2008-09 NHL Thread - Stanley Cup Finals begin May 30!!!

As a Ranger fan, I would love to have Avery back at this point. This team isn't showing any emotion anymore. Avery might be more trouble then he's worth but it can't get much worse than last night.

[quote name='sobjw']As a Ranger fan, I would love to have Avery back at this point. This team isn't showing any emotion anymore. Avery might be more trouble then he's worth but it can't get much worse than last night.[/quote]

I'm sure the Rangers (or anyone else) could acquire him for a song. It would be nice if Dallas could get someone for him, though.

[quote name='TC']Wings took it in the rear from the Stars tonight. Dallas came out flying and got a whopper lead my boys couldn't make up. Congrats to Marty Turco. It only took him 8 years but he finally got a regular season victory in Detroit.

Now that we have that out of the way. That friggin ref O'Halloran has to really hate the Wings. Maybe Tomas Holmstrom kicked his dog. Watch the four separate videos below. All four are waived off goals three from this guy in the playoffs last year and the last tonight by him. In all four cases the only ref out of the two to waive off the goals is guess who? Dan O'Halloran.

Am I going nuts or is this guy just that bad?

[/quote]

Oh boy. Another whining wings fan. Oh the league is against us. You have a good team but damn you guys never let anything die. Outta the four I only disagreed with one. And don't you notice something interesting. Same player in front of the net. Oh and to waive off a goal all the refs talk it over. So stop it with this shit. Get rid of 96 and your team will win a lot more games.

[quote name='lordwow']Tough loss for the B's.[/QUOTE]
Not their best effort, they'll need to play a lot better than that and their lack of intensity concerns me. Still, they're 5-0-2 in the first 7 of this tough 9 game stretch vs the Caps, Devils, Rags, Habs, Flyers, Sens, Flyers, Sharks, and Devils.

I'll be at that Sharks game on Tuesday, they'd better bring it this time.

Guys guys... (Sharks) I hate to break it to you, but if all you do is pass the fucking puck around (and a shitty job of it) it won't count as a fucking shot on goal. Just lettin ya know.

[quote name='harshdiddy']Oh boy. Another whining wings fan. Oh the league is against us. You have a good team but damn you guys never let anything die. Outta the four I only disagreed with one. And don't you notice something interesting. Same player in front of the net. Oh and to waive off a goal all the refs talk it over. So stop it with this shit. Get rid of 96 and your team will win a lot more games.[/QUOTE]

Yes because Holmstrom is terrible :roll:

[quote name='dafoomie']I'll be at the Bruins-Sharks game tonight, don't miss it. Two best teams in the league.[/quote]

Should be pretty awesome.

I think the game is on Versus, though. :cry:

[quote name='siderealshift']Should be pretty awesome.

I think the game is on Versus, though. :cry:[/quote]

Yeah... it is, I don't have Versus either so I'll be streaming it.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah... it is, I don't have Versus either so I'll be streaming it.[/quote]

No, I get Versus, but they suck at covering hockey. I'd much rather watch the game on Center Ice and listen to the local Boston or San Jose guys. I don't need national commentators explaining to me what "icing" means.

...Unless they have Daryl Reaugh doing the game. That would be AWESOME.

Also: Sean Avery assigned to Hartford. He's one step closer to being out of Dallas for good!

[quote name='siderealshift']No, I get Versus, but they suck at covering hockey. I'd much rather watch the game on Center Ice and listen to the local Boston or San Jose guys. I don't need national commentators explaining to me what "icing" means.

...Unless they have Daryl Reaugh doing the game. That would be AWESOME.

Also: Sean Avery assigned to Hartford. He's one step closer to being out of Dallas for good![/QUOTE]

if you have center ice listen to the san jose guys, randy and drew are the best tandem in hockey.

wow, another turnover for a goal. sharks have had terrible problems with puck possession during this losing streak. they need emilio estavez to come teach them how to pass with some eggs.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Doh.[/QUOTE]

if by doh you mean, hell fucking yeah. then ill agree. nice to see (or listen rather) the sharks get their act together after that 3 game skid.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'll be at the Bruins-Sharks game tonight, don't miss it. Two best teams in the league.[/quote]

Not only did I miss it, but my friend spoiled it for me before I could see it. I'm gonna watch it now...

Edit: Wow, they were absolutely rubbish in the 1st but then poured it on the rest of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kings are on fire right now. The Islanders gave a scare last night, but the Kings finished up their road trip 4-1 and are now 3 points out of a playoff spot after winning 7 of 8.

