2007 NFL Draft Thread (Including CAG Mock Draft - NOW LIVE!!)

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Tyga24 and the Bucs pick Calvin Johnson[/quote]

Although I would've liked to take some players to replace the aging defense, it was too enticing to pass on the best player in the draft. He will be a great complement (and eventual replacement) for Galloway and a nice run blocking WR along with Clayton.

[quote name='H-Town Info']i like the way the draft is going for my texans[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling who you are going to pick.

Night all.

I REALLY wanted to pick Joe Thomas, and thought about going the defense line route, but could not pass on quinn. The browns just need help in every position.

The rumor is, NO WAY the Lions will draft a QB. They will stick with Kitna. He played EVERY snap this year....EVERY snap. No other QB did that. If they did not like him, McCown or Orlovsky would've played. Martz said he LOVED Orlovsky at the beginning of the season. We see how that played out.

I see them taking Joe Thomas or RB/WR. Kevin Jones is out for a while...will not start the season more than likely. They have two WR's right now in Roy and Furrey (and who knows...he may leave if Martz leaves). They loathe Mike Williams, so that leaves another spot open. It would be amusing if they take ANOTHER WR though.

I honestly don't see them taking a QB at all. They need help in many other places..offense and defense.

[quote name='doubledown']The rumor is, NO WAY the Lions will draft a QB. They will stick with Kitna. He played EVERY snap this year....EVERY snap. No other QB did that. If they did not like him, McCown or Orlovsky would've played. Martz said he LOVED Orlovsky at the beginning of the season. We see how that played out.

I see them taking Joe Thomas or RB/WR. Kevin Jones is out for a while...will not start the season more than likely. They have two WR's right now in Roy and Furrey (and who knows...he may leave if Martz leaves). They loathe Mike Williams, so that leaves another spot open. It would be amusing if they take ANOTHER WR though.

I honestly don't see them taking a QB at all. They need help in many other places..offense and defense.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right. I would have taken Joe Thomas if he hadn't taken been taken number one. I'm all for the Lions trading their pick and getting some O-line help. With this being a mock draft though, I had no problem choosing Russell. While I don't want the Lions to draft a QB, it would be awesome seeing the cannon that is Russell's arm tossing bombs downfield to Roy Williams.

[quote name='gregthomas77']you should be the GM. seriously.[/QUOTE]
I have the potential choices ranked
Calvin Johnson
Alan Branch
Jamaal Anderson
Gaines Adams
for the Skins. I'm glad you approve.

I hope the Lions don't take Russell for real. I'd like to see them not take a QB in the first round, but rather the second. Brian Brohm not declaring may have pushed some QBs up in projections, but they still could trade back, get some o-line help or D, and still get somebody like Troy Smith later in the first round or even later on Colt Brennan. They just need too much help at positions other than QB unfortunately. However, for as much sense as they've made from their draft the past couple years I too am almost positive it'll be either Russell or Quinn.

With the 7th pick in the 2007 NFL Mock Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select D'Wayne Jarrett, Wide Receiver, USC

Dwayne_Jarrett.jpg

With the 8th Pick in the 2007 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select...Mario..........err...Reggie.......err....Adrian Peterson from University of Oklahoma.

APeterson_HOU.jpg

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You do remember who the GM is, right?

Anyways, don't crap on people's picks.

#2 - Detroit - JaMarcus Russell, QB - LSU[/quote]

"The rumor is, NO WAY the Lions will draft a QB. They will stick with Kitna. He played EVERY snap this year....EVERY snap. No other QB did that. If they did not like him, McCown or Orlovsky would've played. Martz said he LOVED Orlovsky at the beginning of the season. We see how that played out."

I wasn't crapping on anybody's picks--the above paragraph is why I stated that. I follow the Lions every day, and I was just remarking on what has been stated by the team.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You fucker. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Why u were hoping the best defensive talent would fall to you :) ?

[quote name='JSK414']Why u were hoping the best defensive talent would fall to you :) ?[/QUOTE]

I had my eyes on Landry all the way. Nelson will do well. The only concern I have is if Patrick Kerney leaves via free agency. Then I think we should trade up and grab Gaines Adams.

