2008 Suicide Baseball - CLOSED - PLEASE USE NEW THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='craven_fiend']As someone who is on the losing end currently, this is an awesome idea. Actually, I think this would be win/win for everyone. Those luck enough to have picked winning teams can get a breather. While those of us not so lucky, get a fresh start.[/quote]

I'd agree and appreciate the new system since the Cubs are choking away my 1st chance.

That sounds like a fair idea to me. Certainly I like the idea of getting a second shot at starting over since I'm doubting the Twins will sweep Boston in the next three games... Haha. But yeah, let us know what you decide. I'm loving the opportunity to play in this contest!

[quote name='briansraregames']I'm thinking about changing things up for week #2. Instead of running mon-sun, I'm thinking about changing it up a bit and running the contest from mon-wed (10 days) under this format, you would have to win 5 games instead of 4. That way we could have 4 days to get picks in for the next cycle of games...which would eliminate some headaches for me. Should I elect to go through with this change, we'd pretty much start all over. All players, win or lose, who are signed up for the contest will keep the same teams from week #1 and would advance on to week #2 and to reward the players that picked their week #1 teams correctly, they would then get a free bye week and pass on to week three automatically. So, let me know how that sounds to you guys and I'll think it over. Thanks.[/quote]

This sounds like an excellent idea. Let us know what you end up deciding to do!

I still hope the Cardinals can pull out 2 wins out of the next 3 games though :p. Would be nice to get a "bye" for week 2 if you do this!!

If we follow this new format, would those who signed up in week 1 still have a bye to use even if their team was correctly picked in the first round? Or will all byes be gone by week 3?

I think it is a good idea to run it from Mon-Wed, this way you have time to organize and keep up with the results. It'll also give everyone some more time to pick their teams.

This is a great contest!! I've been watching so much baseball lately its great--- and its b/c of this! :p

OP, I think you should do what's easiest for you.

Personally, I would have liked all the players who lost week #1 out, since it lessens the competition. But, I guess it doesn't really matter since the "good" players are the only one's you should really worry about.

Hope the Marlins continue their streak.

[quote name='dkim064']OP, I think you should do what's easiest for you.

Personally, I would have liked all the players who lost week #1 out, since it lessens the competition. But, I guess it doesn't really matter since the "good" players are the only one's you should really worry about.

[/quote]
Not during interleauge :p

[quote name='dkim064']OP, I think you should do what's easiest for you.

[/QUOTE]

x2, I didn't want to be the first to say it but I agree. But alas I picked the Oakland A's so I am in a more favorable position them most. Picking a team that will 4 games out of an average of 6 games and max of 7 games sounded great, picking a team with 5 wins out of an average of 8-9 games with the possiblity of 10 games seems too easy. And since elimination of players will be every two weeks, the contest will run quite long. Factor in all-star break and this might take months at the very least and then you start worrying about whether it will finish before the season concludes.

But of course, what ever is easy your for you. And thanks again for a great contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back