Meanwhile the Coyotes are screwing up, they went from holding a playoff spot for a good while down to 13th. Still a lot of hockey to be played though.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Sucks how much they've tanked. You two were suppose to hold off The SARS and The fucks...[/quote]
Well the Coyotes are a pretty young and in my opinion, a talented team. I really hope they can get into the playoffs, not only because I want them to win (as a fan of any team would want) but also for the experience that they would get from it.

But hey, so far things are looking good. I've always liked the Bruins even when they were losing a few years back. And the Sharks are playing really well, I tend to go for them in the playoffs.

Edit: Yeah, atdhe is rad

[quote name='Luthien']atdhe.net.......Nice quality streams..Pretty much every game,every day.
[/QUOTE]

amazing, im going to be so sad when people catch on and this gets shut down. thanks.

[quote name='yukine']the Sharks are playing really well, I tend to go for them in the playoffs.[/quote]

Ehh... I dunno, they've kinda been sucking lately. I'm really nervous they choke like last year in the playoffs.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']amazing, im going to be so sad when people catch on and this gets shut down. thanks.[/quote]

Yeah... seriously. :(

god damn, thats 4 losses out of the last 5 games, 3 of them in SO. sharks need to get their act together.

also, now im watching the flames and ducks play. i actually dont mind working until 8 now.

Good fucking lord I love atdhe.net! I'm watching the PHX/SARS game.[quote name='RAMSTORIA'] sharts need to get their act together.[/quote]

Sorry, officially have to go there... FIXED.

Edit:
Go PHX! Beat those SARS!

Blue jackets played a very nice game against the wings. Mason was stellar. Osgood was pretty good himself except on the game winner. Was a good game to watch.

Nice loss Sharts, Good time to start Tanking.

Edit: Luthien, I can't fucking thank you enough. wow. Eat ur Heart out Centre Ice. lool

Now if only my damn teams would win a game tonight...

After the first goal that Turco let in last night, I thought the Stars were screwed. The Canucks played pretty well, but Turco totally shut the door on them. Pretty nice win for the Stars.

I love this picture from last night.

turco_021309.jpg

It looks like Daniel Sedin suddenly levitated two feet off the ice.

Also, if the Sharks are going to lose a few games, they should at least have the courtesy to do it in regulation. Even when they lose they're picking up points!

You need DirecTV with the NHL Network. But yeah man, atdhe.net is awesome. I used it watch the 3 Kings games after the All-Star break that weren't televised here. Quality's good, too.

Speaking of the Kings- I had a nice hockey overtime doubleheader today. I went to LA to see a very good game in which the Kings really controlled the game the last 2/3 of the way (missed period 1 anyway due to traffic) but lost 3-2 after dropping a shootout. Then te Reign beat the Las Vegas Wranglers in overtime, 2-1, in my night cap in Ontario.

the NHL and their TV agreements have to be the dumbest in all of sports, and im even including PGA, Tennis, hell, the WNBA has their TV contract worked out better than the NHL. 2 nights a week on Versus and a Sunday morning game on NBC. The NBC thing could be great, but you cant show the Penguins every week and expect ratings to go up. Take this week for instance, other parts of the country are watching the Sharks and Devils play on NBC right now in high def. But here in northern California, we had the Rangers/Flyers game at 9am and have the Sharks game on CSN in standard def... WTF THIS DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE! whoever negotiated the NHL tv deals over the last few years should be hung.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Wow, Sharts + fucking retarded Refs = FTL :roll:

Only way I'd be happier is if the Sharts actually won a game...[/quote]

Yeah, unfortunately it got the point where the refs were just calling bullshit penalties on either team to "even it out". The Sharks had a chance at the end to tie it up, but the Devils (John Madden) made some good plays to keep them away from the goal. I thought the Devils were fucked when they let Pavelski score shorthanded.

Dallas: You better hope you don't have to play Chicago in the playoffs.

Anaheim: Atlanta? That's kind of embarrassing.

Montreal: Thanks for nothing.

it was a rough game today. a couple of penalties were bad calls, but when you give up 10 minutes worth of penalties in the 3rd youre just asking to lost. i just hope the sharks are getting this out of the way now and will be good to go in the playoffs.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']the NHL and their TV agreements have to be the dumbest in all of sports, and im even including PGA, Tennis, hell, the WNBA has their TV contract worked out better than the NHL. 2 nights a week on Versus and a Sunday morning game on NBC. The NBC thing could be great, but you cant show the Penguins every week and expect ratings to go up. Take this week for instance, other parts of the country are watching the Sharks and Devils play on NBC right now in high def. But here in northern California, we had the Rangers/Flyers game at 9am and have the Sharks game on CSN in standard def... WTF THIS DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE! whoever negotiated the NHL tv deals over the last few years should be hung.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget 2 games on NHL Network (I think Canadians get 3 on CBC) every Saturday for Hockey Night In Canada!

bread's done
Back