[quote name='jPoD']Hopefully the Eagles either trade up, or somehow get Landry from LSU.[/QUOTE]

Not gonna happen. I honestly don't see Landry going as high as I picked (Miami) I think they might try to trade down and take Levi Brown, cause if you remember they are very short on draft picks this year, because of the Culpepper and Harrington trades. I think the eagles will be lucky, and possibly have to trade up to land Griffen, who will probably be the 3rd safety taken. I personally like he more than Nelson anyway. If Griffen goes too high, I expect to see a Linebacker, and then Weddle in the second. Maybe even trade outta the first and get a 2nd and a 4th or something. Just my two sense.

The eagles better resign stallworth otherwise I will hate this franchise. I really won't but Stallworth has been great. From what I have heard its looking like they aren't going to tho.

[quote name='cleaver']CocheseUGA drafted Reggie McNeal so VanillaGorilla up again
2 safeties in the top 10; how times have changed.[/QUOTE]

I would have loved to take Sidney Rice, but our QB would probably not be able to get him the ball deep.

We have two damn good corners, the only big needs we have are safety. Hopefully Nelson (or Landry in the real world) will fill that void. We might need a DE to replace Kerney, but hopefully we can get another 1st rounder for him (and get Charles Johnson assholes!). We could also use a big, bruising back, but I think we can get one in the 2nd round easily.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']With the 11th pick in the 2007 NFL Mock Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Jamaal Anderson, Defensive End, Arkansas.[/QUOTE]

I dont like the pick it due to the fact can he play 3-4 OLB in Mike Nolan's 3-4 scheme. If you put him at 3-4 DE, he will use his best asset at all which is his pass rushing ability. I'd rather go with Nelson at FS or Davis at CB but this mock is just for fun.

This was just the case of drafting the best possible player, and not necessarily a "need" pick. If anything, the Niners could use a receiver, and with Tedd Ginn, Sidney Rice and Samardzija all on the board, they could have went there too.

[quote name='H-Town Info']I'd rather go with Nelson at FS or Davis at CB but this mock is just for fun.[/QUOTE]
I'm surprised all these DBs are going ahead of Leon Hall.

[quote name='cleaver']I'm surprised all these DBs are going ahead of Leon Hall.[/QUOTE]

Well, like I said, at some point the Falcons may have two of the best cover corners in the league with DeAngelo Hall and Jimmy Williams. A really good safety will make them even better and strengthen up the D-Line at the same time.

I wish we were in a position back in the day to pick up Sean Jones or Thomas Davis as well.

[quote name='H-Town Info']With the 14th pick in the 2007 CAG NFL mock draft, the Carolina Panthers select Patrick Willis Middle Linebacker from Ole Miss

PWillis_CAR.jpg
[/quote]

How the hell do you do that?

[quote name='H-Town Info']With the 14th pick in the 2007 CAG NFL mock draft, the Carolina Panthers select Patrick Willis Middle Linebacker from Ole Miss

PWillis_CAR.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Some might consider it a reach, but I think its a sound pick

[quote name='cleaver']Some might consider it a reach, but I think its a sound pick[/QUOTE]

Good replacement for Morgan when the time comes (like first time someone breathes on him). Him and Davis? Damn.

Not-so-Grape Ape is up.

[quote name='H-Town Info']:roll:[/quote]
The Giants were my fulfillment from the Commish (Cochese) and it seems their biggest draft needs were RB, WR, and OL. I believe they want Marshawn Lynch to replace Tiki, but since he was gone I figured they would go with Ginn over Jarrett to give Eli a speed threat and help on returns. Michael Bush is a big back similar to Jacobs and Kenny irons may be a possibility later in the draft.

[quote name='H-Town Info']u know they have sinorece moss from last year's pick right (who is like ted ginn). just fyi to everyone[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing, but Moss didn't fare so well when Toomer went down. I believe he had 5 catches in the 6 games he played, and didn't do much in the return game either. There is a reason Eli was chucking the ball up to Plax and Shockey all season, and with Coughlin back I'm sure he's looking to add some more weapons, especially with speed since Toomers a possesion guy.

[quote name='H-Town Info']u know they have sinorece moss from last year's pick right (who is like ted ginn). just fyi to everyone[/QUOTE]

Sinorace=suck. It's a decent pick, not outside the realm of imagination.

then the giants wasted a 2nd round pick in real life. i just believe they need more o-line protection and CB help imo but i'm not the gm of course.

bread's done
Back