and the Super Bowl. No big worries.

I can draft for a couple of the teams that don't have owners.

We should also re-visit this thread after Free Agency has struck, since team needs will change drastically.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I can draft for a couple of the teams that don't have owners.

We should also re-visit this thread after Free Agency has struck, since team needs will change drastically.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I hope this thread continues until we hit training camps.

As for the remaining teams, check the OP. You've been randomly assigned at least one other team. Colors were random too, so don't think anything about it.

As for my mock draft:
Oakland (2-14) - JaMarcus Russell
Detroit (3-13) - Brady Quinn
#Cleveland (4-12) - Alan Branch
#Tampa Bay (4-12) - Calvin Johnson
Arizona (5-11) - Joe Thomas
Washington (5-11) - Gaines Adams
Minnesota (6-10) - Glenn Dorsey
Houston (6-10) - Adrian Peterson
Miami (6-10) - Colt Brennan (I'll put this caveat - Levi Brown)
Atlanta (7-9) - LaRon Landry (I'll put this caveat - Charles Johnson)
San Fransico (7-9) - Jamaal Anderson
Buffalo (7-9) - Leon Hall
St. Louis (8-8) - Ted Ginn Jr.
Carolina (8-8) - Quentin Moses
Green Bay (8-8) - Jeff Samardzjia
Pittsburgh (8-8) - Adam Carriker
Jacksonville (8-8) - Sidney Rice
Cincinnati (8-8) - Amobi Okoye
Tennessee (8-8) - Dwane Jarrett
NY Giants (8-8) - Darrelle Revis (possibly trade up for Branch)
Denver (9-7) - Eric Wright or Revis, if available
Dallas (9-7) - Reggie Nelson
Kansas City (9-7) - Tim Crowder
NY Jets (10-6) - Marshawn Lynch
New England (from Seattle) (9-7) - Jarvis Moss
Philadelphia (10-6) - LaMarr Woodley
Baltimore (13-3) - Dwayne Bowe
San Diego (14-2) - Steve Smith
*Indianapolis (12-4) - Patrick Willis
*Chicago (13-3) - Willis if available, otherwise Posluszny
*New Orleans (10-6) - Marcus McCauley
*New England (12-4) - some random dude who is willing to sell his soul to the devil for three more championships

#1 Oakland Raiders pick Joe Thomas OT.

Shocker I know, will this happen? No, definitely not but I think Al Davis somewhere in his old ass ways must know that it's the right decision. With a shitty offensive line that Joe Montana himself could not help, they go with the best Offensive Lineman in the draft. Now you may be saying? Why not Russell? He's a down-field passer, well last time I checked Randy Moss isn't Randy Moss anymore and Eddy Curry couldn't burn a CB to save his life. This would be a great pick seeing as how Brooks/Walter are both O.K. qb's, Walter needs more time to develop and LaMont Jordan and Justin Fargas are more than capable Rb's.

Oakland already got burned once by a highly touted "Can't miss" tackle, why would they draft another one? Actually, Mr. Bu...I mean, Al Davis, might be dumb enough to do just that.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Oakland already got burned once by a highly touted "Can't miss" tackle, why would they draft another one? Actually, Mr. Bu...I mean, Al Davis, might be dumb enough to do just that.[/quote]

Exactly, that's why I say Thomas, Gallery's problem is he's been moved to every position on the O-Line due to shitty players and injuries. Gallery isn't horrible, but Oakland doesn't need a QB who can throw deep, Collins can do what Russel can do and better.

No way in hell Detroit takes Quinn. I can't see Detroit taking anybody other than Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams--they had probably the worst OL in the league, so I think Thomas will be the pick.

[quote name='Plinko']No way in hell Detroit takes Quinn. I can't see Detroit taking anybody other than Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams--they had probably the worst OL in the league, so I think Thomas will be the pick.[/QUOTE]

You do remember who the GM is, right?

Anyways, don't crap on people's picks.

#2 - Detroit - JaMarcus Russell, QB - LSU

bread's done
Back